Forums

4677 sounds
    376 posts

You might be setting yourself up for a snappy punch line with that question, but seriously folks... most stuff would be copyright shady from the publishers side if reading from a copyrighted book. However there are tons of less copyrighted "books on tape" out there in mp3 format mostly. I put links to 2 articles on finding that kind of stuff if you can't find it hear. Users here might be less reluctent to read a script that you need, that you wrote... or have them rattle something off in the vain of a book in that genre. Be careful, if you read dianetics outload I heard tom cruise comes to your house and stands on your couch.

10 sounds
    3 posts

www.dubstepforum.com.

17 sounds
    224 posts

Here is the actual weapon of mass destruction. It can't be heard while in preview mode (the lo-fi version that is played probably had this "unhearable" frequency chopped off) , you'll have to download it. If you or someone around you might hear it, TURN THE VOLUME DOWN. It hurts. Really.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=48308

7 sounds
    5 posts

This today from an articulate young man I know in Scotland:

Dear Karl James

I certainly agree with you. It is destroying our human rights. I am a near teenager at 12 years old and I am not a dumb yob with no self respect. They are not respecting our rights and it is aganst many acts in the universal decloration of human rights. It is realy anyoing noise and some of or older users say that it is anoying as well. I think that it is just like some modern wepons used in ww2. The people who install it are ignorant little tyrants and I bet soon someone will take this to court.
    Thank you for your debate subject and I shall bring this up with my peers

Mark (Full name Name withheld by KJ)
    Chairman and Room 13 Regular

0 sounds
    3 posts

Simon_Lacelle
    What exactly do you mean by grimey? Name some artists. I suggest buying a crate of old-ass vynils and start digging, if you have the same grimey as me in mind.

im talkin grime bro like the sounds mr.slash or ratchet mr.snowman danny weed and wiley use.

and im usin reason by the way so vinyls ent really gna help me fam

safe any way

0 sounds
    6 posts

Public place are supposed to be healthy and wholesome for all age groups, or they aren't public places. That this is even being allowed is insane. It's targeting children's ears, which are still fragile and growing. So they're meant to stop people from hanging around or visiting? what about kids that are with their parents, and have to deal with the children's complaints of ear aches? Kids that are being made deaf to certain sounds? It just... *sigh* I can't believe this is serious. :x

163 sounds
    137 posts

I am a KDE User. For this purpose i just create a desktop icon, link it to the application lame or oggenc or whatever and after droping any *.wav file to it, it creates the corresponding *.mp3 file on my desktop wink

.. works also with graphics conversion applications like size reduction etc.

-Erdie

0 sounds
    10 posts

For Batch converting you can try to the demo version of FlexiMusic Wave Editor, which makes the process of converting so many formats a breeze by automating all the tasks and giving you the best quality..

101 sounds
    99 posts

i'd like to thank bram and everyone for getting all "guerilla mad scientist" on this one... that's exactly what i was getting at. :wink:

0 sounds
    6 posts

I really dont know how to describe this this sound but you hear some rapper say it in their songs or just use it as a background sound. Anyways if anyone has a sample of this just let me know. thanks!

7 sounds
    5 posts

I love the idea of hurting back the hurters... would be very happy to try out anything this weekend. But I don't have time to create the file. So let me know if you get anywhere!

KJ

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Bram
    bah they modulate the tone itself, that's perfect. if you play a 16khz sound right next to it - or even in the neighbourhood- it should sound pretty damned funkie. Give it a shot: mix that file by thedialogueproject with a straight 16khz tone and see what happens.

of course I could be wrong.

if that fails mix it with a 16khz + something tone (dobroide could you figure out the actual frequency of the higher pitched part?)

- bram

Bram,
    I did what you say (assigned separate channels to the original tone and the one generated by me) then played together and... it sounds like crap smile As for the high part actually it's 16500 Hz, click the thumbnail belo for a detail

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5411/mosquitotonefa2.th.jpg

121 sounds
    1545 posts

bah they modulate the tone itself, that's perfect. if you play a 16khz sound right next to it - or even in the neighbourhood- it should sound pretty damned funkie. Give it a shot: mix that file by thedialogueproject with a straight 16khz tone and see what happens.

of course I could be wrong.

if that fails mix it with a 16khz + something tone (dobroide could you figure out the actual frequency of the higher pitched part?)

- bram

0 sounds
    16 posts

orite everyone does any1 produce bassline ukg garage or dance
    i need help i am at a stand still with nowhere to go
    i want to be creative but just seem to get stuck with a little loop that sounds okish
    i want to take it further or on to the next step if u feel like helpin that would be gr8
    open to idea's cheers

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Hi,
    Rode NT4, AT822, and Soundman OKM binaurals are popular choices. Search the forum around, there are several threads about the subject

D

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Bram
    play another signal with a frequency very close to it: by SLIGHTLY modulating the frequency of the second signal you can modulate the first and make it thus hearable for EVERYONE.

that's actually a very good experiment. can someone please go figure out what frequency this thing is at?

- bram

according to thedialogueproject, 4 kHz and 16kHz. For spectral images see my comments here:
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=48257
    and here:
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=48258

About fighting the thing... I'd wish to know if the shop warns visitors about the sound they are being exposed to. And it might be interesting to ask a lawyer about the legality of the technique. Taking actions againts the shop would be a nice way to fight this,..

D

10 sounds
    3 posts

Any recommendations at all for a stereo mic?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

play another signal with a frequency very close to it: by SLIGHTLY modulating the frequency of the second signal you can modulate the first and make it thus hearable for EVERYONE.

that's actually a very good experiment. can someone please go figure out what frequency this thing is at?

- bram

0 sounds
    6 posts

would be extremely helpful to have some samples taken from self help tapes/ or read from self help books

thanks very much for your help and time
    tongue

101 sounds
    99 posts

i wonder what would be the best way for the individual to combat this type of thing?.... ear plugs? ....cut the wires? ...somehow aim another frequency at it and cancel it out? anybody?