Forums

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

Robotic variations of Sagetyrtle's performance ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=92009

18 sounds
    1 post

The description "water rolling around in a pan" makes me think of a sound like a Tibetan singing bowl (found several video/audio examples on YouTube) - may have to try converting that sound into an impulse response file myself just to see...

0 sounds
    8 posts

thank you. sagetyrtle and timbre.

76 sounds
    32 posts

Timbre
    Powerdown ? slowing clock ?.

[ A bit cliché.]

yeah, 'cause it works so well;P

0 sounds
    1 post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASvziWcmKtE
    I HATE youtube for its sound quality. sad
    My youtube profile: www.youtube.com/user/AlienCommunity
    I'm not spambot

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

This is more like a 1907 car trying to start ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=90764

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

Powerdown ? slowing clock ?.

[ A bit cliché.]

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

jezon2000
    I'm trying to applying that watery effect as a kind of reverb that can be used for any instrument like glockenspiel, for example.

For the water-in-a-pan effect possibly random pitch warping, there's a free plugin for Audacity which does that: "Random Pitch Modulation".

Make a second identical glockenspiel track and apply reverb and Random Pitch Modulation to it*, then mix this effected track with the original.

[ * maybe add random wah-wah too ].

0 sounds
    16 posts

Hey my Friends,

since you are always so helpful, I thought I'd ask here.

I have now built a multiplayerserver for my game and when playing online each players turns have a timer.

What do think would be an appropriate audio-signal to tell the player the time is up?

A voice saying "Time up" or could you think of a beeping/signaling sound that one would associate with the ending of a Timer?

I know I'm kind of vague, but I myself am not sure what I am searching for, I hope you get my meaning!

Thank you for all advice you may give smile

0 sounds
    24 posts

Heh... I'm already well acquainted with many of tonehammer's libraries, including waterphone, but thanks grin Thing is, I'm trying to applying that watery effect as a kind of reverb that can be used for any instrument like glockenspiel, for example.

0 sounds
    2 posts

1970's cars with big engines like Ford and cadillac trying to start up

0 sounds
    2 posts

Late 1970's cars with big engines trying to start up.

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

jezon2000
    ... I'm really interested in is the way sound bends a bit when water is rolled around a metal pan.

Forget waterboarding use waterphone instead: listeners will they'll tell all they know in minutes if you promise to stop playing it smile

http://www.tonehammer.com/?p=1564

0 sounds
    24 posts

I'm new to convolution/impulse response stuff and freesound, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried recording impulse response samples using a hydrophone? Or making impulse responses to help simulate a water-like sound? I'm looking to find a way to create some kind of underwater filter/convolution reverb that would give a synth pad and other samples a very underwatery, but clear sound... I suppose I could try taking existing impulse response samples and trying to manipulate those to acheive a similar effect, but one thing I'm really interested in is the way sound bends a bit when water is rolled around a metal pan. Anybody tried something along the lines I'm talking about or have ideas on a good approach?

Thanks!

0 sounds
    1 post

I might not have searched freesound hard enough, but I'm trying to find either a little girl or boy saying the timeless,
    "Nah Nah Na Boo Boo" taunt.
    If anyone has any samples or knows where it is I would be eternally grateful
    -vape

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

Too late but ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=90182

18 sounds
    455 posts

Well, the proximity effect does not occur with omni mics, so if you observe the effect while being close to the mic, you can be sure it's not an omni smile
    However, it could well be a cardio, and that's still pretty wide, so you'll likely get reverberations from farther away recordings.

Weird thing however I once noticed, I was recording a ringing cell phone in a special sound booth, but we couldn't get it to sound like it was 'far away'. We had several meters inbetween the phone and the mic, but it sounded like it was much closer. We could only get it to work when I held the phone behind my back, I actually had to stop the direct sound. tongue

18 sounds
    455 posts

Yes, with the sidenote you can't license it under any lower license, for example a CC-BY license is too weak, since the Samples from here are not to be used in advertisements. So a minimum of CC-BY-NC is to be used. So a full copyright is allowed.

2072 sounds
    1862 posts

razor3000
    "INCOMING TRANSMISSION....(2 sec pause)....Download complete!" ... should be A female computer voice!

Just uploaded a female computer-robot version to Freesound.

Here is the link.

1179 sounds
    284 posts

If you've got a mic which is a similar size to a Shure SM58/Beta 58A or Audio Technica AT8010/ATM10a, I'd be happy to make you a big friendly purple fluffball, I've got loads of extra material.

Thanks a lot, that's sweet. However, I use a Sony PCM-D50 and that is a little bit more complicated. Anyways, I already started experimenting with foam and general fluffiness and I'll post some pics soon in the "what's in your bag" thread.

- LG

edit: typo