Forums

0 sounds
    123 posts

acclivity
    Matthew ... the post you refer to has been removed, and was almost certainly spam.
    I myself remove them quite often after doing a Google search to check it's spam.
    I've not seen any Cyrilic script post here that wasn't spam.

So yes, something should be done ... but NOT translation !!

I didn't know you were a moderator!

Well that puts a different spin on things, ay?

0 sounds
    1 post

lov it

0 sounds
    49 posts

Pretty much remove the highs and lows with an EQ's high pass and low pass filters... then fiddle with it to get it the way you want.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi friend I have an old fax machine & TV, and I was wondering how should I discard an old fax machine (that still works) and a 1993 TV? Is there an environmentally friendly way? Should I bring it to a shop where they can salvage any parts or do I just throw it in the trash? It seems like it might take less time to do the latter.

546 sounds
    351 posts

Matthew ... the post you refer to has been removed, and was almost certainly spam.
    I myself remove them quite often after doing a Google search to check it's spam.
    I've not seen any Cyrilic script post here that wasn't spam.

So yes, something should be done ... but NOT translation !!

0 sounds
    1 post

have you tried www.findsounds.com ?

0 sounds
    123 posts

cajo
    all is relative :wink: to me "aye" sounds like Russian, or Tagalog...
    and what a burden to read/write always in english...
    but, if one wants to communicate...

I think you are misunderstanding me. I do not quite understand you. I am not talking about writing in English, I was mearly talking about translating posts and comments into English so that people who have set the language that way can understand it.

0 sounds
    7 posts

Are you sure that was ever a guitar? It sounds more like a synth to me.

Whatever it is is playing over two octaves.... if it was a guitar, I'd guess that this has been been done artificially, using pitch correction software to change the original octave. It has probably been quantized at that point, as well.

I think each octave has been rendered to a separate track, with a different filter applied to each.... a low-pass filter to contain the bass one, and an auto-filter to add a programmed squelch pattern to the higher one.

It may have been resampled and edited before the whole thing has been passed through a vocoder.

I could be completely wrong about all of the above.

121 sounds
    44 posts

I can help you out. If you can give me an example of what sound you want (i.e. a jingle, a buzzer, a bell) or if you want to recreate a sound effect from a show (such as Family Feud), I'll see what I can do.

527 sounds
    651 posts

I have uploaded a file called anchor chain which might be useful. It should be there tomorrow.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, I was wondering whether anybody could make a high quality recording for me which I could use as an introduction to my radio show. The sound clip I need is "Hurrah! It's Phat Chaz and Jam Master J.R's Super Fun Happy Hour!" - This could be done in a mock British accent or anyway you find suitable. The sound clip would be used at the start of our radio show every week and is broadcast across a university network.

0 sounds
    123 posts

imanhorn
    like waiting for an answer after the host asks a questions
    getting the correct answer etc

imanhorn, may I first begin by welcoming you to the community. I hope you enjoy your time here and I am sure my centiments are echoed across the board

With regard to your request and it is very interesting as I like game shows too, I am afrade I am unable to help at this time, but if you live in the UK, there are a lot of game shows on chalenge TV (sky channel 125, I don't know the vergin media channel but it is also available on
    http://www.challenge.co.uk
    )
    Hope I spelt that right!
    There are a wide variaty of game shows to watch and if you have a recorder you could make some recordings from there!
    smile Hope that helps!

103 sounds
    198 posts

all is relative :wink: to me "aye" sounds like Russian, or Tagalog...
    and what a burden to read/write always in english...
    but, if one wants to communicate...

0 sounds
    1 post

like waiting for an answer after the host asks a questions
    getting the correct answer etc

2 sounds
    62 posts

My imagination? Or is one of these stars saying, 'NoiseCollector is ph-ph-PHAT' in urban Martian. Here is another interesting collection of space sounds

Team records 'music' from stars
    http://www.jodcast.net/archive/200808Extra/

A BBC story on this group
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7687286.stm

Best quote:
    Professor Ian Roxburgh of Queen Mary College, London is among those trying to work out what the sounds from the stars tell us about processes occurring inside stars.
    "It's not easy," he says "It's like listening to the sound of a musical instrument and then trying to reconstruct the shape of the instrument".

Which makes me think there could be a Freesound competition to identify sounds?

Field recording only, no effects, separate prizes for accuracy and best creative lunacy...

0 sounds
    2 posts

I think my new life phase has become. Thanks God.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, my name is Archimonday, I am a lead developer of a Mod team, producing a mod for the popular online Multi-player first-person-shooter Battlefield 2142. Currently we have no capacity for creating high quality sounds for our modification, and hearing the quality of the sounds on this website, I am here to ask for you help.

If anybody out there is interested in helping us out, please post up some sounds of weapons firing, explosions, richochets, breaking glass, doors, any sound you believe could be associated with a futuristic battlefield. All sounds will be fully accredited and names will be mentioned frequently in the mods updates, news, and installer when the time comes.

It would be a great appreciation if some of the talented sound recordists here on Freesound.org could supply us with some high quality sounds, we would be in your debt.

With greatest hopes, and regards.

Archimonday.

18 sounds
    456 posts

Messages here are in English because people type them in English. If somebody (or something, like a bot) enters a message in Russian or Dutch or Klingon, it will be displayed in respectively Russian, Dutch or Klingon.
    While I agree everything here should initially be in English, we eventually can't stop them from posting stuff in another language. In such cases, best you can do is let Google or any other online translation service translate it, like so: [link].

0 sounds
    123 posts

cajo
    "aye" ?

:wink:

Yes, aye!

Means yes!

If you didn't understand this, then that sort of is ironic given what I am talking about! smile :wink: smile

103 sounds
    198 posts

"aye" ?

:wink: