Forums

77 sounds
    35 posts

Any one interested in these works should also check out the work of Alvin Lucier. I recently enjoyed a concert of Mr. Lucier where he performed "I am sitting in a room" for voice and electromagnetic tape and "Nothing is real" for piano, tape recorder and amplified teapot. The teapot is used as a filter on the tape device. I am sorry not to have been in one of Mr Lucier's classes.

--Peter

249 sounds
    5 posts

I'd also like to see the name of the file which I'm geotagging. It doesn't seem to appear on the screen at all.

1357 sounds
    123 posts

Thanks for the link which links to even better links like the Duchamp stuff.

Uncle Sig You are now my favourite Uncle.
    http://www.postimage.org/aVdnCnS.jpg

15 sounds
    135 posts

NoiseCollector
    I must admit I am guilty of uploading multi samples but usually stick to 12 tone scales, microtuning can be accomplished with the sequencer or keyboard and imagine sitting there trying to scale the notes across the keyboard or whatever so 99% of people and everyone in the western hemisphere can say "wtf?".

lol, wtf is probably going to be most people's reactions if they just put all the samples in not realizing that they're making an instrument that doesn't exactly follow the 12 tone system. I know it can be done with keyboard/sampler but it does make it convenient for someone who doesn't want to sit there and modify several standard tones to fit in a microtonal way. But I guess most of the time people aren't looking for microtonal sounds.

606 sounds
    276 posts

Thanks.

I had not seen cage performing his compositions before.

Definitely ahead of his time.

0 sounds
    5 posts

When I try to import the samples ive downloaded here into fruityloops, they dont show up.
    Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
    cheers

4 sounds
    47 posts

Interesting to say the least. Reminds me something Ross Gellar would play on his keyboard. (Yeah I used to watch Friends, wanna fight about it?)

0 sounds
    2 posts

Great. Thanks a lot. I had an older version of Audacity. This is perfect.

3 sounds
    25 posts

I made a field recording earlier this year in my backyard with some 'spring peeper' frogs singing away in the background. There are several places you could snip this sound and loop it

Here it is:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=35233

-Scott

4677 sounds
    376 posts

What's up Halleck?

29 sounds
    24 posts

Howdy there, new person.

- Get Audacity 1.3.2-beta.
    - From the menu bar, select Generate
    - Select "Click Track..."
    - Enter Tempo, beats per measure and total measures.
    - Voila, one click track.

0 sounds
    23 posts

The video can be found on the main Myspace page by scrolling down.

The video is hosted on youtube and not myspace (yet) and can be watched there also......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DLYOxArPZyA

Sorry for the confusion and thanks Noisecollector for pointing the issues out.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hey,

I am new around here, but have a question that I have searched for and never found any help. I am trying to put a click track behind some audio in Audacity. What are your suggestions as to the easiest way to do this?

Thanks.

606 sounds
    276 posts

w1ls0n
    anyone got any tips for this?? every time i try it they sound crap. :roll:

What exactly are you trying to do?

digifish

606 sounds
    276 posts

dobroide
    Digi,

I have set a couple indications in my tagline and the requests you mention dropped.
    The author's tagline is the first thing a user sees when he/she browse any collection, so its unlikely to be missed (now it saves me answering messages, bless it).

I'm thinking It would be damn simple to rename the field 'tagline' to something like 'my policy of use'

saludos
    D

Thanks for the great idea...why I didn't think of that...

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/usersViewSingle.php?id=29541

digifish

37 sounds
    86 posts

I need to this site rocks and i should help out a little. :!:

606 sounds
    276 posts

doh! never mind. smile

3055 sounds
    476 posts

Digi,

I have set a couple indications in my tagline and the requests you mention dropped.
    The author's tagline is the first thing a user sees when he/she browse any collection, so its unlikely to be missed (now it saves me answering messages, bless it).

I'm thinking It would be damn simple to rename the field 'tagline' to something like 'my policy of use'

saludos
    D

606 sounds
    276 posts

Halleck
    A complex solution to a complicated problem. I like it in terms of compromise, but I'm not going to be the one implementing it. It would be nice to have some of this FAQ functionality built right into the site... such as the new "right click + save as" download link.

I suppose it sounds complex to describe, but in essence the author sets wether the sound is CC or Public Domain when in their uploaded files manager.

Depending on what is set a flag shows on the sound and the download message changes.

digifish

606 sounds
    276 posts

Halleck
    I think the similarity graph is known to be broken.

OK...so plans to remove/fix it?

Regards Scott