0 sounds
    2 posts

and here's the link
    -now with corrected credits-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiuXsng3PMM

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi!

I'm so happy! I found some great sounds here to use in this puppetshort. It's a test for a project I'm hooping to do in the summer. I will definetly come back for more sounds.

A special thanks to Digifishmusic and Imonacan.

/Henning

211 sounds
    32 posts

time has pass, since Karl´s statment, now we don´t have him any more...pitty !!
    i was thinking about it, and, being passionated at people like him, i wondered...
    If, TwinTower was "the best ArtWork"ever, meaning human action/result/concequence... can we call:
    Ayrton Senna´s may-01 deadly crash, the best Sports event ever?
    I post this comment, beacause, it is known that Ayrton allwalys said that, he had not only have spirutual raptures while racing, but also, strong feelings about sounds (formula1 cars?) and their impact at audience.
    there is NO room, for politic, religious, or other issues, beyond SOUNDS facts at this post, as far as i am interested about comments. thanks.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

Wow NC,

just listened to all of it. It reminds me a bit of zappa mixed with a psyched out version of coldcut... It sounds really nice, and I'm really amazed at the evolution your music has gone through since you signed up in June 2005. You keep true to your own sound, but your productions have become progressively more complex and indepth.

bravo,

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

Microfluid, it's a joke from NC smile Jovica is a user who uploaded a LOT of samples and he used to be at "nr one" all the time for nr of uploaded samples... The joke is hard to explain smile

Thanks for those links, they sound pretty nice.

By the way some explanation: In general we never allow samples from other sites to be uploaded, because it's always very difficult to know th EXACT license of the sounds on other sites (sometimes the site says "free", but then if you would like to sell those samples, the original author would say "NO WAY!!"wink...

Also, as you had just signed up, I tend to answer really short: you never know if a person who has just signed up will stay and interact, so it's hard to know how much time to spend explaining. wink But, here you are, so you deserve a longer explanation! grin

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

jobro, meet LS, our local firestarter...

LS, play nice with the other children now...

- bram

0 sounds
    2 posts

Well, I liked it. Nice beats and good use of samples. I have been working on something the past year that is similar, but far, far, FAR more amateurish, to your Voyager work. Following your lead, I set it up at Archive, too. I have four tracks pretty much finished, but only two uploaded. These are less polished songs, as experiments in sound design and song development. The first track isn't even musical. I'll load up track 3 sometime this weekend. It's called:

From Beyond the Oort Cloud

Your work has inspired me to keep it going. There was a part on track 3 I never liked and I've been trying to fix it. I'm close but not ready to put it out there yet.

258 sounds
    355 posts

who said anything about uploading? did you even bother to read the posts? apparently not. just samples ..hello..what the hell do you think most of these packs are? oh right there's lots of creativity in those SAMPLES of BEEPS or BLOOOPS.....lol. yeah maybe in your 8 bit world.

come on now.

185 sounds
    79 posts

Posted three more files. Awaiting approval.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hey guys, my name is kyle and i am from the U.K. England..

i have recently set up my own founded hiphop school "beatroute"

atm i am searching for voice samples to go in my breaks and fills of my music for demos at local schools and collages...

these voices have to all match and have different meanings.. maybe even tell a story...

my demo is hiphop / contempoary based.......

if you guys could help at all that would be excellent.. if not could anybody give me some tips or pointers????

and how to get hold of my own?

regards kyle

433 sounds
    230 posts

Toad and Peach just contains sampled Nintendo sounds. Not much creative about them, and that's why I haven't bothered uploading any of the samples here due to most are breaking copyright laws.

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Bram
    or, use 2 tags:

global-village and freesound-text
    - bram

fine, two tags then

88 sounds
    9 posts

Corsica_S, dangerbabe:
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate it smile

Bram:
    i think it might be interesting to record this word on spanish, not english...

16 sounds
    48 posts

I have updated my samples with the tags global-village and freesound-text. smile

4 sounds
    31 posts

Although I combine synthesis and sampling, I'm always sampling every sound I create, so I'm a 'sampleholic' (:
    For me it's more flexible and more interesting to work with samples and sampled synths (I mean if I compose some melody, for example, I will sample it), because, first, if you work with samples therefore you can cut and stretch them as you want, it's like a flight of your fantasy, and I often add lots of effects on them, therefore I'm a 'effectoholic' by the way))), second, working with samples won't kill your PC as lots of Massives for example do. So it's just the question of your own flavours.
    (sorry if it's a bit weird in places -- my English fault))

16 sounds
    48 posts

Here you go, Alexbird.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=2970

0 sounds
    5 posts

I agree smile He is one of my favourite musicians. Compared to his work, I find much electronic music to be thin, repetitive, and unoriginal.

1 sound
    9 posts

Cool smile

I have messed around with Absynth. It is capable of such a huge variety of sounds. My only problem with it that, although i can create nice sounds with it, I find it difficult to use if I have a certain sound in mind. To me, Zebra is the perfect compromise between a "bread and butter" synth, and a power synth.

I've not used Albino much recently. I agree it is a little "straight ahead" but if I wanted to make a warm little sparkley bell sequence, I'd probably do it in Albino.

I'd love to hear some of your patches by the way, and any other softsynth addicts here.

ERH I love Kontakt for loading multisamples, but for sound design I'm not a fan. I use Ableton Sampler sometimes for sound design. It's pretty cool.

I'm working on getting a large collection of Zebra patches together at the moment. I'll post some examples soon.

1366 sounds
    123 posts

Crispin - you have a great thing thing there - that Aphex Twin video is amazing but also has the most powerful sound I have heard in a long time. I am a big Richrad James/AT fan and that is a standout piece I had never seen.

Good stuff.

1366 sounds
    123 posts

I am a synthoholic - have even renamed my girlfriend Synthia [not really]. Like you I continually make new patches and now have thousands. Totally addictive.

Absynth is a beast I love but the presets are mainly bollocks and as a matter of pride I always try to make totally new presets for any synth. I use Absynth basically as a weird sampler - take an existing patch, replace the samples with your own or replace the oscillators with samples then experiment with parameters at will. Most presets start out with a mixture of osc and samples and have pre-made envelopes and lfo's so you have a head start on a moving evolving sound.

I have Albino too but although some of the layered sounds are ok I have made my own by combining random layers to get some nice sounds but is a little too straight ahead for me.

The freebie Crystal is a great tool but hard work.

I keep promising myself a good sampler and I would go for Kontakt as I love NI stuff but where the hell will I ever find and keep enough memory for the 30gigs it now shifts with [or the cash!]