Forums

8 posts

98 sounds
    44 posts
    Ability to hide downloads?

You guys could make it so anyone can downoad or have their downoaded list cleared when ever they want.
    Bram I've told you and you don't seem to want to.

Did I miss anything?
    0 sounds
    121 posts

But Timtube, I don't quite see your logic. What would be the point? I think we possibly need a little more explanation as to your thoughts.

Cheers

98 sounds
    44 posts

I want to download from freesound but I don't want people to know what i'm downloading.
    I think that sometime if somebody see's what I'm downloading they will wonder what I'm doing and not linking back to freesound.

Did I miss anything?
    546 sounds
    351 posts

Tim, I really don't think anyone's that interested in what you download.
    Some members download virtually every file.
    We find it more suspicious that you WANT to hide !

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    3080 sounds
    306 posts

So are you admitting to using samples and not crediting properly, and you want Freesound to make it easier for you to do that?

98 sounds
    44 posts

I did mention freesound in this video, I've mention it as being greaT.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3338927827525636984&hl=en

Did I miss anything?
    18 sounds
    456 posts

Well then there's no problem smile
    I often download several files, I don't know whether they're exactly what I want or if I even use them. Most files I download end up in the 'unused' pile, simply because maybe I found a better one for the purpose, I recorded a similar sound myself, the sound did not fit in, the whole scene got cancelled. Or maybe I'm working on a bigger project for which I already need the files, but it doesn't go public until some time next month.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

At least you were not here before all the file names changed, I have tried hunting through my attribution list to find out where the hell I got a sound that you can't even hear disitinctly in the mix for hours before giving up. Besides the fact that the file names changed, I used to rename them myself so they made sense to me. Even if I renamed them fsbell imagine my horror 3 years later when the 3 bell sounds became 100 and by the time I finish the song I have to sit and listen to everyone or go through pages and pages of my downloads in text format!

So I'l like to make a disclaimer statement here:

If for any reason I was unable to properly attribute your sound (drum hits are a big one, I have thousands of them), please let me know and I'll gladly update the credits.

8 posts