Forums

4 posts

9 sounds
    4 posts
    Unable to upload using not flash version and my about message considered as spam.

Hi.
    I have got two problems with the website.
    First of all i was unable to upload a sound using the non flash version. After uploading i recieved a 404 error if i remember correctly.
    Also when i edit my profile it says that my about text is considered spam. Can you tell me what is wrong with this text so i can change it?

"My name is Nikos and i am from Cyprus. I speak Greek and English. I am totally blind.

I enjoy recording sounds especially birds and nature in general."

Thanks for reading
    Nikos

891 sounds
    840 posts

Hi Nicos,

If you still have problems and now one sends a feedback on this forum, you can use the 'contact'-link down at this page. You get contact with the system-guys than.

Guggestions of the problem you have;

1] install latest browser
    2] install last flash version

3] about the profile; perhaps to mutch links in the profile. Try to upload a profile without links first.

4] Problems uploading; Send files one-by-one. That works fine at my computer. I get a 404 when I am uploading more than one long file (>30mb).

If you still have problems and now one sends a feedback on this forum, you can use the 'contact'-link down at this page. You get contact with the system-guys than.

succes

To hear, you first have to listen
    9 sounds
    4 posts

Hi.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    My about message didn't contain any links or anything just the plain text i pasted in the first post.
    The file that i was trying to upload was in mp3 format 20 mb and i think its length is about 14 minutes.
    I cannot use the flash version for my upload because i am using a screen reader to access the website and it hundles non flush better.
    And this is a reason why i might have difficulties with the contacts page as well because there is a captcha. I saw an audio captcha option which might help but sometimes the audio version is very distorded and we might not be able to understand it but i will have to give it a try.
    Over all i am very happy with the website. It is very accessible and i like the fact that you included the play and loop buttons for the player in html as well as flash and it works really well. Only a few websites offer this and i am very happy about this.
    I will try one more time to upload and i will let you know if it works this time.
    Nikos

9 sounds
    4 posts

Hi.
    I am glad to repport that i mannaged to upload my sound. The first time i used firefox but this time i used internet explorer 8 and it worked. I might try and upload something with firefox again using non flash version to see if i continue to have problems.
    Nikos

4 posts