Forums

4 posts

182 sounds
    2 posts
    how do i upload a new remix of an old download?

hi,

a few days ago i uploaded some remixes from a sample. now i want to upload 2 more remixes from the same sample, but the problem is, i can´t choose the original file anymore on the management page (step 2) because i downloaded some other samples and there are only the last 20 downloaded files displayed.

when i download the original file again, this doesn´t bring it back to the list either. so how or where can i mark my 2 new uploads as a remix?

would be nice if someone could help me

1921 sounds
    1753 posts

You could write something in the description e.g. "this is a remix of freesound #1234567".

or add a comment with a link to the original e.g. "this is a remix, the original is here ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=1234567"

[the number of a freesound is at the end of the URL when the sample page is displayed]

182 sounds
    2 posts

hmm okay..i think it would be a great feature if there were not only this "20 last downloads", because remixing is very cool thing..i mean, why can´t we lable ANY file in here as a remix every time? of course i add a link in the description, too, but it would be nice if the file was marked as a remix with a "official" direct link to the original.

thanks for your reply

121 sounds
    1545 posts

freesound 2 will allow you to SEARCH for the original file.
    actually, it will also allow you to say a file is a remix of multiple files smile

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.

4 posts