Forums

5 sounds
    1 post

A huge hello to everyone!

6 sounds
    18 posts

He could just pull his finger out and walk to the train track!!

6 sounds
    18 posts

C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A#, B.......

6 sounds
    18 posts

I have had to work on a documentary in a hospital, and guess what?!!.....The electro shock thingy makes NO noise!! It is a fabricated cliche..

6 sounds
    18 posts

Have you ever tried recording the beeps your PC makes when it has no sound card? Ok they are not that good but closer to what you what. I have never tried this but it should be easy to create. For a start they are electronic sounds, created from a chip, and i believe what you looking for will be very close to a square wave (think about it, it's an alarm...on/off/on/off/on/off). So start with a square wave generator and then first try playing with the pitch and EQ. If it is still not quite trying adding sum FM or if you have the tools (Z3TA) waveshaping. This will create a less standard square wave. Depending on the sound you want, you might need 2 sounds, one at a lower pitch to the other annd then alternate between the two. Once you have the basic sound you want, worldise it... wink

6 sounds
    18 posts

You can create the builds of thunder by using a noise generator, EQ and thoughtful use of envelopes

6 sounds
    18 posts

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, if it's an explosion in space you can get away with it being silent wink

6 sounds
    18 posts

On a serious note though,

I have tried this before, but not really pursued it. What I tried out was bashing some things in our celar, and having the mic a little too close so that it distorts a little. The cellar was good because of the reverb tail, which IS important. Also think what your blowing up - if it's a building your going to need rubble landing etc.. If you haven't got access to a mic, then try playing with noise generators, envelopes and EQ, and maybe some pitch shifting.

Anyhow, asides from martians point, you have not made any suggestions of how to do this yourself....

6 sounds
    18 posts

Try using some C4, then have a shotgun mic at a distance where it won't distort wink

6 sounds
    18 posts

don't know what the sound is needed for, but you might want to try adding the sound of a large singing bowl to the tail of the gong to prolong it....for as long as you need, or until you arms get tired... wink

0 sounds
    4 posts

That's just the trick, Paul. Thanks very much. I'd also searched various soundtracks of Kodo musicians without success.

Paddy

4 sounds
    2 posts

Yes, I'm looking for a crowd or audience going oooh and aaaaah as if they were looking at something beautiful or mystifying. I've already searched around here and the web and come up empty so far. Anayone know where to find it?

0 sounds
    1 post

More details at:
    tavianton@yahoo.com
    www.antonoctavian.ro

Thanks

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, all -

My name is Brian Brockhouse, and I live in Santa Clara, California. I'm a musician with several local bands (bass and guitar), and one of my bandmates recently started a company to produce one of those ambient-sound producing devices you might have seen / heard ... the sort of thing that will play surf sounds to cover up that traffic noise outside your window, or will play traffic noise to cover up those droning insects outside your window. He asked me to help design the soundscapes, and while I was trying to figure out what that might mean I found the Freesound Project. Here's my disclosure: this is intended to be a consumer product, and I want to use samples from this site in the soundscapes -- with the author's permission, of course, and within the terms of the Creative Commons license. I've already communicated directly to a few of you, and I'll be contacting more of you as our company gets its act together. Even if the product flops, though, I'm glad I found this community, and I hope I can contribute to it, beyond posting this note.

Cheers,
    - Brian

825 sounds
    73 posts

Me,too, but I wonder what it will sound like! :?:

44 sounds
    19 posts

I have better gong sounds on my hard drive at home, but if you're in a hurry, try:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=18617

Hope this helps,
    Paul

258 sounds
    355 posts

what kind of help do you need?

258 sounds
    355 posts

"light sabre is a challange. I heard they did it with an old TV or something similar. It sound like an AC noise. I will see "

If I recall-they used some old lights to make the sabre sound. Ya know those long (i want to say floresecent lights) that are found in most stores as light fixtures. What they did (i remember hearing about this as a kid-i could be wrong) is they enforced them some how so they wouldn't break and swung them around-this caused the ...zooorrrrmm sound the sabres make-if you actually take a long object or light and swing it around you'll notice it will make a similar sound, you'll need to swing it fairly hard but you should get the noise. I did this as a kid and it worked but you need a specific light

228 sounds
    129 posts

wow - location sound recordist dream

Robert Altman will cream on this...

I'd rather capture 4 actors voices sperately than muck around with a location mixer....

whens this puppy out? I WANT one!

800 sounds good to me!

hope the stuck the price into preamps - my one critism of the RC09 is slightly hissy pre's in real quiet conditions

228 sounds
    129 posts

you think the new version has changed alot compared to original 70's? ( can't remember..) I bet it sounds better but similiar now...

I know they used a wire on a telegraph pole for some of the gun sounds...

was that randy thom or ben burt?

pehaps some phasing distortion on the fridge - feel your way down the keyboard ?