Forums

163 sounds
    71 posts

That kind of quiet murmur in the background is exactly what I'm looking for, but there's a really weird catch - the audiodrama takes place in Chicago, AND the bad guys are solely English men. So while those two clips would work beautifully, it'd also sound like the bar was filled with bad guys. Hee.

Just my luck that North American bars tend to be noisier, eh?

527 sounds
    651 posts

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=62862

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=67771

Try using pub as well as bar in search.

163 sounds
    71 posts

I'm looking for a very specific background ambiance for an audiodrama setting. The characters spend quite a bit of time in a small bar, which has very few people inside it.

So I'm looking for a small crowd. A bit of quiet murmuring. They can be anywhere, as long as they're indoors. I'm after at least 2 minutes.

Thanks so much for any help/suggestions you can give.

2044 sounds
    1846 posts

Robotic (but not deep) ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=85273

1873 sounds
    2071 posts

Hello jivatma07

I am sorry your initial post has slipped through unanswered. That is quite unnusual.
    I am not a moderator nor am I familiar with AHX, although I did quite a lot of music in the Amiga in my younger days.

As I understand it, you have to synthesize the sounds in AHX, using basic waveforms (sine, square, triangle, saw, etc) and other elements such as envelops and possibly filters.
    This means that the sounds you create are your own, unless you are using presets created by someone else.
    Using synths (or softsynths) for samples in Freesound is acceptable, provided you are not using presets. I post a lot of samples created with VST synths, which are simply software synthesizers.
    I believe there are some restrictions around the use of wavetable synths, since the wavetable is essentially a set of small samples, but I am not sure. In any case, this would not apply to the "basic" waveforms used by AHX (sine, square, etc) as those are not copyrighted.

Hope this answers your concerns and that the sounds don't need to me removed.
    If this still does not answer all your concerns, please keep asking questions, I am sure one of the Mods will pick it up.

1873 sounds
    2071 posts

Guys, I can't make a promise to provide that sound but...
    Months ago, playing with some VST synths I came up with something that, to me at least, sounded very similar.

I have saved it somewhere, so as soon as I find it I will post it on freesound.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello to all samples maniacs.

My request is a bit strange.

Boondock Saints movie : there are 2 parts that would interest me a lot. Actually, only the vocal part.

1. 35:15-35:50 ( roughly ) - The boys are walking on a street towards the hotel after they got their weapons. I want the background music or to better put it - the choir ( gregorian chant ? )
    2. 1:17:14(15) - 1:19:xx - Starting with the detective which says : For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon. And the previous 4-5 seconds. Same as above, I'm only interested in the choir ( something in latin )

If you cannot help me find the names of the songs or the names of the choirs, it would be great to help me with some sites from which I could download for free or per cost vocal choirs latin samples or something similar to that.

I really need something.

Kudos to all and happy creation.

P.S. : I already bought the OST of the movie but there is only a tehno remix with those chants.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Umm im not really an expert on poetry...

What kind of song are you looking for?

0 sounds
    1 post

i was wanting the same thing,ive been searching everywhere for the cylon sound

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi Friends,

this is kolanji... i need one beautiful melody sound... i have made one poem presentationa and i have to put one beautiful beckround music for that

thanks
    kolanji

0 sounds
    4 posts

OK Thx so much Timbre! At first it wouldnt work but i tried lowering the low pass filter cutoff frequency heaps and it worked!!! THX AGAIN! :lol:

Edit: Also one more thing plz grin do you know of any free programs that can progressively undo the low pass filter back to normal?

2044 sounds
    1846 posts

Hooded505
    Hi my name is Loki
    Im looking for a tutorial on how to make all sounds soud dull and soft after an explosion has gone off near someone's ear.

Cut back the high frequencies and it will sound dull and muffled, e.g. low pass filter, equalization.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hi my name is Loki

hopefully this thread hasnt gone dead but..

Im looking for a tutorial on how to make all sounds soud dull and soft after an explosion has gone off near someone's ear.

Example can be found here www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PbXBofeAo just skip forward to 1:48.

Thx in advance! grin

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi,

oh yes, it works in Firefox. Thank you.

This is the section to report bugs, though?

In my IE8 it is not possible to download the file other than as .html. Does it work for you under IE8?

Ann.

2044 sounds
    1846 posts

The FAQ does does suggest if all else fails try another browser ...

# if the only thing that fails is the actual download, try right-click + save-as on the download link
    # if all else fails, try Firefox

http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74

I've tried clicking on all the wrong menu options and I cannot reproduce the ".html" you're getting,
    so I don't know what's going wrong, sorry.

22 sounds
    88 posts

Hello, Good Evening,

why is noone answering my Thread here or deleting the Sounds, that i wanted to be deleted?

I don't want to stay them in the Freesound Database, if they are violating the Rules of Freesound!

Thank you,
    Ingo

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi, yes I did check FAQs and used the search function. I did also see that thread.

My problem is not that I cannot download. My problem is that it downloads the file as an .html and not as an .mp3 or .wav as it should.

I did not see an explanation let alone a solution for this problem in the thread linked by you above? But perhaps I am just misunderstanding?

2044 sounds
    1846 posts

Tried FAQ ? ... http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi,

Possibly just a beginner question/problem:

For some reason the right click download only downloads an .htm file.

When I try to open it (double click) I get garbled symbols. What do I need to do to download files as mp3 or wav?

Thanks,

Ann.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Corsica_S
    Hi,
    We took a try at this for you:
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=85037
    Please let me know if you were thinking of something different and we will try again.
    Thanks.

grin Thanks Corsica and give ya girl a nice big smooch for me. This will work. grin