Forums

11 posts

0 sounds
    4 posts
    Need for sound of cracking ice!

Hi there,
    I am searching for sound(s) of cracking ice. It is pretty hard to find, even in commercial databases. Does anyone know a site / cd / something like this where I can find a recording (wav / aiff if possible)
    Thanks, greetings,
    Tomas

186 sounds
    319 posts

Hi Tomas,

Are you talking about the wonderfull spectrum of the cracking of natural ice? Like the stuff when it sounds like this wonderfull big soundscape? Or more big cracking.
    The later you could create yourelf by creativly filtering white noise (most water related sounds can be).

Cheers

5 sounds
    130 posts

mmhm, i must it go back for this sound on sample-cd till now...too bad, but i dispose about the corresponding equipment around any more there such takes to capture example realy...cu

tro

0 sounds
    4 posts

The first, strange, tonal sounds is what I mean. Echoes, like you hear them when you're skating on big ice-surfaces, or the sound they sometimes record underneath the ice surface.

0 sounds
    4 posts

By the way,

HKU - KMT Sounddesign student, Anton?

greetz,

Tomas

186 sounds
    319 posts

Tomas Postema
    The first, strange, tonal sounds is what I mean. Echoes, like you hear them when you're skating on big ice-surfaces, or the sound they sometimes record underneath the ice surface.

I though those would be the ones you meant, very distinct sound, esp. for us dutch folks smile (How i missed skating a nice lake this winter)

By the way,

HKU - KMT Sounddesign student, Anton?

Yup smile 1st year...

121 sounds
    1543 posts

the sound of gletschers! ooooooh, that's a really f'ing cool sound.

Anton: I can see contact microphones + frozen lakes in your future.

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    186 sounds
    319 posts

Oh man,

THe Future Rulz0rs smile

0 sounds
    4 posts

He Anton, forgot to tell you I just (sept. 2004) graduated @ KMT as MA CIC. Enjoy the 4 years in Hilversum!

117 sounds
    38 posts

Hi Tomas,

Nice to see more (ex-)HKU-ers here.
    I'm also starting with the MA CIC next year.
    What kind of project(s) did you do?

Greetz Jorn

...All your sound are belong to us... www.twistedlemon.nl
    253 sounds
    86 posts

Tomas Postema
    Hi there,
    I am searching for sound(s) of cracking ice. It is pretty hard to find, even in commercial databases. Does anyone know a site / cd / something like this where I can find a recording (wav / aiff if possible)
    Thanks, greetings,
    Tomas

i have some sound of breaking ice at a river here in wisconsin (usa), but it is not like the big sound of large masses creaking / crunching. it is like breaking off 1 meter chunks and throwinf them back on the river ice. i'll upload it anyway when i get the chance. i have been quite busy with non-freesound stuff the last few weeks smile

Nic Stage - Field recorder organism

11 posts