Forums

13 posts

249 sounds
    5 posts
    upload mishaps?

I just joined today (I saw Bram & Jaume's presentation in Prague, and then had dinner with them), and tried to upload a bunch of sounds. I got errors for each file. Some of the errors reported had to do with renaming the files (something I guess freesound does to standardize file names), and some said that my file types were not supported (I'm only uploading wave and aiff files). I think that as a result, all of my tagging and describing may have been lost. I'm new to this whole freesound thing, so it's entirely likely I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

my real name: Vincent Olivieri
    1357 sounds
    123 posts

It looks like a general problem - I just tried to upload 3 new files and got renaming error messages which has never happened before. So we are in the hands of Bram and colleagues who will I am sure put things right soon.

Welcome to Freesound! Look forward to your uploads.

306 sounds
    74 posts

I noticed it too yesterday. Hope Bram & co can fix this.

26 sounds
    6 posts

same with me, I can't upload, tells me that the renaming fails

0 sounds
    215 posts

HaAAaaaaaAAA!!! Dont" WoRk for Me too :evil: ...

606 sounds
    276 posts

HardPCM
    HaAAaaaaaAAA!!! Dont" WoRk for Me too :evil: ...

Same here sad

...on the other hand, the site doesn't break down very often cool

121 sounds
    1545 posts

ugh,

damn, what a mess... the problem is fixed but all files uploaded between today and about 4 days ago need to be re-described again...

things like these never happen at good times: I was in Seville for a short vacation while this happened!

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    249 sounds
    5 posts

hrm. Well, it looks like it's back up and running. I still had some trouble with about half of my aiffs, but resaving to waves and re-uploading seemed to fix the problem. Thanks, Bram, and happy listening!

my real name: Vincent Olivieri
    606 sounds
    276 posts

volivieri
    hrm. Well, it looks like it's back up and running. I still had some trouble with about half of my aiffs, but resaving to waves and re-uploading seemed to fix the problem. Thanks, Bram, and happy listening!

Yes I had to re-upload too. I saw the files in my FTP area but when I went to describe them they didn't show.

Deleting, then re-uploading fixed the problem, not a big deal.

digifish

121 sounds
    1545 posts

welcome volivieri,

it's great to see our talk actually had effect wink

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    3055 sounds
    476 posts

Bram
    ugh,
    I was in Seville for a short vacation while this happened!
    - bram

shame on you :x
    EDIT: about your not giving a ring or something, I mean

121 sounds
    1545 posts

oh damn!

I thought you were in the south, but not in Seville.

ARGH! That's SO stupid of me, ...

- bram

190 sounds
    179 posts

volivieri
    I just joined today (I saw Bram & Jaume's presentation in Prague, and then had dinner with them), and tried to upload a bunch of sounds. I got errors for each file. Some of the errors reported had to do with renaming the files (something I guess freesound does to standardize file names), and some said that my file types were not supported (I'm only uploading wave and aiff files). I think that as a result, all of my tagging and describing may have been lost. I'm new to this whole freesound thing, so it's entirely likely I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Welcome ! grin

Jaume Ferrete www.jaumeferrete.net

13 posts