Forums

2 sounds
    1 post

I'm trying to upload 3 files. I can get to the sub-sub directory off my Desktop where the files are located, but no file names at all show up there, so there is nothing I can upload.

What's up? (Pun intended.)

I was able to successfully upload a file last week, but can't now...I believe I'm doing it the right way, and the same as before, but something won't let me see the specific files on my side of the upload applet, nor allow me to upload any files to the right-hand window of the applet ("your side"wink.

Please help!

0 sounds
    2 posts

i prefer the mouse organ too

cheers for your replies guys, ill look into them.

Dunk

0 sounds
    2 posts

nemoDaedalus
    Hm, maybe it can be done using archive.org? They have a player which can be embedded, dor example see [here].

Thank you, I'll check this out.

smile

0 sounds
    2 posts

Can also add a question istead of creating an another topic.

I've downloaded files from this webbsite that I want to use it in a video I'm creating in Windows Movie Maker, but the problem is that I can't get the files into Windows Movie Maker. The files are saved as a playlist in Windows Media Player if that could help you.

It would be nice of you to help med with this question, also.

0 sounds
    2 posts

I have a very easy and quick question. Can I use this link to give someone attribution for their work?

http://www.freesound.org/usersAttribution.php?id=1574711&format=html

2 sounds
    6 posts

3 days and the upload is still not showing.t I used file zilla and I described the file
    and tagged it but still nothing shows on the" your data" page
    Installed firefox and enabled java and the applet won't work
    either.

18 sounds
    455 posts

Hm, maybe it can be done using archive.org? They have a player which can be embedded, dor example see [here].

0 sounds
    5 posts

I need a sexy female voice for a few of my mixtapes..script should say Shawn D blazin a trail on your radio dail! & Shawn D in the mix

121 sounds
    1563 posts

no worries, everything was restored, nothing was lost (except a FEW uploads from the last week, but those users have been notified)
    going to add a news item wink

- Bram

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hello
    Is it possible to stream sounds on freesound.org? Like youtube, with a link which one can embed in his website.

Or if not, does somebody know a music-website with such feature?

Thanks

Olaf

975 sounds
    145 posts

I am actually sad that Freesound was a victim to the hackers today. It's like the one that got arrested in France for getting information via twitter. And do you have a back up of everything? It seems like the hacker world is growing into a maniacal society again : ( Again I think that sucks but I'm glad everything's ok!

0 sounds
    3 posts

mmm... wrong forum, any mod could move this?

sorry. wootops:

0 sounds
    3 posts

this site is really great! I added some samples to my work, it's better now cool

Episode 18 is about the legend of Donají and include samples from ingeos and homejrande. You can hear it at http://cuentos.confusion.com.mx

Now I will include samples from here :wink:

0 sounds
    3 posts

me too :roll:

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi Dunk,

The project sounds interesting. Come check out my voice over demos: www.davidtyler.com

David

2074 sounds
    1862 posts

Cat piano ?, I prefer the mouse organ ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nGyPz9uT0 smile

But seriously, Freesound voice talents Shawshank73 and Alphahog have done similar readings in the past,
    (but haven't posted for months).

2074 sounds
    1862 posts

It is possible to pitch-shift chimes & bells to any pitch you want using free software like Audacity.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hey all

For a final university project I require a male voice over to read a poem that will be the narration to the animation.

The Poem to read can be found here:

www.catpianofilm.com/media/#poem

The project is a sound re-make of the award winning "cat piano" which can be found here for reference:

www.catpianofilm.com/watch-the-film/

The chosen voice over shall be used within the piece which will be used at a showcase in which the creators of this piece shall be present. Therefore all credit for the voice over will go to the person who created it, which could mean good things for you.

Many thanks for your help.

Dunk smile

0 sounds
    1 post

I am trying to find wav's or beats in each note for bells and chimes, example: bell sound in notes, C, D, E ect., same for chime sounds. Thanks for any help you can give me.

1970 sounds
    2131 posts

Hello FREITOJOS,

There are two types of amplification "effects".
    1) gain increase
    2) Amp simulation

1) gain increase can be done on a sound editor. Some DAWs have a built-in effect that can do a simple gain increase.
    This has the effect of increase the volume of the signal, but also the volume of any noise present in the recording.

2) Amp simulators can also increase gain, but the main intention of using an amp simultion VST is to introduce to the sound the coloration associated with some amps. These will usually have non-linear responses and produce "soft clipping" or "overdrive" of the signal when pushed.
    This type of amp simulator VST is usually intended to be used on guitars and for normal purposes needs to be followed by a cabinet simulator (which simulates the speaker cabinet). Some amp sims have a cabinet built in, others require an external one.

Now, I believe none of the above really solves your problem. For two reasons:
    First, a low level signal may also contain s relatively strong noise signal. Amplification by effects will bring both signal and noise up and will normally result in a sound that contains too much noise to be usable.

Worse, if the sound is recorded and digitized at low level, only the lowest bits of the digital audio get used, with most bits being empty.
    So essentially, although the sound was recorded as, say, 16 bits since the signal is too loaw and most of the bits are not used the result is that effectively the signal would perdorm as if it was say 8 bits. Amplidication of this signal by digital means will introduce artifacts due to the low bit depth.

I might be wrong, and an effect may indeed solve your problem. Have a look at www.kvraudio.com and search for amp effects. Download a couple of free ones and try them out.
    If that does not help you will need to boost your signal before it gets digitized. This could mean a better mic, a better sound card with a built in pre-amp or an external pre-amp.