Forums

37 sounds
    44 posts

Yeah, Firefox doesn't work with some sites since the move to 3.X. They removed some code (save link target as) and the replacement doesn't work all the time. The procedure below works for me with FF 3.0.8.

Install the noscript plugin. Come to the freesound site. Make sure that the site is forbidden in noscript (this should be the default). Go to the sound you want to download. Instead of right clicking on the download icon, left click on it. This brings up a page to play it with the default player you have set up. But noscript blocks it from playing. On that page right click and select "save link as". It will now bring up the download dialog and actually download the sound instead of the php that links to the sound.

0 sounds
    4 posts

I'm very sorry, i must be very stupid. I did read all FAQ!
    I'm using Firefox (latest version). WHAT do i have to rightclick to download? I only downloaded .php files or pictures, but never sounds?

23 sounds
    6 posts

You can use google to search on this forum. Just type: inurl:http://www.freesound.org/forum and the words you want to search for smile

0 sounds
    123 posts

alovers
    Just start my first post here for i didn't find where i could introduce myself

Alovers, you have posted this in the wrong topic, in deed, in the wrong forum; someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that those sorts of posts should go in freesound project. However, Bram, you ought to consider an 'introduce yourself' forum presisely for posts like that. Is this something you can consider?

Cheers

0 sounds
    2 posts

I 'v ever got a sony battery for my laptop on laptopbatteryshop.co.uk, try luck asking this sony battery.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Just start my first post here for i didn't find where i could introduce myself

121 sounds
    1552 posts

http://media.freesound.org/files/sample_44100_16bit.wav

by the way, your wma is actually sampled at 48KHz, not at 96KHz.

- bram

68 sounds
    32 posts

Timbre, I used WMA only to make the file small so I could easily take it from home to work. And no, it does not do anything to the quality of the original wave, as when I play it on my home computer, it sounds the same as the original.

Just ignore the whole WMA stuff, as this topic has certainly nothing to do with that. I thank you for your interest. Please, let's try the wave conversion and we'll see.

0 sounds
    4 posts

I am looking for a sample, from 15 seconds to 1 minute to show the effect of a 5.1 surround sound system. Much the same as they play at the start of a movie. I have found one but the source of the sound is average. Something more realistic such as helicopter, guns firing, vehicles boats planes etc would be fantastic.
    Thanks for your consideration.

1964 sounds
    1804 posts

Confusingly there are .wma formats which use lossless compression and other .wma formats which use lossy compression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Audio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossy_data_compression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless_data_compression

If you accidentally used the lossy type of wma file it could noticeably compromise the sound quality.

68 sounds
    32 posts

Man, I'm not sure, but WMA is the only format I can use that supports 24/96. That one WMA you have is 256 kbps, 24 bit, 96 kHz, stereo file. My major problem is that I don't have internet connection at home anymore so I must go back and forth between home and work. But it does not matter in this case. Save that WMA data as wave. Or I can. It just does not matter.

I used WMA, because neither MP3 nor any other compressed format I can use support more than 16/44.

Okay, to make it plain and simple, here is a wave format sound file, 24/96. Try to resample that and send it back to me and I will listen to it on my home computer and hear if it's okay.

0 sounds
    1 post

Дорого покупаем отказы страховых компаний по выплате компенсации после ДТП,
    угона или иного страхового случая, ОСАГО, КАСКО, нестарше 3-х летней давности,
    любой регион, возможна работа за процент от выигрыша дела, все расходы, представительство
    и сбор документов наши. Даже если все бумаги утеряны и уже продан автомобиль.

Пишите: 9992367@mail.ru
    Звоните: 8-962-999-23-67.

Для вас возможность вернуть деньги, без каких либо вложений!!!

121 sounds
    1552 posts

Zajo,

wma? what use is using 24/96 when you're using a compressed audio file format that most probably cuts off anything below 20khz!!
    you should post the wave file (or flac file) to try on.
    or are you using some kind of lossless compression wma format?

in general ALL compression formats (mp3, ogg, wma, m4p, ...) all drop the high-frequency content in order to compress more.

( and by compress I mean mp3-size-compression, not audio-type-compressor-compression )

- Bram

68 sounds
    32 posts

Well, laribum and Timbre, assuming your sound cards support 24-bit 96 kHz and that your resampling causes only slight quality loss, there must be a problem with my sound card. It's Audigy 2.

Here is a short part of a song in WMA, 24-bit, 96 kHz. Please, try to convert it to 16-bit, 44 kHz and send it back to me. If there is only slight quality loss, then it's obvious that I have a hardware problem. Thank you, people.

13 sounds
    1 post

Never heard of Rick Ross, are you talking about an actual horn like a trumpet, or more like a siren or toll horn?

0 sounds
    1 post

This is desperatley needed. Im sure you've all heard it a million times, used in The Boss by Rick Ross, and just about every reggae song made.

Thanks.

3115 sounds
    315 posts

I had some trouble with the airlines getting home, but better late than never, right?
    Bobbin
    Hope that helps.

17 sounds
    3 posts

Yeeesssss!!!
    thankyou so much, thats Per Fect

0 sounds
    1 post

After three summers of work, the "Goose Pond: A Timeless Adventure" disc has finally been released. It's the first time a Boy Scout camp has been made the subject of a video game, and a lot of the realism is due not just to the Apple QuickTime virtual reality shots but also to the great variety of background sounds the project got from Freesound contributors.

Special thanks to Dustin Chiocchi, Fonogeno, Koops, Laurent, Luffy, Petenice, SpeedY, Schademans, Sonic Valley Productions, Yawfle, and especially Dobroide for all those background bird calls!

Check it out at gpsrcd.nepabsa.org

Knarf99

1964 sounds
    1804 posts

Cyntax85
    Timbre
    "Pulsing" you say ... http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=4544

I went to the individual sounds on this one and right clicked then "Save link as," when I try to load the files into Audacity they give me the error "mismatched tag at line 82" any idea what that means?

There is no problem downloading these files, I just checked.

When you right click, select the "Save target as" option to save a copy on your computer,
    then you can open this saved copy with Audacity.

If you download the pack of sounds, rather than individual sounds, it will be in the form of a zip file which has to be unpacked (extracted) before Audacity can play.