Forums

3 sounds
    25 posts

If you can afford the DPA mics, then you should be able to afford a proper binaural setup; jecklin disc or other.

Commercially available, for a reasonable amount of money is the Crown SASS.
    http://www.crownaudio.com/mic_web/sass.htm

Cost for these in the US are on the order of $1070 new from online retailers like Sweetwater.com

I use binaural artificial heads for recordings made by Head Acoustics, but these are terribly high priced units (over $30,000) and really are not designed for field recording. They do also sell a less expensive recording device which uses a modified sennheiser noise cancelling headset (the headset has mics at each ear location) that makes for nice recordings. These run around $8000 for the recorder and headset.

-Scott

36 sounds
    215 posts

Do you check my Chip Pack cool
    with sample tagged with beep/beeps words...

Else give me the exact duration you need:
    bip #1 time, pause time, bit #2 time...

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a sound like the voyager doorbell and one like the red alert.
    1. cant find them here
    2. when recording them myself the background noise (I think it is supposed to be gravity pumps or whatever - the constant low background-noise in star trek) disturbs very much

it doesn't need to be the original sound, something alike would be perfect.

doorbell: two low tones, one high
    red alert: i cant describe that sorry smile

0 sounds
    6 posts

Well, Free to use
    Also, Free to listen to
    And, Free to download

But not to remix, I never thought of that to be honest
    cheers for pointing that out to me.

i dont mind people using my track in any media presentation game film programme ect.

Thanks mate.
    Alistair

121 sounds
    1544 posts

Always interesting to see websites with Free music that doesn't have a particular 'free' license...

Free to do what exactly, airmedia? Free to sell? Free to remix and sell? Free to remix? Free to listen to?

Perhaps you should use one of the creative commons licenses to make clear what kind of usage people can use your work for.

-> http://www.creativecommons.org/

- bram

9 sounds
    4 posts

Hi hello_flowers

Yes, it is kind of musique concrete, although what I'm after isn't as precisely chopped up and orchestrated as what Pierre Schaeffer or Varese used to get up to. I'm thinking more of long (like several minutes) field recordings mixed together with a minimum of edits and effects.

Thanks

Stuart

795 sounds
    273 posts

This technique is often refered to as "concrete" composition. The first of the "musique concrete" composers came around in the early 1900's. After vinyl records and cassette tapes were invented, it became much easier for these artists to record and play back recordings. Some composed entire symphonies with multiple phonographs playing simultaneously. This movement wa short-lived in Europe, though, and even shorter in the United States. It has become rare to find concrete artists since the original musique concrete composers began the 'movement'.

No, I didn't copy that from wikipedia, I just typed it now.

9 sounds
    4 posts

Linse thanks very much.

Stuart

3050 sounds
    476 posts

inchadney
    Could anybody please tell me the overall measurements of the Rode NT 4, as I would like to see, if it would fit into my windshield.

:wink:

Inchadney

Hi there

Talking from memory, approximately around 200 mm long, shaft 40mm in diametre, and the head... some 55 mm wide.
    Which windshield do you have? I could fit the NT4 inside a Rycote without difficulty, but the main problem was not size, the problem was *weight*: being so heavy it tended to move from the elastic bands, even if tight. These were unable to keep it in place securely sad (actually that's why I sold my NT4 last year). Hope this helps.

Saludos

0 sounds
    6 posts

Hey All,

This is my first post so i just thought i would share some of my freebies with you all on this forum.

Cheers All
    Alistair : www.air-media.co.uk

MCPS FREE : MUSIC HERE
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/tranquilant.mp3
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/awsome.mp3
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/one.mp3
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/starborn.mp3
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/orion.mp3
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/nexusone.mp3
    www.air-media.co.uk/music/scape.mp3

827 sounds
    73 posts

Could anybody please tell me the overall measurements of the Rode NT 4, as I would like to see, if it would fit into my windshield.

:wink:

Inchadney

121 sounds
    1544 posts

hey guys,

no, html isn't allowed in comments, we do this to make sure the layout doesn't get messed up when people write descriptions...

descriptions should be as clean as possible!

- bram

827 sounds
    4 posts

Hello! This is my first forum post I think, though I have been contributing for a while now with various sample packs.

I am looking for the wavetables in the old pearl rack drum-synthesizer SC-40 (or SC-20, the version with lower polyphony). It uses short looped digital wavetables (not scannable like on waldorf synths though) as oscillators, which are then filtered through to analog bandpass-filters.

I am interested in the raw waveforms since I would like to emulate the sound on my machinedrum UW, but I would also love to hear single shot examples of different drum patches.

Thanks in advance!

77 sounds
    35 posts

Well, it is when people say you are crazy you know you're on the right track.

Great recordings have been made in reverberant spaces. check out "Cistern" by Doublends Vert on the 12k label. Or some of the recordings by Pauline Oliveros. These were made in the Fort Worden reservoir near Seattle in the US. This underground abandoned reservoir features the longest reverb time in a man made construction: 45 secs.

Anyway, I am no expert on this myself but what you're trying to do resembles techniques close to impulse response recordings for convolution reverbs. Electronic Musician have an interesting article on this:

http://emusician.com/tutorials/emusic_acting_impulse

I would go for a classic spaced omni setup. Check out the DPA and Schoeps sites:

http://www.schoeps.de/E-2004/appendix-tech.html
    http://www.dpamicrophones.com/page.php?PID=1

Critical will be your choice of microphones. The DPA 4060 have a presence boost when fitted with the "high boost grid". Maybe something more towards 15.000Hz would be better but this will probably land you with Neumann and other DPA (4006) microphones meaning the budget will have to increase significantly.

Reading through all of this you will see that the NT4 being a coincident XY setup is not really a good solution.

--Peter

36 sounds
    215 posts

I think it's better to use BBCode in the description
    because HTML is a lot of problems cool

I think that using HTML will make a lot of problems,
    because we can insert Java/JavaScript/Flash in that
    and in this world there is stupid people in some
    case that will try to make s*** with that.
    remember that HTML code have more size than
    BBCode code that have more size than simple text. :evil:
    Remember that there is more that 32000 files here :lol:

So to avoid that, Bram must create some algorithmS
    to control that
    and I don"T think he have the time sad

But the thing is not bad, using BBCode in description can be coolest that simple text
    and enough for what we need tongue

But using BBcode too need some work, so I don"t know :evil:

10 sounds
    14 posts

I was just wondering, when you describe a file, does HTML code appear as HTML or does it work to do what its supposed to do...
    for example, when you type in <font color="blue">blahblahblah</font> does it show up as <font color="blue">blahblahblah</font> or blahblahblah
    I mean in the Description only

0 sounds
    1 post

Hei! I need a Tam-Tam sample. Thanks :roll:

20 sounds
    5 posts

Hi Stuart

There is a Swedish sound artist by the name of Hanna Hartman who works in the way you describe
    http://www.hannahartman.de/
    http://www.komplott.com/catalogue.php

Also, most of the artists on this label work with field recordings in some way

http://www.and-oar.org/

Linse

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi,
    I've recorded an electronic improv using sounds by two freesounders: Freed and niyambhushan.

You can find the improv here: www.peterodoherty.net/untitled7.html

Would be interested to know what people think.

Peter O'Doherty

9 sounds
    4 posts

Hello,

I'm wanting to get in touch with people who make music solely out of field recordings - no instruments, no beats, few effects; just collections of pure environmental ambience. Does anyone know of any movement like this going on anywhere?

Thanks

Stuart