Forums

121 sounds
    1545 posts

did you close all other windows and tabs of your browser?

- bram

0 sounds
    3 posts

Well, I have all I need to hear the preview, but nothing happens after I click PLAY button.
    I have readed FAQ.

In the past everything was OK. Now PLAY doesn't play.
    Do you have any suggestions?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

6-chan wave files are definitely welcome!
    dts.wav I don't know if they are compatible right now, please do upload one (and let me know which one it is) so we can see if the engine processes it.
    ac3 isn't compatible right now, but freesound 2 (nightingale) will definitely support it.

- bram

26 sounds
    107 posts

What do you mean they are scratchy? can you provide an example? sounds like you may have forgotten the "mixing" part of "mixing and mastering". However, it's impossible to tell what's going on without more info.

0 sounds
    1 post

im looking for a ska style snare. a good example. dont know if its actually a ska snare but it sounds amazing is the snare on Good Morning by Kanye West.
    any help would be awesome.

1 sound
    2 posts

Hello all,

I do a lot of surround recording with various techniques and would like to know if surround material is welcome here. Possible upload formats would be 6-channel .wav files or preferably DTS.wav or AC3.

Ralf

338 sounds
    41 posts

done -> http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=3744

it's from a long time that I thought to update my "cartoonist pack", so i uploaded something similar : a selection of the funniest sounds i've synthesized and bounced, edited and remixed for the occasion. (maybe also) useful for games, cartoons, comedy, video and tunes as well... hope kids will have some fun! tongue

18 sounds
    456 posts

Yeah, that looks like a really fun machine! smile

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm on the search for a similar sound. maybe it could be called a reggae fog horn?
    it's all over the place in music, and mixes. DJ Green Lantern uses it heavily, especially on his GTA IV mix.
    any help would be great.

4 sounds
    10 posts

Here u go mate. Try these out. i dunno if there any good to ya but u never know.....
    delete

43 sounds
    8 posts

I've posted a few seamlessly loopable water sounds, including some nice lapping shore waves:

http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=523848

Cheers,
    Sinatra314

121 sounds
    1545 posts

superb!!

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

this is turning into a chat rather than a forum, but... smile

freesound 2 will have all help/faq inside a custom wiki with limited editing (i.e. only certain people will be able to edit).
    but that would be a great place for HOWTO's and articles (all the articles are moving to the wiki as well)

- Bram

338 sounds
    41 posts

really interesting :idea:

fortunately i just get my vacation!!! (wahooo!!), so i have some spare time to dedicate

...count me in! (i'm already @ work)

98 sounds
    44 posts

ya that is a good idea

18 sounds
    456 posts

Prob on recording and mixing.
    We could have a freesound wiki with stuff like that. Good idea, yes, no?

18 sounds
    456 posts

Also the sea is a pretty big thing. I think there's no way you can get its magnitude in one recording. You may wish to play around with closer recordings of splashing waves, distant recordings of waves roaring, very distant recording of just a soupy buzz and stuff like that.
    Especially on 5.1 rigs you should get cool, surfin' results that way.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

Hello all,

here's a very unusual and cool sample request!

http://www.freesound.org/blog/?p=16

let me know if you make anything.

- Bram

52 sounds
    10 posts

Hi jcy,

jcy
    I really need some "real" sounding wave/sea/ocean and wind samples.

Maybe you already found what you were looking for, anyway you may be interested in the Iceland collection I just uploaded: lots of sea, water, wind there smile and it's all "real" field-recording:
    http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=3693

jcy
    All the ones I find are unfortunately low bitrate, not long enough in length (a loop is often recognisable) or synthetic sounding.

Please keep in mind that what you play from the site is always compressed (i.e. have a look at the Type info in the sound's info to know the real format). There are a couple of sea takes of about 2 mins. in the above collection... I guess that may be long or short depending on what you are after.
    Kindest regards,
    Lorenzo

606 sounds
    276 posts

zeekwab
    I have a sound file here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/853f1d/n/1d_wav

In the sound file, there's two things on top of each other: something sounding vaguely like music, and a beep. There's also a short beep at the end, but I do NOT mean that last short beep. I mean the beeping sound that is there during around 80% of the time.

I'd like to keep only that beeping sound and remove the rest.

I tried with audacity low and high pass filter as well as noise removal. I could make it a "little bit" better that way, but in fact totally don't succeed.

Is there a way to keep only the beep, crystal clear, and have all the rest removed?

How's this...

www.digifishmusic.com/public/sounds/Freesound_1d.wav

...but there is an old saying, you can't polish a turd smile