Forums

42 sounds
    30 posts

Good Work!!!! grin

Move on!!!!

975 sounds
    145 posts

not necessarily my kind of techno, but not that bad at all.
    I like they foreground synth and the wind,

Good work....

CLKK

0 sounds
    1 post

Ok i'm looking for the sound that's used in most cartoons when a character blinks their eyes. It literally sounds like "blink, blink" feel free to ask questions but I don't know how to describe it any other way. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

0 sounds
    7 posts

http://rapidshare.com/files/70876195/Projecto_psyco.mp3.html

Should I keep going?

0 sounds
    1 post

Sort of like a walkout theme for a wreslter, but it represents a bully walking into the scene. so preferably quite thick texture. any links or recommendations much appreciated.

Cheers.

116 sounds
    1 post

yes, there's a good one made by blue cat audio!
    check on google for blue cat audio, you can dowload it from there website.
    check especially the multi frequency analyser, there's a demo of this plug, but there's a free simple fft analyser too.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi guys , does anyone know some free fft plugins , for spectral analysis , phase vocoding , spectral freeze ?

795 sounds
    273 posts

not the site, maybe just your cpu is overhaulin thats what, if the site wasn't userfriendly we wouldn't have... how many thousancd members do we have bram? anyways yeah. what's firefox lol

23 sounds
    10 posts

cajo
    as andrew1280 said this was already covered: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2451
    I don't like to dig into licenses text, 1 because I am stupid and lazy, 2 because playing with words always brings to confusion, not to the truth - lawyers know it well, they always use "details" to reach their goals.
    let's make it simpler:
    will your software worth some money WITHOUT samples protected by a non-commercial-use license?
    if the answer is NO, in my opinion you would earn money from samples by a university free project.
    this is uncorrect, imho, licenses or not licenses.

We'll develop our own library, as we have done before. What I'm trying to say is that the license text does NOT match the purpose of the free sound project. They clearly don't want commercial companies and/or individuals to distribute the samples, for profit. However, the license does NOT provide any protection against such a scenario. So I'd really suggest to change the license text to cover that too.

Saying that it's alright to distribute the samples for non profit purposes is NOT the same as protecting against distribution for commercial purposes. One doesn't have to be a lawyer to understand that. An elementary university course in logic would be enough wink

0 sounds
    1 post

i've been looking at a fr2-le + rode nt4 setup, anyone know if this is a good way to go for live/amplified gigs?

also, has anyone here got any usefull info on the zoom H2 for the same application?

thanx,
    sonicsurfer

210 sounds
    52 posts

I just uploaded a few. One is a set of songs from the "Follies of 1910", the other is for the "entry of the wise Native American shaman". They are currently waiting for moderation.

You can slice up the Follies file to get a lot of what you want, I think.

I'm still figuring out the best way to record the piano. I'm not happy with the results but its all I have time for right now.

0 sounds
    3 posts

yes actually, that sounds pretty good
    i like the sound of that, but maybe one thats more realistic as well?
    genre: rock and/or electronic

thaaanks

103 sounds
    195 posts

as andrew1280 said this was already covered: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2451
    I don't like to dig into licenses text, 1 because I am stupid and lazy, 2 because playing with words always brings to confusion, not to the truth - lawyers know it well, they always use "details" to reach their goals.
    let's make it simpler:
    will your software worth some money WITHOUT samples protected by a non-commercial-use license?
    if the answer is NO, in my opinion you would earn money from samples by a university free project.
    this is uncorrect, imho, licenses or not licenses.

42 sounds
    30 posts

Hello Freesound Community,

I've searched for several weeks now, but didn't found any sounds
    I wonder how a "Stuka zu fuss" really sounds.

A "Stuka zu fuss" is german vehicle used in world war 2.
    It's a modified Haltrack 251 with 6 rockets ( 3 on each side )

Right now i'm about to Mod the Company of Heroes Game to make sounds a little more realistic.
    Anybody got a sample or something?

-- M-Red

0 sounds
    1 post

Exact same issue
    no download button...finally after 30 min of searching found FAQ and this blog....then had to open link in big window and right click the download logo (uppper right) and click save link as...took a 5 minutes to download wav file

I hate to complain about a great FREE resource but this was not user friendly....many of my students have gotten frustrated and just given up.

Also...after searching oncee...on the second time...the search feature often just freezes and you cant type in it...you must go to the previous search

anyway...great stuff...thank you

23 sounds
    10 posts

Added some text to my post, above this one. Would be interesting to hear what you say about the license and its text etc.

23 sounds
    10 posts

andrew1280
    I think this has been covered before. There was a person who wrote some software that would select samples and play them at random or in various ways. The samples were to have been freesound samples, unaltered. This turned out to be an improper use. The act of downloading and then selling samples you find here is a no-no. One must create a NEW work out of the existing samples first. THEN one might be able to sell the resulting new work, again, with attribution or approval from the original sample uploader.

So if each sample is edited a lot, then a new work is created and everything's OK...!?!?
    Provided that an attribution etc. is carried out, of course.

I think the license text should be improved. It's far to vague in its current state.

It says:

"You are free: To sample, mash-up, or otherwise creatively transform this work for commercial or noncommercial purposes."

Note the words "sample", "creatively transform" and "commercial".

What a "creative transformation" constitutes is totally subjective. A license should not be possible to interpret in any number of ways. Right now it can and that's not too good.

Worth noticing is that with the current license text, anyone may distribute copies of the samples for commercial purposes. If the purpose with the license is to prohibit commercial distribution of the samples, then the text must be changed.

Right now it does not prohibit commercial distribution. It allows distribution for non commercial purposes but it does NOT disallow distribution for commercial purposes.

The only thing the license says is that you:

May change the work for commercial or non commercial purposes (that's fine).

And you may distribute it for non commercial purposes (that's also fine).

But it doesn't say anything about distribution for commercial purposes and since it doesn't say anything about that it doesn't prohibit it. If the purpose is to prohibit commercial distribution of the samples, then please change the second clause in the license so it says something like:

You are free to perform, display, and distribute copies of this whole work provided that it is being distributed for noncommercial purposes only (e.g., file-sharing or noncommercial webcasting) and not commercial purposes.

Right now it doesn't regulate distribution for commercial purposes.

So, what's the purpose of the license? To prohibit commercial use? If it is, then which kinds of commercial use?

17 sounds
    224 posts

This is a very nice synth, awesome bass sounds. I don't know if it makes a good beginner's keyboard, but its hella good and not that expensive.

0 sounds
    5 posts

I'm recording some music and I'd like to do some vocals, but my voice is not gravelly enough. If anyone here has a gravelly or just weird voice, and the ability to record your voice, please let me know. Thanks!

0 sounds
    1 post

Doing sound for a stage show which requires a cue of a murder of crows cawing and then taking off from a field. Any one out there that might be able to help? There are some elements currently on the page I could build with -- but none exactly as meaty as I'd like...Thanks for any assistance.