Forums

210 sounds
    52 posts

Is it possible to do the attribution on your website?

Here in the US, the public radio stations use music between the stories (they call them "music buttons"wink. On their website they credit the music and even post a link to it:

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3

27 sounds
    3 posts

I'm using Xilisoft Audio Ripper to extract any Audio Material from DVD Movies. smile

0 sounds
    2 posts

I think that sounds a bit ?cartoony? for what I'm looking for, though it actually wasn't that far off. I'm looking to have a few seconds of footsteps as an unseen giant marches up from behind, then possibly a crunch as he steps on a human narrator and continues on his way without blinking.

A little on the cartoony / humorous side would be appropriate, but not quite this much.

Thanks again for the effort!

mosk

6 sounds
    24 posts

Probably nothing like what you're looking for, but umm I gave it my best shot...

enjoy

http://www4.webng.com/darkstarmusic/gaintsteps.wav

Note: Heavily distorted and slowed kick drum with slight reverb and panning added.

1531 sounds
    110 posts

I prefer nr 1. I think this continues what we know and what we like, maybe without this background it will present better. In nr 2 when i read it i miss "o", other are to cosmic for me smile

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi. I'm looking for some footstep sounds that I could use for a giant who walks into the scene and crushes a hapless human. I've searched through the varied steps / footsteps / stomp files and couldn't find one that would work for me.

Thanks for any help,
    Mosk the Scribe

18 sounds
    456 posts

Metadata won't get aired, so that wouldn't be much use.
    I think the best thing you can do id contact the sound's creators and ask their permission. The Creative Commons license is not strict. The creator can always still give permission to use it without attribution.
    Additionally, if you can't contact the creator or they won't give you permission, you can ask in the Samples Requests forum for somebody to create a similar sound under the condition that you can use it on air without attribution.

103 sounds
    196 posts

juskiddink
    I like the(almost Linux-style) freesound homepage the way it is and hope it won't end up looking more like hundreds of sites I don't like the look of.

justkiddink is right!
    the present design of freesound is clean/light/cool, I always liked it.
    the one proposed has a highly contrasted palette of colors, thick tabs and fat titles - deja vu, as justkiddink pointed out.
    in this age of visual bulimia (abnormally voracious appetite or unnaturally constant hunger)
    and horror vacui http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_vacui
    the freesound white homepage is a very elegant project - less is better!

forgive me, I'm a graphic designer :roll:

368 sounds
    257 posts

..I don't think I understand all the changes on the horizon here,guess that makes it exciting. smile

Logo 1 gets my vote (for reasons well-said above) but I also don't like the breaking glass.......sound at glass-breaking pitch scares me and reminds of that Tinnitus nightmare. sad
    So, in the same place,how about a simple,faint silluoette of a sonokid with headphones on?...(not really headphones as a cool-dj gimmick,more like representing an essential part of the soundrecordists gear.)This would also give"a mind behind the sound,.....us freesounders" connection.
    Logo 2 is really very split-up...........frees..(freeze?)........und..(and?).It might work better if you white-out the middle of the O.....but I don't like it.

I like the(almost Linux-style) freesound homepage the way it is and hope it won't end up looking more like hundreds of sites I don't like the look of.
    Doubtless it could be more user-friendly but so what?..in this age of the short attention span,to demand patience and a bit of focus is no bad thing and you do us all a service imo.
    Anyway,whatever the changes,I will get used to them...even my newspaper is now in tabloid format. :x
    So it's just to wish you good luck and perseverance,Bram, with this great project. smile

21 sounds
    52 posts

Maybe you can embedd this info as metadata in the files?

Broadcast Wave Format: http://www.ebu.ch/en/technical/publications/userguides/bwf_user_guide.php

121 sounds
    1552 posts

thanks for all the replies so far guys.
    some comments:

* the colors in the logos are freely changeable. We will need to change the colors anyway to fit into the design.
    * looks like a lot of people like 1 and 2, but the breaking glass doesn't seem to be very popular.
    * cajo, Nightingale is just a codename, the name will remain "freesound" but we will start referring to it as "freesound.org" wink

- Bram

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi to all,
    I work as a radio-author for German public radio. Now, I found some samples, I could really need for a radio feature. The station does not have any possibility to attribute the creator of the file - what can I do?
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Christine

103 sounds
    196 posts

# 1 is the only valid to me: simple, quickly recognizable - even if the font is an usual one
    but the breaking glass add visual/logical confusion: it won't work well in small/extra small version - and, breaking what? copyright? leave only the wave like in logo 3

you have proposed only one logo on white field, all the others are on dark backgrounds:
    I would have tried a dark-on-light version of every logo, for different usages like printing on paper and tshirts.
    I think logo #1 will work well on a light field with "free" black/gray and "sound" same orange color. in this version the wave could start at left with orange like "sound" and ends the same dark color of "field" to join the character

to be sincere, I really do not like the other logos

Bram, you told us the name of Freesound2 would be Nightingale: did you change idea? only curious, I like "freesound" :wink:

0 sounds
    1 post

hello everyone how are you?

--
    Rich Solman - iMW "think BIG"
    E: online.earners.2008@gmail.com

434 sounds
    230 posts

Could record some sounds.

4 sounds
    47 posts

What a silly woman. She must have had a lot of children.

4 sounds
    47 posts

There is a small 'PM' underneath every post in between 'search' and 'email'. Click that and message them.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Well Bram, connecting the 4 busses of an anologmixer to the Zoom H2 is one example.
    Recording 2 softsynths on 1 computer on 4 channels is an other. It take's so much
    from the CPU that it is no option to record on the same system. Also recording from 2
    computers stereo-out is now possible with the four line inputs from the H2.
    It is fun to put one switch to the mike's and one to the line's and record both together.
    I am glad that I made the modification. My aim is to bring the 4 tracks to 5.1 surround.
    The channel separation of the 4 build-in microphones is nothing compared to the line
    input's, believe me. By the way, there is a version2 on You Tube, search for;
    zoom h2 modification. I added condensers for DC blocking. Look for the circuit.
    Please, keep in contact with this thread, much more to come. I work on the
    optimalisation of the Zoom H2 and will post that on this and other fora.
    I hope to do many recording enthousiasts a favour with this hacks. Soon the
    version 3 modification will come on You Tube and Vimeo with a still better
    performance and a surprise.
    Open source hardware hacking; this is only the beginning of an audiophile's dream!

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, how I can send PM?

193 sounds
    16 posts

I like them all, but I think 2 is best. It is simple yet identifiable and professional. It will be versatile to use in web and print. I like the colors of #1. I really like the new design at the bottom. But I think the yellow sticky can go away, I have enough of those at work. smile