Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

Up!

103 sounds
    195 posts

try eSpeak for Windows
    http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ licensed under GNU free copyleft license

it's a command line sw, no graphic interface but easy enough. there are many different voices -
    although the Festival online demo propose smoother and more realistic voices.

about the robot effect in Ableton Live, try Audio Effect/Resonators/Rome or Tokyo or Brooklyn applied to the spoken text.
    I too use Live: if you find something for TTS post it, please :wink:

14 sounds
    12 posts

Compression will not solve your problem - try dehissing the file with iZotope RX which can be downloaded and used in Demo mode for a while - long enough for you to dehiss your file grin

1 sound
    9 posts

I am trying to record some acoustic upright bass to post on this site. I have run into a major snafu though. I can't seem to get a good recording without my AC and other hiss bleeding through. I tried EQing in post production but to get rid of the hiss also means getting rid of the tonal quality of the bass. I am not made of $$$ so I am looking for a cheap fix to the problem. Freeware would be awesome. I am thinking maybe a good compression while I am recording (I know it is a sin but as a bassist I don't own compression). Do you think this would solve the problem?

any suggestions?

I am open to all suggestions.

121 sounds
    44 posts

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=59277

4 sounds
    2 posts

A well-established open source TTS system is Festival:

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/

There are online demos on this site but these really are just for demonstration purposes. The files produced aren't licensed for non-private use, so as to prevent excessive usage. Yet festival itself is under an open license, so once it is installed it can be used for recordings etc (not that this is legal advice, of course -- I would recommend checking the license!).

Installing festival is easy if you are a Unix user. Now everyone should have access to Linux or Mac OS X, in my humble opinion :wink:. But if not, then you can get Festival on M$ Windows by first installing the Unix-like environment called Cygwin, from http://www.cygwin.com/

Then the installation steps are here:

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/cgi-bin/cstr/lists.cgi?config=festival_faq&entry=installing_festival

Cygwin itself is well worth having -- it opens up the open source world of Unix applications to the M$ platform.

4 sounds
    2 posts

Hello, people!

101 sounds
    99 posts

there are tons of standalone apps out there... not sure about vst... and i'm done googling for ppl... just look around.. i use fl7 and i contend that it is far from inferior to ableton live. if i'm not mistaken i think you might be able run fl as a vst in live..

106 sounds
    54 posts

always up for experimenting with music

0 sounds
    1 post

Hey

Does anyone know of any VST or even online Web app that I can use to type in various workd to get a Robot Voice effect. Ive seen such things on inferior software such as Fruity Loops but cant seem to find what im looking for any help would be much appreciated... First time using this site..

Cheers

Keir

368 sounds
    256 posts

I don't think you'll find it here bk!
    QUOTE.(from Freesound rules)

If the samples break copyright and someone complains, it's you who are responsible for your material! The easiest way to fully comply with the license is record or synthesize your own samples.

Still,do you mean murder she wrote by Chakademus & Pliers?.....GREAT track!
    I reckon you should seek out the several dub versions available where the beat is isolated and should be easy to work with.Good luck!

smile

0 sounds
    2 posts

Or it is exactly like the beat of murder she wrote..

25 sounds
    1 post

Jou ! I do ... just easy going with it !

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, I had a Nokia phone, one of those bright orange and blue jobs, so few years old. It blew up when I put the wrong charger on it! BUT I would LOVE to find the ringtone I had on it called 'CICADAS', can anyone help? Thanks.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hellow.. I'm Searching for the sample off.. Angel eyes ( Tere baaton mein )

Thank you

0 sounds
    3 posts

I am super old school but you could just go to walmart (by the by F-walmart go to target or where ever) and get a cheep pair of walkie talkies and record through them, its basically a cheep filter/Ep and will get you a nice dirty sound if that is what you want, you can also do really messed up feedback things with 2 wakie talkies if that is what you want...

0 sounds
    3 posts

this is my first post, and I guess I come from the rock world but my band has done this one so maybe I can help, basically what we have done to get this effect is have one of us sing this song many times though slight pitch shifting effects throughing off the signal just a tad, which sounds great if you stack them...

we used a cheep boss ps-2 guitar effect to do this, I am not sure if there is a plug in for this effect as I am really just hear to learn, but if there is I would maybe try that...

we have also done all 4 off use through this effect, about 15 ft from the mic in the studio we doubled it up it sounds like f*&king army on cd, so maybe you can find a bunch of people to help you, alot of people will help you for free if you just ask...

26 sounds
    107 posts

nemoDaedalus
    Take a look at this video. It uses an enormous amount of CC licensed photos, the attribution is at the beginning.

Yup, that would work too. Hard to read, but people get the idea.

24 sounds
    1 post

I'll be really happy to take part in this project. Hope it's not to late!

18 sounds
    456 posts

Take a look at this video. It uses an enormous amount of CC licensed photos, the attribution is at the beginning.