Forums

• previous
  • next
  •  |  31 posts

121 sounds
    1544 posts
    DARE2 : one-object-song!

So, here's the second dare:

take a single house-hold-object (can be anything, but let your immagination work and make it something fun), and sample it while you smash it, kick it, destroy it, set it on fire (please, no living organisms), microwave it, fry it, etc...

Upload the samples in one pack and label -among other tags- tag them as "dare2".

Then make a song with the samples smile Or, alternatively, make a song with someone elses samples if you don't have access to sampling gear!

Gentlemen, start your engines.

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    143 sounds
    26 posts

ok thinking about it.....

150 sounds
    68 posts

simondsouza
    ok thinking about it.....

finished yet? :wink:

143 sounds
    26 posts

finished yet?

lol

15 sounds
    55 posts

ohhhh ho-ho-ho-ho cantwaitcantwaitcantwait tongue

thanx Bram!

here we go!!

hey Simond, is that you playin' tenor in the picture?
    I used to play too!

143 sounds
    26 posts

it is me - from a while ago. But I still play, lots.

Why'd'ya stop?

Cheers

Simon

15 sounds
    55 posts

(sorry about being off-topic, people)

..well...
    you know... university...moved to new town... my band broke up... no one to play with... still missing it.

It would be very disappointing now sad almost five or six years without practising..

keep it up while you can!

150 sounds
    68 posts

well, looks like im first on this one.....

here's the sample pack

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=937

here's the ditty i rustled up with it....

http://ccmixter.org/people/harri_bionic/harri_bionic_-_bubble_wrap_squeaky_claptrap.mp3

not one of my best, but always good fun to do!

h

28 sounds
    287 posts

Those sounds are properly phat. And you tune is AMAZING. Legend.

"Sound is just experience without sight." Official Acclivity Fan Club - Founder and Member. Flac? Ogg? Aiff? Click Here For Help!
    15 sounds
    55 posts

wow, that was fast, harri!
    I love the "crying" feel of the whole tune. nice job. My favourite sample from the pack is "rumble" wich reminds me some kind of distant horse race...

I'm still thinking of the object I'm going to sample-destroy, and that is a question I'm not sure about. I mean is destruction a must? Bram said: "...smash it, kick it, destroy it, set it on fire (please, no living organisms), microwave it, fry it, etc... ". So destruction is a condition here, I guess.

121 sounds
    1544 posts

it's an optional condition.

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    143 sounds
    26 posts

harri - nice track - you can really hear that bubblewrap being 'squeezed' there's pain and suffering as well as an off kilter groove going on. I'll never be nasty to bubblewrap again. I'm going to setup a bubblewrap rescue operation. So if you hear of any cruelty to plastic bubbles let me know at www.bebettertobubbles.org

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head. Though I do have an obsolete printer that I could smash up - might make a suitable second instalment to the first double dare???/

Will be in touch

Cheers

Simon

150 sounds
    68 posts

simondsouza
    I'll never be nasty to bubblewrap again. I'm going to setup a bubblewrap rescue operation. So if you hear of any cruelty to plastic bubbles let me know at www.bebettertobubbles.org

Simon

You know....I never really looked at it like that.....I really tortured that poor piece of plastic. Maybe I can make amends by releasing the track as a single and donate all the dosh to the bebettertobubbles cause....(on the other hand....tours, parties, girls....hmmmmm)

thanks for the feedback folks, cmon....where's the other tracks? i'm getting lonely here. bram, get a time limit on this dare thing! :wink:

193 sounds
    7 posts

hi!
    ive uploaded a pack with some cable touching sounds.
    i dont know if its strictly an object,
    but i think they are nice for making a track...
    me myself im trying to do a little track.
    if anyone interested:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=943

198 sounds
    56 posts

Hello:

A dare is a dare. Here's the thing. http://www.soundlift.com/band/music.php?song_id=215054

The sounds from a balloon are here:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=950

The title is Swan's Lake because there are some bars of Tchaikowsky's composition.

Enjoy (if you can)

121 sounds
    1544 posts

hahahahaaaaaaaaaa, pitx, BRILLIANT smile

- bram

546 sounds
    351 posts

Pitx, that is fabulous.

I soooo want to be able to do this sort of thing ...

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    143 sounds
    26 posts

Damn that's funky pitx. Great job.

Still haven't had time to do something - maybe this weekend..

0 sounds
    1 post

bon jour....

i have some questions:

a) are effects allowed...?

b) pitching....?

-- kasten
    121 sounds
    1544 posts

sure, ... both seem okay smile

well, try to keep the fx to a minimum as it will hide the samples under layers of other things wink

- bram

• previous
  • next
  •  |  31 posts