Forums

9 posts

3 sounds
    4 posts
    Competitions?

I know this was bounced around earlier this year, but I really like the idea. Competitions would be a cool way to get some more active contribution. The big question is: what can we do for prizes? As much as I would like to say "I'm just happy with the affirmation", something more tangiable would be nice....

Perhaps another idea to add onto it is not only themes but other forms of art. For example, link to a picture on DeviantArt and get samples and soundscapes of it.....

121 sounds
    1545 posts

we're talking to computer music to see if we can do a nice competition for freesound with them. Something with "competition themes". For example, you could have a theme called "the sound of Mars" where you have to imagine the sound of Mars.

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    253 sounds
    86 posts

Synapse
    I know this was bounced around earlier this year, but I really like the idea. Competitions would be a cool way to get some more active contribution. The big question is: what can we do for prizes? As much as I would like to say "I'm just happy with the affirmation", something more tangiable would be nice....

Perhaps another idea to add onto it is not only themes but other forms of art. For example, link to a picture on DeviantArt and get samples and soundscapes of it.....

i would totally compete for a freesound t-shirt . . . actually, i would totally buy one too smile

Nic Stage - Field recorder organism
    186 sounds
    319 posts

hehe me 2 smile

117 sounds
    38 posts

Well...... smile that makes 3 of us...

...All your sound are belong to us... www.twistedlemon.nl
    150 sounds
    64 posts

Bram
    we're talking to computer music to see if we can do a nice competition for freesound with them. Something with "competition themes". For example, you could have a theme called "the sound of Mars" where you have to imagine the sound of Mars.

- Bram

cool idea, bram. andrew

29 sounds
    47 posts

nicStage
    Synapse

i would totally compete for a freesound t-shirt . . . actually, i would totally buy one too smile

Hey if you're looking for designs for a t-shirt...I could help out!

121 sounds
    1545 posts

feel free to make some designs smile

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    338 sounds
    41 posts

Bram

- Bram

You are a smart guy Bram! :wink:

i will love to fall in a competition theme like "the sound of Mars"
    .. or "the sound of venus" or whichever other planet you will choose

btw 1st post here, G R E A T site! really! .. congratulations

suonho @ soundcloud groovin' lifetime

9 posts