Forums

8 posts

0 sounds
    17 posts
    Lossless Audio Codec

Please support a lossless codec; FLAC rocks! It's similar to MP3, but lossless—audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. Also it supports tags; FLAC has its own native tagging system which is identical to that of Vorbis.

0 sounds
    1 post

I agree. Unless you are sharing samples in 24/48 you may as well save about %50 diskspace and bandwidth by using the FLAC format. It yields the same quality as a 16/44 wav at half the file size...plus as monochrome said..its taggable. Not to mention open source.

186 sounds
    319 posts

i think supporting flac is a nice idea. There is a limit to the usabilty of flac currently with editors in windows (afaik). I dont think Nuendo, Audition etc. support it yet.

On a side note: where can i find a good flac plugin for winamp?

0 sounds
    17 posts

Anton
    i think supporting flac is a nice idea. There is a limit to the usabilty of flac currently with editors in windows (afaik). I dont think Nuendo, Audition etc. support it yet.

FLAC 1.1.2 for Cool Edit 96/2000/Pro & Adobe Audition
    Anton
    On a side note: where can i find a good flac plugin for winamp?

Flac Input Plug-in 1.1.2 (with full Media Library support)

10 sounds
    4 posts

hi everyone.
    it would be fine, if flac will be supported.
    I'm using dbPoweramp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm) to convert between flac/wav.

the compression of flac is very fast!

greetings
    marcus

121 sounds
    1545 posts

freesound now supports flac....

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    190 sounds
    179 posts

isn't it amazing

Jaume Ferrete www.jaumeferrete.net
    0 sounds
    17 posts

Thanks!

8 posts