Forums

3092 sounds
    479 posts

endforwards
    so i've just gawn and got one quite cheap as a bit of a spontaneous panic buy
    just wondering.... (i am a complete novice to field recording)
    all this talk of preamps has worried me

i was going to (hopefully if i can work it out) put rockbox on it, plug in one of those tiny t-mics like the ones you see on the m-audio microtrack) and start recording stuff

does that sond plausible??!!

sad

yes you can without any preamp (other than the one in the iRiver itself). But for clean results try not to crank the iRiver 'gain' too high (>20 with rockbox)... that meaning you'll need relatively strong signals. For instance, live music would be ok and one bird singing would be too low for the gear. There is plenty of info in this forum, just search 'h120' And of course in other places, for example:
    http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverInstall
    http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,104628.0.html

cheers

0 sounds
    3 posts

so i've just gawn and got one quite cheap as a bit of a spontaneous panic buy
    just wondering.... (i am a complete novice to field recording)
    all this talk of preamps has worried me

i was going to (hopefully if i can work it out) put rockbox on it, plug in one of those tiny t-mics like the ones you see on the m-audio microtrack) and start recording stuff

does that sond plausible??!!

sad

42 sounds
    30 posts

Is there any way to fix this problem?

137 sounds
    46 posts

You've asked a very open ended question. Can you be more specific about what you are trying to achieve?

-R

42 sounds
    30 posts

It's OK!

I've deleted all those samples, in order to never use them again.
    i will come up with 100% homemade samples soon wink

121 sounds
    1552 posts

nono, dobroide, that's not correct:

I propose a form, on freesound that let's you contact the user, NOT showing the email address!

But, once you get that email - you might want to reply, which then -as HK says- results in the person contacting you getting your email address.

- Bram

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi there, so recently I've really seriously got into filmmaking, i have a sweet camera and a mic for it as well and I was wondering does anyone have any tips on how to record seperate sounds for the film ie with a seperate mic and sound set or anything, any ideas?

3092 sounds
    479 posts

I fully agree with hammerklavier, wouldn't like my email address being automatically available upon replying.
    I also fear such a system could become a candy to spammers, which every day would open dozens of new freesound accounts to access the 50000 addresses available here (!)

J

121 sounds
    1552 posts

another language is just fine!

- bram

121 sounds
    1552 posts

question replied, file not passed...
    sorry m-red!

about Bubble Bobble: 1. freesound is not the place for music 2. the theme is most probably copyrighted, like nemoDaedalus says.

- bram

121 sounds
    1552 posts

that's a good point you are raising, HK...

- bram

42 sounds
    30 posts

The Files still needs to past trough moderation i guess.
    possibly it will not.i only can wait and see

- to Bram: I've (hopefully) answerd your questions some posts above

0 sounds
    4 posts

the dub siren plug that NoiseCollector linked to me is probably what i'm looking for in terms of making the sound myself.

the problem is doing it. i can't seem to make the sounds deep enough
    any suggestions?

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi everybody, I've got a question. I'm making a game in rpg-maker program. English is not my primiary language and the game is in other language. So I want to ask: Do I have to attribute samples which I am using in english language in the credits window or can they be in other language? This isn't so important but could save some of my time.

Thanks

0 sounds
    4 posts

not an air raid siren.
    it might not even be considered a siren at all.

a lot of "new age reggae" (hip hop) artists use what i am looking for in the backgrounds of their songs as just noise, to fill in what would otherwise be the same old beat throughout the song.

its a short, horn-like sound. goes from a high to low pitch. probably 1-1 1/2 steps in key.

one song specifically that i know uses it is "pom pom" by lil wayne

44 sounds
    99 posts

Bram

PS: you uploaded a file with lot's of gunshots etc in it... are you sure this file is legal? was it constructed from legal sound sources?

Was this file taken down??? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

0 sounds
    20 posts

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=45933

0 sounds
    20 posts

Are you looking for an air raid siren?

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Agreed with Bram to do this. It is faster and as long it is only registered users who can mail you it is relatively safe.

42 sounds
    30 posts

Yeah! Maybe you're right nemoDaedalus.But i'm not sure.

- to Bram: I've (hopefully) answerd your questions some posts above