Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi Mike,

Things went well and v1.1 finally shipped! You are mentioned w/a special thanks and a link to your website on the Oops I'm Late! main page. Thanks again for doing it.

If you could also do one more thing; a "Cancelled.wav" sound, that would be great.

Hopefully, in the future, the CC-licensed sounds can find their way into mix-ups, on youtube, etc. You never know. grin

Best Regards,
    Alex
    www.oopsimlate.com

101 sounds
    99 posts

if it's on freesound it should be cool... just make sure you credit digifishmusic... maybe even mail him and let him know much ass he kicks :wink: .

0 sounds
    2 posts

stickman
    maybe something like this? http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=45438

Stickman thats brilliant thankyou very much am i ok to use this?

101 sounds
    99 posts

maybe something like this? http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=45438

1510 sounds
    109 posts

Blow air very slowly and constanly to microphone, to get reality do it twice and put it together if you want to have stereo. Use compressors and eq during mix smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Now that I've discovered these in-ear binaural microphones I intend to use them for a variety of purposes, one of which is to record live performances. Check them out here: www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-TFB-2

For $79, the audio quality is amazing. Listen to the sample recordings to get a feel for what a live performance recorded with them will sound like.

This may not be what you're looking for, but you may want to consider recording binaural on top of what you would normally record, just to get a feel for both and which one you like better.

As far as positioning, you'll want to be as close to center as possible, and about 200ft back from the stage.

As far as gear to record with (since this is just a microphone) I also suggest buying the "recorder" adapter for the iPod and using that, or hooking up to an iRiver.

That's just my 2 cents, hopefully it's of help to you!

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi Everyone

Im looking for an atmos track for a film im working on, and its for when you stick yourr fingers in your ears and you hear a residual low deep noise? Anybody got any suggestions?
    Cheers
    A

44 sounds
    99 posts

Rode NT4

85 sounds
    73 posts

You could record the words yourself (or have someone here do it...) and process it with "AnalogX Scratch". But no warranty, I never tried that software, just googled it...

85 sounds
    73 posts

I don't think that admins would rate their own samples high... If you can't trust them in that issue, maybe they don't deserve to be in an administrative position... And of course you could prevent this: I don't realy know, but I guess that there's something like an administration panel to review the sounds, where every admin logs in with his user name. Then you should disable rating for sounds that this admin uploaded himself.

606 sounds
    276 posts

martian
    i doubt any one over the age of 16 can hear above 17k!

and that age is probably dropping in direct proportion to the use of ipods and the like

for me 48K is more than enough...

so how's the hiss on this puppy?

is it really out?

It's out...

The R-44 is definitely out, from a Japanese field-recordist...

http://www.digifishmusic.com/public/images/r-44.jpg
    http://www.digifishmusic.com/public/images/surround.jpg

I have one arriving Monday smile

digifish

231 sounds
    129 posts

i doubt any one over the age of 16 can hear above 17k!

and that age is probably dropping in direct proportion to the use of ipods and the like

for me 48K is more than enough...

so how's the hiss on this puppy?

is it really out?

103 sounds
    195 posts

I searched in forums, articles and blogs - tons of technical infos, not one clear suggestion. I know the topic is vaste and that it's very hard to achieve a good record with one mic only ...maybe some of you faced the same situation.
    we play ballads, folk and standards, with no percussions, use to record rehearse but the result is low even for a pre-demo. unavoidable problems with different instruments: oboe has a strong voice, accordion reach very high freq, and only voice, guitar and contrabasso are amplified. I use a portable digital recorder with internal mics (Edirol R1). the best mic position appear to be near the center of room, actually close to the near field of most instruments. we can change our position for a better panning, but we can't have a bigger room, too expensive to rent! here's the playing situation:

- a small rectangular studio room with two loudspeakers at corners
    - one voice, amplified
    - an acustic guitar, amplified
    - an acoustic contrabasso, amplified
    - accordion, oboe and violin, not amplified

I can only buy a new microphone - not enough money and tech skill to buy other pro hardware.
    which microphone would you suggest to use? omnidirectional, hyper-supercardioid...?
    which recording technique would you suggest, using one mic? I thought of a stand to put the mic above heads

thanks in advance smile

88 sounds
    9 posts

try this one:
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=31283

490 sounds
    142 posts

I love Eyehategod, and Xasthur rocks.

A good way to get hard, guitar-esque type sounds is to process your sound through distortion and guitar-amp processes. This works with pretty much any type of tone to get a nice metal crunch, but especially with a synth with a strong sawtooth wave.

8 sounds
    1 post

Norwegian cartoon. You might not get all the points ehm.. but lotsa freesound samples. Thanks folks greate job!!!

www.myspace.com/herrkalkun

0 sounds
    1 post

Hey im new on this forum/site

But i would like to ask some-one to make a scratched sample with the text "rise of a legend" its for a hiphop song and it could be like 4 to 5 seconds long

I dont know if you make em your own or you extract them from...well anywhere but

its just a question if it isnt possible then i'll look further

0 sounds
    3 posts

ok thank you.

0 sounds
    1 post

bro where u find tht sample?

plz tell me coz i m also looking for it so badly..

wting for ur reply

Dj Mak.

434 sounds
    230 posts

I like the sound of this idea. However it ain't very fair that you got the chance to vote high on your own samples. And the reason is because if they can, they'll propably will do that. So limit the first vote between 3 and 7. Maybe it's my swedish heritage that makes a reminder here, but for me it would be better if you could vote neither high nor low would be the most fair way to do it. I'm not any admin what so ever, but that's just my simple thought here.

:quick edit:
    And while we're at voting I'd love to see not just the overall vote, but also votes for quality, idea, length etc. The reason is because then you could get a much more full rate of the sound. And just to clearify this right now: I vote for the samples I LIKE, and if I find use for it.