Forums

103 sounds
    195 posts

dobroide
    But even if the mark was completely hidden, a bit-by-bit comparison of a tagged file vs a non-tagged one would reveal the difference, or so I guess.
    D

in computer graphic is easy to superimpose two digital images in "difference" mode: where the pixels have exactly the same RGB values, the "difference" mode shows black pixels (no difference = no data = RGB 0-0-0 = black). in this way one can easily see only the pixels that are different in the second image.

could we have the same in sound?
    does exist a tool that calculate the difference between two sound files giving the result as a sound file, instead of those inconprehensibobble esadecimal symbols?
    where there is no difference there will be silence - so the difference is audible.

if it's possible to have such result, then the Author could retain his original sound file and publish the wavemarked file -> the difference brings out the audible wavemark.
    (watermark = water = wave = wavemark)

45 sounds
    19 posts

Brilliant!

To go through this much effort making these and posting the procedure shows your dedication to field recording. (Plus the absurd amount of sounds you've uploaded).

Color me impressed.

0 sounds
    31 posts

You are free to remix and/or use the samples to make something of them, and then sell that, THAT is legal

Ok so from what I gather is that anyone can take a sound or several sounds from this site,create several tracks with those sounds and sell them as part of an original work but they cannot take that sound/sounds and create a sampling CD/DVD and sell that...Did I get this right ?

Well then if thats the case then this works exactly like the EJAY music software because at their site they tell you that you can use their software and or their sounds to release music for profit without even giving credit to them but you CANNOT bundle any of their sounds into a sampling CD/DVD for sale.

I think thats more than fair.

So does MikeJoel want to bundle some Freesound Project sounds with his program and sell it as 1 complete work or does he want to sell his program and provide the user with a link to the Freesound Project so the user can access sounds for the program ?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

We're planning to have some embeddable content in Nightingale. Check our blog for more info...

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

here you go:

http://ccmixter.org/view/media/pells

- bram

0 sounds
    1 post

You are right - get the mix right first and the rest will follow more naturally. Mastering does not always improve the mix - mastering is the tool to get the songs aligned, and yes, make them more wider, and commercial sounding - but it is also a tool which can colour your opinion at the end - many musicians swaer that the recording they heard on the studio tape was better than what finally landed on their CD...

You need to mix the instruments around in a 3D field - pan instruments across the stereo field - with techno several drums sound better in mono or clustered together and everything else is stereo - imagine standing in a disco next to one loud box listening to a house beat which is in stereo - you would loose a lot of information as you cannot hear the other box.

Use reverb for depth and stereo - EQ will separate the stacked instruments that they do not compete in their own range - this is very important. Compression will bring up some levels which are thin, but might distort or becom eharsh. Every now and then you should monitor the track in MONO to see which sound or frequency is being suppressed etc.

Finally master your songs with a tool like Ozone to get a mild improvement on your mix and comapre it to commercial CDs - however do not use too much! Less is more!!!!!

Cheers Brett

0 sounds
    31 posts

I like the reverbed bleeps from the series but when Jack finishes his first intro your expecting the music to come in and it doesn't.

You could have brought in a really heavy kick and some HiHat work with a fat synthline and used the bleeps in the background.

0 sounds
    31 posts

Good work and I like the fact that this animation is not saturated in sounds.

What works for me is that the scenes with silence and a light breeze speaks out louder than the scenes with the music.

The only thing that kills the film is the compression rate used to stream it but I understand that there is nothing you can do about that.

I can just imagine how good this would look like without compression.

I guess the poor guys dies in the end when he still thinks he can fly ?

At least thats what I got from it because he was dreaming that he could fly.

I dream about flying all the time but only 1 time in my entire life did I have a dream that was so real [right down to the smell of things around me] that I woke up and found myself still in another dream.

I was able to fly in the second dream and this can be really dangerous because before I flew, I could not tell the difference between the real world and the dream world.

306 sounds
    74 posts

I imagine you need to look for artificial fur that has an open fabric, otherwise you loose some of the highest frequencies.

Herbert

15 sounds
    135 posts

what your looking for is an instrument called chimes I believe.

here's a sample pack:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=2789

I found it after doing a search for chimes. About 60 or so results in. There are about 300 other samples that match it that you could look through, if that pack doesn't work for you.(you'll probably have to go through some results that don't match up that well with what you want)

12 sounds
    5 posts

I do.

I use it myself and I am very satisfied. Check my profile to hear my samples. They have all been recorded with H2 built in microphones. You can also preview some MP3's from my website www.luftrum.com.

3066 sounds
    479 posts

HerbertBoland
    How are they holding out in strong wind? Done any testing yet?
    Herbert

Hi Herbert,

the little things perform well, sample http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=49802 experienced 30 km/h gusts and noise is scarcely noticeable. Actually similar to that in a file which used a complete professional Rycote system (http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=49801 ; same sounds but different mics, so the comparison may be unfair).

In the end fur quality and length will determine effectiveness, mine is 25 mm long but cheap (mainly used to sew Lion King disguises for schoolchildren smile For strong winds it would be easy to add an additional layer of fabric , but you know, nothing prevents noise completely at windpseeds 50 km/h and above because, even though air pressure may not reach the mics, you always get the noise of wind hitting whatever one uses to cover them.

Saludos

D

306 sounds
    74 posts

Hi (again) Dobroide,
    Wow simple! Thanks for sharing. Now I really have no reason any more to postpone building my own windjammers. How are they holding out in strong wind? Done any testing yet?
    Herbert

17 sounds
    224 posts

search for 808 bass drum or kick.

0 sounds
    3 posts

Just though I would let you guys check out my youtube channel. I have several videos that us a few clips from this site.
    It's basically a blog but sometimes I (and people probably) get bored of my talking at my desk so I try to make some funny videos.
    If you have an account feel free to send me a message, subscribe, or friend me.
    I love this site and it has helped me fill all the gaps in some of my videos, hopefully in the future I can use it more smile

www.youtube.com/sunset2burst

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hello mates! Need your help w/ recording a small jingle for my monthly podcasting. smile
    I need someone who is able to pronounce in definitely London pronunciation following stuff:

"Yardley Moorland...( a small pause) It's True Deeeeeeeeeep......" (saying very confident) (accent on 'E' in word Deep) (it's better man voice)

and also this one:

"You are tuned to monthly podcasting session by Yardley Moorland!" (the same confident style) (maybe girl voice)

Thanks in advance! Help very appreciated! :roll:

0 sounds
    1 post

I need a really big sub bass hit...the kind that makes the subwoofers go off.
    I can't seem to find anything like that really on here...and I dont know why.
    Let me know if you can help at all.
    Thanks, Jonathan

0 sounds
    4 posts

I'm looking for a magic sparkle sound. Something like there:

http://templatehelp.com/pr_interface.php?cols=3&rows=10&sadult=0&sp=0&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&type=0&iw=650&ih=2900&category=55&pr_code=0Zd415v8zz40cr2W6b06SkC9ge7Kir&callfrom=http://www.templatesfactory.net/templates/32/flash-intro-header-templates/&ref=http://www.templatesfactory.net/templates/32/flash-intro-header-templates/&extref=http%3A//www.templatesfactory.net/templates/85/web-20-templates/#

(:arrow: Click on the preview of a MIRACLE STUDIO intro)

You hear sometimes a little sparkle sound. Does anyone know where I can find sound sth like that.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Quite nice.

0 sounds
    1 post

if you use Microsoft IE for download:

Please google for the Item: Switching off the content advisor.

It's a known problem unter Windows XP. The system sets a Password and you can't switch off
    the Content Advisor. So you dont't get the item " save as..." in the download window.

I hope I could help someone.

Achim from Berlin