Forums

76 sounds
    32 posts

Username attribution would great in your app as well! grin

0 sounds
    9 posts

Question:i have a weak on-board sound card (realtek HD) and there's no way that i can record my guitar or vocals.I tried the last version of ASIO4All and no dice.But a couple of windows XP installations before i managed to record my guitar somehow.I think that at that point i used ASIO driver that comes with FL8...But when i tried that now...nothing.It records the guitar (or growling) for 3-4 seconds and than the sound just fades and weakens.I know that i need a better sound card,but no money...For now.Any suggestions?I recorded a palm mute hit and imported it as an audio clip and use the piano role to play the guitar parts (in FLcool,but that's to much work and not quite what i want.Any ideas?PS:i use exterior distortion (DOD Corrosion)

Thanks in advance good people.

5 sounds
    1 post

Hi, I am looking for guiro, guira, reko-reko-guachacara sounds or small loops... thanxs in advance
    Marlene

70 sounds
    134 posts

coneybeare
    Thanks a bunch for this — it really helped.

I'm delighted, thank you. smile

6 sounds
    4 posts

Thanks a bunch for this — it really helped.

527 sounds
    651 posts

where can i find a sample of the howie?

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/0/7/7078f7a848b89ca34fe46d1fcc690b84.wav

70 sounds
    134 posts

Thank you all for your helpful advice. After some experimentation, I've sorted out my current issues with handling noise, and in response to another poster did up a bit of a tutorial focusing on portable digital audio recorders and handling noise.

At the bottom of it I've got an audio example of my (I think successful) footsteps test using my new best friend - soft polyurethane-rubber upholstery foam.

I also found that the shockmount approach was impractical for a moving rectangular portable digital recorder in multiple positions, and the foam underlay and grip approach worked much, much better.

I really appreciate all your input which is helping me to get better and better audio. You rock! smile

70 sounds
    134 posts

coneybeare
    I did some research on field recorders and purchased a R-09HR!

Being blunt, I don't know how to do proper field recordings. I read the manual and played with it, and can get sounds recorded, but I am looking for tips as to the best way to minimize unwanted noise, hums, contact noises. What is the best way to position the recorder for recording different types of things? What should the record settings on the Edirol be? Is an external microphone necessary? I am just looking for any advice anybody can give here.

I've done up an audio field recording tutorial for beginners. I hope that helps. I know handling noise can be such a bitch!

Good luck. smile

0 sounds
    8 posts

I'm using Google Chrome browser, and currently it takes 20 or 30 clicks before it will play the cue.
    Same again when hitting stop.
    This should be addressed, as more and more internet users are shifting to Google Chrome.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Same thing here. Using CoreFTP I uploaded a small wav file.
    Transfer seemed to be successful but I am no techie so don't know if I just missed something.
    Went back to the site to descirbe my file, but site tells me I haven't uploaded anything yet. WUWT? sad

2 sounds
    10 posts

Thanks acclivity, the first one was real helpful!

0 sounds
    1 post

Where can I get a voice tag done?

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi..good day...i was wondering any one out there wanna help me out.. i need a dj voice tag prefrerably a female voice ..

Voice Tag 1: DJ DERICK...IN THE MIX...

Voice tag 2: Housegrooves

That's it ...any takers????
    just PM me...peace!!

Djderick

548 sounds
    351 posts

Anything in here of use? :-

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=17602

Mike

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=17603
    might help too

0 sounds
    3 posts

where can i find a sample of the howie?

2045 sounds
    1848 posts

muntantzombieninjaclown
    it was the second scream on the youtube link. thanks.

My tweaked versions of the Wilhem scream were from Freesounder SynaMax, (same "SynaMax" as Youtube link ?) ... http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=3630

0 sounds
    3 posts

it was the second scream on the youtube link. thanks.

2 sounds
    10 posts

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone had about 2 or 3 sounds similar to this:

www.filefactory.com/file/a205b63/n/Kids_Cheer_add_fade_.mp3

306 sounds
    472 posts

is there a female equivilent of the Wilhelm scream? I hear it all the time but don't know how to refer to it....

0 sounds
    7 posts

There is also this other scream

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXkfb7Ok0o