Forums

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Ah, right, that makes it impossible to use a stomp box. In that case: I don't have any experienced with synthesised guitars so I can't give you any advice... I play my metal with my axe smile

0 sounds
    8 posts

Ah, because I dont have a guitar, Im using a synthed one, I can only play drums, so I do all my drum tracks myself.

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Hi Cyko - wouldn't it be much easier to put use a stand-alone processor to do the job? A simple Boss Metalzone would do the trick. I even saw a guy getting the right sound out of a Boss DS2.

0 sounds
    8 posts

Hey Guys! I was wondering how on FL studio 8 can I get the perfect grindcore / death metal guitar sound, as I've tried a lot so far? My plan is to make some idst. Egrind. I almost got the perfect sound today, but the compressor wasn't enough to control the distortion, and I spent about an hour trying to find a balance.

Tbh Im really not good at this yet and FL studio isn't exactly the best place to be making Egrind, but that's what I'm stuck with.

0 sounds
    5 posts

thetruwu
    hey guys,

I like to lay in bed with my laptop and listen to music. The only problem is that my speakers are across the room, and i don't want to run a 15 ft. long rca cable across my bed to my laptop tongue

Anyways, does anyone have a good suggestion for a bluetooth transmitter/receiver/whatever to get (from my macbook to my prosumer speakers)? I googled it and got about 2000 options, all of which seemed like they'd break within five minutes of plugging them in. I'm looking for good sound quality (doesn't have to be mind-blowing; that's what my monitors are for), and decent range...preferably for under $50. Getting an airport express isn't an option since my cable modem is all the way across my apartment.

I know this isn't a legit "music gear" question, but what better people to ask than you guys? smile

Thanks in advance,
    Will

Are you looking for Wireless Head Phones.
    If so i picked up a pair for $12 AUD at GO-LO. Surprisingly extremely good audio it also supported me to plug my xbox into it.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Everythink went back to normal the day after: it is probably a problem from the server.

2 sounds
    19 posts

hey guys,

I like to lay in bed with my laptop and listen to music. The only problem is that my speakers are across the room, and i don't want to run a 15 ft. long rca cable across my bed to my laptop tongue

Anyways, does anyone have a good suggestion for a bluetooth transmitter/receiver/whatever to get (from my macbook to my prosumer speakers)? I googled it and got about 2000 options, all of which seemed like they'd break within five minutes of plugging them in. I'm looking for good sound quality (doesn't have to be mind-blowing; that's what my monitors are for), and decent range...preferably for under $50. Getting an airport express isn't an option since my cable modem is all the way across my apartment.

I know this isn't a legit "music gear" question, but what better people to ask than you guys? smile

Thanks in advance,
    Will

17 sounds
    4 posts

I'll take that challenege. Search for "Geek Radio" tomorrow for my responses.

0 sounds
    5 posts

Ever listen to the radio or internet radio and you hear them call sounds like 10.5 The Edge in a totally awesome voices. Im making a Geek Radio so basically what i need is a series of sounds of someone saying "Geek Radio, Radio for the Technology Gifted" and "Geek Radio" I would also like for some of them to have some sound effects in them, computer/printer ones or guitar or drum. What you fancy. Any help is mega appreciated.
    Anyone up to the Challenge?
    Will credit if required.

185 sounds
    79 posts

Here you go. Watch out Michael Buffer http://www.anumber1.com/mike/cornelius.mp3

0 sounds
    24 posts

check your pm please!

0 sounds
    1 post

I've got the same problem. I am using Firefox 3.0.

0 sounds
    6 posts

hello everyone

after two months and a lot of sleepless nights we finally finished the short biosteam some weeks ago. to watch it, use following link:

http://www.vimeo.com/1078995

special thank to samson and jonathan for their patience and incredible work for sfx and foleys.

best wishes from berlin
    yves

0 sounds
    1 post

I wanna to buy notebook, please give me advice to choose what better.
    Apple MacBook Pro (ZOEC002P1) vs Sony VAIO VGN-AR61ZRU
    Why you think about this models?
    Excuse if I was mistaken section.

103 sounds
    195 posts

I'm very sorry to give this information so late (back home from traveling and found it). I hope it would be anyway useful for those interested in the work of John Cage.
    here's some words from http://www.aaa-angelica.com/ (to read the complete text and event program: clic on "mappamenu"->N news->Take the Cage Train)

"Cage’s Train remained engraved in the memories of all of those who took part in it, and the echo left behind by this prepared train still resonates after many years. In occasion of the 30th anniversary of one of the most important musical projects ever realized in Italy ... a new train is under construction.
    A part of the programme (1978 - Cage’s Train - In search of the lost silence - Three excursions for prepared train) will be dedicated to the events of 1978:
    An exhibition of photographic material, videos, installations and unpublished documents at Bologna’s Museo d’Arte Moderna (MAMbo, a fundamental collaborator to this project).
    The publication of a photographic book which contains critical essays on the event, in Italian and English, of three audio CDs containing the recordings made during the train’s journeys in 1978, elaborated by Walter Marchetti and Patrizio Fariselli following Cage’s instructions, and of one DVD (all the above are unpublished material which is being collected and issued for the first time).
    A new trio (whose members are all linked to Cage) with Joan la Barbara, Alvin Curran, and Philip Corner will open the series of concerts that will take place at the MAMbo.
    Two special evenings with FontanaMIXensemble from Bologna, a group of musicians that, in spite of the difficulties faced by those who do research, keeps developing its work on an international level. In this specific occasion they will present a few of Cage’s least known works, performed by a line-up which is rather new for those compositions, which also entail a special relationship with space.

The other part of the programme, closely linked to the events that will take place at MAMbo, looks back to 1978 in order to rethink 2008, and to reflect upon the present.
    Take The Little Cage Train, at Bologna’s Museo della Musica, is the children’s world, a world that is close to all musics, lacking the distinctions made by adults. There will be an itinerant performance based on Cage’s work and created over several months by students and their teachers.
    Last but not least, Boletus Edulis - commuter music - by Alvin Curran, musical director of the project, musician and composer, who will be in charge of the sonorization of the train and of coordinating the guest musicians with the local contributions (town bands, choirs, etcetera). For them, he will write new compositions in order to re-project together the “prepared train” and the places of its stops: an acoustic train in sharp contrast with modern technology, where musicians and music occupy a central role.
    Before returning to Bologna, the audience/passengers will enjoy a mushroom-based buffet inspired in Cage’s passion for mushrooms.
    The ingredients of Boletus Edulis will not be fully revealed, but they will remain a surprise for the passengers: only at the end of the event it will be possible to know and to write what happened.
    Radios will follow the train in order to broadcast it to the places it cannot reach."

the main site of the event:
    http://www.iltrenodijohncage.it/silence/default.asp

MAMbo = Museo d'arte Moderna di Bologna
    http://www.mambo-bologna.org/file-sito/eng/mostre/future/home.html

museo internazionale e biblioteca della musica di Bologna
    http://www.museomusicabologna.it/concerti.htm#cage

pictures of the 1978 event
    http://www.sfrombolone.it/fotoenricoscuro/photo.php?cat_id=90

Alvin Curran's website
    http://www.alvincurran.com/index.html

101 sounds
    99 posts

Well, brother... those are ROMplers, and legally the bare patches can't be uploaded here. What makes those units so bad-ass is not the samples anyway, but the pads on which you play them. I have a hunch you want "world" type and percussion sounds; so i suggest taking the time to dig for individual sounds and packs of that nature here at freesound... you will find plenty of good samples, i assure you.. here is a link to get you started http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=3456 good lucks

0 sounds
    1 post

hi friends, i need samples of drum machine roland spd-20 or hpd-15

thanks.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi. First off I just want to say that I love this site. It's awesome and there is alot of creativity lurking around in here. With that being said, I am an up and coming producer who needs a name and a vocal tag to go along with it. Something catchy and simple that is easy to spell and in a vocal format that can cut through a mix. Original is always best too. So far I've only been able to come up with Shiny Giant as a possibility. I make hip-hop beats but I'm not crazy about anything that is spelled with a z (if you catch my drift). I know this is a shot in the dark but if anyone happens to know a cool word or maybe just have a cool audio clip lying around I would forvever be greatfull. And if I ever get on (make it big) I'll be sure to throw a little something your way. Wink wink and what not.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hello,

I am getting the following error when trying to do a search via the API:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/class.FreesoundWordnet.php on line 220

Is there any way the PHP max memory setting can be increased above 8MB? ... or is there some other way to solve this problem?

Thanks!
    R

25 sounds
    11 posts

hi there:

I love using the freesound sample pool in ccmixter.org remixes. I am grateful to those of you who worked out that the sample pool here would be easily searched from there. It's great!, and it's helped me make fun music.

Usually, when I do a remix I use the mixter attribution engine, which I believe uses your search engine to search things which are on your site.
    Ordinarily, I can just log in the freesound number, and pull up the sample attribution.

However, this week I had this bug arise:
    when I search for samples numbered 7382 and 27757, the search engine replied that they did not exist. I found them manually by name instead.
    All the other freesound samples turned up fine.

I checked with Victor S who advised me that it was not an issue at the mixter end, so now I thought I would check with you.

I write in case you've made a change to your search engine which created this issue recently, as I never had this issue arise before.

I searched from Mozilla.

Thanks so much for making these sounds available to ccmixter.