Forums

527 sounds
    651 posts

Hi, I would record this for you but my sons are at university at the moment :lol:

Seriously, I'll see what I can do.

0 sounds
    10 posts

Just wondering how others here who have an H2 zoom are using it for vocals .

I been bit lazy with it so far, and only really recorded straight on device then transferred it, but Im now looking for a way , or rather best way ,I could sync my vocals to beats / tunes i.e. without renting a studio ..

So far between editing it in Audacitiy to tunes , ( cut n paste ) i managed to to sort of get it in sync, but its seems ( Im assuming ) the best way to do it is to actually sing along to tune i.e. live or through the pc rathern than precord and then / transfer / adjust..

Any way aside from getting professional mic etc I just wondered what my best options were for doing something like this.

thanks

17 sounds
    31 posts

I have uploaded a file called"Steve Jeff Anette Tony Martin Frank Jerry" it will be available soon I suppose.

0 sounds
    11 posts

stickman
    ugo rez. tis free http://www.kvraudio.com/get/748.html

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. smile
    ~Reine~

1 sound
    51 posts

Hi,
    I'm hoping to find a sound of someone hitting their head on a surface, like the floor or a wall. I would appreciate help in finding something like this.
    Thanks!

1 sound
    51 posts

Hey,
    I've found some good crowd sounds at Sounddogs.com. Just search for "crowd". When you find a file you like, you can right-click->save as...

4677 sounds
    376 posts

First I would search "harp" on here. There are 150 sounds I didn't look through but there may ba a glassando or something typically used for dream sequences or scen transitions in the old days.

Next I would search "transistion" and check out 128 of those.

Then I would try "dream", "teleport", etc...

You get neat things like

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=29626

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=63128

If you are looking for something more specific I would supply a link to the audio or video and someone can either tell you how to do it or create it on a synth.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Pros:

1. It introduces kids born into a barren digital wasteland to the warm analog world of physical instruments.

2. It teaches basic timing and articulation of different notes.

3. It doesn't involve gangbangin, sluts or drugs... which should be experienced in their analog forms as well.

Cons:

1. There ain't no god damned strings (yet- I predict MIDI guitar tracker implementation)

2. The characters look retarded.

3. Playing covers is fun but is not as empowering and rewarding as playing your own song on an overdriven strat, a vintage drumset or a window rattling bass amp.

I thought the first time I saw a young cousin of mine trying to play along with a megadeth song and then moving on to buckethead was kind of neat. Shit I never really got into buckethead and haven't listened to megadeth in 10 years. Where would a tween encounter thrash metal on his own these days?

I played it myself and did pretty well because I grew up on video games and real instruments when they were not connected. At first I thought it was cheesy but I think it will introduce the real instruments to millions of kids and also reveal music they may not ever hear in peer circles or modern media, unless they accidentally surf to VH1 classics.

I have been an advocate of ushering in the digital age for decades and I couldn't less about vinyl or VHS tape. But when it comes to the authenticity of acoustic instruments there are no substitutions. Someday I will have a real drum kit and a place to play that the cops won't visit. Until then, I am looking at an inexpensive PC driven digital drum setup... wish I hadn't already bought all those damn christmas presents for others again, damn pagan rituals...

So it's a great "gateway" to bigger and better things that gives you a starting foundation and some musical trivia that anyone regardless of talent and ambition can enjoy to some degree in a social setting. It can never replace (not yet) real instruments and unless it incorporates song writing (I bet it will someday as well) it will be just a game... so play it and have fun.

546 sounds
    351 posts

I'm working on it !

Won't be long

Mike

1 sound
    51 posts

Hi Matt,
    I appreciate the help. That might have worked but I recently found something better.

101 sounds
    99 posts

ugo rez. tis free http://www.kvraudio.com/get/748.html

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, I've been quite a long time searching for this sound effect. And I hope you understand what I'm looking for. In cartoons, when you have a character who is currently at one place and sort of by magic he finds himself in another place there's a characteristic sound effect... and the character probably says "Where am I?" after... I'm looking for that sound effect when the transition between places occurs? Has anyone ever come across it?
    Thanks for the help smile
    krtanatlus

27 sounds
    13 posts

Ok, thanks.

0 sounds
    11 posts

Personally, I love trying out new instruments and experimenting with them.
    I don't hate the games, I can certainly see why people think they are fun, but I don't like people who believe they have actual musical talent just because they got a good score in a game. :lol:
    ~Reine~

0 sounds
    11 posts

hello_flowers
    audacity, at least in my opinion is the single best sound editor, EVER, easy to use for newbies, and yet still an extremely convenient tool for professionals. hands-down, audacity is a MUST HAVE, theres no arguing it.

Hear hear!! grin
    I use Mixcraft v4.2 and it pissed me off a bit at first, but I can create an entire 40 minute album in one morning.
    Lots of instruments and effects to use. Honestly, I found it while searching "GarageBand for Windows" and oh, was I lucky to find Mixcraft.
    Personally, I think it is far better than any music editing/creating software out there. Ever. Period.
    Nuff sed. tongue
    ~Reine~

0 sounds
    11 posts

I'm not familiar with Logic, but if you've got Windows, an easy way you could do it is play the mp3 in WMP, click "File" and then "Save As" and in the area where the title is, just type ".wav" after it and it will be a wav file. I'm old fashioned. :lol:
    ~Reine~

0 sounds
    11 posts

Thanks for posting, I am in need of some VSTs. smile
    The computer I'm using doesn't have headphones or speakers though. I've gotta get home. >_<
    ~Reine~

0 sounds
    11 posts

I have downloaded many of the MIDI packs from VIP Zone (http://www.vipzone-samples.com/midimelodies.php) and I am using Acoustica Mixcraft. I am not a big technical expert, so I don't really know what to do in this case:
    Does anyone know where I can find any virtual instruments that sound like the ones used in the demos?
    They don't have to be exact, but I want something that has a strong trance-like sound to it. Any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks! smile
    ~Reine~

0 sounds
    1 post

I am looking for samples of a male voice speaking names. The male voice needs to be calm almost softly spoken, English with no regional accent. The names I need are Steve, Jeff, Annette, Tony, Martin, Frank and Jerry.

All would be most excellent but 'Frank' is the most important.

Many many thanks.

0 sounds
    11 posts

I've already been to those sites [trust me, I've done some VERY extensive searches] but thanks anyways. I did manage to find a drum pack that I think will hold me over for an album or so. smile