Forums

  • avatar
    1439 sounds
    1547 posts


    Thanks to Copic4t for suggesting clearing the internet cache on my computer.
    That resolved the problem and restored access to Soundcloud. Posting this information here in case it helps others.

    I am still using the old version of soundcloud.

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    167 sounds
    1462 posts


    Works fine for me (mac firefox 4)

    I think the change looks pretty good in my humble opinion. Now the comments don't !$%&*! appear over the waveform display. That really aggravated me.


    I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

    ╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
  • avatar
    60 sounds
    690 posts


    Head-Phaze wrote:
    Works fine for me (mac firefox 4)

    I think the change looks pretty good in my humble opinion. Now the comments don't !$%&*! appear over the waveform display. That really aggravated me.


    i love the new waveform, but completely hate everything else. i switched back and forth about 19 times (hyperbole), but as of now, i'm going with the old look.

  • avatar
    316 sounds
    118 posts


    I've uploaded some of the sounds I've been programming for this project here:

    http://www.freesound.org/people/Puniho/packs/10707/

    I enjoy progamming unusual and experimental synth sounds so I've had a lot of fun! I used Reason's Thor synthesizor on some of the sounds. I used two phase modulation oscilators and produced a patch with a nice deep bass sound in the low registar but also a clear bell like overtone in the upper registars.

    THe other sounds were created using Rob Papens Predator synth. I used a self oscillation feature. I turned off the oscs and used the filter resonance to feedback and make it self oscillate. I then used other filters and envolopes to tame the sound and I made a very clear and high bell like sound. I then programmed an arp using the in built sequencer.

    These patches and many others I've made will also be included in the Propellerhead Reason Forum users Xmas refill which will be freely available soon!

  • avatar
    60 sounds
    690 posts


    Puniho wrote:
    I've uploaded some of the sounds I've been programming for this project here:

    http://www.freesound.org/people/Puniho/packs/10707/

    I enjoy progamming unusual and experimental synth sounds so I've had a lot of fun! I used Reason's Thor synthesizor on some of the sounds. I used two phase modulation oscilators and produced a patch with a nice deep bass sound in the low registar but also a clear bell like overtone in the upper registars.

    THe other sounds were created using Rob Papens Predator synth. I used a self oscillation feature. I turned off the oscs and used the filter resonance to feedback and make it self oscillate. I then used other filters and envolopes to tame the sound and I made a very clear and high bell like sound. I then programmed an arp using the in built sequencer.

    These patches and many others I've made will also be included in the Propellerhead Reason Forum users Xmas refill which will be freely available soon!

    I haven't checked out the songs yet, but I think I will end up using the bell like sounds. Thanks a bunch!

  • avatar
    316 sounds
    118 posts


    You're welcome! Glad you find them usefull!

  • avatar
    62 sounds
    50 posts


    AlienXXX wrote:
    Guys you need to hurry up!
    Time is running out and a new normal dare has already been posted:
    http://www.freesound.org/forum/dare-the-community/33184/

    MojoMills and I are about to wrap it up today we'll be done with the entry. I will post my custom made sounds on the day of the deadline.

    'Attention Please' by mojomills & Bliss
    See sound in a different frequency and illuminate your vision.
  • avatar
    269 sounds
    58 posts


    Bliss and I are in the final stretch!
    We will be posting tomorrow and, not to give anything away, it rocks!
    So, keep an ear out for the upcoming release.

    The first Collab Dare has been a lot of fun and I'm very much anticipating everyone's entries.

    Thanks to Bliss for the fantastic contributions and timely responses.
    Working with him has been inspiring and I'm grateful to have taken part in this Dare with him.

    And thanks to AlienXXX for making the concept of a collaboration project a reality.
    It's rare to see someone so receptive and willing to take chances in trying something new.
    Thanks!

    Well, back to work.
    Tomorrow will be a day for the books!

    Til then, I'm off!

    woooooooooooosssshhhhhhhh

  • avatar
    1439 sounds
    1547 posts


    Everyone

    I am still having problems accessing Soundcloud.
    Cleared cache, etc... no good. So maybe it was just coincidence previously that it worked when I tried that (?)

    Using Opera I can actually get into Soundcloud - but I am unable to play any pieces! I have downloaded Carmsie's entry and I am playing it now.

    I do not know if the problem is just me. Can other people access it normally?
    Either way... unless it gets resolved I will stop using Soundcloud.

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    60 sounds
    690 posts


    AlienXXX wrote:
    Everyone

    I am still having problems accessing Soundcloud.
    Cleared cache, etc... no good. So maybe it was just coincidence previously that it worked when I tried that (?)

    Using Opera I can actually get into Soundcloud - but I am unable to play any pieces! I have downloaded Carmsie's entry and I am playing it now.

    I do not know if the problem is just me. Can other people access it normally?
    Either way... unless it gets resolved I will stop using Soundcloud.

    Are you using it on the phone or on the computer? I'd say try using a different browser. Chrome/Firefox mostly never have problems with it (although I think you may have already tried it).
    Ctrl+F5 (same as clearing cache, but only for that particular page) helps, too.
    I am able to access it normally. The new soundcloud doesn't load normally on opera mini.

  • avatar
    235 sounds
    427 posts


    I've not had any problems with the switch. I'm using Chrome...

  • avatar
    269 sounds
    58 posts


    Hello all!
    Our entry is up!
    Listen as hard as you can.

    "Attention Please" by mojomills & Bliss

    Thanks!

  • avatar
    60 sounds
    690 posts


    mojomills wrote:
    Hello all!
    Our entry is up!
    Listen as hard as you can.

    "Attention Please" by mojomills & Bliss
    https://soundcloud.com/mojomills/attention-please

    Thanks!

    Fantastic collab!
    I'd just suggest removing the "s" from the https both here and your post in the actual collab dare thread just so it appears as a hyperlink.

  • avatar
    269 sounds
    58 posts


    afleetingspeck wrote:
    mojomills wrote:
    Hello all!
    Our entry is up!
    Listen as hard as you can.

    "Attention Please" by mojomills & Bliss
    https://soundcloud.com/mojomills/attention-please

    Thanks!

    Fantastic collab!
    I'd just suggest removing the "s" from the https both here and your post in the actual collab dare thread just so it appears as a hyperlink.

    Thanks speck!

    How strange, I didn't know what was wrong with the link until you pointed that out.
    I wonder what the 's' is for.
    Appreciate that very much!

    "Attention Please" by mojomills & Bliss

  • avatar
    167 sounds
    1462 posts


    mojomills wrote:

    Thanks speck!

    How strange, I didn't know what was wrong with the link until you pointed that out.
    I wonder what the 's' is for.
    Appreciate that very much!

    "Attention Please" by mojomills & Bliss

    The S stands for "secure"

    HTTPS is a secure version of the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. If this is displayed in the address bar instead of HTTP it means that the session has been encrypted.


    I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

    ╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
  • avatar
    1439 sounds
    1547 posts


    I have managed to get Soundcloud working again on Opera after updating Flash Player.
    Yet it refuses to work on Internet Explorer.
    I am still very annoyed about this, but at least now I can work with it.

    Mojomills / Bliss - thumbs up on your entry, guys!
    I am very curious to know which sounds you have used. Please do not forget to post those.

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    62 sounds
    50 posts


    AlienXXX wrote:
    I have managed to get Soundcloud working again on Opera after updating Flash Player.
    Yet it refuses to work on Internet Explorer.
    I am still very annoyed about this, but at least now I can work with it.

    Mojomills / Bliss - thumbs up on your entry, guys!
    I am very curious to know which sounds you have used. Please do not forget to post those.

    The intro part is posted. MojoMills will post his sample list soon. Thanks for the Thumbs up.

    'Attention Please' by mojomills & Bliss
    See sound in a different frequency and illuminate your vision.
  • avatar
    269 sounds
    58 posts


    My sample list is also up.
    Thanks AlienXXX!

    Your collab piece is wonderful.
    So full of texture and unexpected twists.
    Well done.

  • avatar
    62 sounds
    50 posts


    mojomills wrote:
    My sample list is also up.
    Thanks AlienXXX!

    Your collab piece is wonderful.
    So full of texture and unexpected twists.
    Well done.

    Finished listening to it as well, nice what is being made here!

    'Attention Please' by mojomills & Bliss
    See sound in a different frequency and illuminate your vision.
  • avatar
    1439 sounds
    1547 posts


    Bliss wrote:
    mojomills wrote:
    My sample list is also up.
    Thanks AlienXXX!

    Your collab piece is wonderful.
    So full of texture and unexpected twists.
    Well done.

    Finished listening to it as well, nice what is being made here!

    Hello Bliss and mojomills
    On behalf of myself and Snapper4298 - Thank you for your kind words. It was amazing and really fun to work on this piece.

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...