Forums

251 sounds
    94 posts

Hi all, not wishing to be a spammer but I've updated my blog and it does concern sound. I've had quite a good response from people on here in the past so thought I would bring it to light once again:

http://joebellsound.blogspot.com/

thanks, I'll shut up now wink

251 sounds
    94 posts

ah, shame - oh well, live and learn. Next year can have better recording

251 sounds
    94 posts

Applause for fantastic Freesound.org - I'm a proud user of this site and rejoice in what FreeSound represents.

I've recently started working in the video on demand industry and it seems that most believe that in the future most video content will be advertising supported - including TV, music videos and films. The same situation could be possible for music audio, but the path is less clear due to obstinate major labels. It seems freesound can proposer under this model and is well prepared for the future, so with the consumption of media going the way it is and with Bram at the helm, I have a strong faith things will be ok for Freesound.

251 sounds
    94 posts

good work cool

4677 sounds
    376 posts

You might have to change the USB class setting from storage to microphone. It's either one or the other. It should be in the menu of the unit.

For some reason live monitoring with USB devices seems to be difficult...

527 sounds
    651 posts

Ok, I am not that familiar with FL Studio but how about playing the tune in FL Studio while recording your voice in Edison. Though you might have to change your audio I/O settings in FL so it might not work on second thoughts because you would not be able to hear the music. Worth looking in to maybe ?

0 sounds
    11 posts

Hi,

I am currently making very short abstract movies of approximately 1 minute duration. At the moment I am using sampled sounds and making my own scores. It's ok. I don't really want to use copy righted music for obvious reasons and so am looking for a composer who would be interested in collaborating with me on my movies now and into the future. The sort of sound I am looking for is of course something unusual, atmospheric and evocative and the kind of sounds I like best are electronic/ambient. These are the people I like :- Plaid, Brian Eno, Angelo Badalamenti, Tangerine Dream, Biosphere. Anything cosmic, futuristic, haunting, atmospheric. If you are looking to pair up with someone who wants to give people a big sensory experience - visual, auditory, psychological, then please get in touch. I have original ideas and thoughts, will keep on searching till I find someone who together, we can create magic and not a collapsed souflee!

121 sounds
    1545 posts

I deleted the online users on the front page because it is repeated on the forum page, and it was taking too much time/space.

- Bram

0 sounds
    123 posts

Bram
    Matthew Galtress,

I believe this was replied by both me and Xavier Serra, MTG's director. Freesound will never charge for content. In the future we *might* charge for other things, but we will never charge for content. I.e. you will always be able to use freesound, download and upload sounds, for free.

One example of commercial usage could be: if we make some kind of way where companies can access Freesound's content via an API, we might charge for commercial usage of this API. For example, say that there would be a freesound browser inside Cubase, we might charge Seinberg for allowing this. This is just an example so you understand, not a real example!

Both Xavier and me firmly believe that charging for content is an archaic way of thinking about media that will soon go the way of the dinosaurs.

I - Bram

am assured by that answer. I know that user Sampleconstruct is also a user on soundsnap, and on soundanp Sampleconstruct actively applauded such an act. I send you a message stating that my downloads had been whiped, well they have now been restored! Happy days! grinWhere as the 'online users' section gone? Or is no one logged on.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

Matthew Galtress,

I believe this was replied by both me and Xavier Serra, MTG's director. Freesound will never charge for content. In the future we *might* charge for other things, but we will never charge for content. I.e. you will always be able to use freesound, download and upload sounds, for free.

One example of commercial usage could be: if we make some kind of way where companies can access Freesound's content via an API, we might charge for commercial usage of this API. For example, say that there would be a freesound browser inside Cubase, we might charge Seinberg for allowing this. This is just an example so you understand, not a real example!

Both Xavier and me firmly believe that charging for content is an archaic way of thinking about media that will soon go the way of the dinosaurs.

- Bram

0 sounds
    1 post

Check it out:

http: //soundcloud.com/atomicskunk/winters-gift-the-chamber

I used the following:

Wind howling.wav :: (12:47) :: Stereo recording. Air being sucked up an empty... added by Benboncan
    TreeHouseDuringWindStorm.mp3 :: (11:13) :: This is the sound of tree branches rubbing... added by daveincamas
    walkinginsnow.aif :: (4:37) :: Stereo recording with two omni mics of me... added by Spandau
    creaky-old-door.mp3 :: (0:14) :: Open and close a old creaky door. added by nawerwohl02
    chimney fire.wav :: (1:35) :: Fire in our chimney, pieces of wood crackling... added by reinsamba
    craftsman_ratchet_one_crank.wav :: (0:01) :: Medium Craftsman ratchet tightening a nut, one... added by atomota
    SleighBellsPass1.wav :: (0:55) :: A one horse open sleigh drives past your home... added by daveincamas

All comments welcome

0 sounds
    2 posts

Etoile

Would you want an echo effect as well?
    ~Reine~

Yes
    Tnx Y

R:

1 sound
    51 posts

Honestly this didn't work for me, but thank you for trying! Might anyone else have something by chance?

It's too hard to describe what I want so I'd just like to see what someone can come up with.

18 sounds
    456 posts

Nothing might give meaning to itself, that doesn't mean it has no meaning. Even "nothing" has a meaning, for if there wasn't nothing, there wouldn't be anything else either.

I came to think about a similar matter. I had a conversation the other day about absolute happiness. We thought maybe that was synonymous with absolute freedom. I thought if you had absolute freedom, you could choose to do whatever you wanted to do. (Also see xkcd) And that could mean that what you choose to do is the purpose you're here.
    Paradox: if you'd have the freedom to do whatever you want, you could choose not to be free.

0 sounds
    10 posts

Actually it seems to be working fine on Audacity now but it still hasnt solved my problem i.e. of trying to sync my vocals to a tune at the same time or sing along to it .

0 sounds
    11 posts

I've had some VA work before doing a villain, so I'll give it a go sometime.
    Would you want an echo effect as well?
    ~Reine~

0 sounds
    10 posts

Benboncan
    Hi,
    You could use the H2 as an USB audio interface. That means you can record directly on to the computer through the Zoom. Works fine on XP and Vista.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/H2_user_manual.pdf Page 73

Thanks, I tried that and the pc recognising it i.e. i get IF display with bars fluctating for L/R , but its not being picked up when I try Fl Studio or Audacity i.e. the volumes bars dont fluctate like on the H2 when I talk.

The iso4all or whatever its called is updated so Im bit confused ,whats going on

Its set 44.1 khz freq too. : (

103 sounds
    195 posts

thanks for the link, I didn't see this documentary weirdhock:

but I've seen twice "The Wild Blue Yonder" or "Requiem for a Dying Planet"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443693/
    a unique scifi movie in the unique style of Herzog. maybe some of the incredible underwater scenes in the movie were filmed on the same locations of the documentary...

and lend your ear to the music in "The Wild Blue Yonder"
    http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0zfuxqlrldje
    Ernst Reijsiger created a very intense mood writing notes for chamber strings and a group of Tenores,
    a very old tradition from Sardegna (2nd great island of Italia), here the most famous group, "Tenores di Bitti":
    http://www.tenoresdibitti.com/esempiengl.htm

253 sounds
    86 posts

dobroide
    I share Monty Python's point of view on the subject:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085959/

Lol. For sure.

"Lifes a piece of shit... When you look at it..."

It is just like everything else an individual encounters: It exists only the context of the person experiencing it. I don't think life itself posses any meaning. "Meaning" is given to it in as many ways (And through as many concepts) as there are people who are alive. Some things give meaning to other things, but nothing gives meaning to itself (Besides the soul/self/mind that is. But many argue that that process is ultimately fruitless as well).

0 sounds
    123 posts

Yes, recently, another sound sharing website, soundsnap, bit the dust by asking its membership to pay for downloading more than 5 samples a month. I reckon that soon our site will be one of the only ones who offer sound effects for free. I don't think we can stand for this grotesque attitude; we are in a global recession aren't we? Anyway, I am pleased that Bram is keeping this site free. Bram, I cannot extend my thanks to you enough. Keep up the good work! There might be some things we disagree on, but this is not one. Can you reassure us once and for all that this will be the case?
    Please reply, I would be interested to know your views.

Cheers.