Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

1) What do you use Freesound for? (what are your specific interests? what do you do with Freesound samples? ...)
    MY LEGO VIDEOS http://www.youtube.com/user/1bluisin

2) Do you perceive some shared goals in Freesounds user community? If so, which ones? (is there a sense of community? and of long-term goals to be achieved? ...) ITS JUST LIKE YOUTUBE BUT NICER
    FREE DOWNLOADABLE SOUNDS, UPLOAD YOUR OWN SOUNDS AND EASY TO USE.

3) What kinds of sounds are you most interested in? (do you upload and/or download specific types of sounds? which ones? ...) THE ONES FOR ACTIONS MOVIES

4) What makes Freesound different from other sound sharing sites? (you can compare with sites like Soundcloud, Looperman, CCMixter or others) ITS FREE!!!!

0 sounds
    1 post

1) What do you use Freesound for? (what are your specific interests? what do you do with Freesound samples? ...)
    It is very helpful for any kind of work I do. Alternative radio pieces, low budget short films, independent theatre fx, educational workshops...

2) Do you perceive some shared goals in Freesounds user community? If so, which ones? (is there a sense of community? and of long-term goals to be achieved? ...)
    Not at all, except the archive itself, wich is a lot!! In fact, I think that's one of the best features of freesound.

3) What kinds of sounds are you most interested in? (do you upload and/or download specific types of sounds? which ones? ...)
    Any kind of sounds.

4) What makes Freesound different from other sound sharing sites? (you can compare with sites like Soundcloud, Looperman, CCMixter or others)
    I feel there is an effort to become an active archive, in the sense that the feeling I have as a user, is inviting me constantly to reuse this sounds, and not to just consume them. It seems to me more focused on the archive than into the individual files, wich erases automatically any individual driven project in favor of the collective side of the project. And that's really great. If one the main ideas behind web 2.0 was to create and share free tools for users to somehow "provoke" creativity, you really did it. Thanks for that.

0 sounds
    1 post

1) What do you use Freesound for? (what are your specific interests? what do you do with Freesound samples? ...) Electronic mp3 projects w/ my Arduino. Random musical composition mixes using
    my voice morphed and riffs and various sounds from here.

2) Do you perceive some shared goals in Freesounds user community? If so, which ones? (is there a sense of community? and of long-term goals to be achieved? ...) One of the things i've
    noticed is that there are sound geeks that produce some amazing work.
    (I commend you! Thanks for exploring our world and sharing it with the community)

3) What kinds of sounds are you most interested in? (do you upload and/or download specific types of sounds? which ones? ...) most interested in unique sounds (ones that you wouldn't expect and digitally manipulated sounds,. Also LOVE the machine sounds...
    sounds

4) What makes Freesound different from other sound sharing sites? (you can compare with sites like Soundcloud, Looperman, CCMixter or others) i find more quality sounds here...but the format in
    which they are presented is much better ...you search...pick out your selection quickly and
    download to play with them....and, of course, it allows me to be creative living on a tight budget!!! I really appreciate this website and recommend it to all my other creative friends!

1 sound
    1 post

1) What do you use Freesound for? (what are your specific interests? what do you do with Freesound samples? ...) I like to use free sound for easy to find creative commons music and sounds for videos I make for school and Youtube.

2) Do you perceive some shared goals in Freesounds user community? If so, which ones? (is there a sense of community? and of long-term goals to be achieved? ...)

I feel that there is a sense of community, but I don't think it's personal enough to know if there are any shared goals. Honestly, I'd like to keep it that way.

3) What kinds of sounds are you most interested in? (do you upload and/or download specific types of sounds? which ones? ...)

Anything that's decent quality I'll download for either current projects, or in hopes of using it sometime in the future. Mostly short sounds effects or long ambiances though.

4) What makes Freesound different from other sound sharing sites? (you can compare with sites like Soundcloud, Looperman, CCMixter or others)

I like how you can rate and comment on sounds which gives it a slight social networking feel because you can have ongoing communication if you wish. Also, it's easy to download the files and compliment the creator. One things that I would REALLY LOVE to see would be a download link directly on the list of search matches. If there is one I don't know where it is, but it would be really handy. Thanks for a great website guys! grin

35 sounds
    1 post

It is a good basis to search for specific sounds and also a great inspiration for material to experiment with.
    Looping sounds and processing them further is great fun.

I would say that all people here use the auditory parts of their brains more than others wink

Don't have any specific preferences. Artificially created sounds or environmental sounds can be fascinating. I personally would like to hear the sound of a gigantic ship propeller stroke with different mallets -full decay of course -.

There is a huge variety of sounds and digging in the depths can be fun. It's free and mostly of very good quality.

1 sound
    1 post

*** For adding SFX to my videos, animations,...

*** The collaborative spirit, ...

*** SFX

*** It's free, it's well organized, you find almost any sound,...

8 sounds
    1 post
    <