Forums

2 sounds
    52 posts

Thank you again... but in truth, I can't use this sample because of the quality difference. Let me explain...

In the footsteps in the movie scene, you can listen to just the sound and can tell that it's someone walking on concrete.. you can hear the crunch of gravel under their shoes and such... but in the case of this sample, I listen and it just does not sound very high quality. I can't tell if it's a shoe or not.. or what it's stepping on. I think it might be your microphone or the noise reduction you're doing after the recording.

Thanks again for the help, but just to tell you, I can't use the sample because of the quality difference between this sound and the rest of my sounds. Any chance of getting a sound of matching quality?

0 sounds
    1 post

i need like 9 seconds of a crying woman or girl. not a child or a baby. found some awesome samples here of children crying but i need a grown up. help!

3228 sounds
    317 posts

Hi,
    I decided it would be smart for me to look into this further and it does seem like recording air traffic control stuff is in fact illegal without permission, like most conversations. It seems to depend somewhat where you live though.

55 sounds
    127 posts

I think it needs some buckling steel/scraping sounds and a more pronounced initial thud/crash sound (not that I know how to make these sounds myself) Does Freesound have a 'how the sound was made' section? It would be a great resource for beginners like me smile

Cheers

David

46 sounds
    14 posts

But if you are recording from your own scanner I believe that would be acceptable.

Well I got my own Airband radio. I got 2.

3228 sounds
    317 posts

I'm no lawyer, but it probably depends how you are recording the transmissions. For example the terms of use from the website say this:
    ----
    3. RESTRICTIONS

You agree that you will not:

3.1 use the LiveATC.net Services to reproduce copyrighted materials;

3.2 copy, store, edit, change, prepare any derivative work of or alter in any way any of the tracks streamed through the LiveATC.net Services without giving credit to LiveATC.net as the source of the original material;
    ----
    But if you are recording from your own scanner I believe that would be acceptable.

0 sounds
    5 posts

This may sound quite rookie for many of you, but, is there any way to get rid off natural reverberance of room? I mean, I have recorded some percussive sounds, which I want to use for samples, but I can´t get rid off the natural reverberance recorded. Any advice, suggestion, tip, will be appreciated.
    (I work in Nuendo & Cubase, so pls no PT solutions, I do not have HW for that)

Thanks a Lot!

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hi!
    Im looking for this sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW-zOEh4L6Q#t=1m17s
    ( from 1:18 )

Thanks for R help!!
    greetings

0 sounds
    4 posts
    Hi!

Im so happy that i find this web site.
    greetings!

3292 sounds
    498 posts

adamf10
    Hi, i was wandering if you have past experience with users uploading sounds claiming they are the composers, only to reveal that they uploaded someone elses audio peices at a later stage. Lets say a thrid party downloaded and used some of these audio files, who would be responsible in this case?

This subject has always interested me.

Thanks,
    Adam

Hi

I guess the problem would be reported to the admin and the sound removed. But no personal experience on this situation, rather on the opposite (which is also interesting always)
    There are several threads on the subject, but you may want to check this thread in particular

http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4189

D

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, i was wandering if you have past experience with users uploading sounds claiming they are the composers, only to reveal that they uploaded someone elses audio peices at a later stage. Lets say a thrid party downloaded and used some of these audio files, who would be responsible in this case?

This subject has always interested me.

Thanks,
    Adam

0 sounds
    4 posts

You are right spleencast, but i had nothing more to offer except that i could send the contributors a copy of the gaming application so that they can enjoy their voices in it. I need the voices urgently if anyone could do that for me.........

Thanks for your comments.... "SPLEENCAST".........

70 sounds
    134 posts

Anjani16
    Those who help me would find their names in my gaming application.

I appreciate the update indicating what you need the sounds for. I was wondering, and that was helpful, so thank you for that.

You do know that attribution is an existing minimum requirement for using sounds from here, right? I mean, anybody who uploads a sound here is already entitled to expect that whomever uses it will attribute them properly according to the Creative Commons Sampling +1.0 license requirements. And one of these requirements is that every copy of a new work will include their name with it.

So to me, your offer sounds kind of like you're trying to tempt people with what they already have. Just so you know.

I wish you luck and I hope somebody records your sounds for you.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi there,

I've tried using a few underwater samples (ie. bubbles) as IRs in Altiverb, but what they mostly turn into is a really long echoey reverb. Which could be cool, depending on what you're going for.

0 sounds
    4 posts

The voices i asked for need to be added to a gaming application. The application is ready and only voice recordings need to be added. Those who help me would find their names in my gaming application.

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

How about this ? ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=90354

[ Variants here ... http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=5886 ]

46 sounds
    14 posts

Can you upload Air Traffic Control Transmissions sample?

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

Timbre
    The pitch bending caused by the water in the pan isn't totally random: it oscillates (LFO) as the water moves back and forth.

Chorus effect at 2Hz is close to the real thing.

0 sounds
    3 posts

does anyone have that they can share, or can tell me where to find well i dont know how to describe it but i need i think maybe like a beautiful sounding chior? something angelic maybe spiritual sounding, not dark but eerie, i just rally need a captivating soulful kind of sound. :?: thank you if you can help. my email addy paragonmint@hotmail.com

18 sounds
    455 posts

Ah yes, I see. You know, all uploaded sounds go through moderation, meaning there's a real, live human listening to all uploaded sounds to see (or hear) if they're not obvious copyright infringements. That process takes time and therefor your uploaded files will not appear immediately online. But if you wait one or two days, you'll see it most likely got through just fine.
    Of course, you need to describe your files properly too. Too short or weird descriptions also have a good chance of being rejected.