Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

Well then name an alternative! A simple Listing for a 50gb+ and growing archive with hundreds of packs! that's just insane! I mean look at this! http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsView.php
    It's a 20page+ html file!
    sounds are not categorized in sections, no filesize display....no sorting options.
    The ONLY thing i can do is using the browsers page-search function sad
    i'd prefer to download the whole archive in one piece and sort it on my own computer.

795 sounds
    273 posts

i have some, but i don't think they're sensitive enough. and I also need a way to reduce or eliminate the humm I get when I amplify the sounds.

would connecting a preamp to the mic's help?

10 sounds
    21 posts

Just posted the clarinet recordings in a pack, they're awaiting the moderation stage or somthing.
    Enjoy.

121 sounds
    1538 posts

hello^2 flowers,

what you need is called "contact microphones"

have a google! smile

- bram

29 sounds
    24 posts

I have an iHP-140. I put Rockbox software on it, and bought an AT822 stereo mic. Here is a page I wrote for the setup. There is a sample of the quality. If your iriver is on ok shape, you will be HAPPY.

http://noisefloor.org/?page_id=10

29 sounds
    24 posts

Hmm! You know, I have recorded many concerts where the conductor uses a baton, and I have never seen any conductor tap the music stand during a performance. I've seen them do that during rehearsal, and even then, they seem to get more results by shouting. If you can wait a few more days, I will grab a music stand and tap on it with a pencil.

[edit] it's not done to quiet the audience, i think, but to get the attention and eyes of the musicians.

37 sounds
    86 posts

thanks bro. thats what ill do. smile

Big help

3039 sounds
    476 posts

mkoenig
    OK Minidisc it is then.

Thanks you guys smile

Yeah anyone know a good mic.. I can spend over 100, but i was just trying to aim low.

That my goal in life aim low. lol

If you want it simple just search for 'lapel microphone' on eBay and get one. Plenty of them very cheap.

If you are into DIY you'll love (I do) this great binaural solution by freesounder Digifish:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,94446.0.html

795 sounds
    273 posts

I've read about many of the early musique concrete artists and how they amplified extremely tiny sounds many times to distort it. Sounds of things like insects, small animals, rocks and leaves and sand, and even simply air itself.

How can I do this, and what equipment would I need to use?

795 sounds
    273 posts

NO BITTORRENT!!! Bittorrent was just a good idea, it would be great IN THEORY but it ended up being completely useless, Just like communism, that idiot Carl Marx, how did he ever think that would work?

Anyways I don't want a bunch of brainless torrent-zombies running around freesound screaming "SEEEEEEEEEEEEEED PLLLLLLZZZ!!!" and besides it would be insane to start torrents going on the freesound server anyways because of bandwidth and everything

0 sounds
    3 posts

Well i'm totally new to the site....but the first thing i thought of was: THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SITES I EVER FOUND...but it really needs an image of the archive, torrents, dvd-packs, big ftp/mirrors.
    It's a pain to download sounds via web-interface and then realize thei're not what i expected.

A torrent-server could be paid through a user-fee? All i know is i just don't want to waste weeks sitting in front of a browser downloading masses of files manually. i think many users are searching for a library, not single sounds or little packs.

Or did i miss something? There's no FTP/Torrent for the whole archive right?

15 sounds
    135 posts

Bram
    1. there are (still plans) to support all CC licenses.

2. there are some concrete plans to do a lot more work on freesound

trouble is lack of time for all people involved with freesound (I mean, the "behind the scene" people)...

I know it's been a LONG time, but... please be patient smile

- bram

Cool. Its at great to know that you guys still want to do it at least.

0 sounds
    20 posts

Of all my videos I'm most proud of this one! I just finished it.
    It's funny: I have the best ideas when I'm totally exhausted, after 4 hours of sleep, and hungry...

All sounds and music are from this site smile

Huge thanks to davidincamas for the absolutely brilliant piano piece and the horn,

and to acclivity and lonemonk for the cheering and clapping sounds smile

I acknowledged everyone in the video's description and the video itself, hope you enjoy it!
    Please give me some of your opinions smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSu_NrI7hRU

117 sounds
    193 posts

I concur. The Zoom H2 is cheaper and in my mind easier to use. Unless you need phantom power and/or XLR inputs, I wouldn't bother with the H4. I have an iRiver H120 as well, but it is slowly dying on me.

The sony mics are pretty bad. (I use them all the time though) Use the built in mics in the Zoom until you can find a good combo. The suggestion by inchadney should not be overlooked. From what I've heard on-line and from other users is The OKM mics are wonderful.

0 sounds
    1 post

please if somebody could help me to find a lead synth also called a funky worm it's a often used on a west coast sons like dopeman(dr.dre) ghetto bird(ice cube)....so if someone knows where to find plese help :!:

37 sounds
    86 posts

OK Minidisc it is then.

Thanks you guys smile

Yeah anyone know a good mic.. I can spend over 100, but i was just trying to aim low.

That my goal in life aim low. lol

121 sounds
    1538 posts

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=44197
    and
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=44196

comon, someone, record yourself reading that description, and put it on freesound.
    someone else read the description of THAT person

- bram

121 sounds
    1538 posts

Yup, the microphones on those things are horrible, and they only record in VERY low bitrates (so they can say: "200 HOURS OF RECORDING!!!"wink.

Can someone recommend mkoenig a dirt cheam mic that's not too bad?

- bram

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hiya. I have a sample of an Argentine president making a speech, and I am wondering if anyone could polish it up a little so I can use it in Cubase? I am pretty new at this, so any help would be appreciated. The original sound-byte can be downloaded from my server. Since this is my first post I can't include the URL so if you can help me, please respond and I will include it in my reply. It is about 5 megs:

Also, since I have you ears and eyes: does anyone have a sample of Rumsfeld telling the press that you "don't get the military you want you get the military you have"?

Thanks

37 sounds
    86 posts

One more question.

Why not a cheap digital voice recorder that records to flash?

Are those "crap" ?

Thanks