Forums

8 posts

0 sounds
    7 posts
    RHumphreys sample packs problems

I'm trying to download samplepacks 111 and 113... for some reason they just download incessantly and never stop. I can't open them. I have no problems downloading other packs. What's the matter with these? Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

5 sounds
    130 posts

i have download-probs with some sample-packs and believe the server is overload - too bad...i becomes this browser-info:

"phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

SELECT u.*, s.* FROM phpbb_sessions s, phpbb_users u WHERE s.session_id = 'c2643ee02cb0e0591fc1e8e420cc4dcb' AND u.user_id = s.session_user_id

Line : 247
    File : /var/www/forum/includes/sessions.php"...cu

tro

0 sounds
    7 posts

yikes, that's gnarly. I've tried 3 different browsers, and on all of them the tube just keeps filling up during download; it stops at what seems like the correct file size (Though the ACTUAL file size is "?") but never resolves into a file on my desktop. So close, yet so far!

---On a related note, everything seems to be working fine now. Just a bit laggy.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

Plasmatron7:

could you try again now? the pack (nr 111) is 15MB large so it will take a while weird
    i just downloaded it and it went perfectly OK, so that's a bit weird...
    yesterday we had bigtime trouble with the server - but it should be OK now.

tERMoBLUe:
    that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the file download, but equally bad!
    however - with the trouble from yesterday it doesn't surprise me...
    if you see it again, please let me know!

cheers both of you

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    5 sounds
    130 posts

alright, bram wink ...no problem, it now run...it concerned the big data packs...ciao

tro

0 sounds
    7 posts

Bram, sorry to alarm you about the packs; it did work fine eventually. Thanks for checking it out, though. Next time I'll just have to give it a little longer.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

actualy, your question spurred some furious coding from my side, and the packs should now donwload a LOT better. I was compressing them on the fly every time someone downloaded them, and I think this was really killing the server.

Now I'm storing them the firsttime they are compressed, yay, much better smile

Eek, just thought about a bug: when someone adds a sample to a pack afterwards, I'll have to delete it on the server so it gets rebuilt. Work for today!

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    121 sounds
    1545 posts

*fixed*
    locking thraed.

- bram

8 posts