• previous
  • next
  •  |  26 posts

121 sounds
    1545 posts
    A new preview player?

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/flash/test/

prerequisites:
    * Mozilla/Firefox, or Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (if you have IE5.x, please make me a screenshot)
    * macromedia flash 8

Try to click on the waveforms for enhanced fun.

Please send me some feedback.

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    3066 sounds
    479 posts

had to install the flash player, but it works like a charm on Firefox 1.5 (passing through Privoxy)

150 sounds
    68 posts

smile I like this. Will there be an option to have any users chosen samples on a page? thus creating the online instrument? So we could trigger a drumloop from user A, FX from user B, bassline - user G etc.

Only one slight niggle is a click when moving the cursor to another part of the sample (sorry!) This could well be just me or an issue with the flash player which I just upgraded.

Niggle aside, I think this is a great and innovative move and should have a prominent place on freesound as "The Freesound Instrument" or something of that ilk.

Congrats sir.

h

121 sounds
    1545 posts

hey

the glitch when you move is flash's fault... can't do anything about that sad

obviously the idea would be to add a search to this so you can add ANY sound to it wink

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    517 sounds
    61 posts

i don't have any sound with safari / IE on OSX 10.3.9

installed newest FLASH 8

0 sounds
    3 posts

Works Fine For Me On Firefox 1.5, Looks Nice Too

85 sounds
    73 posts

wow this is realy great! I allways wanted the function to scroll through the sounds! happy

121 sounds
    1545 posts

uploaded a newer version with some changes. mostly internal, but this one will show the wave(s) being loaded on slow(er) connections. it should also consume slightly less CPU.

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

schluppipuppie
    i don't have any sound with safari / IE on OSX 10.3.9. Installed newest FLASH 8

schluppipuppie, it should work in Safari 1.3 ... Have a look at the version of yours.

- bram

517 sounds
    61 posts

but i have version 1.3.1 (v312.3.3)

121 sounds
    1545 posts

can you have a look at this page?

http://www.macromedia.com/swf/software/flash/about/flashAbout_info_small.swf

- bram

517 sounds
    61 posts

it says:

You have version 7,0,24,0 installed

but why?

517 sounds
    61 posts

now it says:

You have version 8,0,22,0 installed

but no sound sad

i can activate the PLAY-button, also the CYCLE-button, but no sound i can hear...

91 sounds
    30 posts

working nicely with firefox 1. neat.

5 sounds
    130 posts

cool, opera works too wink ...nice works...but the "old" player it's okay grin ...cya

tro

121 sounds
    1545 posts

schluppipuppie
    now it says:
    You have version 8,0,22,0 installed
    but no sound sad
    i can activate the PLAY-button, also the CYCLE-button, but no sound i can hear...

I heard back from a guy at work:
    "with flash 8.0 and safari 2.0 the flash experiment works fine."

Could you give it a shot, schluppipuppie?

- bram

517 sounds
    61 posts

but safari 2.0 is only a part of the 10.4-OS and not separately downloadable, isn't ist?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

schluppipuppie
    but safari 2.0 is only a part of the 10.4-OS and not separately downloadable, isn't ist?

I think that might be the case, yes...
    Stupid apple. :?

- bram

4677 sounds
    376 posts

FYI- It looks nice but I cannot hear anything either... at work or at home.... using latest versions of internet explorer. Happy Holidays!!!

121 sounds
    1545 posts

did you install flash 8 ?

- bram

• previous
  • next
  •  |  26 posts