Forums

18 posts

121 sounds
    1544 posts
    c'mon people we're losing our next target!!

c'mon people,

we're gonna lose against that little counter bar on the front page!

i know freesound isn't a race, but to keep me happy you should try to help us along!

who has a large batch of samples to add? smile

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    37 sounds
    65 posts

I could record evey note of a synth and toss it up :wink:

Sonic Sound Designer :: Bioware :: Pandemic
    546 sounds
    351 posts

I'm trying, I'm trying ...

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    0 sounds
    1 post

Good web site work keep up the good work i like it

150 sounds
    68 posts

pjgroup
    Good web site work keep up the good work i like it

look forward to your contributions...

what does insurance sound like anyway?

h

546 sounds
    351 posts

Sounds like an arm and a leg to me. :?

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    128 sounds
    23 posts

I've been doing some mad stuff recently (that makes a change eh), so I've got some 'Farm' sounds, some mad Radio Squeaks, Speak & Spell Samples, Synthi Rhythm Loops, and a whole bunch of other mad machine type noises which I'll put up at the weekend.

Free Samples, Loops, Patches, VSTi's, Synth Manuals & Studio Resources @ www.blackstrobe.co.uk
    121 sounds
    1544 posts

great!

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    13 sounds
    1 post

i have been very bad in the past, downloaded lots, uploaded none wootops:

have just uploaded 13 in an attempt to rectify the situation cool i will add some more when i have a bit of a chance to sort them out.

this is an excellent resource, thanks everyone involved.

cheers,

steve.

121 sounds
    1544 posts

slowly we're catching up a little again. if we keep going at this rate, maybe we'll pass the downloads again in a bit smile

- bram

198 sounds
    56 posts

Yesterday (feb-28-2006) at 18:00 (GMT+01) these were the data in the side panel:

14904 uploaded files (by 461 users) and 1826719 downloads.

Today (mar-01-06) at 12:45 (GMT+01):

14937 uploaded files and 1836957 downloads.

In 12 hours and 45 minutes there has been only 33 ups and 10238 downs.
    If in 1125 minutes are 10238 downloads then the 14937 files hosted are downloaded (in statistical terms) each 1641 minutes (less than 28 hours). Of course, these operations aren't a scientific study but the results are surprising. weirdhock:

198 sounds
    56 posts

Pardon, I wrote In 12 hours and 45 minutes but it must be In 18 hours and 45 minutes

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Another reason for not reaching our target is the sample packs. See, if someone likes one or two samples from, say, a series of 25 drumloops, this person may choose to dowload the whole pack of drumloops out of of pure convenience. So, putting samples in a pack increases the number of downloaded samples. Instead of one or two downloads, 25 samples are downloaded instantly.
    And I've noticed that the number of people actually uploading is quite small if compared to the total of registered users, many of which only download samples, without uploading. Uploaders really can't keep up with that :roll:

Life is probably good
    150 sounds
    68 posts

and that brings us back to the "numbers for numbers sake" argument..... :?

h

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Well, let's stick with what Bram said: it is not supposed to be a competition anyway. Having this great site and contributing to it is enough, right? cool

Life is probably good
    150 sounds
    68 posts

we've been here before..... no comment :roll:

121 sounds
    1544 posts

I've removed the target as it's quite unrealistic by now smile
    And I've noticed it doesn't really help anyway! wink

- bram

150 sounds
    68 posts

only very slightly ironic as the competition should see an influx of new uploads! albeit elementesque!

nice move grin

18 posts