Forums

69 sounds
    32 posts

Media Player Classic plays the sound correctly no matter what the settings are. And vice-versa, my audio editor plays the sound incorrectly no matter what the settings are. I'm going to try to download the latest drivers, but I don't think that can be the problem.

25 sounds
    2 posts

I downloaded this sample pack and I've got no problems playing them back. Works nicely in both WinAmp and the audio editor Audacity.

Are all the programs using the same playback method? For example in WinAmp in the preferences dialog you can switch output between DirectSound and WaveOut. If you enter the settings for those two outputs you can change the device and/or channels. Might be a place to start troubleshooting it at least.

0 sounds
    1 post

a microphone whit condenser

7 sounds
    10 posts

Thank you grin grin cool

69 sounds
    32 posts

I've downloaded the Tama Birch Drums sample pack (http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=1813) and I'm experiencing the following problem. (The samples are 24-bit 44 kHz.)

When I'm playing the sounds in Media Player Classic, they sound great. And I mean really great. But when I put them in an audio editor, they sound like shit. I even tried to re-record one of the sounds with the "What You Hear" mode on my Audigy 2 on 16-bit 44 kHz, 24/44, and 24/96, but it's still the same. If my soundcard is able to playback a sample at 24-bit 44 kHz (via Media Player Classic), I don't get how an audio editor can screw it. It's weird. This is really breaking my technical comprehension of sound on PC. And it's not the fault of the editor as I even tried the original Creative Wave Studio.

I really want to use the samples as they're dope, but I'm lost. Do you know what the problem might be?

69 sounds
    32 posts

Is there no one who can help at least a bit?

0 sounds
    17 posts

this is what ive been converting with.
    http://tlh.easytree.org/
    traders little helper

30 sounds
    1 post

Hey all,
    I am looking for a fairly specific sample. I am looking for a voice, preferably female, to say the following phrase- "Wither. Fade. Remain." This would be for my upcoming cd of the same title. I would of course give the vocalist/engineer full credit.

I would love a European voice preferably with an accent! Again, female voice preferred but I will be happy with a great vocal part regardless. I have tried sampling different people but we all have that same Central NY accent!

I anyone is famiar with the band Wilco there is a great female voice saying the words "Yankee, Hotel, Foxtrot" on their album of the same name. That is exactly what I am looking for. Almost a public address, dispatch style of delivery.
    Thanks so much!

25 sounds
    2 posts

Worked fine for me to download it a minute ago. I uploaded it to sendspace, you can try downloading it from there:

www.sendspace.com/file/dduy2n

0 sounds
    2 posts

Simon,

That's not at all bad considering the description I gave. The sample is to be used in an amateur dramatics play for a murder mystery and is used at the end of a scene where something happens that might give a clue to the murderer. The sample could be improved by raising the last note by 7 or 8 semitones so it sounds more like a question mark than a dramatic statement. It could also do with being about twice as long.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chorley Bob

48 sounds
    16 posts

grin hi I am from Scotland, as I said thought you might like this.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=50399

it should have what your looking for I have written the translations as well its just a few greeting in Gaelic
    enjoy grin

Chi mi a rithist sibh
    ( vobally sounding ike this) :arrow: see me er reaich shaf
    meaning see you later grin or good bie

hope the sample helps

48 sounds
    16 posts

grin thought you might like this its diffrent whispered speeded and sounds like a mouse saying those words about a mole face,
    you maybe able to use it enjoy

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=50389

48 sounds
    16 posts

grin hear try this http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=50389
    it may or may not work for you enjoy

7 sounds
    10 posts

I downloaded Flac and tried to convert a file to wav so Ican use the opening song. No luck so far. I'd be so greatful if you could point me in the right direction.

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hey everyone!

I need your help. I want to download the ASIO4ALL driver (www.asio4all.com) but when I download it, it takes a fraction of a second (very short file :? ) and when I try to run the .exe it tells me that the file might be corrupt. Would anybody have a copy of the .exe lying around somewhere on their computer?

1134 sounds
    284 posts

VPN connections create extra safety measures (firewall, virus scanners, secure connection) and this slows down your connection considerably.

0 sounds
    5 posts

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on recording (on a notebook) background noises in a badly soundproofed building built not even 10 years ago.

In a nutshell: I live in an apartment where one can hear the neighbours through the walls and ceiling (these acting like amplifiers it seems). I have loud people living below me, constant voices, TV from other neighbours, and one can hear doors slamming in the whole house, etc.

The problem is, that while any single event may not be extremely loud, it's the constant background noise that is annoying... it's as if it travelling and spreading through all the walls.

How best can I record this sort of "undirect" background noise? What equipment would I need? I would probably need some sort of audio interface to connect to the laptop. And what sort of microfone would I need (considering there is no direct sound source as such). What else?

Basically, I want to record what my ears are hearing...

Appreciate any advice!

Ed

48 sounds
    16 posts

grin being from scotland I thought you might like this its just a few phrase's in Gaelic etc im uploading for you and i'll tell you what that words mean in english ok? grin

0 sounds
    5 posts

thanks for checking that. seems you're right, somehow: I get much better speeds via the musipedia link, and when I use VPN connection via two different universities, the freesound connection gets faster. all between 50kb/s and 200 kb/s. I have no idea what the reason could be, without VPN I get max download speeds on other sites (600kb/s). without vpn, freesound connection still at around 5 kb/s.

can one freely sawp between the host addresses? (i.e. the beginning parts of the address)?

69 sounds
    32 posts

stomachache
    Once you get that right, I find it helps to glue the drums together with some tight compression on the whole drum submix, as well as a touch of reverb that all the drum sounds can be sent to.
    What exactly is a tight compression?