Forums

4 posts

433 sounds
    228 posts
    Folder checkbox and bulk description

Ok so I've started to upload a set of oneshot samples of a complete multisampled grand piano 88 keys 3 strengthes. This gives a total of 264 samples. Right now I have to:

* Check 264 checkboxes one per sample
    * Write a tag line and paste it 263 times
    * Write a description and paste it 263 times

Where you could make the work so much easier for the user by

* Checking one checkbox for the folder who holds the samples
    * Write one tagline and apply it for the entire folder
    * Write one description and apply it for the entire folder

Which would you prefer to do?

Best regards Johan Brodd
    121 sounds
    1544 posts

giving all samples exactly the same description stops people from finding one of those samples. All samples are different and the descriptions SHOULD reflect this. I know this is sometimes very difficult, but the only way to SEARCH for samples is by words. SO if the description isn't accurate, your samples will never be found weird

I understand what you mean, but if we have this feature I fear that people will abuse it a lot.

Upload: bass drum / snare drum / hihat / .....
    Description: "various samples of my drum set"

See what I mean?

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    121 sounds
    1544 posts

I suppose your post relates to this pack you just uploaded:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=2489

Pardon me, but those are about the worst type of descriptions you find on freesound...

I'm sure you can do a lot better than "piano"

"A single piano note ( F3# ), recorded with the strings damped/released/.. from X cm with microphone Y, played fortissimo on piano Z. Post processing includes ..."

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    433 sounds
    228 posts

Well I know it is a bad description, I wrote a quick description for change it when I got more time. The problem is still not solved.

Best regards Johan Brodd

4 posts