5 posts

31 sounds
    1 post
    FTP Applet - problems uploading

FTP applet page has a huge busted link on it and I can't proceed with an upload. A pity, as I had a few new additions to make

527 sounds
    651 posts

I am unable to upload as well

"Applet not found"

It worked eventually.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    55 sounds
    127 posts

Applet works for me though on my Firefox/OSX 10.6 system the window that the applet is painted in should be made a little wider. I've lost 2-3 characters width on either side. (I'm on a 1920px wide window).

I wonder if it is a security setting for you? When I access the applet it always tells me it is trying to access my computer and asks for my permission.

121 sounds
    1553 posts

CGEffex got the right answer.
    For mac there is also CyberDuck which has a slightly more mac-ish way of going about things.

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    18 sounds
    1 post

Hi Bram,
    I have my students uploading their freesounds this week. Is it the applet itself that's causing this error message when you go to describe the file? I've had it happen to a few students and myself, using the applet (I'm trying to not have to have them download additional software if necessary)

(this file might be broken, please upload it again...)

5 posts