Forums

23 sounds
    10 posts

Edit: Sorry, my fault for the confusion. Messages are put in the outbox until the receiver has read the message. Then it's put into the sentbox. I got a bit confused, but read the phpBB docs, and now it's crystal clear smile

23 sounds
    10 posts

dADDoiT
    I'm using WinXP and downloaded a file and want to record the attribution details in the Properties folder attached to the file but it wont allow me, it is greyed out.
    I realise I can create a Notepad file or whatever and file separately but I'm trying to find a way to quickly access attribution without logging on to freesound or searching through files.

Any suggestions?

You need to enter an information chunk in the wave file which specifices the name etc. There are wave editors on the market which let you do that. You cannot do it directly in Windows.

However, that method of distributing attributions isn't a good one, I'd say, because not all editors save that informaiton. Load the wave file in an editor and then save it and some editors might discard that information. Or convert the file to another format, e.g. aiff, and it might get lost too. So it's not a good approach to build the attribution into the file itself.

2 sounds
    5 posts

Hey man, cartoons are the only reason I come here(little practice shorts I make before I'm off to Media Arts college).

I like (and have seen used in classic shorts) pizziacto strings for characters blinking.

0 sounds
    5 posts

..... so wussup can i get the hook up with the sounds???

0 sounds
    1 post

Im seeking a rustling sound of a diaper as it is moved/walk/crawled about in.

Hoping to get both if possible. 1 plain diaper/nappy and then another with a plastic protection cover over it.

I've searched the sounds but cannot seem to find anything specifically for this. some close sounds but nothing that is realistic.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

12 sounds
    57 posts

Hey guys..

Just uploaded a new Preview to my myspace which contains

Erh's "And Death Shall Be No More" & "Rest"

&

Oscillator's "Ghost FX"

www.myspace.com/Co3rmxs

Enjoy smile

The full track will be up later this week smile

Co3

37 sounds
    86 posts

I would then look for the properties on the page that you downloaded the file.

I never use that right click and properties, just view the tags on that samples page.

:wink:

18 sounds
    2 posts

mkoenig
    Im not sure what you mean, but i get confused fairly easy.

If its in a zip have you tried extracting it?

Okay...I've download a simple sound file, no Zip.
    Poit and right click file/ select Properties
    All data comes up in tags General & Summary - so far no problems
    Select Summary/Simple and it isgreyed out. (sorry, for some reason cannot make a screenshot for you)

A small glitch. Tested some other files and approx 90% are the same but 10% I can enter data!!!!

hmmm?

0 sounds
    1 post

Heya, i'm making some drum and bass music. Does someone has any nice vocals so that I can use it within my music? Thanks.

37 sounds
    86 posts

Welcome to the FreeSound Project.

This seems to be the happening place. smile

#1 sound site in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy.

37 sounds
    86 posts

Im not sure what you mean, but i get confused fairly easy.

If its in a zip have you tried extracting it?

606 sounds
    276 posts

morvak
    The recorder was the easy part: Fostex FR2-LE.

Now, I'm trying to decide on a mic for around $300.

This is a tough choice, I have some ideas:

NT4
    Audio Technica AT3032
    Sennheiser ME62 omni
    Sennheiser ME66 shotgun
    Shure WL183 omni

I wonder if omni is the way to go. Any ideas ?

Of those you list, I have the NT4 and an AT3032 pair.

Frankly for most field recording something like a single-point stereo mic is more convenient and more useful...you can put them in a blimp and away you go. It's a rare day that you have the luxury of setting up a stereo pair (complete with 2X the wind protection and cables etc), whereas I find a blimp + NT4 is a great solution. It's portable and there are less decisions to make about mic placement/separation etc, all you have to worry about is where you point it, easy.

I'd be looking at the AT825 or the NT4 as a starter. Either of these + the Fostex will make some great recordings.

BTW: Here's a nice review wrt field recording

http://www.wildlife-sound.org/equipment/recorders/fostexfr2le/index.html

digifish

435 sounds
    137 posts

That sound can be one of three chiched eye blinks.

1) A high xylophone note (or set of bells - as used in marching band - but the wood sound is best)

2) A very high piano note

or

3) A Jaw Harp twang

I searched for xylophone and came up with very little here.

A small child's music toy with bells on it would have worked... I had one, but my wife just gave it away to charity. If I have a recording of it somewhere I'll post it. But, the wooden sound would be closer to what you're looking for.

FM

0 sounds
    1 post

Is it ok to attribute a sample to an author's nickname. I'm contacting authors and asking for their real names as this is better but I'm wondering if using nicks or aliases is also OK.

Thanks.

42 sounds
    30 posts

Good Work!!!! grin

Move on!!!!

975 sounds
    145 posts

not necessarily my kind of techno, but not that bad at all.
    I like they foreground synth and the wind,

Good work....

CLKK

0 sounds
    1 post

Ok i'm looking for the sound that's used in most cartoons when a character blinks their eyes. It literally sounds like "blink, blink" feel free to ask questions but I don't know how to describe it any other way. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

0 sounds
    7 posts

http://rapidshare.com/files/70876195/Projecto_psyco.mp3.html

Should I keep going?

0 sounds
    1 post

Sort of like a walkout theme for a wreslter, but it represents a bully walking into the scene. so preferably quite thick texture. any links or recommendations much appreciated.

Cheers.

116 sounds
    1 post

yes, there's a good one made by blue cat audio!
    check on google for blue cat audio, you can dowload it from there website.
    check especially the multi frequency analyser, there's a demo of this plug, but there's a free simple fft analyser too.