Forums

76 sounds
    32 posts

AlienXXX
    JustinBW, thanks for the very detailed reply.
    Is there any way of requesting this sound to be deleted from Freesound?
    If there is no easy way of checking it is copyright legal, to avoid issues and, as a matter of principle and good practice, I think it should be deleted.

I already contacted a moderator, but i reckon thats the fastest way to get things resolved.

and i agree with all you have said.

1871 sounds
    2062 posts

JustinBW, thanks for the very detailed reply.
    Is there any way of requesting this sound to be deleted from Freesound?
    If there is no easy way of checking it is copyright legal, to avoid issues and, as a matter of principle and good practice, I think it should be deleted.

0 sounds
    1 post

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I'm new here.

I need some music for my animation. I just need something in the background.

my animation is going to be about a little girl who is sitting at a kitchen table. She has a plate of cookies in front of her. As soon as she goes to grab a cookie, her sister comes and grabs it. Then she tries to get another one and gets beaten out my different people until there's only one left. She takes the last cookie and a bug comes out of it. The little girl starts giggling and she likes the cute bug. Then she splits the cookie in half, half for her half for the bug. So it's kind of a story about sharing.

I just need some background music for my animation. Something cute and simple.. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY links or suggestions?? Or any you can give me would be appreciated!

0 sounds
    4 posts

Good luck on your project! That seems like a great idea...

0 sounds
    4 posts

I also use the firefox add on, and it works great. I just save it to my hard drive then edit the audio...

0 sounds
    4 posts

Great to see that you got what you wanted!

Koan, that poem's really nice. Who wrote it?

0 sounds
    4 posts

I think that is fairly easy..most of those sounds are readily available online.

0 sounds
    18 posts

aw man these are great ill for sure use them and let u know when i do

if anyone can do a DJ'ish drop for me that would be sweet too

76 sounds
    32 posts

AlienXXX

If the sample comes from the game (via in-game recording or simply copying the sample file) then it would be an infringement of copyright. No?

You are correct. If this was indeed from the game stated, this is unlawful to distribute the sounds.

Here is part of the EULA (which everyone agrees to when playing a game) from a major software company, and most if not all have a clause similiar:

AlienXXX

Should it not have been rejected by the moderators on that basis?

No doubt, I would be curious to hear why a MOD would let that through. Unless there was a special license agreement with that game in question, though I would doubt that.

Benboncan
    Not necessarily, If you explore game discs you will come across a folder or cab full of the sounds used in the game. My kids have mined these for ringtones, so perhaps this sample is similar.

Though that is seemingly harmless, it could be against the EULA of the game; and probably is. A lot of game companies have specific barriers to doing just that. Usually any compiled data (or non) is restricted from being decompiled by the licensee (you the game buyer and user).

For instance (from a major game company's EULA:

The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. You may not decompile, modify, reverse engineer, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on the Software.....

I would think a ringtone might be a derivative work. Though I have never heard of a game company coming after someone for putting some audio from the game in a ring tone or something similar; just something to point out.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello, I'm quite new in this forum, I think this is wonderful, to post not only what you see but what you heart. It's quite useful for people like me... Then I need to find out samples of tumbas, congas, bongo, batas; I mean, cuban percussion instruments: could someone help me with this please.. Thanks a lot

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello!

I'm not very picky just need a vocal sample of a sexy woman saying "Tronsic Radio"

Again anything and everything is appreciated, this place is amazing!

Thank you!

1871 sounds
    2062 posts

Thanks for your comments guys... However, I guess my question is still not answered sad

If the sample comes from the game (via in-game recording or simply copying the sample file) then it would be an infringement of copyright. No?

I do not have the game, so I cannot check if the sound is what it claims to be.
    It is perhaps a rethorical question. But, if the sound description is true, then the sound is an infringement. Should it not have been rejected by the moderators on that basis?

527 sounds
    651 posts

If this was a sample ........ from the game, it wouldn't sound so clean

Not necessarily, If you explore game discs you will come across a folder or cab full of the sounds used in the game. My kids have mined these for ringtones, so perhaps this sample is similar.

3190 sounds
    316 posts

Hi,
    We were able to give these a try:
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84875
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84874
    Please let me know if we can do them any differently or if you would like anything else.
    Thanks!

3190 sounds
    316 posts

Hi,
    We tried this out for you:
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84879
    If you need it another way, please let me know!

0 sounds
    3 posts

I would really appreciate it if someone could record a soft, sexy, smooth female voice reciting the following short poem in a slow and thoughtful manner. I'll be using it for a deep, ambient project between 100-120 bpm. I'm trying to capture a smooth, chill-out, hypnotic quality to the track. Thanks a lot! Here's the poem...

What if you slept?
    And what if
    In your sleep
    You dreamed?
    And what if
    In your dream
    You went to heaven?
    And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower
    And what if
    When you awoke
    You had that flower in you hand?
    Ah,...what then?

Thanks! smile

18 sounds
    455 posts

Hm, I don't know, it seems there have been rumors about the game saying the Master Chief does not die in the game and that possibly sparked people to create fake content to prove that he does die. If this was a sample recorded from the game, it wouldn't sound so clean (and fake tongue ) so I'm not sure about it.

0 sounds
    3 posts

Mybad, sorry man...

1871 sounds
    2062 posts

Hello,

Looking at the description seems to me like a potential copyright infringement.
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84527

Can someone check, please?

Thanks

975 sounds
    145 posts

ahhhh sounds nice, I Live Up In Northgate.... We SHould Get Coffee sometime...