Forums

5 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Ardour Freesound support ??

I have compiled Ardour with Freesound support on Linux.But it doesnt seem to work.From reading the console as I login it seems to accept my login but search of samples shows nothing.Is this a work in progress or should it work??Thanks

0 sounds
    1 post

same with my efforts to use that Ardour file Import option: it aint working.

19 sounds
    34 posts

Hello everyone,

Freesound support in Ardour is not being developed by ourselves. Ardour is using our API for retrieving Freesound content. For that reason we can not answer the question. You should probably contact the Ardour developers team!

frederic
    the freesound team
    203 sounds
    409 posts

Hello there,

AV Linux 6 comes with both Ardour 2 and Ardour 3 beta 5, so I've just fired it up to test the search.

The latter has a functioning Freesound search pointing to the current database (searching for zx shows my recent hello world by ZX80 for instance).

The former shows less results searching for zx, and they are actually downloadable, but clearly those results are either not up to date or incomplete for some reason. I'd say Ardour 3 is the way to go, it's close to official release and the latest betas have been very stable anyway.

429 sounds
    343 posts

copyc4t wrote:
    Hello there,

AV Linux 6 comes with both Ardour 2 and Ardour 3 beta 5, so I've just fired it up to test the search.

The latter has a functioning Freesound search pointing to the current database (searching for zx shows my recent hello world by ZX80 for instance).

The former shows less results searching for zx, and they are actually downloadable, but clearly those results are either not up to date or incomplete for some reason. I'd say Ardour 3 is the way to go, it's close to official release and the latest betas have been very stable anyway.

Actually the 3.0 was released yesterday smile

http://ardour.org/whatsnew.html

5 posts