Forums

8 posts

28 sounds
    287 posts
    Can't listen to previews

i was just having a look at what Acclivity and others had submitted to the website and it won't let me listen to the previews when i'm on a page like this:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/usersViewSingle.php?id=37876

however when i click to enlarge the sample - to get all the info and such it works fine. I use Firefox on Windows XP ME.

i did try it in IE and Opera and they both work fine. Me or the site?

"Sound is just experience without sight." Official Acclivity Fan Club - Founder and Member. Flac? Ogg? Aiff? Click Here For Help!
    178 sounds
    740 posts

For me, the "small preview" works about 50% of the time and cuts out after a short time, I'd say 10 seconds on average. This is using Firefox 2 on Mac OS 10.4, and earlier versions on Mac and Windows as I recall. The full view works fine though. Wierd.

Freesound Admin Official Acclivity Fan Club - Member Stuck with FLAC? Check the FAQ.
    0 sounds
    2 posts

I have exactly the same problem, Firefox Windows XP, i cant hear the preview but the main page sound is perfect!

0 sounds
    1 post

A while ago my computer has crashed
    before that Freesound worked well
    In the meantime the computer works again
    also the music programs except Freesound
    The playing knob and loop knob have vanished
    Does anyone recognize this

213 sounds
    180 posts

I am on Mac Osx 10.3.9, last firefox 2.0.0.1 and previews work all the time. My only problem is the java applet, but that's a completely different story.

Anyone with os x 10.4 with that problem apart from halleck ?

Jaume Ferrete www.jaumeferrete.net
    178 sounds
    740 posts

So it turns out this is probably related to the fact that I do tabbed browsing, so if I have two or three pages of search results open at once, flash player stops working because there are too many instances. (I think bram explained this to me, evidently you can only have sixteen or so instances before it wigs out.)

Freesound Admin Official Acclivity Fan Club - Member Stuck with FLAC? Check the FAQ.
    546 sounds
    351 posts

X ray

The playing knob and loop knob have vanished

Sounds as if Flash player is not installed or working.

Mike

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    121 sounds
    1545 posts

the solution is simple:

close ALL your browser tabs AND windows and open only ONE with the flash player.

that way, it SHOULD work, if flash player is correctly installed.

cheerio!

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.

8 posts