Forums

31 sounds
    2 posts

I also have only good to say about live. I would wait though till the new version is out if possible. I would also like to mention Reaktor wich has alot of cool little sequencers, samplers, endless tools for on the fly sampling and performing...

"live-cut, replicant, blue glitch and beat repeater "I like live cut "can't wait for the next version!" it's still quite in the babyshoes same for beat repeater, it's quite a joke for what they can do (no backward option, etc etc... could be much better this one but I like it, it's in the right direction I think.

I personally love the fx unit from Limelite for this kind of fx a drummachine from the electronic instruments vol. 2 pack for reaktor 4+, not sure might be only from off 5 but I think I had it when I was using Reaktor 4 still.

Well it's a quite heavy drummachine and has an option to just use the fx unit. But that still wasn't good enough for me so I checked it out and wrote my own little fx plugin with limelite's as a template. I came up with something really small, don't know any vst with so much versatility, so little hunger for CPU eventhough it cuts like a swissknife.

Not to forget the combination lemur/reaktor thru OSC-Midi but I could go on like this, there are so many possibilities that it's hard to find the solution.

Hope you haven't yet decided, take your time and think this through if you can.
    Good luck!

33 sounds
    8 posts

guitar ring ,baby is the best for guitars is a plugin grin

33 sounds
    8 posts

chop you percucion samples using tools like recicle for make a 3/4 beats .. :roll:

17 sounds
    224 posts

For the crushing, try combining many sounds to create something similar.

Sources I can think of right now are:

-Emptying a pouch of gravel.

-Dropping metallic objects (bolts, screws, washers, coins etc.)

-Scratching or rubbing pieces of metal together to create that scratchy, whiny sound.

-Rolling a piece of paper in a ball and playing with the pitch of the recording.

For the motor sounds, I guess heavy trucks would make a good substitute (diesel).

Firing sounds, take any explosion sound, I know there are some really good ones on the site.

For the turret, you can probably get it by finding some electric motor around you and recording it's sound, then playing with the pitch. (Car seat motors could be good.)

1 sound
    13 posts

artmiller
    I`m using Vista Home Premium.

I downloaded the re2launcher.zip zip file. Unzipped it with JZip.

Double click on re2_launcher.jar / Error message
    "This directory can`t be written. Choose another directory"
    But choosing another directory doesn`t work.

Double click on setup.exe / Error message
    "The configuration file `launcher.ini` does not contain a jar file entry."

Java Version 6 is installed.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated as this is the programme I`ve been in need of for sometime. I need to indentify he keys of various samples.

Many thanks, Art Miller

Maybe this may help:
    Note: If you are using Windows Vista you should choose to install Rapid Evolution to a directory outside of the default “Program Files” (for example, choose “C:\Rapid Evolution”), otherwise you might have problems saving your database. This is due to an incompatibility with the way Rapid Evolution and Vista function, which might be fixed in the future. Furthermore, it is sometimes necessary to install using the re2launcher.zip method, which will properly set file permissions when the other install options fail. If for any reason the install process itself fails, the other option for Vista users is to download re.zip, and use the pre-installed directory. :wink:

1500 sounds
    109 posts

An hour before i've read this post i had been moving real hospital bed, but i will not record it. It's too sad and idiotic to record anything in such place. I recorded moving cabinet in studio, maybe it will be good for you, check my last upload.

0 sounds
    8 posts

I`m using Vista Home Premium.

I downloaded the re2launcher.zip zip file. Unzipped it with JZip.

Double click on re2_launcher.jar / Error message
    "This directory can`t be written. Choose another directory"
    But choosing another directory doesn`t work.

Double click on setup.exe / Error message
    "The configuration file `launcher.ini` does not contain a jar file entry."

Java Version 6 is installed.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated as this is the programme I`ve been in need of for sometime. I need to indentify he keys of various samples.

Many thanks, Art Miller

**I posted this on the Revolution site. No advice yet...

Very frustrating as this looks like the Program Of My Dreams!!!

Art

PS: Hey -- thanks for your Italian time, Cajo.

0 sounds
    2 posts

just because i'd really like to use Moocher for a projekt for my webDev class I'd like to finally find out if it's worth learning how to integrate C++ with PHP

so is Moocher really broken?

/pär

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thanks for your help! I have taken a look at Ableton, and it seems very promising.

0 sounds
    5 posts

Cheers for the effort mate.
    Seems to have totally changed the shape of the sound though... and still very crackly.

I'll have to just keep looking

527 sounds
    651 posts

About 5m into this recording a trolley goes past with some stuff rattling on it. It might do.

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=67191

36 sounds
    30 posts

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi3340895001/

The movie is FINALLY up on IMDb and I am happy with how it looks on the web .... for the 1st time it looks more like it should. grin grin grin I hate these sites that degrade resolution.

Again... the DVD is about 3 times the resolution but now you get a proper idea how it looks. The DVD is here.
    https://www.createspace.com/257525

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-One-Movie-Dan-Biholar/dp/B001N0LEHY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234524941&sr=1-8

or PM me and make me an offer.... man I need money.

Dark Too Music in heavy production.... Van Helsing is a hard worker and I thank him (Cockroaches) Thanks Michael !!!! Will be releasing some teasers soon !
    We fired the singer.... what a lazy guy.... he never could finish anything he started with us and refused to answer simple questions. Him and his family harassed me with many pointless and racist emails. I use my computer for work, not pointless jokes and time consuming emails.
    His dad kept emailing me saying goofy stuff and I asked over and over again for him to stop. He would not until I threatened to sue him and stated that I hoped his death was as unpleasant as his personality.(Too far???) Seemed the only way to make it stop, as I was arguing with my wife about money issues at the time. No time for that crap.
    First grant fell through. NOW I REALLY HOPE the 2nd will come through....
    The link to amazon at IMDb is greyed out.... must find out why....

103 sounds
    195 posts

nothing to add to acclivity's very clear words grin

I installed and quickly tested Rapid Evolution.

http://www.mixshare.com it's really well done, there are many helps and a forum.
    installation worked well, no bugs no crashes. better close other programs to have more free memory.

in this page I've downloaded re2launcher.zip (23.9MB),:
    http://www.mixshare.com/wiki/doku.php?id=installation

"extract the contents of re2launcher.zip to a temporary directory and run “setup.exe”. This will only run on Windows machines, however, the advantage of this install is that it does not require Java, or rather, it will automatically install it for you if it does not exist."

at the end of installation, a prompt ask for Max memory used by Rapid Evolution:
    it suggest 200 MB - it could be too much: try a lower value, I choosed 100.
    (it depends on your system configuration - too long to explain it here. I use WinXP-sp3 with 1.60 GHz, 512 MB ram)

the program opens up.
    the email input at the first start of the program is optional - just close the little window.

basic steps from online guide:
    http://www.mixshare.com/wiki/doku.php?id=quick_easy_guide

Step 1: Add Your Songs
    The simplest way to add songs is to drag and drop the folder/directory containing your music onto Rapid Evolution's search window. This will bring up the “add song(s)” dialog. Here, select “add all” and wait until all the songs have been processed (a dialog summarizing the results will be displayed at the end). You can also import songs directly from a variety of sources.

Step 2: Detect Keys/BPMs
    In the search table, highlight all of your songs (either via CTRL-A or by holding SHIFT), then right/option click and select detect→all (or you could select detect→bpm or detect→key specifically). Wait for this process to finish.

I've tried detect→all with a whole song in mp3, duration 4:47 - the analisys is long and memory consumpting: wait.
    the result was astonishing: key and bpm perfectly found!
    and the found key is not the first one but the true tonic

in the edit window there's a piano button that open a useful midi keyboard to manually detect key while playing the file.
    I did not succes in using the tap button to manually detect bmp... but the automatic detection work!

many other features are related to Dj mixing: info on the site

Art, let me know if installation was ok, either here or in PM

0 sounds
    1 post

lowest airfare lowest airfares list of airlines in uk airline tickets cheapest flight reservations cheap cheap international airline tickets airlines london flights airline tickets cheap ticket airfare military cheap discount flight last minute cheap cheep flights compare jet blue airways flights airline reservation cheap discount airfare cheap orient thai airlines airfare com airfare deal airfare deals airline com airline cheap flight tickets italy airfare business class airfares prices flight ticket flight tickets southwest airlines history rome flights to tampa free flight student airfare san francisco philippine airlines air flight cheap air flights flight ticket cheap flight airline schedules abilene,tx low cost airlines cheap low cost flight low cost flights reduced prices on airline tickets flight last minute cheap cheap airfares cheap airline cheap fares minute airfares last minute airline deals airlines flights airlines cheap international plane tickets deals airlines flights airlines tickets book flight flights discount last minute flights flight deals flight price flight student airfares the cheapest indonesia airline safety europe flight cheapest flights cheep flights compare best price on airline tickets bargain airfare best airfares airline tickets cheap ticket airlines that fly to phoenix services airline ticket airline reservations airline red eye flights to las vegas lowest airfare lowest airfares rome flights to tampa free american airline reservations tickets cheap flight ticket all airlines all flights cheap last minute airfares airline tickets cheap ticket flight deals flight price flight discount airline fares europe airfare rates airline tickets cheap ticket cheap airline tickets singapore miami airline reservations airline airfare italy flights jamaica detroit airport and layout and northwest airline terminal flight deals flight price flight air fare discounted airfare air canada cheap flights minute airfares last minute airline to athens flights to miami american airlines chicago incident prices flight ticket flight tickets airline discount fares discount southwest airlines flight reservations flights to europe international london flights to ireland flights malaysia airlines los angeles london flights to ireland flights flights london cheap flights discount international air fares deals airlines flights airlines reduced airfare search dirt cheap airlines air flights airfair airfare airfare auction flight cheapest flights cheapest airline tickets way flights online airfare plane minute flights london flight low air fare cheapest flights airline tickets cheap ticket services airline ticket dirt cheap airline fares cheap airline ticket cheap flight last minute cheap cheap air fares domestic airfare domestic tickets cheap flight discount codes for airline tickets rome flights to tampa free airline discount fares discount airline service dallas tx to abilene tx services airline ticket cheap last minute airfare united airlines book flights budget airfare airfare travel airfare travel go jet airlines british airways plane ticket tickets airline fare airline discount codes for continental airlines flights from cheap airfares low cost airfare cheap flights discount air fares to africa cheap airline ticket cheap flight student airfare airline flights cheap tickets airline fare airline cheap flights from email indian airlines ltd new delhi u t tickets last minute flight last flight cheapest flights delta airlines flight deal booking flights companies airline discount discount international flights minute airfares last minute airline cheap flights from cheapest round trip airline tickets to london compare flights cheep to argentina flights how is qantas airway inferior to singapore airlines cheap airline ticket cheap fares cheap flight cheap cheap air fares australia air fare last minute airfare last flights to orlando flights to las vegas flights southwest airlines air fare discounted airfare tickets airfares airfares europe turkish airlines international reduced airfare search budget flights business class aloha airlines to argentina flights low cost flight low cost flights international airfares discount cheap charter flight charter flights cheap tickets last minute flight last airline tickets online cheap cheep flights compare flights european airfare flight china eastern airlines schedules international airfare discounted flights london cheap flights very cheap airline tickets international airfare discounted search flights cheapflights fares cheap travel 1:400 aeroclassics hawaiian airlines dc-8-63 aircraft cheap airfare cheap airfare

0 sounds
    8 posts

Many thanks again for latest contributions.

My method is to bang around on my keyboard until a common note
    pops out at me whilst listening to the sample. This works about one time in ten. The
    other nine are the problem.

I am also of a great age -- and deaf in one ear after ten years in a band in the
    60s. But music is still the love of my life -- after the missus, of course. (Had
    to add that in case she looks over my shoulder.)

I`ve attempted to install the `Rapid Evolution` program that CAJO mentioned. Looks
    like the perfect program for me, but installation is proving impossible.

Keep `em comin`! :lol:

Art

39 sounds
    4 posts

sorry, but if i think logic i think Ultrabeat ( you don't like it???? ), or in logic 7 is not available?

0 sounds
    3 posts

THIS IS THE BEST PICKED UP FRPM THE BEST AND THE BEST U ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND :wink:

NO WORD 4 MY EXPRESSION

39 sounds
    4 posts

Hi, someone know where i can download any VST for MAC ???????? ( to use whit Logic Pro )

Thanks everybody!

0 sounds
    3 posts

Greetings fellow forum friends,

I am in desperate need of a moving hospital bed sound. I am currently editing a film scene when I need that looping in the background.

Unfortunately, I have had no luck with the search here. Tried these search terms: "Hospital bed", "Pushing", "Trolley", "Small wheels", "Moving bed", and some others...

I just need something that will sound like a moving (on small wheels) hospital bed.
    If there is a kind soul out there that could direct me to find it, I would deeply appreciate it.

Faithfully,
    Jennifer

527 sounds
    651 posts

Hi.
    I downloaded the file and also found it was horrible especially the beginning. I have played around with it and improved it a bit, it is still a dog but sounds a bit better than the original.

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=67202