Forums

10 posts

316 sounds
    118 posts
    Need help Contributing Files

Hi, I'm a newbie here and have successfully downloaded several usefull sounds thank you! But am having trouble finding out how to upload my own contributions. I have tryed downloading the FTP applet but just seem to end up with a load of confusing files on my PC. How do I make it work..?

527 sounds
    651 posts

Try this

http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5170&highlight=applet

and welcome to Freesound, not many Kiwis here !

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    316 sounds
    118 posts

Ah! Thanks for the reply and the welcome! I seem to have got the applet working on another pc. It didnt pop up on the other one like it is clearly intended to... Another small question related to uploading samples and the copyright issue - Is it permitted to add sounds made using Propellerhead's Reason software? I have sounds that I have programed and created entirely from scratch using Maelstrom and other synths, and others which are mashed up and altered Rex loops.

258 sounds
    355 posts

only add original material. Add Rex loops if you've tweaked them to the point they aren't the orignal anymore. Same follows for anything sample related. Honestly its best not to upload ANY sampled loop material not ALREADY free to the public

316 sounds
    118 posts

Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Mine are so mangled, edited and processed there's nothing much left of the original.

183 sounds
    30 posts

Hi everyone, freesound helps me find a great sounds for my projects. I recorded also a few samples, yesterday i tryed to upload one via FTP. I described the file, Everything was OK, but today i can not find this file, it seems like somebody removed it completelly. I know, that there are sound moderators, but now it is hard for me improve sounds without no response. E. G. i don't know, what was bad in my sample - description, wave format, duration or whatewer... I didn't receive any information about this file. Any idea, what to do now? Any link to forum post or explanation is welcomed. Thanks
    (edit):
    after posting i noticed that "Sounds added: 1" but why i can not see this sound under my data>uploaded files? I probably don't understand the postprocess after uploading and describing.

Check out my CC Licensed music
    1909 sounds
    1742 posts

ondrosik
    yesterday i tryed to upload one via FTP. I described the file, Everything was OK, but today i can not find this file,.

There is a delay of 24-48 hours for moderation on Freesound.org

183 sounds
    30 posts

Thanks for explanation, sorry for being inpatient.

Check out my CC Licensed music
    0 sounds
    1 post

Guys your discussion are really cool stuff..Thank you all : woot

www.wizardthemes.com
    0 sounds
    1 post

i dont know hoy to upload sounds of my libraries, regards.

10 posts