Forums

3097 sounds
    480 posts

A privilege to me, thank you for letting know

D

5 sounds
    2 posts

Of course I'll share, I'm not a party pooper!

I wouldn't just come on here just to be a Moocher! Just organizing some of it now...

24 sounds
    41 posts

- I would have them do riots, yells, precise people
    - I would have them do small talking
    - I would have them do cheers and applause...

just ideas... of a sound designer

258 sounds
    355 posts

Share your work darn you!!! This is a situation of-"the more the merrier!" and with 20 years of recordings you my friend must be a goldmine of sounds.

258 sounds
    355 posts

super cool as a die hard baseball fan i loved this article thanks for sharing

210 sounds
    52 posts

I was just reading the obituary of an old-timer radio broadcaster from my hometown, and found this part interesting:

For several years in the mid-1960s, he worked as the radio broadcaster for the Eugene Emeralds minor league baseball team. During these years, he became well known for his skill in “recreating” the Emeralds' road games in the studio, a common practice at that time in the minor leagues, where teams could not afford to send a play-by-play man on road trips. For every road game, he would receive only a line-by-line box score giving just the basic facts of each inning; he literally made up the rest. Complete with bat-on-ball, crowd noise, and other sound effects, his recreations were so convincing that many listeners did not realize he was not actually at the ballpark.

The entire article is here http://newportnewstimes.com/articles/2008/08/29/obituaries/obituaries01.txt

210 sounds
    52 posts

To quote myself from http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=835&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=51:

Do this with balloons:

1. Give each person two large balloons (deflated) and a thumbtack or pin
    2. Have them put the thumbtack in one pocket and one balloon in the other pocket
    3. Start the recorders
    3. Have them blow up a balloon simultaneously, but don't tie them off (balloon blowing sound + laughter)
    4. Have everyone let go of their balloon simultaneously ("plllfffllltttt" sound)
    5. Have everyone blow up their other balloon simultaneously (repeat of step 3), but tie it off this time
    6. Ask everyone to throw their balloon into the air, and let people hit them back up, bouncing them around the crowd (sound of balloons being hit + laughter + a few balloon pops)
    7. After they start to get tired of hitting the balloons (could take a while), ask each person to grab a balloon and pull the tack out of their pocket
    8. Have everyone pop their balloon simultaneously

I was recently in a theater where they did this as a simple way to engage and relax the audience while they were waiting for the show to start (without the pllfffllttt or popping part). People really got a kick out of it.

210 sounds
    52 posts

Thanks for letting us know!

If you have any wishes be sure to post them over in the Sample Requests forum. We seem to be spread out over the whole planet so don't hesitate to ask!

5 sounds
    2 posts

Samples by Dobroide and Reinsamba were recently credited on the NatGeo series Man Made in the show titled
    "High Tech Museum".

(sorry they misspelled your name Reinsamba, but your amazon samples are great!)

I am working on projects involving sound design and mixing on several series for Nat Geo, for independent documentaries, and Discovery and Biography channels, and I work with freesound samples whenever I need a sound that I don't have in my library, or to find something truly creative, so look for more credits to show up in he future....

This is a great repository with a lot of excellent field recordists and designers. And I have been turning as many of my friends in the industry as I can on to this site.

I also, have a large library of samples that I've acquired in my own field recording over 20 years, and am looking forward to the time when I can share some of these with you.

Keep on recording with those field rigs... :!:

3 sounds
    3 posts

Did this little piece I thought I'd play for the trick-or-treaters on Halloween this year.

Halloween

Giving credit where credit is due, I used these sound fx from Freesound Project...

pfly - toddlerlaughing.wav
    malexmedia - tumble_downstairs_c.wav
    oscillator - Kick 01.wav
    thanvannispen - satyrs1.aiff
    Leady - insane laughter man reverb.wav
    FreqMan - psycho laugh 2.wav
    ERH - creepy 1.wav

5 sounds
    130 posts

#one or two claps smile / ...
    #one or two footprints wink / ...
    #and everyone calls once "we love freesound" grin // ...cya

<2°TRo²³

37 sounds
    44 posts

Bram,

Your suggestion works fine too.

Thanks.

14 sounds
    12 posts

Besides the typical crowd sounds like cheering, clapping, booing, laughing and yelling I would let them also do things like:

*Imitation of Birds
    *Breathing in sync - needs to be conducted
    *clapping in sync with accelerando and ritardando - needs to be conducted
    *singing on one note for 2 minutes
    *stomping with their feet in sync and non sync
    *long ahhhhhhssssss/uhhhhs/ohhhhs with a glissando - like a sigh of relief - in sync

14 sounds
    12 posts

Here is the link for the Denoiser Plug In iZotope RX:
    www.izotope.com/products/audio/rx/

and Ozone 3

www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/

121 sounds
    1552 posts

Hello everyone,

on saturday 13th of september there will be a REALLY massive recording of a crowd (directed by a standup commedian), for freesound.
    this recording is hosted at Odegand: (warning, REALLY crappy site)
    http://www.festivalgent.be/Programma/1001nachtenfeest/OdeGand/tabid/116/language/nl-BE/Default.aspx

We expect between 6000 and 10000 people.

So, here's the question. If you were directing THAT many people what sounds would you want them to make?

- Bram

1 sound
    9 posts

yaledelay
    get a cheep contact mic. they run about $6.00 that should clear up your problems...

I have tried contact mics in the past and they are no better than a pickup. at that point I might as well record the electric upright or use my pickup. Less hiss, but what I really want to give you guys is a good quality sample that sounds like a real instrument. IMO pickups and contact mics sound like an electric signal and rob the sample of the true wooden sound of a real upright bass.

My game plan is to eventually (it will take some time) record a large number of samples of acoustic upright that you can use to get a more organic sound for your compositions.

the hardest part so far has just been getting started. Once I can isolate a good sound, I hope to crank out some quality samples for you.

1 sound
    9 posts

stickman
    perhaps you can tell us how and what you record with.... you might be able to alter that and achieve the proper results without too much editing afterwards.

I am using an AT4033a mic.
    into a SM6MP preamp
    Into a Lexicom lambda
    into my laptop.

I am recording using
    Cubase LE (it came with the lexicon)

I tried there plugins and they really decreased the quality of sound.

Could you guys tell me more about IZOTOPE and COOLEDIT? where to DL the free trial of IZO?
    Is Cool edit a piece of software?

would really like to know what I am getting before I purchase.

Thanks for all the help so far.

0 sounds
    1 post

Good Day

Just wanted to share my new experience.

If your Windows XP fails to run due to an error corresponding to missing HAL.DLL, invalid Boot.ini or any other important system boot files you can fix this by using the XP installation CD. Just boot from your XP Setup CD and enter the Recovery Console. Then run "attrib -H -R -S" on the C:\Boot.ini file and delete it. Run "Bootcfg /Rebuild" and then Fixboot

Cheers,
    Carl

121 sounds
    1552 posts

by the way, qubodup, if you have some form of instant messaging, please add bramdotdejong@gmaildotcom to google talk so we can get this organized a bit easier.

- bram

121 sounds
    1552 posts

qubodup, everyone...

qubodup, could you try this command and send the output?

find -iname '*.wav' .

that will give us the full list of wave files, with full paths. which will be easier to work on

sorry this is taking ages, guys, I'm trying to juggle 50 balls at the same time.

- Bram