Forums

8 posts

1 sound
    3 posts
    Account deletion

Hi there.
    First, let me say: Freesound is absolutely fantabulously amazing, and I love it.
    But...
    I want to delete my account and all of my audio contributions.
    I'm then going to start over with a new username, new uploads, and I'm going to upload sounds more often.
    Why? I'm using new audio equipment (No more tape recorder... at least for Freesound!) and I want to make a fresh start here.
    Only catch: I can't figure out how to delete my account.
    Could somebody either help me along with the process, or delete my account for me?
    Or, at least tell me if this is possible?

1885 sounds
    1714 posts

LawrenceOnCassette
    Hi there.
    First, let me say: Freesound is absolutely fantabulously amazing, and I love it.
    But...
    I want to delete my account and all of my audio contributions.
    I'm then going to start over with a new username, new uploads, and I'm going to upload sounds more often.
    Why? I'm using new audio equipment (No more tape recorder... at least for Freesound!) and I want to make a fresh start here.
    Only catch: I can't figure out how to delete my account.
    Could somebody either help me along with the process, or delete my account for me?
    Or, at least tell me if this is possible?

If you really must remove your submissions ask a Freesound moderator, they have the power to delete files, (humble users like us can't delete).

If you manage to have your contributions to Freesound deleted this link wonÂ’t work,

(and my remixes of your sounds will still exist on Freesound).

Some people have found your contributions useful: they have downloaded them, so why delete them.

My suggestion would be to just open a new Freesound account under a new name , (you are not limited to one account).

134 sounds
    347 posts

I would not remove your old things on your place.

I remember when I began to create my recordings - first attempts were "just" sonic experiments. But I still have them. After I began to work more professoionally - I had similar dillema what to do with the old stuff. Solution came spontaneously. In order to distinguish new from old - I gave the category names. "Wave 1: Searching" (described as rather amateur recordings) to old stuff, and "Wave 2: Discoveries" (described as professional recordings) to new pieces. To my surprise - there a lot of people who love the recordings from Wave 1 (while I believed it will go forgotten). Your past - is what co-created "you" - today.

Or do what Timbre said - create new account, and if you wish - associate it descriptively with your old account.

p.s.: but you have only 2 recordings on your account (-; so the future is right before you. Paradoxically - your Rainfall with the tape bacground - could serve as a nice "drone base" for some people.

http://planetaziemia.net - independent research on sound and consciousness
    http://conscious-sound.bandcamp.com - best sounds for extraordinary inner experiences
    1 sound
    3 posts

ayamahambho
    I would not remove your old things on your place.

I remember when I began to create my recordings - first attempts were "just" sonic experiments. But I still have them. After I began to work more professoionally - I had similar dillema what to do with the old stuff. Solution came spontaneously. In order to distinguish new from old - I gave the category names. "Wave 1: Searching" (described as rather amateur recordings) to old stuff, and "Wave 2: Discoveries" (described as professional recordings) to new pieces. To my surprise - there a lot of people who love the recordings from Wave 1 (while I believed it will go forgotten). Your past - is what co-created "you" - today.

Or do what Timbre said - create new account, and if you wish - associate it descriptively with your old account.

p.s.: but you have only 2 recordings on your account (-; so the future is right before you. Paradoxically - your Rainfall with the tape bacground - could serve as a nice "drone base" for some people.

Hmmm... I think I'll try a combination of your suggestions.

I'm going to open a new account, with a new username, then re-upload my old recordings in a special category. Thanks for the help!

1 sound
    2 posts

This is my new account. Shiny new start, eh?

-randownthestars
    10 sounds
    95 posts

Just realized that you changed your username. Anyway, I still like your rain recording as you might guess happy
    So I'm looking forward to hear more stuff from you.

1 sound
    2 posts

toiletrolltube
    Somehow I missed this post, pity! Tape sounds are really good for processing. I've actually been going through some of my own recently, turning them into short percussion style loops. At least your old account is still here, you could use it for cassette only. Anyway, welcome back.

Didn't think of that! Also, what does one say to 'welcome back?' Well, thanks, I suppose! So... thanks!

m_O_m
    Just realized that you changed your username. Anyway, I still like your rain recording as you might guess happy
    So I'm looking forward to hear more stuff from you.

Cool!

-randownthestars
    134 sounds
    347 posts

(-;

http://planetaziemia.net - independent research on sound and consciousness
    http://conscious-sound.bandcamp.com - best sounds for extraordinary inner experiences

8 posts