Forums

2047 sounds
    1850 posts

On-screen-text sound effect ? , like in the movies ...

http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=2104

527 sounds
    651 posts

having a four people crew followingd me for three days just to film me while I recorded

Sounds like a real life "Lisbon Story".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbon_Story_(1994_film)

I look forward to it.

121 sounds
    1558 posts

deleted.

good point about deleting comments...
    I'll look into it!

- bram

121 sounds
    1558 posts

maybe we all should write such stuff down.

Actually, that would be a great idea for an additional forum on freesound, or a place in freesound2's wiki/docs!

By the way, I'll let you all know when the movie is finished.

Coooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

- Bram

0 sounds
    3 posts

Great idea, I'll look into it - thank you very much for that idea smile

3272 sounds
    490 posts

Spleencast

I sat for well over an hour outside in the snow on a windy exposed railway platform recording ambient station and train sounds in below freezing conditions.

Geez, your post took me out of a basically non-talkative mood...
    This might not be a consolation, but you are not alone in feeling yourself a bit... eccentric (nuts?). Just spend a few months in this 'hobby' (? ha!) and you'd fill a book with anecdotes, maybe we all should write such stuff down.

Like most of us, I've recorded in really weird - to say the least - circumstances during the last years. I've had arguments with people who simply couldn't understand why should I stay in the middle of nowhere doing nothing (their words). But the weirdest situation I have lived recently was having a four people crew followingd me for three days just to film me while I recorded !! Boy, this really makes you feel like a monster or something, weird experience indeed

By the way, I'll let you all know when the movie is finished.

D

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hello,
    I look for 1.5 years :? a sound for typewriter effect (computer telemetry).
    Most sounds which I find can to hear itself to like computers from the 60's.

In java there was the DATA text, but that is also too old Even if I looked for keyword scanner, I did not become found.

Perhaps someone knows a modern sound.

Thank you
    Many greet
    Hal9010

527 sounds
    651 posts

Hi Scott,

I'm sure Bram would remove it if you asked him nicely. It is a weird 'comment' to leave.

609 sounds
    274 posts

I just got someone making odd comment...

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=54889

...I think we should have the ability to remove comments from our own sounds where they are offensive or just plain odd.

42 sounds
    82 posts

Recorded the file and have submitted it for freesound approval. I'll post the link once approved or if you want to send me your email, I'll fire it off right away.

527 sounds
    651 posts

Does anybody here regularly endure uncomfortable conditions just to capture those perfect audio moments?

Oh yes,welcome to the world of field recording. Nightjars and damned midges come to mind. A hobby can become an obsession but at least you aren't hurting anyone else. Well that is what I keep telling myself anyway.

Keep it up. Get out and record. Crack some ice in ponds, walk on snow. Record people moaning about atrocious weather conditions, there aren't many Irish accents on Freesound. If I remember correctly there are only a few geotags in Ireland.

We await for more from you.

Regards

Ben

434 sounds
    231 posts

Thanks for hinting my sample smile The sample is recreated to sound like a military march. Been watching Full Metal Jacket several times recently.

46 sounds
    14 posts

I was going to use a station announcement for a game I was playing, But the uploader said I could not use the file because of copyright.

I thought I should use the file as Fair Use.

Who right me or the uploader?

46 sounds
    14 posts

I did read that, But the owner who upload the file said I could not use the file in my game I was using.

42 sounds
    82 posts

This sounds fun . . . I'll give it a try for you smile

13 sounds
    357 posts

See it's all about the result!!

Oh dear! I usually get rubbish results! :cry:

I'd convinced myself it was all about the journey, not the arriving. wootops:

Oh well, too old to change my philosophy now, but I'll muddle through somehow. :?

121 sounds
    1558 posts

I only have one question: can we hear the result?
    See it's all about the result!!

wink smile

- bram

18 sounds
    455 posts

Well, not with audio, but a few days ago, I went outside at 3 am in the freezing cold just to snap some photos of snow by moonlight tongue

0 sounds
    1 post

request for phrase ( Let it begin,let it begin, let it begin! )

in a very excited , crazy way , kind of like Rhino the Hamster from the Bolt movie youtube.com/watch?v=HhuewundDxc

this will be used for part of intro to podcast
    http://s4.postimage.org/11yEui.jpg

70 sounds
    134 posts

Hello everybody, this is my second post on freesound and I'm very glad to be here. smile

Today I missed my train due to icy snowy haily weather conditions, and since I had my gear with me anyhow I thought I'd make the best of an annoying situation and grab some ambient railway foley at Connolly Railway Station in Dublin. The nice Iarnród Éireann people let me onto the platform with my ticket for my missed train to record my audio, so thanks to them. smile

I sat for well over an hour outside in the snow on a windy exposed railway platform recording ambient station and train sounds in below freezing conditions. As I sat there with my headphones on, gradually becoming chilled to the bone, I kept asking myself "Why am I still here?" I mean, why didn't I head straight for someplace nice and comfy? I kept telling myself what an idiot I was being until my hands were so cold that I had incredible difficulty unplugging my stuff and putting it away. I'm still warming up from that with a hot water bottle right now.

I got some great stuff though. tongue

Last month I sat outside for an hour in the snow outside a railway freight depot, but at least the sun was shining. I kept thinking "This is a stupid hobby", but really, I'm sure I'm the one who's stupid, and not the hobby. smile

Does anybody here regularly endure uncomfortable conditions just to capture those perfect audio moments? Am I a lone idiot in a sea of sensible people? How much is too much?

I thank you for your input. smile