Forums

8 posts

169 sounds
    30 posts
    How to delete a sample??

Hi guys!

I was just wondering if there is any way I can delete a sample I uploaded..

Thank you so much in advance!
    Matt :wink:

433 sounds
    197 posts

At the moment a user cannot delete their own samples on their own. The only way to do it would be to contact a moderator/admin and have them do it but you will need a legitimate reason to do so.
    Deleting samples is discouraged because it ends up creating "dead links" (at least that's what I was told a few years back). I'm pretty sure that's why a delete feature hasn't been implemented.

"Music is well said to be the speech of angels." Thomas Carlyle
    25 sounds
    5 posts

I have the same problem.I have uploaded some loops but i accidently uploaded them twice.This was a couple of years ago.Now after listening to my samples again i would like to start over.Is there really no way to delete my uploads?

71 sounds
    3 posts

This would be a really useful feature when you realise you have sent an upload and the sample has a glitch which you need to edit out. So far I have just had to upload the same sample in its edited form but it gets messy and confusing if there are two versions of the same sound. There really needs to be an option for a registered user to take down an upload if necessary.

1134 sounds
    284 posts

At the moment a user cannot delete their own samples on their own. The only way to do it would be to contact a moderator/admin and have them do it but you will need a legitimate reason to do so.
    Deleting samples is discouraged because it ends up creating "dead links" (at least that's what I was told a few years back). I'm pretty sure that's why a delete feature hasn't been implemented.

That's all 100% correct! Just ask the mods if you want to delete it. An option to do it yourself is considered for FS2.

Life is probably good
    71 sounds
    3 posts

Could someone indicate who the right moderator to contact would be regarding removal of a file ?

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Bram or me or Alienxxx or Halleck

Life is probably good
    71 sounds
    3 posts

Thanks LG just PM'd you about this.

8 posts