inchadney
    RHumphries
    Vann Westfold
    MatteusNova

Title of the song says it all.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7186709

37 sounds
    44 posts

And yet another way that works for Firefox 3.0.5.

Install NoScript and turn off all scripting on the Freesound site.
    Right click on the Download button. Select the Copy Link Location item.
    Open a new tab, paste the address and hit enter.
    A window will come up that is wanting to play, but blocked by NoScript.
    Right click on the window and select Save Link As from the menu.
    This will bring up a dialog allowing you to save the file.

121 sounds
    1546 posts

http://www.freesound.org/blog/?p=10

- Bram

121 sounds
    1546 posts

http://www.freesound.org/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile

- bram

0 sounds
    1 post

How do I change my e-mail address for this forum?

The box I originally used to register will close soon.

0 sounds
    31 posts

Can anybody tell me what is the program used to generate the colored waveform pics attached to each sound here on the forum ?

0 sounds
    1 post

I think it's just talking sped up a lot. So just record you rambling on and then speed it up and see what happens. I could be wrong though.

0 sounds
    2 posts

acclivity
    Firstly, xnotic, it would probably help if you tell us a) what is the file you have downloaded from Freesound, and b) can you play it by any other means?

Mike

Thanx Mike but I fixed what I was doing wrong. I was saving the wrong file type.

546 sounds
    351 posts

Firstly, xnotic, it would probably help if you tell us a) what is the file you have downloaded from Freesound, and b) can you play it by any other means?

Mike

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hello everyone,

Im a newb here but I already think this site rocks. I do have a question though and it may seem stupid to some but I am not what you say technology inclined but I do my best. I have downloaded a dragon wallpaper for my desktop ( its freakin awsome) and when I log onto windows and the dragon pops up I would like for it to play a dragon sound and I have found the perfect one on here and I have already downloaded it but I cant get it to play when i log onto windows. I believe the file type is wrong or whatever so if there is ayone who could help me figure this out I would really appreciate it.

29 sounds
    2 posts

I'm going to give it a shot

1 sound
    1 post

I want to use this as a start-up on my PC

606 sounds
    276 posts

DJ SPACEBEAR
    What is the best for field recording, 1x stereo microphone or 2x mono microphones?

In most cases you have more control with a stereo microphone, but i think you can be more creative with a pair of mono microphones because you can make i wider stereo image if you put some distance between them, or put them close together to make a more compact stereo image, or in different positions to make a more experimental sound.

I use both. My favourite single point stereo mic is the Rode NT4, fits nicely in a blimp and is easy to carry around...

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=44480

I also use a pair of AT3032 omni mics as a spaced pair or baffled as I did here...

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=57668

Overall the NT4 is much more convenient. If I had to choose, I would go single point stereo. But that would be sad smile

digifish

0 sounds
    6 posts

You know that sound in cartoons where someone's on the phone and they speak normally but you hear the person on the other side as high-pitched nonsense?

Yeah. I need that.

Or, if it's possible to do it on my own I would like some advice on how to edit it (all I have is Audacity).

Thanks!

37 sounds
    44 posts

I downloaded the latest firefox (3.0.5) source from the mozilla site, unpacked it, configured it, and compiled it. It still doesn't work to right click, but if I hold a shift key down and left click, it comes up with a dialog that allows me to download the file (or play it if I choose). Closer! It actually works to get the file directly.

I had a quick look at the source for 2.0.0.4 and 3.0.5, trying to find the difference that makes the difference and can't see anything. The function that does the download is almost identical, and reverting the changes has no effect. Firefox is a complex chunk of code and it is not easy to determine what is happening without really digging and getting familiar with program flow. The "save link target as..." command was dropped between the two versions and the code was eliminated. I think this was part of the refactoring between the versions.

Some progress anyway.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

1 attempt, 1 upload. Worked perfectly.

121 sounds
    1546 posts

let me know how that goes...

- bram

975 sounds
    145 posts

nope.... that's pretty much what torrents and newsgroups are for..... damn sample monkeys.....

Have you ever played perfect world online? Pretty Rad.....Sorta.....

Please don't respond asking for pirated and stolen material. That's what P.A.T. is for..... : (

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Been using the applet.

Trying filezilla right now... so far so good, 62% and counting... much easier, never using applet again, thanks again!