Forums

7 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Password retrieval and activation e-mail not working

To whoever administrates this site:

Something is flawed with the password retrieval system, and the activation e-mail that is supposed to be sent to newly registered users. I tried retrieving my old password several times - have waited for days - and no e-mail ever comes through, even though the site says a new password has been sent. I tried e-mailing the support (at) thisdomain dot org, but never got any response.

I also tried registering a new account on a different e-mail address, but same thing - no activation mail ever came through. E-mailed the support again. No response.

I decided to try and see if perhaps it could be related to the domain I'm using for my e-mail, although I don't see *how* since I don't have any problems receiving e-mail from anyone else (?). So I registered an account a gmail, registered yet another account here, and voila - there it was. In an INSTANT second - an activation e-mail.

Don't you find that pretty weird? I would definitely look into this if I was the administrator of this site.

Thank you, and merry christmas.

0 sounds
    1 post

To mailhost admin:

Jan 2 20:08:07 mail postfix/smtpd[26513]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from relay1-d.mail.gandi.net[217.70.183.193]: 504 5.5.2 <www-data@iua-freesound>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address; from=<www-data@iua-freesound> to=<mickey@disney.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<relay1-d.mail.gandi.net>

The "From:" addresses in your outgoing emails for the registration feature do not have FQDNs. This is causing your traffic to be rejected by mailhosts with rather rudimentary mailhost anti-spam configurations. In the log entry above, note that your traffic appears to be from "www-data@iua-freesound".

Thank you

13 sounds
    215 posts

I have received no mail from Freesound at all since 7 December 2010. I checked my profile and am still ticked to be sent notifications for new posts in watched threads etc. I would have expected to get maybe thirty plus such e-mails since then. Also prior to December I got lots of notifications to threads which were either ancient history, or led to error pages - "No such article". I'm not too upset about this, but for critical e-mails I can feel people's frustration.

Dunno, my issue may be related to above and give some clues to help the Admin trace this.

Heaven in the sky is to die for, Heaven on earth is to live for.
    0 sounds
    2 posts

Same here, no activation emails received from your system using GMX and my ISP’s email account.
    However, see first posting, gmail seems to work …

sad

527 sounds
    651 posts

No email for new comments either.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    0 sounds
    1 post

It took over a week to receive my reg/activation email. This was also to a gmail account.

0 sounds
    1 post

7 posts