Forums

3 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Sound Invalid or Unsupported

I was trying to put a Wave file into an Adobe Indesign Interactive PDF but it keeps coming up with "Sound Invalid or unsupported". I have successfully placed another sound that I had on file. Any tips on getting it to work, the sound file appears to be fine.

21 sounds
    88 posts

Hello Sara8,

maybe it helps to have a closer look at the Wave file that worked with your PDF Creation Tool.

e. g.:

- is it really a wav file and not an aif?
    - what sampling frequency is it using? (e. g. 44100 khz)
    - what bitdepth is it using? (e. g. 16 bit)
    - is it Mono or Stereo?

I guess, you are on a Macintosh? (Mac OS)

If you do not know, how to find that things out; you can send me that file; or i'll try to explain it here - but sadly i don't have a Mac and so i can not say, what programs you can use or not.

I'm sorry.

Soundfull Greetings,
    .Ingo.

PS: i'll send you my eMail adress as a Personal Message, if that is "okay" for you smile .

Music is the Language, that Everyone understands d^_^b
    1118 sounds
    396 posts

Sara8
    I was trying to put a Wave file into an Adobe Indesign Interactive PDF but it keeps coming up with "Sound Invalid or unsupported". I have successfully placed another sound that I had on file. Any tips on getting it to work, the sound file appears to be fine.
    maybe it's 24bit?

check out http://help.adobe.com/en_US/InDesign/6.0/WSC117AD88-69F6-4658-A1F1-12012B15B9D7.html (and use google wink ) maybe it'll help.

If you find out that you will have to change your wav file, you'll have to find an "audio converter" or use an audio editor like audacity to convert it..

Click here to lend your support to: Freesound 2011 donations and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !
    Donate to Freesound.org
    so it can serve even more and better sounds to you in the future!

3 posts