Forums

435 sounds
    344 posts

HenrikRClausen
    Hmm, this is getting a tad more complex than I thought...

Now, the CD is with the magazine in any case, and we certainly don't need to use the FreeSound samples for promotional purposes. We have other great stuff on the CD, including a full version of a completely different program, and I don't think the Freesound samples will even be mentioned on the cover. I'll happily make sure they are NOT promoted on the cover. Not that I think non-promotion is good for Freesound, but these are the rules that the authors have committed their samples under, and we play by them.

The work we create with it is an article showing how to give Windows new, interesting sounds. We will in any case point to Freesound.

As for a donation smile - Well, since you guys are doing a great job that I personally approve of - I think the current copyright system is deeply broken - that seems well deserved.

Well, personally i can't see anything wrong in putting the sounds on a cd, if they aren't mentioned on the front. Then there's no way it can be for advertising purposes.

And i have to admit, i've done my share of Komputer reading grin

0 sounds
    2 posts

How make a correct attribution?

I Write in the credits the name of creator sound

and Make a link of the licensing

any more?

For example:

CREDITS:

creators of Sound used in this game:

guitarguy1985
    DJ Chronos
    and
    Kyster

of the www.freesound.org
    Under licence: http://www.freesound.org/legal.php

this is the way?

Thank you very much for reply grin

0 sounds
    1 post

I've been using the Marantz PMD620 for almost a year with excellent results. Great ambient field recording (ocean) - clean indoor results (Irish pub) and decent interview exchange with on-board mics, but better results with external mic for that. There's a comprehensive review over at transom.org.

good luck!

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hmm, this is getting a tad more complex than I thought...

Now, the CD is with the magazine in any case, and we certainly don't need to use the FreeSound samples for promotional purposes. We have other great stuff on the CD, including a full version of a completely different program, and I don't think the Freesound samples will even be mentioned on the cover. I'll happily make sure they are NOT promoted on the cover. Not that I think non-promotion is good for Freesound, but these are the rules that the authors have committed their samples under, and we play by them.

The work we create with it is an article showing how to give Windows new, interesting sounds. We will in any case point to Freesound.

As for a donation smile - Well, since you guys are doing a great job that I personally approve of - I think the current copyright system is deeply broken - that seems well deserved.

1628 sounds
    110 posts

smile Fantastic atmosphere and imagination created from nothing interesting. Gratulacje!

0 sounds
    15 posts

Hey there guys and thank everyone for their sounds.
    Enjoy the flick:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVeM5_-GCj4

0 sounds
    3 posts

thanx a lot guys!!! both variants are cool!

2045 sounds
    1848 posts

Alphahog did a version of this ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84112

[maybe he forgot to post a link]

28 sounds
    3 posts

hi! i like what you made from the loops! good stuff, cya round

28 sounds
    3 posts

the song hampster death was pretty cool, nice work on loops mate

548 sounds
    351 posts

Here you are ...

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84398

Mike

0 sounds
    18 posts

Hi. I need a 3-4 people (male) for voice acting in my machinima. (I need true voice's, not computer). Somebody can help me?
    This is an examples of my of my previous machinima's:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P03jAZu4myI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NCOKmUYwo

0 sounds
    18 posts

can someone please make me a sample of a cool dude or a sexy woman voice saying these two things -

Bryan Bassett (bassett is pronounced like the basset hound)
    and
    Bryan Bassett productions

0 sounds
    6 posts

thanks for that... sounds like a fun challenge wink

0 sounds
    1 post

Oswald is releasing their followup single "Flying To The Ground" in February 2010 and offering you the chance to submit your own remix of the track. All of the submitted tracks will be uploaded to the Oswald official website, where fans will vote on their favorite remix.

"If we, the bands management, agree with the outcome of the voting then we will actually release it as part of the digital bundle to all major online retailers including iTunes, which will not only give you massive exposure but financial rewards too! If your remix is one of the ones chosen, you will receive 15% of all sales revenue generated from your remix."

www.official.oswaldtheband.com/oswald-remix-competition

Oswald is a three-piece rock band from Glasgow in Scotland. Inspired by his dad's eclectic and "awesome" record collection, front man Tom writes songs with as broad a brush as any sonically mature outfit would, covering the strident melodies of The Rolling Stones to The Hours, with a sense of epicness akin to U2.

Unsurprising then that former U2 A&R Nick Stewart found in Oswald a sound which he describes as being "the real deal". Being exposed to different music in their collective adolescence, Oswald instantly hit on a big pop sound which, while being gentle, has a commanding lyrical and melodious clout; putting their songs carefully between confident and the vulnerable.

3192 sounds
    316 posts

Hi, we took a try at it:
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=84237
    Let me know if you need it to be different or whatever.
    Thanks.

0 sounds
    1 post

Has anybody heard the introductory sound that plays in Law & Order when the adresses come up on screen in black with white text?

Well yes I need that sound. or something like it.

Up for the challenge?

76 sounds
    32 posts

pro-babble
    Then the description just said MC505.

I agree with Bram here. What is a MC505? I might know it is a synth, but other people might not. A better description might detail that the sound was made on your mc505, which is a synthesizer, arp, etc.. and describe what you were emulating; a bass, a lead or what ever. Doesn't have to be long, but it sure could have been a little longer than one word.

pro-babble

Other than the over-moderation....

There is no OVER moderation here, in my opinion of course. I like the fact that a human screens every sound that gets uploaded and I am sure other people do as well.

pro-babble

....look at how un user friendly the uploader is. Im just a tad annoyed as it took me the best part of an hour to get the hang of the uploader and add them to your site only to have them bounced back.

You don't need to use Freesound's uploader, you can use any ftp client you choose. link I found this out recently as well.

pro-babble

I might be missing the point but can you let users upload freely then allow other users to flag up whether the sample is illegal or abusive? This methodology works for alot of other sites and by having the report abusive or illegal content button that keeps the site owners on the safe side of the law

Yeah, Craigslist does that; that's why there is never spam on those boards!woot
    The human moderation system might be slower but it really prevents most unacceptable material from getting 'published.' It generally does not take more than 48 hours (or hasn't in any of my uploads). What is the rush?

Cheers.

42 sounds
    82 posts

Hmm, sent the file days ago, and not even a simple "thank you". I suggest you post your requests elsewhere next time.

3192 sounds
    316 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Corsica_S/samples.jpg