Forums

27 sounds
    13 posts

Would like to play around with this, unfortunately I can't see some rather essential controls on my 1024*768px screen: http://omploader.org/vdXc1

121 sounds
    1552 posts

there is some element of truth to what LS said. we moderators know some names to be trust-worthy and some not-so...
    there's also a whitelist of users whose files don't have to pass moderation, but there are very few on that list.

- bram

0 sounds
    123 posts

LS
    What Bram just said. If youre fairly new then it will take a bit longer. Not always. Once you get more stuff up, your uploads will go a bit faster being as youre trusted a bit more.

Let me tell you what bram actualy said. Bram said that the moderation fase is done by humans and depends on the ability of said humans. It is apsolutely nothing to do with how new you are. I think you could may be do with reading messages a bit more carefully than that. I don't necessarily think that people like being taken out of context. Ay?
    smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi,

I've been using samples from the excellent Freesound site in a few Flash animations I've been doing, if you're tempted to take a look it's...

www.monkeybum.net

Credits for the main page are a link from the main screen - all other animations have credits at the end.

Hopefully I haven't put anyones fine work to shame,
    Cheers.

1 sound
    11 posts

Hi to all of you,

I'm the soundengineer for a small play wich takes place on a (verry) small cruisseship.
    Here for i need some sounds of the ocean, seagulls, shipbell and so on these i can find here and otherwise on the internet.
    But i also need a clean sound of an anchor (chain) dropping in the sea and one were the anchor is raised again you know the
    typical "ratling" sound tik tik tik... grin These i just can't find, there are some movies on youtube but the sound quality is
    realy bad. :cry: I would try to record the sound myself if i could but there aren't any ships or smal boats with anchor's nearby here were i live.
    So i'm asking you guys for your help.... you would do me a realy big favour

Gr. Wouter

258 sounds
    355 posts

That's cool and all but my feelings are that its not meant for us to hear but rather the son to hear.

I once found (love letters) by a girl to this boy she liked, in a old dresser. They were pretty graphic...apparently he was using her...got busy with her (literally) in the back at his work...then went around telling everyone she was a whore. Turns out it was one of her first times and he talked her into it (there was around 20 letters or so). I felt really bad for the girl reading them letters. She poured her heart out to this guy asking him why the hell he told all sorts of lies.

but check this out...lol...there was a few numbers on there. So I called them and they WORKED!! So I left the guy a message telling me some things (the letters weren't all that old probably about 6 months or so). So he called me back trying to act tough. I laid into him pretty good fronting like i knew who he was and was friends of the girl..

too funny. That dude was SCAAAAAARED...I later went into their work (that was also in the letters it was only a few blocks from my house) and told him I knew who he was etc. Guy was shitting bricks. I told him he'd have to call her up and apologize etc. Made him do it right then and there.

258 sounds
    355 posts

What Bram just said. If youre fairly new then it will take a bit longer. Not always. Once you get more stuff up, your uploads will go a bit faster being as youre trusted a bit more.

3121 sounds
    481 posts

Not an easy decission nowadays, visit http://www.solidstatesound.co.uk/ and decide for yourself (ha ha!)

Seriously, I think the Zoom H2 would suffice. But seeing the PMD 660 recommended is funny, digifish. I even thought you were kidding...

D

163 sounds
    137 posts

If it is compact enough, i would like to recommend Fostex FR2LE. Good Micpre quality, IMHO better than the Marantz. Thats what i have heard from someone who has tested both. Furthermore the battery life is very long if you use a racing pack - about 5 hours.

609 sounds
    276 posts

CEK
    Hi,
    I´m a photgrapher and video maker. Because I want to record field sound to enhance slides shows and videos I´m looking for a field recorder. Here is what I´m looking for:
    1.Because I travel in the mountains it has to be as light and compact as possible
    2. Robust
    3. Digital
    4. Good built in mike as well as socket for external mike
    5. It can´t cost the world (cheap skate - I know)

Thanx I appreciate suggestions!
    Cheers

Probably a Marantz PMD 660...

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/uploads/Image/PMD660_Hand.jpg

Or smaller and lighter, Edirol R09HR

digifish

609 sounds
    276 posts

scorpio_dx
    I have created a Windows console program to analyze notes in .wav files with a great deal of accuracy and flexibilty. I have it uploaded at www.mediafire.com/file/kqjnzimndc4/WAV2PIC.zip

Please check it out. Thanks.

Shankar

Looks interesting...checking smile

2 sounds
    11 posts

zooki
    Man i love to write and play and sing all day, problem is when i do i hear electro synth sound effects instuments all sorts going on beats stage vibes.. but its all my head.. i want to master the art of adding these things to my vocals but alas my attempts are very futile... i dont want a band.. i want another person in tune with what im doing... i play the guita and sing, somethines only sing, think radiohead in rainbows or the postal service and your cloes think ELO and we are on a par...

Anyone else looking for something similar, distance isnt a problem, the postal service sent each other their bits and bobs and recorded them over each other!! i got a nice TAscam recording system and some decent mics and stuff so give it a whirl and see what happens????

oh by the way im Fizzy50 and you can check me out here, i try my best to use freesound clips (all acknowledged) and you can find me on FACEBOOK, MYSPACE nad YOUTUBE, i been a member for a good while here so its not just drop in and tap up, its a genuine love of what you all do on here smile

check me out and see whats down...

thanks for listening..

Fizzy

Hi mate...I've just sent you a friend request at MySpace...in the mean time, here's my profile if you wanna check me out:-
    http://www.myspace.com/grinderone

Cheers...
    Mart(Grinder-one).

121 sounds
    1552 posts

moderation is done by humans, so depending on availability of said humans, it goes slower or faster.

moderating right now...

you can help us by writing GOOD descriptions!

- Bram

0 sounds
    6 posts

sounds grand my friend.. im up for anythign except hardcore rave and hiphop..

it can be anything and ill give it a go

HOTCHIP
    THE POSTAL SERVICE
    RADIOHEAD
    ELO
    DAFTPUNK
    CSS

theres hundreds of cool styles out there and their all interesting.. i just want some elctronic sampling in my life smile

thanks in advance.. hit me up when your free

Fizzy

48 sounds
    1 post

had the same problem...they are usually faster than they have been...i uploaded a file about three or four days ago...I just re-submitted it thinking it had been overlooked or even rejected!

4 sounds
    2 posts

Yeah... almost 3 days but i still can't see/reach the files...

0 sounds
    1 post

I have created a Windows console program to analyze notes in .wav files with a great deal of accuracy and flexibilty. I have it uploaded at www.mediafire.com/file/kqjnzimndc4/WAV2PIC.zip

Please check it out. Thanks.

Shankar

18 sounds
    456 posts

Sounds interesting. I'm working on some songs, once I have one up I could ask you what you think and if you're interested in singing it. I'm not sure it's exactly the style you describe, but I'm an ELO lover too, so I guess it should be cool.

1 sound
    16 posts

I was at a venue last night and something was wrong with the PA and for a while it made the typical loud pops/noises
    that you hear often when you go out. I guess it's a loose connection or something. Can anyone record some of those please?

Preferably a series of pops with different timbres/loudness.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hi,
    I´m a photgrapher and video maker. Because I want to record field sound to enhance slides shows and videos I´m looking for a field recorder. Here is what I´m looking for:
    1.Because I travel in the mountains it has to be as light and compact as possible
    2. Robust
    3. Digital
    4. Good built in mike as well as socket for external mike
    5. It can´t cost the world (cheap skate - I know)

Thanx I appreciate suggestions!
    Cheers