Forums

2 sounds
    5 posts

I need help reading some phrases in catala. Slow Breathy voice/ whispering for a song. These are just random verses for a dark electronic song I'll be incorporating in a short film that is going to be presented in LA later this year. thanx.

Busco per tot arreu.
    Rarament amaguem les nostres idees.
    Sé el que penses.
    Sóc més gran que tu.
    Trobo impossible reconèixer la significancia.
    Encara no he pogut aprendre aquesta lliçó.
    Potser aquest sigui un error molt comú.
    Potser és poc probable que vagi a passar.
    La tempesta arriba a la platja.
    Què descobreixes en el mar?
    Té els ulls blaus.
    L'aigua ve d'un lloc llunyà, Sembla l'hora de marxar.

36 sounds
    215 posts

There is one totally free and accept many format cool

Mixere 1.0.82 (don"t forget to turn up volume)
    - download link

else there is this :?

Free Mixer Indepth 1.4.0.0:
    - download link

433 sounds
    197 posts

Halleck
    Have you tried a dedicated FTP client? WS_FTP, SmartFTP, FireFTP, etc.

I just downloaded FireFTP but I have no idea how to use it.

0 sounds
    3 posts

For good measure his video can be seen here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_3dPC52qc

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi,

I found this project earlier today when helping my step-son with an animation project.

He's been recording, frame by frame, Lego models using a web-cam and Microsoft's Vidcap32, scenes have been joined with AVIEdit from a chap called Alexander Milukov which also allows simple addition of WAV files.

Some sounds of Jet Planes, Zaps and crashes from this project really helped to set off this afternoon's work. He's justifiably proud of his work, and your sounds. The description of how some of these sound where made/recorded also gave some further inspiration.

The point of this messages is to ask for recommendations, AVIEdit can add sounds but it really can not mix them. Does anyone know of some simple lowcost Windows mixing software? I guess we need to be able to trim or fade sounds, fit them to a time lines and combine 2 or 3 sound sources into a single WAV output.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Colin

106 sounds
    54 posts

http://www.soundclick.com/projectmarv

'Passions' is now available here for listening. grin
    'Soul Cleanse' is presently unavailable anywhere.

258 sounds
    355 posts

GOD DAMN YOU FUCKING BABY FLOWER.

how's that for cuzing?

listen my point if valid. you want so much participation then ask EVERYONE TO UP LOAD A SOUND JACK ASS. i bet youre one of the fucks i'm talking about.

now i agree with hall. see i can feel that point.

but hey flowers don't get mad at me because you can't or don't think very logically. i mean you can attempt to insult me all you want. trust me i know i can easily do the same to you (and in this post i've erased a few things that would have gotten your panties in a bunch-i did it for brams sake-see i'm trying to be good).

but i think everything i've bitched about has always been a vallid thing to bitch about. see unlike you i have an opinion and point to them..i'm not a..yasshuh..no suh kinda person (bitches like you suck the shit out of so many peoples assholes that you for got what its like to actually have YOUR OWN THOUGHT)

oooooooooooooooh

106 sounds
    54 posts

nice. grin

106 sounds
    54 posts

Some great material on there Sienna

106 sounds
    54 posts

Well, the people you mention actually use finger cymbals.

You could try -
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=34154
    or (not quite right, but still nice) - http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=34156

106 sounds
    54 posts

I quite like that one, but aren't there copyright issues with the station's themselves?

You could also make something from this - http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=11724

17 sounds
    224 posts

I could help with sounds from videogames but I don't think I could post them on Freesound. I cold put them on my esnips account and send you the link, tho or send it tdirectly to your email... what lenght are you looking for?

106 sounds
    54 posts

Just right click the icon and use the "save target as" option.

36 sounds
    215 posts

Problem #1:
    Do the DFT or the FFT Spectral take some part of CPU/MPU power.

Problem #2:
    How process the 32000 Sounds already here without steeling
    all the CPU power...

Problem #3:
    This is not everyone that use Spectral Graphic or that know that exist...

But when I propose this, FreeSound Has only one server
    that run with an CPU power average of 75%.

But now FreeSound have two server with
    individual CPU power average of 30%...

For now Bram seem to have not the time to implement this
    and have another problems to solve like make running the new server http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-053.gif

17 sounds
    55 posts

dobroide
    Some form of distributed computing (Seti-like) could do the trick. Anyway, I doubt the coolness of having spectral views justifies the effort to implement this...

I know that the University of London has a computing grid, I don't know if anything similar is available through UPF...

Am I right in thinking that the overhead (for Bram) of developing a C application using FFTW to do this would be relatively low given the current spectral-centroid image generating codebase, which is presumably doing most of the same calculations already? It seems to me that while there might be benefits, implementing something client side in java / flash might be substantially more work and possibly annoying for users not to be able to use straight ftp... having said that, I do believe there is a place for more rich stuff on the client side, generally.

I can see that using the same server that is hosting the site in order to do all the processing of the existing database would be a problem, but I don't see the problem if a grid is dedicated to it for a while and the server is used to process new samples... not that I have much real experience of such things.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi,
    I didnt really find something that I would need for theater use. A roman cohort marching in heavy metal armours.
    Or just the sound of heavy metallic armour.
    Did thorough search, yet found nothing of the like.

Thank you
    erdelyi.gergely@gmail.com

0 sounds
    5 posts

thx m8,

i can use some from this grin

121 sounds
    1538 posts

Also, does anyone else have experience problems?

- bram

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hi, and thank you for the compliment. I really appreciate it. The intro is simply down to the incredible chant samples submitted by djgriffin. When I came across them I just knew I had to try and compose a piece around them.
    Tibetan Dream was inspired and sparked by the samples, as opposed to my having an initial conceptual idea, and then looking for appropriate samples to use. I do have an interest in Buddhism too, and I wanted to compose something that contained something of it's essence.

I gave some elements of the vocals more depth by layering them. I used Reason and Magix software in the composition, playing the music element via midi keyboard.
    Thanks for the input smile

Sienna, aka Soloneili

178 sounds
    738 posts

Very cool film! I can't really comment from a sound-design perspective as it's a bit noisy here and I'm tired, but it definitely works from an audience persepctive!
    Reminds me of that short from the Animatrix where the kid has to jump out the window, except this was cooler (I thought) because of the flying! grin
    Also, the scenery is really cool... looks to me like old puerto vallarta or one of those old hillside barrios.

Nice job.