Forums

2 sounds
    2 posts

Hi there,

I am seeking recordings of either Dari or Pashto conversation. In particular any market\souk\Bazaar ambiences with sellers hawking their goods in either Dari or Pashto would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2 sounds
    2 posts

I've done it. pretty successfully. Find the sound of some object being thrown into water, preferably from the perspective of underwater. make sure it is a fairly short sample, with the majority of the sound being maybe a second or two long and a tail of 3 or 4 seconds. Use this sound as your impulse response. Should work super well for a glock... BUT before you run your reverb first eq the sound: bring up around the 500 band. I also used a denoiser filter but set the threshold too high for a kind of spectral effect, use a filter that responds to volume if that doesn't work well enough. Maybe a bit of tremolo, and THEN your convolution and you should be golden.

-Jeremy

0 sounds
    1 post

Hey guys,

This is my first post here. I was searching google for a fire effect and found Dynamicell's forest fire aif. Thanks Dynamicell!! I had a techno-like song I made in reason 4 that I couldn't figure out an ending to. So I had an idea to have an effect of someone lighting a match a few times and starting a fire. Gradually the fire overtakes the song until it's all that's left. I also added a very un-noticeable thing to the song. If you listen really hard you can hear some tapping there foot in sync with the song. Almost like their waiting for the fire to consume everything. You don't hear it after the flame gets really big.

If you want to check this out and give me feedback go to this page at newgrounds. I have some of my other audio stuff there as well wink

www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/324718 (Don't forget to add the http : // part at the beginning - no quotes of course)

Thanks guys, I look forward to getting to know some of you!

-Hostile 17

0 sounds
    1 post

I know the video has terrible acting, but its the only I could show what I'm looking for.

From 0:36-0:38, www youtube com/watch?v=oBWkECFGHRI&feature=related (add "." between spaces)

It's goes like "dooh dooh dooooh". Thanks.

0 sounds
    14 posts

If you are willing to record your voice for a video game that is currently in the works, please either message me here or email me at 'Plug05@hotmail.co.uk'

Thanks,

Ben

18 sounds
    52 posts

The header isn't damaged. Standard 32bit floating point file (48 kHz) written by REAPER (without BWF chunk).

FIXED

1966 sounds
    2129 posts

Hello Dstruct,

I had the same problema couple of days ago (curiously, also with a large file).
    Bram suggested the file header might be damaged and that I should open the file on my editor and save it again. Then try uploading.
    That solved my problem. Can you try that?

0 sounds
    2 posts

i just contacted the creator of the sound file and they said it is okay for me to use it in my video. should i just print the email out and send it to the contest people as proof that it's okay?

0 sounds
    94 posts

I like it, that it shows what a particular person downloaded. If they downloaded some stuff of you, then you can check out, what else he downloaded. This makes you understand the context in which your sample will probably beeing used.
    Furthermore: You get all the sounds for free and it is not that hard so write down, what samples you used what for. So less work for such a big library.

If everybody could delete his/her att. list, I think most of the lists would be empty, `cause most of the people would download as much as they can and then delete their lists, pretending that they haven`t anything at all.

18 sounds
    52 posts

For me it would be enough if it wouldn't list my own samples: http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5398

18 sounds
    52 posts

OK wink

Basically I'm just downloading my own samples to check if they were uploaded correctly. I don't want to see them in the attribution list.

18 sounds
    52 posts

Same problem here: http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5908

All my previous uploads in the past were successfully!

FIXED

0 sounds
    4 posts

In case anyone has an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, I published a new app last year on the app store that uses guitar samples that NoiseCollector generously provided on here. I did this basic app for my graduate level 3D UI course at my local university. You can play guitar chords by "strumming" it in the air, or using the new Touch & Play mode.

It basically allows you to pick power chords of your choice and strum the device to play the samples. Also can do some cool volume modulating and hammer tap samples. A mildly fun novelty and plenty of fun for playing Smoke of the Water and Iron Man for your coworkers ha ha. Hopefully I'll find time at some point to update it and make it a little more complete.

I can't express how nice it was to have quality free samples (and very complete!) to help me on this class project. (And I got an A, yay!)

Anyway, here's the links with info if anyone is curious:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317161212&mt=8

Also available is iStrum Unplugged, a similar app using acoustic chord samples provided by SpeedY, another FreeSound'er!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320933860&mt=8

18 sounds
    455 posts

I think you could better ask this at ccMixter, which is for music while Freesound is for all other sounds.

0 sounds
    3 posts

would be nice wink

0 sounds
    94 posts

prety good. I think you should raise the low end, but right now I´m only listining to it on my laptop.
    But you´re right, the engine itself is mossing. If you don`t have a real boat nearby, try to layer a sound of a truck engine, propably you have to pitch it down a bit.
    hey cool. while I was typing this a harley davidson just parked right under my window. As it drove away I was (just in time) ready to record it. I´ll have a look at it, when it`s ok, I´ll upload it here, might just be what you`re after.

EDIT: from now on, I´ll keep my mic ready to record when something interesting happens

EDIT EDIT: ok, I missed the shot.damn. I hope, that the guy comes back later, so I can record him again.

55 sounds
    127 posts

Fixed the link

0 sounds
    94 posts

hey, sry, but the link doesn`t work.

70 sounds
    134 posts

moomooalnem26
    hello, i used 2 seconds of a sound file from here at freesound.org in the background of a video i made for a Best Buy contest. [...] do you think that the 2 seconds is significant enough to have to source? also, if i just put the file name, the username of the creator, this website, and mention Creative Commons Sampling + 1.0.. is that enough? i've read all the legal documents this website provides, but i'm still not positive about what to do when concerning a video contest.

Since you read all of the relevant documents including the license terms, you'll already know that any commercial use of sounds in their original unaltered state is in breach of copyright, and that copyright applies to sound durations of all lengths. If 2 seconds was significant enough for you to use, then 2 seconds is significant enough to for you to attribute.

You'll also know the minimum requirements for appropriate attribution, and you'll know that there are no exceptions or exemptions specified in the license terms.

Can you clarify more specifically what you're unclear on according to the information you read in the license terms?

0 sounds
    2 posts

hello, i used 2 seconds of a sound file from here at freesound.org in the background of a video i made for a Best Buy contest. in the contest form i have to fill out, i have to give details about music i used that was not provided by Best Buy AND also provide evidence of permission to use it. do you think that the 2 seconds is significant enough to have to source? also, if i just put the file name, the username of the creator, this website, and mention Creative Commons Sampling + 1.0.. is that enough? i've read all the legal documents this website provides, but i'm still not positive about what to do when concerning a video contest. Thanks so much for any information. please respond asap.

-allison