Forums

5 posts

5 sounds
    6 posts
    No space left on server? nahhhh

550 Can't create directory: No space left on device
    ERROR:> Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).
    ERROR:> Can't create following directory: "/test".

Hi,

I just tried uploading my first contribution to the sound library, and it tells me there is no space left to upload the file. The above error came when I tried to create a directory on the FTP. I followed the FTP login instructions and the login part works fine, however I cant seem to upload. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. I find it hard to believe there is no space left on the server... lol I must be doing something wrong.

Robert

178 sounds
    740 posts

I don't think you're supposed to create a directory... just upload it wherever you wind up after logging in (this should be your home directory).

Freesound Admin Official Acclivity Fan Club - Member Stuck with FLAC? Check the FAQ.
    121 sounds
    1544 posts

problem -temporarily at least- fixed!

Halleck, better let me reply the really techy questions, Ionizing was right, the partition was full woot

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    178 sounds
    740 posts

Ah okay... that's what I get for ignoring occam's razor. tongue

Freesound Admin Official Acclivity Fan Club - Member Stuck with FLAC? Check the FAQ.
    5 sounds
    6 posts

thanks, Ill give it another shot now.

5 posts