Forums

26 sounds
    107 posts

Annyeong hasseyo from Korea

0 sounds
    1 post

Well, you do have options that you can get funding from …but there is no guarantee that they will fund small business. You need to have proper business plan to get the required funds and need to be good in your approach….by good I mean you should be business minded. I believe that you can use vmusicbook.com for this as it has the needed information for the people that fund the small businesses. It can also provide you an effective plan to about your business.

0 sounds
    215 posts

I'M HARDPCM AND I LOVE THAT VERY LOUD!!!!

I think you understand my opinion...

cool

128 sounds
    198 posts

I knew there would be multiple right answers, so don't apologize to me.

0 sounds
    1 post

i used to be into hard house till i got bored with it and you can try albums by tony de vit, best bet tho is a guy called captain tinrib,his label tinrib records had loads of hoovers .i dont have time to found out any 4 you but download or buy some of ther albums and you should find a few. tin rib and pete wardman did a track together back mid 90's on tinrib records and it was a fuckin cracker but i dont know its name anymore.

hopes thats sum kind of help fur ye...tinribs got a track called hoover time av just recalled too and its on youtube.

www.myspace.com/rosswatt

0 sounds
    49 posts

grin

0 sounds
    1 post

Ciao from Italy

44 sounds
    99 posts

No, actually my knobs go to 12!!!!!! Take a look.

http://www.ericfortin.com/12.jpg

2 sounds
    11 posts

Bram
    Mart[1001],

could you try another FTP application like filezilla (pc) or cyberduck (mac) and see if that helps?

- bram

Nope...still no good.
    Not sure if I'm using FileZilla correctly though, as I've never used an ftp application before. I've always just copied the ftp to my browser and copied and paste when I update my web.

Anyway....here's what I did. I installed FileZilla and it all looked self explanatory, so I copied the ftp address(ftp://freesound.iua.upf.edu/), into the host field...my user name into the username field, and my password into the password field. Clicked 'Quick connect'...and this is what I got:-
    Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
    Response: 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
    blah blah blah
    Command: USER Mart[1001]
    Response: 331 User Mart[1001] OK. Password required
    Command: PASS *****
    Response: 530 Login authentication failed
    Error: Could not connect to server

Is there anything I can do in the options of FileZilla ?
    Could there be a problem with my user name contain [1001] ? Obviously, I can't change this to find out.
    I've tried changing my password, many times now, in hope that it might cure something.
    I've tried using both the applet and FileZilla with my AVG exited, and my firewall disarmed.

Things that seem to go flawlessly for others...always seem to go wrong for me. :evil: grin :wink:
    Only joking....any idea lads ?

375 sounds
    12 posts

Hi everybody,

the bird is definitely an European Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus scirpaceus), not Acrocephalus arundinaceus, the Great Reed Warbler (as Dobroide presumed)

You can compare all of the four most common Acrocephalus species songs on this very good site from Finland:

http://www.birdphoto.fi/

Reinsamba

0 sounds
    49 posts

No I'm bored of this post matey.

The volume levels that an ADC imparts on to ur audio is tiny and is insignificant compared to any audio over the top including background noise... dithering algorithms etc. And to be honest i'd want to keep any noise that my pre-amp was making.

I think people should get it out of their head that things need to be loud. The 24bit enviroment gives a huge amount of flexibility and people shouldn't stress about getting levels in to their DAW that are maxed out as the audio will suffer.

I've offered evidence that 24bit allows this flexibility with links and you've chosen to ignore it and given me your double whammy ADC and pre amp noise that is clouding ur audio.

If only that knob went to 11 eh?

44 sounds
    99 posts

so you are in agreement now??? do you see how it can be beneficial to record at higher levels?

0 sounds
    49 posts

yes. i know. I was joking.

44 sounds
    99 posts

once you compress you can't undo. You can always go back and compress after the track has been recorded.

0 sounds
    49 posts

ejfortin

NEVER NEVER NEVER use a compressor in your signal chain when tracking. That's audio basics 101!!!!!!!

What... never ever...?

:lol:

2 sounds
    1 post

Hi,

My name is Henri, and I'm kind of a hobbyist sound guy if there is such a thing. I make on set recordings and sound effects for short films, plays, etc. I found this site while I needed an alarm sound in a rush for an amateur play, having no time to record and no money to buy it.

H.

44 sounds
    99 posts

yes, i know that the noise floor will be present from the preamp no matter what gain setting i use. the problem there is also noise created in the ACD. This is why if you record silence with no preamp running to your adc you can still get noise if you crank the signal up enough. So when I normalize a low level signal i am not only turning up the noise from my preamp but I am also turn up the noise from the ADC!!!!!! Double whammy when you are recording at low volume levels. This is why you don't do it. Use the dynamic range that 24 bits gives you.

NEVER NEVER NEVER use a compressor in your signal chain when tracking. That's audio basics 101!!!!!!! Of course clipping your peaks isn't good either but I would rather take a second run at something to get a better signal than to record at low levels or use a compressor during tracking.

0 sounds
    49 posts

It doesn't work like that because you've already normalised it.

You're boosting the gain on ur pre-amp which is also raising the noise level. Where do you think the noise is coming from?

Consider this.. You get ur pre-amp and you record a singer. You think to yourself 'I must make this as loud as possible because I want to make use of my 24bits' So you turn up the gain.. find yourself clipping at the peaks... so you add a compressor so you can record to your DAW at a higher volume - permanently altering the vocal whilst ur at it.

What you've just done is boosted the noise floor... by raising the gain on ur pre-amp... you've then compressed the signal.. making the difference the loud bits and quiets bits smaller.. which has infact raised the noise floor again.

Just forget about the compressor, reduce the volume.. record in to the DAW. apply a gate removing the noise and don't worry that ur signal is representing 20bits because you now thats plently of dynamic range and you fine well know chances are its going to be mixed down to 16bit anyway.

0 sounds
    5 posts

hello! you can download some stuff... here it is cool
    http://download.yousendit.com/D55C01610DE716B3
    goodluck to ya

3097 sounds
    480 posts

Yes, it sounds much like one. You can compare with this other sample in which Acrocephalus arundinaceus dominates:
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=18970

D