Forums

0 sounds
    8 posts

Hello out there! smile

From a week ago i watched a videoclip showing a feature for an awsome Doom 3 casemod. The background music is pretty nice and has a mood that fits perfectly for the film project i'm working on at the moment. The videoclip can be seen on this link: http://www.fembakker.dk/blastdoor.wmv

I'm searching the track on that clip if any of you have heard it. I remember that i've heard exactly the same piece of music in a movie trailer, but i cant remember which movie. If no one seems to recognize it, then it would be awsome with some music sounding very much alike the background music in the clip. Some music with drums, bass and a few el-keyboard chords or something else. grin

I appreciate your help!

Best regards
    Fembakker

606 sounds
    276 posts

The graph seems to have an error...

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchTextSimilarityGraph.php?search=magpie&searchDescriptions=1&searchTags=1&searchFilenames=0&searchUsernames=0

thanks for the hard work keeping the site up smile

digifish

0 sounds
    1 post

You can do this in 2 ways either by flash or by javascript. Depends on what you want to achieve.

0 sounds
    35 posts

thank you very much, i was a bit stupid not thinking of it...

37 sounds
    86 posts

I guess... i could put them in the desc, but then i don't know if they would remove them, or keep them in?

606 sounds
    276 posts

mkoenig
    I uploaded 14 files of which i made 13 (rejected?)

I am curious as to why they where rejected.

They came from free-loops.com a website i own and i made the loops with either Reason or Fruity Loops using no samples?

One was questionable as it was a pd clip of George Bush talking on the iraq war

Can someone help me here? I was trying to help and the whole process took about 30mintues?

Would it be useful to the moderators if there was space to add notes when you upload sounds?

?

digifish

606 sounds
    276 posts

Simon_Lacelle
    I think you should add "Right click, save target as" left to the Download button....that would save us alot of useless threads.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7361/rightuy3.th.jpg

Agreed, it even catches me out from time to time smile

...but what about mac users weirdhock:

digifish

606 sounds
    276 posts

I read this again...

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1209&highlight=licensing

I can see there is a spread of what people would like.

The licensing conditions of freesound are not all that clear, I am constantly getting emails from people who want to use my sounds who don't understand what they have to do.

I upload sounds in the knowledge that I am contributing to a large database of Creative Commons License sounds. I'd actually be happier if it was a public domain library. All I'd like in return is that people who use my sounds commercially, or any significant way let me know and (if possible) let me see how they have been used.

I realise some people want to retain the right to license the sounds to users in return for $$$.

I think the download process or the page that holds the sound could help out here. A 'download for commercial use' button or something could be useful. This would contain instructions and ask the downloader to fill in some details -

The owner of the sound would have the choice of setting the nature of the sound in the database (free license or attribution non-commercial). Some flag would show on the sound page showing what type it is. There could be a button to start the licensing process...

License sound

The follwing text appears in a dialog -

You are free to use this sound for commercial purposes provided the following conditions are met

If the owner has set free-license: 1. You complete the following (this will be sent to the Author for their information).

Your name & Organization:
    email contact:
    Planned use of sound:

if the owner has set CC license: 1. You must complete the following, this will be sent to the Author, you must obtain their permission.

Your name & Organization:
    email contact:
    Planned use of sound:

2. If credits are possible that you credit Freesound & the Author as follows:

...this would show the 'attribution data' as currently is generated for the attribution list.

where credits should appear -

mp3 song: credits on web page (preferably) where you host the mp3. Failing that add the credits to the mp3 information.
    a song on a cd: credits on your liner notes.
    a podcast: credits on the web page where you host the podcast has the credits.
    a video/movie: credits in video credits, and if needed on the website where you host the file.
    a theater play: credits appear on the leaflets you hand out.
    ...etc

digifish

0 sounds
    1 post

I need a sample of spoken word of a dark topic (ex: fire-and-brimstone preacher or some sort) that's around 1:00-2:00 in length. It can be anything from a random conversation on the streetside to a read-aloud poem. Any helpz?

17 sounds
    224 posts

I think you should add "Right click, save target as" left to the Download button....that would save us alot of useless threads.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7361/rightuy3.th.jpg

17 sounds
    224 posts

maybe we could have like 3 downloads for the start, the we have to upload three other samples before we can download as much as we want?

795 sounds
    273 posts

NoiseCollector
    What would I do with Jovicas bleeps of various lengths and all the glitching binary bursts?

lmao

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Here is a video made with some samples I will upload to Freesound soon...

http://www.archive.org/details/deadmandirewolffanclub

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Google: Mellotron Wav

Look for choir. Great all around analog (it is) sounding tape loops.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

I have luck with Cool Edit 96 noise reduction. You can keep the noise or eliminate the noise to some degree. You can still find the file out there and the serial too, Syntrillium is now Adobe so it's not supported anymore but does great things.

Also, there is a vst effect called sniper, I believe, it is an extreme EQ that can filter out entire bands of the audio spectrum completely and let you zero in on specific frequencies.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

cajo
    Bram

what do you think about this:
    - if you upload then you can download (even not 1 to 1, i.e. you upload 1 then download 5 or 10)

So I would have to download 5,500 or 11,000 files? What would I do with Jovicas bleeps of various lengths and all the glitching binary bursts?

77 sounds
    18 posts

I am getting various loading errors in Google Earth 4.2.0180.1134 (beta) when loading the freesound.kml file. As a result, I can't view Freesound geotags in GE.

Here is the first error text:

Fetch of NetworkLink "The Freesound Project" failed (http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/geotagging/tags.php?BBOX=-180,-30.80339111621554,180,90): Connect Failed

Do you want to stop fetching, continue to fetch with error notifications, or continue to fetch and ignore errors?

Attempting to load the URL that throws the rror in GE in my FireFox yeilds this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /var/www/class.Util.php on line 51

which may or may not be relevant.

The same line of code always throws the error.

I couldn't find this error reported on other forums. Am I the only one with this problem? I do like to use GE to browse Freesound tags.

-- Paul

37 sounds
    86 posts

Sounds like fun. smile

121 sounds
    1544 posts

Demanding uploads from people downloading will increase the mount of useless samples, an increase the amount of illegal samples for us moderators to go through. So, that's a no-no. We've been there before smile

Freesound is FREE for now, and it's not set to change in the future. Maybe we'll still try making money off things like google ads as this doesn't really stop us from being all free, but it is ugly and kind of impedes our freeness in other senses (even if just psycologically).

By the way mkoenig, I moderated some of your files to "illegal" as I wasn't sure you created those files yourself (and because they had free-loops.com in the filename), so I assumed they were taken from free-loops without thinking about the license. Please be clearer in your descriptions when uploading files in the future.

- bram

37 sounds
    86 posts

I uploaded 14 files of which i made 13 (rejected?)

I am curious as to why they where rejected.

They came from free-loops.com a website i own and i made the loops with either Reason or Fruity Loops using no samples?

One was questionable as it was a pd clip of George Bush talking on the iraq war

Can someone help me here? I was trying to help and the whole process took about 30mintues?