Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

I need 2-3 different samples of the kind of a thunk that a bullet going into a body would make.
    It's for a zombie game I'm writing in java for school, and I'll make sure to provide credit.

18 sounds
    456 posts

TiMidity I think does exactly what you want.

103 sounds
    195 posts

I use Virtual Sound Canvas by Edirol, it's a little and easy midi player that directly convert midi into wav. it's an old program, I had it in bundle with a soundcard:
    http://www.edirol.net/products/en/VSC-88H3/

Sonar by Cakewalk too convert midi to wav (£ 89.00 / $139):
    http://www.ediroleurope.com/

here's the procedure from Sonar guide:
    "you can convert the MIDI tracks to audio for export as Wave, MP3, or other file formats. If you are using external MIDI modules, just record the outputs of your modules into your sound card. If you are using soft synths, use the File-Export-Audio command, or the Edit-Bounce to Track(s) command. If you are using the built-in synthesizer in your sound card to produce MIDI sounds, you can use your sound card's "What You Hear" or wave capture function to convert the MIDI tracks, if your sound card can function this way."

this procedure is common in audio softwares, as raaghav81 clearly suggested

22 sounds
    6 posts

I would like to recommend two VST effect plugs from Camel Audio -Camel Space and Camel Phat ( Not Free). If you have not already tried them please go ahead. They are actually multi-effects plugins with delay, gate. filters, reverb, compresser, distortion and much more.

Even Factory Presets are great enough to get you started. Though, I am not a Game Audio expert myself but I think these plugs can be really useful in your Game Audio Creation.

By the way, I liked you machine gun sound.

22 sounds
    6 posts

samsizzle-
    Does anyone know of any FREE like COMPLETELY free midi to wav converters?

Hi samsizzle,

No such converter exists. Neither free nor commercial as far as I know.

Ofcourse, there are some programs claim to do that but they are just toys and they are not effective. Since midi is not audio so it can not be converted to a audio format like wav, mp3 etc.

The best and cost effective way I can suggest you to get the job done is play you midi file in a Media player ( WMP, Winamp etc) and record your sound card's Audio output through a software/wav editors like Wavosaur(Free), Audacity(Free). If you have not heard about these free softwares please Google for them.

Or if you like to be little more adventurous then download 'Reaper' from www.reaper.fm (Not free but fully functional trial version) and

Insert your midi file into a track in Reaper >Route it to a midi output (a soundfont player, GM module or whatever)>and Render to a wav file.

Try whichever sounds simpler.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello Ghostex,

the gunsound has a nice basement and sounds artificial, bit "silencerd".
    I´m still thinking about if the "room" I hear the sound firing in, could/should be removed, so make a "dry" sound without the "room" effect, will sound maybe better, I´m not sure, also I have not too much gunsound-design experience, I only designed some different pistol firing sounds on a Waldorf Wave, thats now many years ago wink

Good luck!

0 sounds
    3 posts

theta4
    I see what you're saying.

What's happening is the sample is at a certain bpm for a certain number of measures, but there's a bit on the end that's not part of the loop. For example, a 4 measure beat at 120bpm should play for 8 seconds, but the sample might be 9 or 10 seconds long. I do this with some of my samples. This sample loops perfectly, while this sample has a bit of extra on the end.

The best way to fix this is to do the math and figure out how long the sample should be, and then cut off whatever isn't needed.

Also, looping the sound with the Freesound player isn't exactly perfect; you will always have the looping problem using the Freesound player. I don't know exactly how you're looping the beats, but it's better to use a program like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) to loop them.

But if I wanted to use a loop that was 162bpm, I would open up LMMS (http://lmms.sourceforge.net/), set the bpm for the project to 162, put the sample in for however many measures the sample is, and loop that. It works all the time (assuming you have the right bpm). I could show you if you would rather use that method.

I'll need more information on how you're looping the sample. Also, which samples you're looping would be helpful information as well.

Thanks a lot for the answer, I think my problem is solved smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi - can anyone help with a beaver sound (the rodent !)

I'm making a skiing video featuring beavers, but so far all I've been able to find is a sample of some chipmunk squeaks ....

Can anyone point me in the direction of some genuine beaver (or other rodent) sounds ?

Cheers !

Dougal

8 sounds
    12 posts

Hello,

I'm trying to get a novelty horn sound except I doubt I'd find this combination of notes on a recording. Is there anyway to convert a bunch of notes and make it sound like a novelty car horn? Or is there any other method in the know how? Thanks!

0 sounds
    4 posts

electric sounds that might be edited to fit the bill. there is an entry under neon which seemed pretty good too.

0 sounds
    8 posts

Hello
    I use wavepad. Hope it helps.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Look obviously we got off on the wrong foot. For some reason you have me backing the wars of Iraq and Vietnam which I did not, I understand simple minds jump to concusions.
    I'm more of a WWII supporter. You didn't like that one either did you? But it's good thing we did it because Hitler would never give you the freedom to run through churches on Sunday mornings throwing cans of red paint. There were a few good things the USA has done, arent there? You can't find any can you? OK go on your merry way and bash the people who gave you freedom. Typical.

Your quote says it all: (and if you believe that planes brought down the towers you are a fool) you are in the sliver of society that believe that planes didn't bring down the towers, carefully planted bombs from George "Satan" Bush did. Thank you for proving my point you are a moron.

0 sounds
    4 posts

what are those?

0 sounds
    4 posts

there are some jacobsladder sounds that might be edited?

0 sounds
    4 posts

Does anyone have a sound effect for a neon sign? The buzz often associated with a neon sign or florescent light. If anyone could post something like that it would be really helpful.

Thanks,
    Paul

2 sounds
    4 posts

ebomb
    atomxxx
    ebomb
    Hello, I am new to the website and did searches under war, battle, gunfire, bombing (and the like) before posting this, but I'm not finding the right fit. I am looking to make an approximately 20-30 seconds long intro to a Patriotic themed mix of music that is all sorts of battle ground action. Machine guns, mortars, planes, perhaps even radio comm in the backround.

Dude, you've got a warped idea of patriotism. Killing people, even a lot of people, does not make someone a patriot.

Maybe you could join the military, ship out to Iraq, and get some good recordings of people getting killed?

I'm not your "Dude"... GFY (figure it out)
    I am looking to honor those people who died on the battlefield by not forgeting about them on Fourth of July. What I do brings people to tears. Stick your head back in the sand and pretend nobody died for you a#*hole.

whatever, chick.

so, yeah... like all the people who died in veitnam because... uh... yeah... and all the people that are dying now in the middle east because of saddam... err... bin laden... err... weapons of mass destruction... errr... yeah, whatever it is they're dying for. what is it they're dying for? that's right, no one really knows... but some people are sure making a lot of money from it!

oh, yeah... we're fighting there because of 9/11, which killed about 3000 people, mostly americans, after bush dropped the ball, big-time (and if you believe that planes brought down the towers you are a fool). in response america is now fighting two wars which have so far resulted in over 5000 americans dead, over 30000 americans wounded, and over a quarter of a million american soldiers have filed disability claims. not to mention "coalition" casualties, and well over a million "enemies", mostly women and children, dead. boy, i bet we're just "winning hearts and minds" over there. gosh, it just makes my heart swell with all-american pride.

another way of looking at it is the cure is worse than the disease. keep up the good work, comrade. i feel safer just thinking about all of those maimed and dead bodies.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi,
    Doing the Chekhov play "Cherry Orchard" and am having a hard time finding a string breaking sound. It should break, then die away sadly (author's stage directions, geez). I've found string plucks. I've found people playing on broken strings. Would like something about 10 or 12 seconds long, discordant, 'sad'. Any takers?

0 sounds
    4 posts

tossing a ring onto a bottle (in a fair game).
    the sound of the ring missing, and hitting a bottle.
    maybe sometimes with little roll before settling.
    or any quoits or ring toss sound.

the sound im thinking of would be short.

does anyone have any suggestions? the closest ive found so far are coin roll sounds.

Ive been searching under everything i can think of. spinner, coin, glass. Im unable to record my own sounds convincingly.

0 sounds
    1 post

Does anyone know of any FREE like COMPLETELY free midi to wav converters?

0 sounds
    8 posts

Thanks Simon, I've tried that and many versions of that can't seem to get what I'm looking for though.