Forums

211 sounds
    32 posts

What about at Dobroide´s idea?

18 sounds
    456 posts

This apparently is spam. I don't know why anybody would spam this (hacking attempt perhaps?), but Google and Copyscape say it is anyway. Examples: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] and many more.

211 sounds
    32 posts

Well, beyond the fact of our sounds being used (or not) at this “happy-new-ear” festival, I feel very happy at the invitation they made to “freesound”…and the fact we respond to them with our work.
    I (with my dad) wanted to attend the festival, but was not possible. Next Year…well be there for sure.
    I agree with juskiddink idea, let us spread this experience…I will do it with my schoolmates, friends…and who or wherever if fits.
    Thank you “Freesound” and “happy-new-Ear” festival…you make ME, very happy and willing to discover new experiences.

21 sounds
    52 posts

http://www.torproject.org

0 sounds
    1 post

ultrasurf...its a free program google it just run that and you can do just about anything

368 sounds
    255 posts

A fantastic idea comes true. smile

Please make lots of these and put them in playgrounds and airports.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

Hey guys,

sadly enough I wasn't able to go myself, nor did I find someone to go make some good pictures, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ps1KxHJyW0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkaO0ZWhTPg

In the end the guys from klankspeeltuin used the 8 packs present in ONE instrument setup, gathering the most interesting sounds from each pack.
    They said that for young kids, the sounds weren't varied enough, so that seemed a good solution.

The room -supposedly- had the credits written on a paper somewhere, again a pity I wasn't there sad

Thanks again for the submissions!!!

- Bram

29 sounds
    37 posts

nemoDaedalus
    I don't know this machine, but I'd say an outward position could be useful for recording a conversation between two people. One mic pointing to one speaker, the other at the other. Then in post-production, these two should be mixed to a mono track, alternating between the two mics depending on who speaks.

That might be a useful technique if the two capsules were 180 degrees apart, but the D50 "outward" position puts the capsules at (just about) the same angle as XY. It's effectively just a non-coincident version of XY, but without the separation required for, say, ORTF. So it's not useful for any standard stereo recording technique, and it invites phasing problems unless used with great care.

I still think it's a great little recorder, but the movable capsules feature is not one of the things that makes it great (and, in fact, it can burn you if one of them gets inadvertently moved out of position).

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thanks for your reply.

77 sounds
    64 posts

Just a thought, but are you really saying that none of the 147 results are suitable from the results you get if you type "church bell" into the search link on the left of your screen?

77 sounds
    64 posts

http://www.dazer.com/

You need an incredibly loud sound to deter dogs. I hate dogs, and I got one of these in the hope of feeping the filthy critters away from me. They are only effective from a range of where a baseball bat would be useful. More effective indoors. You PC just won't cut it

0 sounds
    20 posts

I need some Old West Saloon Piano Music. It doesn't have to be an actual recognizable song, just the feeling of the music. Think "ragtime". If you want to be REALLY awesome, play/find it in a key that makes it sound spooky. This will be used in a Non-Profit haunted house in October.

Thanks!

18 sounds
    456 posts

When you right-click the image, there should be an option like 'Save Target As'. This may have a different name, depending on what browser you use. If you choose 'Save As', you will download the image, that's not the option you want.
    Apparently, there's an issue in Internet Explorer which can disable the option. Which is stupid. And yet another reason why you should stay far away from Internet Explorer.
    In case you still can't download, can you list here every option you see in the popped up menu when you right-click the download link?

0 sounds
    3 posts

This works for me-

-Right click on DOWLOAD (for mac users like myself, plug in a mouse and right click)
    -Click download linked file as

and your done!

0 sounds
    3 posts

I am unable to download I ma right clicking and the only option i have is to to download the image??? Any suggestions?

0 sounds
    3 posts

I am having the same trouble, I am unable to download anything! Very fustrating. When I right click my only options are to download the image. When I left clik another page opens where the sound plays but there are no other links to download it. :?

0 sounds
    1 post

I need a noise to deter a dog that humans can't hear. If you could send me a link or point in the right direction....that'd be well...swell.

0 sounds
    1 post

I began this thread to discuss public available web proxies:

Which are really anonymous?

Which can unblock facebook, myspace etc, in other words: are fresh ?

Which can you recommend?

Thanks for your help,
    Dschibut

P.S.: In my land, the freedom of speech is somehow limited, please give me a hint, if you are not sure about your recommendation.

18 sounds
    456 posts

I don't know this machine, but I'd say an outward position could be useful for recording a conversation between two people. One mic pointing to one speaker, the other at the other. Then in post-production, these two should be mixed to a mono track, alternating between the two mics depending on who speaks.

0 sounds
    1 post

My two cents:
    Logo 4 is the best, because it's modern (Web 2.0-style) as well as simple. Logo 1 is good too, but has an overkill on the gradients, logo 6 is also very good, but I don't like how the word "Freesound" is designed in that one. In my opinion the icon of logo 6 with the text of logo 4 would be perfect.

The other ones: logo 2 just doesn't feel right for Freesound at all, it reminds me of a bottled water brand; logo 3 is just not "Web 2.0" enough, logo 5 looks good, but the use of an equaliser to represent "sound" just feels too retro.