http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSulycqZH-U

36 sounds
    215 posts

...that will working!!!

36 sounds
    215 posts

andrew1280
    For those who are interested,
    I am starting a research on the utilization of graphical representation of sound files to enable Content-Based Retrieval (CBR) in a database.

That is a fascinating project. If you can create a fast, lightweight way to accomplish your goal, you will be quite the revolutionary. I imagine that many people would want to have that resource, and even more to be able to use it. Don't give up!

hummmm!!

I'thinkink I will make one for you people :twisted:

104 sounds
    189 posts

thanks Bram for the clear answer - and to keep this site working grin

Bram
    Demanding uploads from people downloading will increase the mount of useless samples, an increase the amount of illegal samples for us moderators to go through.

right, fake coins in the machine

Bram
    We've been there before smile

sorry, I searched in the Forum before posting, but didn't find this item - too many posts! weirdhock:

Bram
    Freesound is FREE for now, and it's not set to change in the future. Maybe we'll still try making money off things like google ads as this doesn't really stop us from being all free, but it is ugly and kind of impedes our freeness in other senses (even if just psycologically).

wise words. keep it free !!!

795 sounds
    273 posts

http://findsounds.com/

they have a program that can allow you to search both the internet AND/OR local files, for sounds based on tags, (ie. you tag your local files in a way I'd assume is similar to freesound. but it's not freeware.... those frikkers............................

606 sounds
    276 posts

digifishmusic
    The graph seems to have an error...

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchTextSimilarityGraph.php?search=magpie&searchDescriptions=1&searchTags=1&searchFilenames=0&searchUsernames=0

thanks for the hard work keeping the site up smile

digifish

Is anyone home??? smile

606 sounds
    276 posts

lonemonk
    Images directly within sound page: That's been my request for a time as well digi.
    Nice setup by the way. Are those behringer mics you have going ORTF there, or do they just use the same plastic cases that the behri's do? Also, did you build the suspension for the R0de or is it a common model? I don't have any pistol grip suspensions at this time.

Yes the top two pics are Behringer C2 mics (on their first two outings), I bought them just to see what they are like and for $80 USD why not smile I wanted something I was happy to tape into plastic bags and dangle into the sea.

The suspension is a Rode SM4 ( http://www.rodemic.com/?pagename=Products&product=SM4 ) with a handle screwed into the end.

digifish

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hello every body!

I know my request is terribly arrogant. You are going to tell me to do it by myself and you would be right. But...... i did it. And...... you are actually wrong wink I still do need those samples because i just can't make a recording and then edit something that would sound nice in my emu esi4000. I am just a pianist, desperatly in need for a playable kora sound (i also tried ethno world 3, and .... my stuff is even better if you see what i mean...).
    Thank you for your suggestions, if you know where i can find something for example, or if you have some advices for the recording process.

Have a nice day.

127 sounds
    194 posts

I've asked this before, but I would love to run freesound In-house as as my media management system. I would still contribute to this site where I can, but a majority of the stuff I record is owned by other people explicitly. I still however need a way to categorize and search recordings of my own just like we do in here.

Ever notice there are NO audio-focused media management softwares out there? (Except for programs like iTunes which are a fucking joke compared to what I'm talking about)
    There are lots of image/movie/book collection Databases, but they do not translate well.

Without getting into the other topic around here about how to keep the site going from within the current scenario, could not MTG spin off the code that runs Freesound and sell the architecture to other organizations/people? The website looks as though MTG does sell various technologies that Freesound has built into it, but not a system which could be used as one.

That's my rant for today.

127 sounds
    194 posts

Images directly within sound page: That's been my request for a time as well digi.
    Nice setup by the way. Are those behringer mics you have going ORTF there, or do they just use the same plastic cases that the behri's do? Also, did you build the suspension for the R0de or is it a common model? I don't have any pistol grip suspensions at this time.

17 sounds
    224 posts

Also add the right command for macs?

975 sounds
    145 posts

Well the rights depend alot on
    A. if you are going to sell your movie or make a profit.
    B. the cd you used was sort of a Sample CD so you bought the rights when you got it (unless you torrent it)
    C. i guess if you did buy something like a sample cd that was freely distributable save the reciept and stuff
    D. I think this was mentioned before but mail a copy of your movie on a burned cd to your house

If in fact you are just making a movie for no money and just fun or for an art project you could find an easy listening track you like and try to get in touch with the person who did it and ask them if they will let you use it, and save that. The reason you probably heard a track like it was that they are "loops" probably put out by sony and thrown together in ACID with probably slight mixing for the genre. A pretty easy thing to do if you need to whip something up. That's really all I can tell you for now, for the licence things ERH or BRAM might be better. Let me see what I can do,

Kat

0 sounds
    20 posts

I have an account on youtube and I make videos. It's my hobby, nobody gets paid and I just do it for laughs. I recently discovered your site and used some of the sounds in my latest video.

I did address every person I took a sample from in the video description and I did send a private message / comment to that every person informing them about my project, giving them a link etc.

Is that still illegal?

121 sounds
    1544 posts

try these two articles:

http://www.csounds.com/ezine/autumn1999/synthesis/
    and
    http://www.csounds.com/ezine/winter2001/synthesis/

they'll get you started wink

- bram

0 sounds
    6 posts

I'm trying to generate drum sounds out of nothing, in C++. I'm trying to generate sounds such as:

-high hat
    -clap
    -beats

For example if you make a sine wave with a low frequency, and let its volume exponentially decrease, you get a sort of beat.
    If you make white noise and apply an ADSR envelope to it, you get a very bad sounding high-hat like thing.

But those don't sount to well. Does anyone know the ways to get better sounding drum sounds in such ways as those described above?

I've got everything needed to generate various basic wave shapes, apply time domain filters, FFT, apply frequency domain filters, and save it to a .wav file, I just don't know how to use it all in a nice way to get better drum sounds.

0 sounds
    8 posts

Thanks for your reply!

Yea i think you're right. Easy listening is a good guess. I check out some cd's, but if i decide to buy a cd, then i have another question. Can i use the in my movie, which will be public on the internet, without doing anything illegal? I mean.. isn't there some rights for the tracks on an easy listening cd?

I'll keep searching, but if anyone recognize the music in the videoclip in the link, then i really look forward to hear from you! If you know any artist who makes this kind of music, then it would also be awsome to hear from you!

Btw the track needs to be as long as possible. A length for about 3 min is ideal, but 1½ min. is also good!

Thanks
    Fembakker smile

975 sounds
    145 posts

It kind of sounds like you want sort of a lounge and chill kinda style of sound huh, like easy listening and stuff, how long is this piece your doing? And Uebershall released a Sample CD called Easy Listening, it might be on that. But it may be better just to make a unique (sort of) one so it's a little different. It reminds me of some of the backgrounds of cowboy bebop.

0 sounds
    8 posts

Hello out there! smile

From a week ago i watched a videoclip showing a feature for an awsome Doom 3 casemod. The background music is pretty nice and has a mood that fits perfectly for the film project i'm working on at the moment. The videoclip can be seen on this link: http://www.fembakker.dk/blastdoor.wmv

I'm searching the track on that clip if any of you have heard it. I remember that i've heard exactly the same piece of music in a movie trailer, but i cant remember which movie. If no one seems to recognize it, then it would be awsome with some music sounding very much alike the background music in the clip. Some music with drums, bass and a few el-keyboard chords or something else. grin

I appreciate your help!

Best regards
    Fembakker

606 sounds
    276 posts

The graph seems to have an error...

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchTextSimilarityGraph.php?search=magpie&searchDescriptions=1&searchTags=1&searchFilenames=0&searchUsernames=0

thanks for the hard work keeping the site up smile

digifish

0 sounds
    1 post

You can do this in 2 ways either by flash or by javascript. Depends on what you want to achieve.