Forums

7 posts

1128 sounds
    12 posts
    advanced searches with URLs?

hello,
    i know that i can do a simple tag search with a URL like

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchTextXML.php?search=car

how does one do an advanced search, say, with restrictions on the duration of the sound with a url?

thank you,
    a

121 sounds
    1543 posts

searchText.php?search=car&start=15&durationMin=5&durationMax=10&bitrate=64&bitdepth=4&samplerate=32000

the question is: why would you want to use the URL? smile

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    1128 sounds
    12 posts

there's your question, whose answer is my browser's broken so i have to use freesound from within Max/MSP grin

but another question is, i'm after the URLs that return XML files; am i correct in assuming that i add "XML" after the "searchText" and i'll get an xml? as in:

searchTextXML.php?search=car&start=15&durationMin=5&durationMax=10&bitrate=64&bitdepth=4&samplerate=32000

that'd be sweet.

a

121 sounds
    1543 posts

yup

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    121 sounds
    1543 posts

by the way, why not just download firefox?

the XML trick also works for findSimilar and viewSampleSingle

- Bram

1128 sounds
    12 posts

does the new version of firefox allow you to do real-time data-flow programming a la max/msp/pd?

speaking of URL style requests, for the benefit of the forum,
    would it be possible to implement GET requests in addition to the the current POST requests to the freesound server?

121 sounds
    1543 posts

the search does both GET and POST.

by the way, why don't u just use mootcher?
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/mootcher.php

- Bram

7 posts