Forums

70 sounds
    134 posts

strangely_gnarled
    Sounds like it might be a problem at your ISP. Perhaps their customer support can help.
    Have you tried temporarily setting a different DNS? (Dynamic Name Server)?

I use Firefox on micro$oft Vista with Demon Internet and the occasional similar problems I've had (but not with freesound) have always been at Demons end, usually when they have issues with their DNS, or something reported as the "Authentication Server" whatever that is.

Thank you, that's a good idea. I checked, and apparently my ISP only has one domain name server. So I looked up freesound's IP address and pasted that into my browser, and it resolved to the domain name just fine by itself. However, I still got the exact same "400 Bad Request" page. If I get the same result using both the IP address and the domain name, I'm thinking that this issue is something other than a domain name resolution issue.

The problem certainly could be my ISP, I agree. However, in my experience trying to get them to say anything other than "This is nothing to do with us" is such an enormous hassle that I'd like to try everything I can before I embark on that long, frustrating journey.

Thank you for the suggestion. smile

In case anybody's wondering, I'm still getting the "400 Bad Request" page after nearly a day now. Stay tuned for the next exciting installment! tongue

ps: I love your nickname, strangely_gnarled. smile

13 sounds
    353 posts

Sounds like it might be a problem at your ISP. Perhaps their customer support can help.
    Have you tried temporarily setting a different DNS? (Dynamic Name Server)?

I use Firefox on micro$oft Vista with Demon Internet and the occasional similar problems I've had (but not with freesound) have always been at Demons end, usually when they have issues with their DNS, or something reported as the "Authentication Server" whatever that is.

0 sounds
    5 posts

Thanks a lot...
    Exactly what I was looking for.... grin

368 sounds
    257 posts

This might be useful...

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=64647

368 sounds
    257 posts

Is anyone familiar with this search engine?It seems to be a good idea.....

http://www.ecosia.org/how.php

0 sounds
    5 posts

Hi.
    I'm looking for a sample with distant sound of battle.
    Artillery, and machineguns bursts, and the crackle of rifle fire.
    Anyone able to help?
    Thanks in advance...
    Cheers

0 sounds
    1 post

grin Very well done. The title really is appropriate. It brought my mind to a better place. Thanks

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi!

I'm looking for a bundle of tv/radio (bad) news like in Dream Theater's Sacrificed Sons.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello,
    can someone please help me create a deep voice sample saying "unauthorized entry detected" and another one saying "scanning and recording all channels"
    I would like to use it to scare my boss when he joins my conference calls smile

Thanks in advance

70 sounds
    134 posts

Hello all,

I've been having an intermittent problem accessing the freesound website. I'm using Safari 4.0.4 on Mac OS 10.5.8

I haven't been able to isolate the problem or reproduce it deliberately. I've observed it recurring intermittently over the last few months. This issue has only ever arisen for me on this website and no other. As it has recurred several times now, I thought I'd mention it here. This is what happens:

Sometimes when I'm logged in, and I click on any freesound link or try to refresh any freesound page, I get a mostly blank page with

400 Bad Request

nginx/0.5.33

Here's a screenshot from a few moments ago when I tried to access the freesound home page:

http://spleencast.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/400-bad-request.png

But then I try to access the freesound website through a proxy, and I can access the site just fine. On this occasion I had to access the site and log in through a proxy in order to post this message. I still get the "400 Bad Request" message when I try it in the usual way without a proxy, but as you see, when I use a proxy, I can browse and post to the site just fine.

Is my IP being blocked or something? Do you think I've got an error with my browser or network settings? I could really use some help with this! Thank you. smile

15 sounds
    9 posts

Oh, I will definitely post them. I didn't use all freesound sound effects. I used some from sound effects such as the Designer sound effects, Dynamic range, Extreme impact, and Sony sound effects libraries.

BTW

Challenger Tanks at Bovington Training Ground.wav - Microscopia smile

15 sounds
    9 posts

I redesigned all the sound for this trailer except for the music, which is RJD2 - Smoke and Mirrors. Any feedback/criticism is much appreciated! Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAgOrgNwl14

Challenger Tanks at Bovington Training Ground - Microscopia
    sim firetruck- THE_bizniss
    firetruck- guitarguy1985
    m240 - Matt_G
    grenade - ljudman
    20070210.helicopter.01 - dobroide
    civildefense - guitarguy1985
    WW2AirplaneFlyover - daveincamas
    jetbike flypast - tigersound
    growl1 - ubecareful
    Crash & Glass - rock savage
    bullet ricochet - aust_paul
    heavy.burst - alienbomb
    k47_ chamber_round - NoiseCollector
    rifle-cock_fire - cosmicconfusion
    basscapes_Ultralowend - suonho
    SUB A# 2 secs - uzerx
    glass_house2 - themfish
    avalanche - mystiscool
    grenade - miregrobar
    grenade (1) - miregrobar
    crash - sagetyrtle
    Explosion 6 - jobro
    nikonf4 - Heigh-hoo
    01012 motorbike starting out - Robinhood76
    copterWHISTLE - bgygi
    Explosion - steveygos93
    Ropeswoosh 3 - Benboncan
    broken_bottle_01 - cdrk
    Alarm001 - HardPCM
    CinematicBoomNorm - HerbertBoland
    Epic whoosh - EcoDTR
    RemingtonGunshot - fastson
    Ultra Subs 044 - striptheband
    sharpen_01 - Corsica_S
    Underwater02 - LG
    jillys sonar - NoiseCollector
    Rockfall in mine - Benboncan
    big_explosion - smcameron
    blow - Heigh-hoo
    Woosh Compressed - Benboncan

There are more samples that I used that will be posted soon!

258 sounds
    355 posts

its ight.

1 sound
    6 posts

Anyone have sound clips from Harley's Holiday and Harleyquinade?

I'm trying to make my own desktop theme!

46 sounds
    47 posts

ha! i learned something on this one. steam punk ... a new one on this old geezer. guess i should get out of my comfort zone more often. I enjoyed listening and learning! you did a good job on steam-tock.

163 sounds
    71 posts

Hi there,

I'm after specific audience reactions from a variety of people, male and female, any sort of voice. I'll be layering them together for a very silly audioskit.

START
    ---
    AUDIENCE MEMBERS
    HE-LEN SHINE! HE-LEN SHINE! HE-LEN SHINE! HE-LEN SHINE! [trailing off on the last one] HE-LEN SHINE!

HOST
    [loudly, over the audience excitement] Please settle down, settle down.

PIANO MAN
    [to Host] Um, Helen's not coming. Sorry, man.

AUDIENCE MEMBERS
    [ad-lib upset, disappointment]

HOST
    Not *coming*?

PIANO MAN
    Yeah. Her agent says she's in Norway reading from "Virtuoso Of The Chartreuse Justification".

HOST [CONT.]
    Okay. Well. Apparently we had a bit of a scheduling mix-up. [clears throat] Anyway. That's it for tonight -

AUDIENCE MEMBERS
    [ad-lib angry shouts]

ANDREW
    I want my money back!

AUDIENCE MEMBERS
    [ad-lib agreement with Andrew]

HOST
    [quickly] Um, wait - wait - listen, I can offer you an audio recording of Helen's third appearance on this stage. Okay? Okay? Will that make you guys happy?

AUDIENCE MEMBERS
    [ad-lib agreement with this plan, settle down]

[the audio recording of Helen's third appearance is amazing]

AUDIENCE MEMBERS
    [ad-lib excitement over Helen's amazing performance]
    ---
    END

I'm hoping for lots of participants. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

0 sounds
    2 posts

Looking for a sexy female voice to provide the following clips

3 second clip saying "hawgies dot com"

and a short playful but sexy clip of "vroom!"

thanks very much in advance! grin

0 sounds
    1 post

And I want to know if its possible to download these samples and use them in LSDJ?
    If so, how do i go about using them in the LSDJ?

Thanks guys!

0 sounds
    16 posts

Nicely done!

70 sounds
    134 posts

I thought your song was really good! I'm working on creating something myself (not a song exactly, but a track with some music in it), and your song has given me some really useful ideas. I liked the way you structured it, I thought the beginning, middle and end were nicely done, and the transitions were clean and well considered.

Nice work. smile