Forums

0 sounds
    123 posts

acclivity

Or is it the horse's tail?

What do you mean?
    I understand your message but I don't understand that. explain...

546 sounds
    351 posts

Or is it the horse's tail?

0 sounds
    123 posts

In the sidebar on some pages, there is a 'latest forom posts...' section. In that section, should it not be displayed if a topic is an announcement, sticky or locked? Just interested in your opinions.
    :?:

527 sounds
    651 posts

See also

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=32329

18 sounds
    456 posts

yw, hope you have fun here smile

0 sounds
    3 posts

Benboncan
    Try these sites

Thanks!

527 sounds
    651 posts

If you mean a heartrate monitor I have uploaded a file called Steady Heart Monitor To Flatline. No idea when it will be available.

527 sounds
    651 posts

Try these sites

http://www.2090.org/zoom/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=9573&highlight=surround

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2007/09/13/review-zoom-h2-surround-recorder.html?page=1

I have used the Zoom2Five software following the instructions in the excellent oreilly site to great effect. Have fun!

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi all!

I'm recording more and more 4ch sounds with my Zoom H2 so the question on how I should be able to listen to them at home pops up.
    What tools do you use to encode multichannel wav into 5.1 AC3 and/or n-channel WAVs? Mac/Windows/Linux doesn't matter.
    If Audacity would be able to do it thru a plugin it would be great.

At work I have a separate channel sound "card" set up but at home there's only a AC3/DTS decoding receiver and a couple of sound players.
    For instance my xbox with xmbc can play ac3 encoded wavs directly as well as DTS and AC3 streams of course.

/Per

0 sounds
    1 post

I am looking for a steady beat with a difibrillator / then a flatline.

Anyone create this yet?

253 sounds
    86 posts

digifishmusic
    Thanks for the heads-up, nice tool. I use a MixPre when I need pristine silence in my field-recordings, you guys make some excellent, well thought out kit.

EDIT: Ha! I detect some 'theater' involved in your calculator (re the 'calculating' animation), either that or your server is running slower than a PDP8 smile

digifish

Definitely some theater there (you caught me); the server that our site is on is actually pretty fast.. There is a one second delay on the calculation in order to make up for the jitters that occurred when the answer was output on each keyup. I figured I'd throw an animation in there for fun...

I don't know how many people use iPhones/pods, but I'd recently optimized the layout for those devices. Check the link out with your iPhone/pod and notice the completely different layout.

18 sounds
    456 posts

You can click the Search in the sidebar on the left, then type something to search for and you should get some sounds.
    To view uploaded sounds from a forum poster, just click the tiny Freesound logo underneath their name. For example, my page is on freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=94080.
    To add sounds, the instructions are on the Contribute to Freesound page.

0 sounds
    123 posts

Bram
    I have seen or two posts that are in russian - and legal.
    Most of the time one of our russian members ( http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=256226 ) tends to reply those.

But yes - there is an awful lot of spam on freesound these days... sad
    Hopefully we can tackle that problem in fs 2.0.

- Bram

I am greatful for that answer. Whilst there may be legal posters in Russian, if they can't poste in English or their posts can't be translated, how can us English speakers help them?

That realy is the mane question of the topic.

I

121 sounds
    1545 posts

I have seen or two posts that are in russian - and legal.
    Most of the time one of our russian members ( http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=256226 ) tends to reply those.

But yes - there is an awful lot of spam on freesound these days... sad
    Hopefully we can tackle that problem in fs 2.0.

- Bram

18 sounds
    456 posts

Aharleygyrl
    I cannot figure out what it is. I signed up a long time ago and decided to finally visit. I checked out a couple of forums. I cannot figure out what exactly this site is and what people do here. :cry:

Well, people here upload sounds they recorded (or created synthetically, eg. in sound software), so other people can download and use them freely (under a Creative Commons license) in other works, like videos, flash apps, games.

368 sounds
    255 posts

Faith does always seem to be important,but I also have it fine with the idea that this is now and contributing to this thread is the meaning of my life and you are reading what is left behind.
    Simple,or else as Jean Renoir said....
    "The awful thing about life is that everyone has their reasons"

0 sounds
    123 posts

acclivity
    Matthew ... the post you refer to has been removed, and was almost certainly spam.
    I myself remove them quite often after doing a Google search to check it's spam.
    I've not seen any Cyrilic script post here that wasn't spam.

So yes, something should be done ... but NOT translation !!

I didn't know you were a moderator!

Well that puts a different spin on things, ay?

0 sounds
    1 post

lov it

0 sounds
    49 posts

Pretty much remove the highs and lows with an EQ's high pass and low pass filters... then fiddle with it to get it the way you want.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi friend I have an old fax machine & TV, and I was wondering how should I discard an old fax machine (that still works) and a 1993 TV? Is there an environmentally friendly way? Should I bring it to a shop where they can salvage any parts or do I just throw it in the trash? It seems like it might take less time to do the latter.