Forums

9 posts

606 sounds
    276 posts
    Rename sample packs

Hi Bram,

will we have the ability to change the name of sample packs in Freesound 2.0?

I want to change one of mine, rather than create a new one and move them all across.

digifish

1454 sounds
    109 posts

renaming file names will be helpful too

sound addictive human being...
    606 sounds
    276 posts

Robinhood76
    renaming file names will be helpful too

Yeah, it really is a bit of a land of no return when contributing to Freesound weirdhock:

Regards Scott

371 sounds
    254 posts

So this means I can't change my file names?If so :cry: because I had trouble doing it at the uploading stage.

121 sounds
    1544 posts

renaming files (and packs) is a bit of a problem because they involve changing the filenames of actual physical files on the hard drive. Hence, it wasn't implemented in freesound 1.0. I will try to add it to freesound 2.0, although it's a bit of a pain! smile

especially packs should be rename-able!

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    606 sounds
    276 posts

Bram
    renaming files (and packs) is a bit of a problem because they involve changing the filenames of actual physical files on the hard drive. Hence, it wasn't implemented in freesound 1.0. I will try to add it to freesound 2.0, although it's a bit of a pain! smile

especially packs should be rename-able!

- Bram

Thanks, yes packs in particular...

digifish

410 sounds
    40 posts

Bram, please don't forget about the 'rename files' option. It's crucial for me as I want to keep optimizing, cleaning and structuring my files.

www.rutgermuller.nl
    9 sounds
    3 posts

Please make it possible to rename files.
    Thanks

121 sounds
    1544 posts

File renaming is possible in freesound beta, which will become "the" freesound website next week. smile

Pack rename isn't done yet. It's completely impossible to do in freesound1, but in freesound2 it will be very easy to implement smile

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.

9 posts