Forums

11 posts

121 sounds
    1545 posts
    Design Nightingale Logo, part 2

http://www.freesound.org/files/design2/

please vote!

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    2 sounds
    62 posts

I think the designers should keep designing a bit longer. Seems to me the logo design is on a good path with #1/2/3 but it's not there yet. The typeface is very cool & very simple, but it's missing the mark somehow, the element that illustrates freesound needs development.

Honestly, I prefer the current freesound logo to these. I do appreciate the designers' work though, and thanks for asking our opinions. Your approach is great.

2 sounds
    62 posts

Why not just take freesound #2 and stick the squiggly waveform centered above it? In grey probably.

103 sounds
    195 posts

thanos
    I think the designers should keep designing a bit longer. Seems to me the logo design is on a good path with #1/2/3 but it's not there yet. The typeface is very cool & very simple, but it's missing the mark somehow, the element that illustrates freesound needs development.

Honestly, I prefer the current freesound logo to these. I do appreciate the designers' work though, and thanks for asking our opinions. Your approach is great.

I voted #1 (with a thinner waveline) - but I totally agree with thanos

1357 sounds
    123 posts

Number 1 again - because it is more bold and striking. The stylised waveform is much more relevant than the waves breaking out in 3 since the waveform corresponds to those seen alongside every freesound file.

190 sounds
    179 posts

thanos
    I think the designers should keep designing a bit longer. Seems to me the logo design is on a good path with #1/2/3 but it's not there yet.

I agree

Jaume Ferrete www.jaumeferrete.net
    251 sounds
    94 posts

I'm glad to see that 1 is leading the way, its the best for a logo. Scalable, recognisable, and it looks pretty damn cool. Nice one

www.hungryjoe.tv
    0 sounds
    2 posts

I think we all appreciate the work of the designers. However, the waveform on the current logo (due to the use of monochromatic light to very dark gray, and the bending of the waves' crests) has elements that suggest - not static - but an active, vibrating frequency - which unmistakably suggests the energy of sound. My question is, could the designers incorporate the current logo's waveform into the new designs? As in - the current waveform segueing onto the "freesound" text, even keeping the new color elements if you wish. Just an opinion. Thanks.

0 sounds
    2 posts

sorry for not RTFM (or in this case the whole of the last topic) but my favourite is still the old thread's version 1, by a significant amount.

0 sounds
    1 post

I go for logo 1, it refeeshes the old one but keeping it's spirit.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

latest design: http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3705

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.

11 posts