Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    4 posts
    please state the key note of your pieces !!

i find it quite annoying that people are not putting what key their samples/sounds/pieces are in !!

it would'nt take long to just put "this is in A#"

your thoughts ?

60 sounds
    704 posts

I haven't had to download many pieces, so I wouldn't necessarily say I'm annoyed, but when I have had to do that, I have really felt that the pieces miss a few key bits of metadata.
    I think it may actually even be better to concoct a standardized template so that people can just fill in the answer to categories like "bpm," "key," "created using/recorded using" etc.

0 sounds
    4 posts

exactly, it then would be easier to use different samples together if they are in the same "key" !!

im sure most people who make samples and pieces of music must know the basic chords ??

167 sounds
    1510 posts

afleetingspeck wrote:
    I haven't had to download many pieces, so I wouldn't necessarily say I'm annoyed, but when I have had to do that, I have really felt that the pieces miss a few key bits of metadata.
    I think it may actually even be better to concoct a standardized template so that people can just fill in the answer to categories like "bpm," "key," "created using/recorded using" etc.

Oh my afleetingspeck has done it yet again. Great suggestion! A++++

Although I don't really upload/download musical samples Freesound needs this.

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

4 posts