Forums

5 posts

0 sounds
    2 posts
    Screechy sound when file downloaded

Hi there, when i play a sound file on the website it plays perfectly. When i download the file and play it the sound is allot more screechy and disturbed. what can i do to resolve this?

546 sounds
    351 posts

Can you give me an example of a file you're having trouble with?

Most people complain that the preview quality is poor (not that I can usually tell).

Mike

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    178 sounds
    738 posts

Yes, please show us the file... this could be a corrupted file or there could be some sort of encoding/decoding issue.

Freesound Admin Official Acclivity Fan Club - Member Stuck with FLAC? Check the FAQ.
    0 sounds
    2 posts

An example of a file was rhino-04.wav
    It managed to play correctly when i used a different player. Initially i used windows media player and it sounded screechy and disturbed. I dont think the files are corrupted though..

178 sounds
    738 posts

Hm.. I listened to that sample and downloaded it. It plays fine for me in Windows Media Player 9 and Quicktime 7. I really don't know what the problem is... if it's any help, Quicktime reports the encoder settings as 32-bit Float (Little Endian).

Freesound Admin Official Acclivity Fan Club - Member Stuck with FLAC? Check the FAQ.

5 posts