Forums

10 posts

186 sounds
    319 posts
    images with sounds

I think it would be nice if people could upload a small (320x240 max?) image to their sounds.
    For some like Sonic and myself, who take pictures of the sounds they recorded) it migth be a usefull feature to see what a source was in some cases.
    For others, it could mean a possibility to give a personal touch to the page that holds their sounds. Perhaps this will remind some of the users that theirs people recording/creating these sounds not machines or abstract nicks smile
    On the other hand i see the danger of it becoming a place for big ugly blinking banners which is obviously something that we dont want over here.

Cheers

121 sounds
    1544 posts

not a bad idea...! I was thinking myself how we can make the sound pages more personal, or at least the comments and personal pages... Perhaps I should start using the phpBB avatars in comments as well...

Any more ideas anyone?

cheers,

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    190 sounds
    179 posts

Yeah!

Avatars would be cool, images on sounds would be a cool one too indeed. Not sure how many peoople will use that tho.

On the other side, non limited size signatures or the like makes a mess often on forums.

The user info could take the look of a little blog maybe. Some pics and maybe the ability of linking to other users or featured sounds i like.

Do you get the picture? how does that sounds? woot

Jaume Ferrete www.jaumeferrete.net
    37 sounds
    65 posts

Or perhaps a simple gallery of sorts?

Sonic Sound Designer :: Bioware :: Pandemic
    117 sounds
    38 posts

As a interface addition to the idea.

Maybe it would be usefull to have a standard image directory in your FTP folder here at freesound. I guess the folder than can be restricted to a certain amount of data. And in this way make a pop-up box at your sounds where you can easily select your images. Because image reuse will probably occour a lot (logo's ect.)

...All your sound are belong to us... www.twistedlemon.nl
    186 sounds
    319 posts

The dozer sounds/images from Sonic sparked this idea for me and ive been taking pictures of my field recordings since that time.

3050 sounds
    476 posts

a different side of the sound/image issue: after some learning on sonograms, within a comment I have added a link to the first done by me, have a look. Spectral views are great!
    http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3162/crestedlark4fa.th.jpg

It corresponds to sound ID=4207

546 sounds
    351 posts

I would be most interested in being able to upload an image of the subject or location of my field recordings.

Please consider!

acclivity

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    4677 sounds
    376 posts

You can Geotag your field recording when looking at detailed view. Ask Bram about adding pictures! Happy New Year!

546 sounds
    351 posts

I'd love to be able to add an image of the old lady featured in "OlgaNR1.mp3"

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"

10 posts