Forums

15 sounds
    55 posts

I'm no expert, so I need some advice from the gurus... :roll:

Basically I want to decide between these models (any other suggestion will be welcome, though) because they can be battery powered, and they are on a similar price range (150-200€):

AUDIO TECHNICA ATM33A
    http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/d96ee4abf954999d/index.html

AKG C1000S MKIII
    http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,759,pid,759,nodeid,32,_language,EN.html

RODE NT3
    http://www.rodemic.com/?pagename=Products&product=NT3

I'm going to use it with a portable preamp and a minidisc recorder. Any comments?

thanks!

edit: added links

186 sounds
    319 posts

Good catch. Doesnt work for me either. Hopefully Bram can take a look at this soon.

1357 sounds
    123 posts

Cruelty indeed Bram. Alas alas alas I confess that I reached for my camera first - I really wanted to get some pictures of this beautiful bird. My recorder stayed in its bag. I fear my freesounder pretensions are shot for good. Should I resign now?

To be fair, the sparrowhawk was silent and it was too far away to get the sound of crunching bones and ripping feathers so at first there was nothing to record. The blackbirds were attacking it and making a lot of noise with their alarm calls and I was torn between going for my recorder and trying to get a shot of them swooping on the hawk. I failed.

As an update the sparrowhawk must have taken another sparrow 2 days later as we found a fresh pile of feathers. I have seen the bird several times over the last year but 2 kills in 3 days means she will probably be back for more. I promise I will go for the recorder first next time!

I put a lot of food out for the birds and my big fear is that the hawk will kill one of our resident Robin family.

0 sounds
    1 post

I am looking for a library of phonemes. As many samples of utterable sounds possible. Anyone ever come across something like this?

It is easy to find the written symbols linguists use to describe phonemes, but is there a corresponding library of sound samples that would correspond?

For example, all the sound elements used to make a speak 'n' spell talk.

The sound elements behind any voice synthesizer?

Anybody?

67 sounds
    5 posts

hehe, you can delete the one with 127 downloads smile

67 sounds
    5 posts

hello,

I think a few of my sounds are good for jingles. THey are more like jingle 'elements' though. But not 'complete' jingles...

67 sounds
    5 posts

You can find me on:

http://www.myspace.com/cosmicdreamer1 smile

106 sounds
    54 posts

I don't understand either, but will say that I like this pack my friend grin

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi Dave, thanks for the interest. Basically, the female vocals would be well cool, but not critical. The atmosphere and rhythm of the Leftfield "Original" track is kinda fundamental for the foot ball segment. I essentially want to replace that track with a track without copyright issues. You would be credited on the film I have to post it by the 19th to the irish festival so I dont know how practical it is to do something for the 18 July? I guess yould email me an MP3 or MP4 file?
    Cheers Carol smile

0 sounds
    3 posts

I downloaded this sample pack - http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=17 , but unlike the samples I downloaded individually it is not showing up in my attribution list. What is going on?

Thanks for your help.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi - Great site!
    I'm looking for a longer clip - was at least 30 seconds or longer - of a human voice doing racecar laps. He was switching gears, winding them out- downshifting, and restarting the gear sequence. Does anybody know where I can find this? Any help would be appreciated.
    TIA

186 sounds
    319 posts

Soundsnap
    The main difference between Our License and the one that Freesound is using is this:

- Attribution is not necessary for sounds from Soundsnap, although its recommended where its reasonably possible. For example, for film sound, the Creative Commons licenses don't make much sense, so we had to change them and write our own.

Hi Tasos,

I think you have a great site, but it is exactly this unnessary attribution which I as a soundrecordist feel is unbalanced. In this model there is no ratio to give and take and all.
    And also, I think it has been proven that the freesound licence works great. The creditroll for Children of Men is anecdotal evidence of that.
    If somebody wants to use my sounds without attributing to them thats fine, just pay me for my work like you would sound dogs or hollywood edge. Maybe the users over at soundsnap have such nice bankrolls that they dont have to worry about rent but I do have bills to pay, mikes to buy and recorders to pay off.

Cheers
    Anton

36 sounds
    215 posts

Cool carnage, I hope we will hear it :twisted:

121 sounds
    1544 posts

now, as a born and bread on freesound I can only add this cruel comment:

for the love of god tell us you recorded it.

- bram

6 sounds
    10 posts

Hi Carol - good work. I may be able to help out with some music...how vital are the female vox?

Cheers

Dave.

258 sounds
    355 posts

one of them vst's should be able to easily play back waves. I don't work with cubase but I'm positive any vst sampler would work within cubase.

258 sounds
    355 posts

even I gotta give you some kinda of props for this. but I won't comment on the rap songs though.

you taking downtempo-loungey stuff? howabout that late night house sound? or you a rockish-tripy hopish label?

1 sound
    2 posts

WHat you want is a sampler, i would recommend shortcircuit from vember audio, i have been using this for 3 years and its great, the demo on the site allows only 2 note polyphony but like many others have found its worth buying the full version, i also use the emu x but not as often as shortcircuit.

its very straight forward to use (only 1 page) and has all the features i expect from a sampler after having been using hardware ones since 1994

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi I need a soundtrack for a short film called "Whats on My Radar?". It needs to be edgy, atmospheric with female vocals (actual lyrics can be random) For now I have used "Leftfield" Original track. The rhythm and atmosphere of it really suits. Anyway the film can be viewed at www.youtube.com/nicaoimh. A credit for you is assured. It is to be screened at an irish shorts festival, providing I have original music. Cheers carol

0 sounds
    7 posts

THANKS!
    I was considering the binaurals, then decided, after using a (cheap) stereo mic, I would want to isolate the sound source and have little background noise.
    Then started looking into Shot-gun Mics, Audio-Tech. AT835b in specific so far. I guess my main concern would be that the mic has a very low noise floor and can pick up detail + clarity, I realize this type of mic may be $$$$, maybe a pre-amp would minimize mic noise level on a reasonably priced mic?
    In summary, the sounds I record indoors/outdoors are to build a sound library for post-production without breaking the bank!
    I had this thought the other day to find a facility that "rent's out" this type of equipment to help me decide in this endless search!

I will check out the Rode NTG 2! thanks for the link!

thanks again!