Forums

14 sounds
    11 posts

Hello,
    yes, I found the adapter.. but I didn't use it. I can do a test, if you want to know.

Let me just make sure (because you are not the person who asked the original question):

- the A3 is for OKMs only.
    - if you use OKMs on Mic in, you'll have the small amount of current you need to feed the OKMs on virtually all recorders (1 or 2 volts, I don't remember)

So: you only need the A3 for very high sound pressure levels. Let's say over 100db. Here the OKMs (depending on the version of course) would show distortion on mic in and without the A3.

Hope this helps.

-afaict

0 sounds
    10 posts

afaict
    I'm recording with OKMs and the PMD 620 sometimes and I'm pretty happy with that. Yes, my OKMS are noisy. On mic in they are also extremely sensitive. When I bought them there was a line in adapter included (A3). It adapts the mic signal to line in, and provides power to the mic if needed. The FELs would do the same.

I suggest you try if mic in makes you happy or not. I could try the A3 with the PMD and report the results. (I have'nt done this yet and I would need to find the adapter first....)

-afaict

Hello,

did you find the A3 adapter to use it with the Line In?

I'm looking for a preamp to use with my PMD-620, just wondering if this one could be ok.

Kind regards,

JM.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Can anyone tell me where to find this drum machine VSTi, id like some killer drum samples. got quite a few but i always love to find some good snares and new hard kicks. :twisted:

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hey there, i used to have the same trouble when getting into reason and trying to make some distorted, or 'grimey' bass.

try using combinators, linking up a pair of subtractors and or malstroms (you can add more but two will suffice for a start) you will then want to detune each of the devices seperately, and then route that combined sound through a Scream 4 distrotion device or something of the like. Using a setting such as tape, adjusting your different parameters, inc damage and body, should get you the bass sound you are after.

0 sounds
    1 post

I am looking for the Podcast sounds that comes with GarageBand3 to complete tutorials I am working on. They load into the Loops Editor and they come in folders labeled Jingles, Stingers, and Sound Effects. Can anyone help me find them?

Thanks for your help.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Thanks to yewbic for 40106__yewbic__ubPunch11_175bpm & 38593__yewbic__ubik_percussionBreak_175bpm_, I also used another one from someone else labelled as 175 bpm but it converted to 44.1k from whatever, so it was off tempo and was removed.

http://www.archive.org/details/freejustinfinalchapter

If anyone hears a sound that may have made it into a folder before the file names were changed that is not attributed, let me know.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

It looks as if the story is over for now until 2112, thanks to all who tried to respond in time to get him out. Thanks again.

See my post in songs made with freesounds forum.

0 sounds
    6 posts

thats right!

i need someone to command "hug me" for a sample

doesnt have to be kind or polite, or even particulary agressive; a mixture would be best smile

thanks guys tongue

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hello everybody!

I want to build an expression pedal as a little hobby project and maybe move on to more serious electronic stuff later. Could someone help me out with some info, like what kind of pots I have to use?

102 sounds
    25 posts

Hello, click on the waveform or the sample title, wait for it to load then right click and save target as in the download box.

0 sounds
    1 post

Why I cant download sample in computers? I really cant? This sample which I want download I cant download in computers but only listening? Sorry for my English Im not English Im from Latvia!!!

0 sounds
    3 posts

Sorry for bringing up this old topic, but in my opinion the game company can't be forced to credit the sounds that someone used to make the soundtrack. This is one step too far, because the game company only uses a "song" and not "sounds".

Just an example: Let's say you create a sound of a very cool snare drum. Now, someone uses it and creates a nice song out of it. Then he has to credit you, and that can be done on his homepage or inside the CD cover or wherever.
    But now, someone makes a film and wants to use the song inside the film. He would just have to credit the musician, since he's using his song, but it's not his job to also credit the creator of the cool snare drum.

The same should apply to the game. If the game company has to credit someone, it's the musician of the soundtrack, and not the creators of the samples he used. Of course, if the game company uses some additional sound EFFECTS (for shooting etc) that they downloaded from freesound, they also have to credit those. Also if they compose the music by themselves. But not if they buy a finished song.

0 sounds
    1 post

Is there any website which has a collection of samples of people talking about animals?

Thanks.

17 sounds
    4 posts

martian
    you think the new version has changed alot compared to original 70's? ( can't remember..) I bet it sounds better but similiar now...

I know they used a wire on a telegraph pole for some of the gun sounds...

was that randy thom or ben burt?

pehaps some phasing distortion on the fridge - feel your way down the keyboard ?

Pretty sure it was Ben Burt.

The original Vader breathing sound IIRC was a SCUBA oxygen regulator valve recorded with a small mic stuck way down inside the tank and maybe reverb-d a bit. If you listen closely there's a subtle clicking sound at each inhale/exhale.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Yes. everything is free, no need to ask if its legal.

0 sounds
    2 posts

I was just going to say, you should take a look at cell phone wallpaper site they have ringtones and wallpapers, and perhaps you can work with them or see what they are doing!

17 sounds
    224 posts

Try searching for "snare" next time. It didn't take long for me wink

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=46565

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hey post a piece of music and I'll try to spot what's wrong. I use reason so if you can send it to me in RPS (Reason Published Song) It would be even better.

17 sounds
    224 posts

Here is my take on the Darth Vader breathing sound. It might need a little pitching down, but I think it's good.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=48602

4 sounds
    31 posts

Might be mentioned before, but I haven't found.
    Just need any phrases or better dialogues on Scottish and Irish dialect of English. Ken whit ah mean? smile
    Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks.