Forums

4 posts

14 sounds
    2 posts
    Upload policy - am I missing something?

Hey Freesound,
    I just heard about this site a week ago and got tons excited (and somewhat freaked out, as the idea for this site had just occurred to me two weeks prior) and wanted to start contributing right away. I uploaded four .WAV files of noises I recorded around the pad, but only three were approved. The one that was not approved was a recording of a Vibratone, which is a cylindrical tuning-fork-like object that, when struck with a mallet, produces a tone at the pitch of the E note. My question is, why was my recording of the Vibratone being struck once and decaying to silence not approved? I don't think it's a copyright issue, which I believed was the only restriction on what sound could be uploaded. I just want to know what, if anything, I'm missing, so I can upload files properly in the future.

Thanks all.
    jon

186 sounds
    319 posts

Ey
    its all my fault, i was moderating your files and got distracted as I stumbled upon your vibratone sample. It is now approved.

121 sounds
    1544 posts

the Anton is back to moderation!!
    rejoyce, rejoyce smile

no worries, xyzr_kx, he's an EXCELLENT moderator but he's also a confused kiddo smile <grin>

-bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    14 sounds
    2 posts

Awesome. Thanks Anton / Bram!

4 posts