Forums

482 sounds
    137 posts

I love Eyehategod, and Xasthur rocks.

A good way to get hard, guitar-esque type sounds is to process your sound through distortion and guitar-amp processes. This works with pretty much any type of tone to get a nice metal crunch, but especially with a synth with a strong sawtooth wave.

8 sounds
    1 post

Norwegian cartoon. You might not get all the points ehm.. but lotsa freesound samples. Thanks folks greate job!!!

www.myspace.com/herrkalkun

0 sounds
    1 post

Hey im new on this forum/site

But i would like to ask some-one to make a scratched sample with the text "rise of a legend" its for a hiphop song and it could be like 4 to 5 seconds long

I dont know if you make em your own or you extract them from...well anywhere but

its just a question if it isnt possible then i'll look further

0 sounds
    3 posts

ok thank you.

0 sounds
    1 post

bro where u find tht sample?

plz tell me coz i m also looking for it so badly..

wting for ur reply

Dj Mak.

434 sounds
    230 posts

I like the sound of this idea. However it ain't very fair that you got the chance to vote high on your own samples. And the reason is because if they can, they'll propably will do that. So limit the first vote between 3 and 7. Maybe it's my swedish heritage that makes a reminder here, but for me it would be better if you could vote neither high nor low would be the most fair way to do it. I'm not any admin what so ever, but that's just my simple thought here.

:quick edit:
    And while we're at voting I'd love to see not just the overall vote, but also votes for quality, idea, length etc. The reason is because then you could get a much more full rate of the sound. And just to clearify this right now: I vote for the samples I LIKE, and if I find use for it.

130 sounds
    10 posts

maximise is always a compromise and should be used only in digital productions.

85 sounds
    73 posts

I never liked the fact that people are too lazy (or whatever reason it is) to rate the files they downloaded.
    Now I had an idea popping up in my mind: Why dont't the people who approve the uploaded files make the first rating? If you could implement the rating feature into your approval-administration-panel-thingy (whatsoever you may use... wink), it wouldn't even slow down the process - a click doesn't cost that much time. Just the first impression, no long considerations and deliberations.

Maybe people just don't want to be the first to rate a sample, so that would make it easier for them.
    The file admins should be adept enough, and they have to listen to the entire sample anyway, I guess.

Greetings
    Connum
    (who rates every sample he downloads if he's not too rattled... wink)

121 sounds
    1545 posts

no one will be banned here...

sirima: we don't like illegal things in freesound, so please, keep it legal.

- bram

0 sounds
    9 posts

Moderator:

you're absolutely right not to trust my uploads - because there aren't any.
    But that was not my question since I did not upload anything yet. I don't know how to add sounds here on this forum and that was my main question.
    Any sound provided here - even from a 17th Century clock is illegal but the original composers are all dead.
    So now I will never upload anything - I don't know how to do it anyway.
    Wherever the chimes sounds from Westminster are recorded doesn't matter: they're all the same. Hence, there is nothing illegal about providing these melodies. All grannies have clocks on their chimney chiming like Big Ben that anyone can record. They're still sold in Belgian clock shops - not illegal at all - our midget Kingdom is part of the EU.

And now I bet Sirima will be banned from the forum?

44 sounds
    99 posts

"I also dowloaded the Big Ben Chime Pro sound program from Aquarius that I can use for one trial month for free (from Singapore). Then they will charge me US $ 30 to keep it, way too expensive - these Chinese leechers, I find that a ripoff. Do you know of any crack or serial to cheat on them dog eaters? Because it really works well: the genuine sound of Westminster Abbey in London, every quarter of an hour. " - Sirima

Sirima - you weren't planning on ripping off the big ben clock samples from this program were you? This is illegal and should not be uploaded to this site. If you did create the recording yourself you shouldn't have had a problem getting the sounds for your alarm clock program you were asking for in another thread.

MODERATOR - beware of big ben sounds uploaded by Sirima.

0 sounds
    1 post

what im looking for is some samples i can mash together to imitate the black metal style of guitars not not really actual guitar samples....if that makes any sense....kinda like eyehategod meets haemoth or xasthur....any ideas would be appriciated.

0 sounds
    9 posts

I have an original 1 chime bell (hour) sound of the Big Ben Clock at London's Westminster Abbey but I don't know how to add the attachment because it is stored in my computer as a file.
    If you like to have it let me know how to add it here.
    I also have all of the original melodies of Big Ben every quarter of the hour. These are the original Bell sounds like you hear them in London - very good quality sounds. I can make a zipfile but I don't know how to add them here.
    So let me know.

0 sounds
    9 posts

Dear ejfortin,

well that is good extract from Wim's chimes and very useful for my clock.
    I really appreciate this. Thanks.

44 sounds
    99 posts

Here a quick chop up of the sample. http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=51826

0 sounds
    2 posts

There are plenty of samples on the web if you know how to google. I found some years ago for a song I was writing. Off the top of my head this is all I can find: http://www.steamboats.de/dqspec.htm

Yes, I know it's not a carnival, but they play the music on calliopes ...

0 sounds
    9 posts

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded your program and installed it.
    I already had another program called Sound Splitter - Converter but it is very hard to find the correct spots in there to extract a good sound.
    So I will try it again with Audacity.

I also dowloaded the Big Ben Chime Pro sound program from Aquarius that I can use for one trial month for free (from Singapore). Then they will charge me US $ 30 to keep it, way too expensive - these Chinese leechers, I find that a ripoff. Do you know of any crack or serial to cheat on them dog eaters? Because it really works well: the genuine sound of Westminster Abbey in London, every quarter of an hour.

However, after a month I may be getting tired listening to those bells every 15 minutes.

PS: I'll also contact the University of Iowa. I have stayed there at a farm (Corn and Soy Beans they were breeding - but the farmer was a very intelligent guy, musical too). I'm especially interested in the bassoon although I play the Tenor Saxophone and the Scottish Bagpipe too.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Okay,

I just asked the CD manufacturer if it was possible to insert a little liner in the CD package, but the price just turn gorgeous. So I think I will just ask by email the sample creators and simply ask them if I can use their sounds.

In any case, I'll still mention Freesound and Creative Commons URLs, and of course my band's website where all samples are properly attributed.

Is this fine ?

15 sounds
    135 posts

you can download Audacity free to edit the file down to one chime:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

434 sounds
    230 posts

Here is a ftp log if it helps you. I tried to connect with FileZilla.

Error: Connection timed out
    Error: Could not connect to server