Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

hello, i was wondering if anybody can suggest a good synthesizer software for mac. i have a g4.
    thanks in advance
    cheers, m.

0 sounds
    123 posts

vedas
    Hey.
    Great offer! I don't need anything now, but one never knows when one might need some in the future. So, you can by all means do so and then I can use them when needed.
    Thanks!
    Just ask if you need ambient field sounds of this historic city and I'll try to go out and get them.

64 sounds
    4 posts

Hey.
    Just ask if you need ambient field sounds of this historic city and I'll try to go out and get them.

4 sounds
    47 posts

well, I too am into hip hop. so who are your influences?

0 sounds
    1 post

does anyone have footsteps on cement stairs or on a side walk. It could really help me.

Thank you

527 sounds
    651 posts

jhanlon it is not a matter of being a "clever dick" but a matter of of clarification of nuance. It was nothing personal. If you cannot be bothered to use the language you were taught correctly don't bleat.

527 sounds
    651 posts

Hi Zed Greetings from Wales welcome to freesound. I look forward to hearing your sounds. I thought your forwards would have pissed on the all blacks but so is life.

18 sounds
    456 posts

Hi Zed, welcome to freesound! smile I don't have very wacky stuff on here myself, but I sure like them. I read your post about the beehive, that should become an awesome recording! Have fun smile

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Great find brian!

Look at me.

77 sounds
    35 posts

For ants I'd recommend a contact microphone such as the Dolhin Ear Pro, particularly when recording inside an ant hill or nest. Inside a beehive IMHO a DPA 4060 is a good solution. Provide some kind of protective wrapping or a small foam wind screen or you might find your DPA unusable after the recording. Expect the bees to bump into your mic and consequently to have distortions in your recording.

good luck,

--Peter

0 sounds
    5 posts

what's the sort of mic id use for recording insects like ants and inside a beehive?

546 sounds
    351 posts

creeping death
    i click the play button , i listen to the sound , when the sound is finished , i expect a file the size mentioned to be there, but there isnt any...how come? and now because i cannot find the file , i have to download the sound using the download button...

Creeping, you need to understand that Playing a sound here via the Play button, is a totally different action to Downloading via the Download button.

Different buttons, different jobs.

"Play" allows you to hear a slightly low-fi version of a sound so you can then decide if you want to download the real thing.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

Mike

546 sounds
    351 posts

Yes, there is a difference in the pronunciation, that is exactly why I requested clarification,
    My wife has on occasion undertaken these sorts of requests for a female voice, but somehow I've just lost the incentive to ask her.

258 sounds
    355 posts

I'm not sure what youre asking. Could you explain a bit more. When you play a sound that has nothing to do with file size...meaning you shouldn't be seeing a file size. Sounds more like your are talking about uploading not down loading

0 sounds
    11 posts

acclivity

hi and yes thanks for the grammar lesson acclivity thanks for taking the time to reply with such knowledge and understanding of the english language! well done to you, give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it!!, if you could help me i'm sure i wouldn't want you too as i think if you have time on your hands to correct someones spelling, you would be of no use to me,
    however i think you know what i meant, irelivent of the spelling. you were just trying too be a clever dick.

benboncan

well done benboncan for jumping on the grammar bandwagon, maybe you and him should get married and share witty remarks with each other, "oh how we laughed at the person who made a spelling error, pimm's anyone".
    and really, is there any difference in the sound of your and you're ?

thanks again

0 sounds
    5 posts

ok i worked out the avatar bit; not the brightest spanner in the box today lol

0 sounds
    3 posts

i click the play button , i listen to the sound , when the sound is finished , i expect a file the size mentioned to be there, but there isnt any...how come? and now because i cannot find the file , i have to download the sound using the download button...

0 sounds
    5 posts

Hello all you freesoundproject peeps

I just joined and have been pouring over some of the samples; I particularly like the weird and the wonderful (I listened to the tibetan chant sample which was very dark and brooding, simply awesome) so if that's your bag do let me know and point me in the right directions

I have a new home studio setup which im getting to grips with, so I may come ask the odd technical/program/production question from time to time; all advice appreciated
    I do have some pretty wacky samples myself which i'll add to the site in due course.

you can never know too many good people I always say so feel free to say hello

Zed
    p.s where do I add my avatar on here btw?
    wootops:

497 sounds
    29 posts

I don't use Audacity but I use Steinberg's WaveLab 6.1, this is a great Editor and is coming soon for Mac Os !!

- Delphi

103 sounds
    195 posts

I totally agree with hammerklavier.

you could reduce the max amount of messages for every PMail box:
    in exchange, I would find useful a "save as text" function to easily save PMessages before deleting.

if the new site will offer the same "You have 1 new message" alert when one log in, I do not see the reason for ebots.