Forums

121 sounds
    1545 posts

aaah, found dobroide's pack as well. my bad! canceling my upload + uploading again.

smile

reinsamba only tagged a few samples with sonokids-omni, so I suppose he lost interest halfway smile

- Bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

hey guys,

I compiled the list today. I found packs by

FannyLH
    Suonho
    pcaeldries
    CyberiaLainKittyKat
    HerbertBoland
    cdrk
    satoration

Sadly enough dobroide and reinsamba tagged samples, but forgot to collect all the samples in one pack weird Guys, if you still find a moment today, add all those sounds to one pack!

I'm sending these first 7 today.

- Bram

0 sounds
    123 posts

Dstruct
    matthew Galtress
    I never knew you could downlad the preiew file!
    Good question! Anyone know? smile

Me neither. How does this work?

2 sounds
    1 post

Are there any anthropologists reading the forums or using the cultural sounds posted here for research? It would seem that the database could be very useful for cultural studies.

Nokosoma (Bill)

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello everybody,

although this thread is rather old, I take the opportunity to say "Thank you!" for helping a "researcher" to do his science. I am currently concerned with laughter in HRI (Human Robot Interaction) and very grateful for the many author's here, who have posted their nice recordings.

A question: Would it be OK if I used the sounds to let our Robots produce (audible) laughter? What/how could I give credit? The laughter files downloaded here would not be the only ones I use, but they might eventually make approx. 10% in the end.

Sincerely yours,
    wumpus

PS: And thanks for all the fish.. wink

0 sounds
    4 posts

One year ago I bought the Zoom H2 as a tool for recording ambient sound. I like the 4 channel "surround" mode. After splitting the 2 stereo files I import the 4 WAV's in Apple Soundtrack Pro and in the "real surround mode" I mix all to an AC3 File.
    Lately I was working with 2 softsynth's. I could monitor them on the 4 channels of my audio interface, but recording was impossible. Looking to the zoom H2 it is possible to record with the 4 build-in microphones on 4 tracks but not via a line input. So I wanted to experiment with my H2 to get that job done. I bought for 10 euro parts in the local electronic parts shop and started the modification.
    After all it is possible (I don't say easy) and it was successfull. The microphones are working as usual; the line inputs are doing the job well. I made a movie of the modification: www.vimeo.com/1725654

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. When you don't succeed, you can always go back to the original state of the device. 6 holes in the back is all you have to cover up. By the way; you can keep the RCA plugs on the back. You can connect them to the line in and output of th H2.

21 sounds
    52 posts

matthew Galtress
    I never knew you could downlad the preiew file!

Me neither. How does this work?

0 sounds
    123 posts

As I stated in a previous poste, I think the spell check should be extended to cover private messaging and foram posts. If you can have it on file descriptions, why not on foram postes and private messaging? Particularly important if bad speller or on slow computer! smile

0 sounds
    123 posts

I never knew you could downlad the preiew file! Not that I would realy need to, though.

0 sounds
    123 posts

Bram
    to be honest supporting Flac is a pain: many beginners don't know how to use flac, and thus we get a lot of questions about it.

supporting an even less known format (should we also support monkey's audio and shorten?) will create a big avalanche of new questions.

- Bram

I had problems with .flac, but now simply use audasity windows to convert it to .wav or .mp3 which I can then work with. I am not quite a techno fool but not atechno file either! smile

21 sounds
    52 posts

Ok. Was just an idea.

Btw: Monkey's Audio is bullshit wink Just watch the CPU usage on playback start of a file ...

121 sounds
    1545 posts

to be honest supporting Flac is a pain: many beginners don't know how to use flac, and thus we get a lot of questions about it.

supporting an even less known format (should we also support monkey's audio and shorten?) will create a big avalanche of new questions.

- Bram

21 sounds
    52 posts

Chord (notes) -> Synth (saw) -> Filter (modulation) -> Delay -> Reverb

21 sounds
    52 posts

Bram
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/files/player/player.html

Please test + give opinions. I think clicking on the progress bar does not work in internet explorer...

Things I don't like:

1. the bold blue horizontal center line. i would use dark grey as color for it (so that it just a bit lighter than the background).

2. the <-> mouse arrow image doesn't really suit here. it makes me think that i could zoom into the waveform or something like that. i wouldn't use this mouse arrow. default arrow is fine. maybe it would be nice to have a sort of "rail" visible as background of the position bar. this way it would be more obvious that you can skip to other positions ...

21 sounds
    52 posts

Lenght is the same. Quality: don't know for sure.

21 sounds
    52 posts

What about adding WavPack to the supported audio formats? More and more applications seem to support it. Reaper and Wavosaur for example.

I'm using this format at home for backup storage. The nice thing is that it even supports 32bit floating point formats (which FLAC doesn't).

http://www.wavpack.com

18 sounds
    7 posts

Hello all,

I'm developing a software called deQuencher. It is intended to be used as a live improvisation instrument and it interfaces with the SuperCollider audio synthesis programming language. It has freesound integration where it can download samples based on the tags you give and you can incorporate them in your music right away during a performance.

Here is its project page:
    http://www.batuhanbozkurt.com/home/projects/dequencher/

The FreeSound integration is implemented with a python script. Since mootcher is broken and I needed a threaded way of calling samples from freesound(and lack the balls to do it from C++), the program itself runs the python script to do its work and they communicate via OSC. The python code from http://www.leonard-ritter.com/freesound_integration helped a lot! If you are into this thing, the whole sources are available, they are at my website.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
    Batuhan

21 sounds
    52 posts

It also should know some more words. "Reverb" for example ...

0 sounds
    3 posts

well, first, here's my video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w7Z6JYfjjM&feature=related
    I made it for a school commercial. The problem is that i feel the transitions are a little choppy so i wanted to add some music. And by music i don't mean something with words. I mean something that will tie it all together. It should be passive. Some good examples could be a beat or something really simple. I'm been looking for a while and have been unsuccessful. So my question is, does anyone have a good passive song that's legal that would go good with the video. Thanks a lot in advance.

121 sounds
    44 posts

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=60345

Hope you enjoy it! grin