Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Feature request: Sort by downloads

I think it would be a huge help to be able to sort tags and search results by number of downloads. It would certainly be easier to implement than sorting by popularity or rating (which would also be nice).

Stay awesome!

0 sounds
    2 posts

How about the ability to sort by date? That would save so much time for return users.

The ability to sort by date/downloads/popularity seems like a pretty standard feature, not too difficult to add. I'm surprised it isn't here.

3095 sounds
    308 posts

It is not totally obvious, but once you have searched for something, you have the option (next to the text box with the words you searched for) to sort by various things like date and number of downloads. If you click "advanced search options" you get a few additional ways to aid in your results. But I agree it is not exactly intuitive since you have to first search and then re-search again, there doesn't seem to be a way to access those features directly on the main page.
    For example, here is a search for "rust" ordered by newest first and limited to only searching tags rather than tags and description:
    http://www.freesound.org/search/?q=rust&f;=duration%3A%5B0+TO+*%5D&s;=created+desc&advanced;=1&a;_tag=1

I hope I am not misunderstanding!

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thank you. This helps. I mainly meant that when you click a particular tag, it would be nice to have the option to sort by date/downloads/popularity. But no big deal really.

4 posts