Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

grin Ok, here is the scoop...I need to make a video trailer for an upcoming event. The event is a series of talks on "living with no regrets". I need to make a movie trailer for it that will be viewed several weeks ahead of this August event. The video is a black background with an old retro-flip clock that flips backwards through time. If we can do it, you may be able to see the sun rising and setting in the background. The title of the whole series is...."31 Days to Live...NO REGRETS". The vocal I'm looking for is that deep, suspensful voice that they use in many movie trailers. I'd like the vocal to say something along these lines...

"What if you had only one more day to say I'm sorry...One more day to forgive...One more day to show you care...What if you had just ONE LAST DAY...Coming in August to L.C.R.F. 31 days to live...NO REGRETS"

I want this to sound suspensful and exciting, because our main purpose for the vocal is to get a buzz going about this series. We want it to be intriguing.

Can anyone help me out there. We've done videos before, but not any that needed this type of vocal. Thanks for any help.

101 sounds
    99 posts

In "Creepshow" the voices of the zombies.... the one that says "i got my cake" and the two that say "you've got to hold your breath". I've looked everywhere for a link or something.. but all i find are quotes from the humans. Anyway.. that stuff is great... i always wondered what effects they used.

0 sounds
    1 post

The roar of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. The scene where the cup of water shakes when they're sitting in the car sets up the tension.

That was fantastic when I first saw it. Sent a chill down my spine.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi all,

First of all many thanks for this incredible sharing platform !

My band and I will release a demo CD next month, and there are a few freesound samples in our music. All the samples are credited on our website:
    http://www.astrakan.fr/fr/freesound.html

Now for the CD we'll go for the cheapest packaging, which is no liner, only front and back covers. I won't have enough space in the back cover to mention all the soundfiles creators, so do you think it is ok if I just mention the following URLs:
    http://www.astrakan.fr/fr/freesound.html (all the freesound files used in the CD)
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

Many thanks, and please fill free to listen to our music on
    http://www.astrakan.fr/
    http://www.myspace.com/quartetastrakan

+++

52 sounds
    10 posts

Hi Bram. Again I think I expressed myself wrongly: mea culpa. What I meant is that I think the use (visualising them otr not with a dash) of more "spaced tags" would help. Hope I managed to clear my point better.

Kind regards,
    Lorenzo.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Bram. I thought my post gave due credit to Freesound. The two sites are very different, but there may be some members who wish to post on SoundLantern.
    So far as copyright issues are concerned we have this among other things displayed on the site:

"6. Your User Submissions and Conduct
    A. As a Sound Lantern account holder you may submit audio content ("Sounds"wink and textual content ("User Comments"wink. Sounds and User Comments are collectively referred to as "User Submissions". You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, Sound Lantern does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.

B. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Sound Lantern to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.

C. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to Sound Lantern, you hereby grant Sound Lantern a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Sound Lantern Website and Sound Lantern's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Sound Lantern Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Sound Lantern Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in Sounds terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your Sounds from the Sound Lantern Service. You understand and agree, however, that Sound Lantern may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Comments are perpetual and irrevocable.

D. In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Sound Lantern all of the license rights granted herein. "

- in other words:
    1) posters retain their own copyright
    2) we do not encourage posting of copyrighted material by others than the holders (ie your members, if they wish to upload sounds they have created)

There may be some copyright material on the site, perhaps uploaded for tests or by overenthusiastic new posters. We are working to remove this

best

Jim,
    Sound Lantern team

121 sounds
    1545 posts

except sound lantern is (already) full of illegal sounds and songs, and there is NO license on display for the usage of the sounds on the site (so legal usage isn't really possible).

not really any comparison to freesound...

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

using dashes for spaces is used all over the web, and I think it's a good idea, so we'll leave it like it is.

- bram

434 sounds
    230 posts

I've recently got very sluggish FTP connection to freesound. Any way I can speed things up?

0 sounds
    215 posts

LOL, more that 10000 peoples readed this post

0 sounds
    2 posts

FreeSound is an amazing site, I should like to recommend another (free) which covers not just sound effects, loops etc but also original music, poetry, books - sounds of all kinds.
    Come and join us and upload any of your amazing sounds for the benefit of our members:
    www.soundlantern.com

for the moment MP3 and WAV but other formats available soon
    - and carry on the real serious stuff here!

- the Sound Lantern Team

52 sounds
    10 posts

Acclivity, yes, I probably expressed myself badly.. wootops: What I meant is that apart from tags like "field recordin" spaces seem to be seldomly uesed, while probably searchability would be improved by using them more.

Hope now this is clearer.
    Regards,
    Lorenzo.

1488 sounds
    109 posts

Simply - use eq, cut low and high frequencies, boost some mids - just listen when you will be doing it

85 sounds
    73 posts

Have you tried out the filters and effects in Audacity? Or any other audio software will do... You just need to filter out some of the frequencies...

434 sounds
    230 posts

Search is your best friend buddy!

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchText.php

0 sounds
    1 post

I have found some great samples of Zarb, the persian/iranian percussion, but I'm looking for complete paterns i.e. 6/8, 12/8, 3/4, etc that are played in one measure and can be used in a loop for songs.

I'm sure they're out there, as I have seen people using them, but just can't find it free/paid.

I don't have recording equipment, and have searched this forum but can't find. Thanks.

Babak

0 sounds
    8 posts

I'm trying to make a sound file sound like it's being played through a radio. Is there a way to do this without actually playing it through a cheep radio and recording it? Maybe a plugin effect or something that makes it sound like it's being played through a radio...

thanks
    Brian

0 sounds
    9 posts

WIM has posted a Grandfather Clock chime sound (it strokes 6 times - a nice and deep sounding ding-dong).
    For my Analogue Vista Clock program I only need one stroke so I have to extract one stroke from his WAV sound. I asked him permission for this request since he lives in Cambodia now as a teacher and has no time to work on that.
    Can anyone get me one stroke or perhaps refer me to a (simple) program that extracts a part from a WAV sound?

Thanks grin

0 sounds
    3 posts

Thanks for your suggestions.
    That's not exactly what I was looking for but I believe I've found what I need on another website.

18 sounds
    1 post

Hello everybody i'm Drriquet and i play bass guitar and electronic instruments !
    Im' in music since i'm born, my uncle (jerry lee lewis, kiss,little richard,edy cochran,bill haley and the comets, mc5, black sabbath, doors , hendrix,rolling sotnes, queen ...)when i was a baby put records before we'are the morning!My father is a great fan of electronic musique since 70's, i was born in 68 and i listening krafwerk, pink floyds, ma vishnu orchestra.... since 72! !My mother is the other side of music, louise armstrong ,bob marley,and gainsbourg, greco ...french classic singer !and sinatra too !i
    (i was 7 years the fist time i listen bob marley, and i'm always a big fan !)
    for me music is the real life and life make the music real !
    I'm happy to be on this forum to exchange music and samples !
    See you !