Forums

2016 sounds
    1826 posts

Single hits of pots and pans are available ... http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=4635

0 sounds
    2 posts

thanks but just after singular hits, thanks anyway!

121 sounds
    1552 posts

Freesound2 will have 3 licenses:

- cc-zero (a public-domain-like license). One-liner: you can do whatever you want, no need for credits
    - attribution. one-liner: you can do whatever you want, but you need to credit me.
    - attribution-non-commercial. one-liner: you can't make money with whatever you make from this sample, and you need to credit me.

In the search the license will be selectable + in the atrtibution form it should be easier...

- Bram

76 sounds
    32 posts

The idea of freesound giving uploaders more freedom to dictate the use of their material shouldn't scare you. You mentioned many times that the idea of more license types scaring you but you never detailed what, specifcally scares about that.

If you are nervous you won't be able to decipher which sample has which license, i am sure FS will have a convenient way to figured which is which and will also thoroughly and easily explain what rights eAch license gives the downloader.

Or are you more worried about restricted use of the downloaded material?

Those who want to contribute will contribute, those who don't, won't.

And in my particular case here I wanted a license that gave people who donwloaded my specifc file in question, more freedom to use it as they wish.

0 sounds
    6 posts

I agree this is going to be better for those gracious people who take their time and energy to contribute. But me, as a person who wishes he had half the skill and creativity as people who upload (that is to say I’m a moocher), I am worried.

I really like that all the samples here are conveniently the same license type. At other places that I used to look, I would find something really great, only to find out that the license was not what I was looking for.

I’m sure that there will be a great search option that will let me choose samples by licensing, but I’m still nervous. I have always thought it was of the utmost importance for me, even as someone who only wishes to be good enough one day to actually make money doing music and sound, to be sure to have credits and licenses properly done.

But then again, I’m only a “taker” at this site, not a “giver.” sad And the people who upload should upload should have the utmost control over receiving credit for their work. Also, I’m aware that many uploaders are wanting to change their licensing to an even less restrictive one.

Wow. I’m babbling and hijacked a thread or something. Oops. Sorry.

Anyway, this site is great and change to something so great scares me… but I also think it is a good idea and gives more power to the creative minds who give so much to the rest of us.

I’m going to go back to my corner now…

the alley cat via the 2nd.wav

178 sounds
    742 posts

Nice link Timbre. I found the original sample pack that that was remixed from:
    http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=5056

0 sounds
    4 posts

I am unable to listen to any of the sounds for more then 3 secs after about a 20 sec delay from the time i hit the play button till audio starts. this all started after the server switch. Browser and flash is up to date i am running a dual quad core mac g5 so my machine cant be the issue it has enough power to run just about anything with no lag. does anyone have a fix for this ? :?:

178 sounds
    742 posts

Thanks for using freesound. I think if you post again later you can include a link to your video. Please make sure that the freesound samples are attributed in the video or on the webpage where you can view the video. See FAQ: http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1541

21 sounds
    1 post

I just uploaded a samplepack of Jungle breakbeats including The worm and the amen ect.
    grin

2016 sounds
    1826 posts

Paul McNelis did the main voice on this spoof TV commercial … http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=77690

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi everyone!
    I'm new in the forum, and I'm italian...
    so I hope that what I'm writing is correct...
    I have already listened some of your sounds, and they are great!!!
    I hope soon to give you some of my sounds
    thank you!
    peace! grin

0 sounds
    2 posts

thank you so much

18 sounds
    455 posts

Sounds to me like a sword clang sound, you should be able to get a similar result by editing a few swords you can find on http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=1584 .

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi guys,
    i working on my project it's almost done but i need some sound sample...
    i wanna this sound sample

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxLMFvSpi8 in 01:26 effect does blink and i dont know how can i search name.

Thanks for help and advice

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thankyou very much to;
    Dobroide 20090405.chest impacts.wav, 20070407.slaughter 01-06, 2008.sacrifice.wav
    Corsica-s meow.wav
    acclivity Donkey.wav,Donkey2SHR.wav, Akamas Goats.wav, Bee Eaters and birth.wav
    Sandyrb fakemonkeychatter 001.wav
    Reinsamba 1202-sheep-and-goats.wav
    doobit goat 001wav
    Luke IRL small goat bleeting.wav
    17012 cognito perceptu hammering-2.wav
    57300 satoration castanets-wet.wav
    rutgermuller footsteps on Tiles
    noisecollector woodenshoes.wav
    percy duke gravel crunch.wav
    freesound shoe-claping-ses2.wav for your generosity

2016 sounds
    1826 posts

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=25577 smile

2016 sounds
    1826 posts

A slightly computerized version of the above ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=78942

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hey everyone
    let me start by saying this site is great and everyone who contributes to it are great also! I have used this site many times and found some amazing soundso n here, I am hoping to add some sounds myself once i get my recording gear set up eventually (just moved and have nowhere to set up a booth yet)
    anyway I am after some drum hits, live, with lots of ambience and preferrablly very old, rusty dirty sounding kit, i don't want a loop i am only after single hits.

this is a track with a similar sound i am after:

J dilla - Jungle Love

the room ambience adds a lot to the sound so if thats possible that would be great
    this might be a long shot but thought it would be worth asking.
    let me know (i'm happy to pay session players too)
    thanks

18 sounds
    455 posts

I don't know about this, but back when I worked for a radio station, we had a royalty free cd. Actually, it was simply a very expensive cd, so you paid for the royalties when you bought it, but you could use it unlimited. We used it for show tunes, commercials, lots of things. I've never seen a license with it, but somehow I think that's not necessary.
    Think of it this way, I can take lots of public domain sounds and music recordings (like from Archive.org) and put it on a cd and call it royalty free music. It is true, it's public domain, I cannot claim they're my sounds, but I can use them any way I like and it doesn't need a license.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi!

I'm mixing up a video-version of a song that requires couple sentences of tv-commercial sound-alike male voice. Only couple of phrases are needed, the person has to have English language as a native tongue and a timbre as smooth as possible. Anyone care to help? smile

Pichen