Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

hi.

let me just start by saying that this site is a great and usefull idea.

i own a recording studio & 2 rehearsal rooms in israel and this one

just solves me alot of midnight-"free-site??!!"-sample-hunting that goes

together with some obvious legal issues... .

i intend to contribute some sounds of our own to this wonderfull project.

stay tuned.. smile...

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Is it the average length of sounds on here?

Google translated it to 2.71828183 minutes but googling that gets dangerous.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

please take the "exactly" with a grain of salt.... I thougt you were trying to guss why exactly that length.
    the length probably doesn't make sense at any samplerate.
    it's just a special number.

- bram

3 sounds
    22 posts

163.0969098 * 44100 = 7192573.7221800 ~ 7 192 574

Or I am miscalculating something?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

welcome to freesound wink

where not only the samples are plenty, but the people are friendly as well!!

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

yup.

and that's Dr. Serra wink

- bram

4 sounds
    31 posts

drath
    I agree, I can hear some of the stuff going on too, but what samples should I start with? I've tried a couple drum beats, but nothing comes out like these.

Thing is that most drumloops are well-layered, I mean it's not just bassdrum and snare, but also different sub-sounds like sub-bass, noise, rustling and so on, so just try mixing up different sounds and working with pan and stereo imaging and you'll get what you want.

0 sounds
    2 posts

I agree, I can hear some of the stuff going on too, but what samples should I start with? I've tried a couple drum beats, but nothing comes out like these.

4 sounds
    31 posts

drath
    Anybody have any insight on how these type of samples can be made?

I hear Dblue Glitch VST effect in these samples. Simply try randomizing.

2 sounds
    62 posts

There were discussions here about the H2 before & some people like it & some people can't stand it. The Edirol though? I'm finally, finally ready to buy a digital recorder and would love to read some opinions on this too!

I want something pocketsized or close to it, and an extremely discreet microphone. For months I have been wanting to record my commute to work every day, some of the conversations on the bus are amazing. Also, the elevator at work has begun making a squeaking noise. And the Romanian accordion player has been walking slowly through the neighborhood again. And the lottery ticket woman in the metro has a very loud, mournful voice when she calls out to the crowd bustling past, it is as if she's selling a lucky chance for deep sadness and loss.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hello, I really love this sample pack here: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=819

I've been playing a lot with glitchy VSTs (lots of Darkware stuff/Glitch VST) but haven't been able to get anything like the samples from this pack. I'm guessing you start with a breakcore beat, with maybe some ambient stuff - then glitch out someway to create the sample? Anybody have any insight on how these type of samples can be made?

4677 sounds
    376 posts

http://www.archive.org/details/experimental_963

Thanks to DJ Chronos

31601__DJ_Chronos__dark_drone
    33660__DJ_Chronos__phased_strings
    34076__DJ_Chronos__Regular_Sine_1

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hey Chronos I would like to see that list posted here for everyone to see :wink:

17 sounds
    224 posts

Awesome flute sound, really relaxing, I like the bells in the background, and good stereo mixing. This would actually be very good for a real time strategy game smile A+

185 sounds
    79 posts

Used Hammerklavier's Sub D Blues to produce this short spot for a non commercial radio station on a VO board I am frequently frequenting. http://www.mikevendetti.com/images/Myspace_Produced.mp3. Thanks HK

0 sounds
    6 posts

Hi all.

I'm about to explore the world of field recording, mainly as a resource for my ambient music but also for sharing via this friendly community. I have been looking into the Edirol R-09 and the Zoom H2 vs. Zoom H4.

Your experince: Which would you choose, are they equal in quality?

I will not be buying any external microphones to start with.

Thank you...

- Hybel

10 sounds
    3 posts

I'm after a new set of stereo mics for location recording. Has anyone tried the SE Electronics SE1A stereo pair and is there a suitable windshield I could get for them? Any other recommendations would be appreciated also.

Cheers in advance.

J.

0 sounds
    2 posts

My first piece using Freesound files.
    Thanks to
    psakion for the gong files
    Marec for the gong file
    Fagiolino for the bird files

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=33727

That's me on Native American flute..

0 sounds
    2 posts

I found this place the other day. Very cool site. There are some great audio files here. You guys have been busy!!!

0 sounds
    1 post

I have tried everything that you suggested, and still can't get the files, I can listen to them, but if I click the download button it opens in another window and plays the sound in quicktime. I tried righclicking as suggested, but the only thing it will let me save is the image and not the sound. I've tried in firefox (my preferred browser) and IE7, they both do the same thing. Any suggestions?