Forums

106 sounds
    54 posts

www.myspace.com/projectmarv

Be great to get some feedback. A lot of things put up on there aren't completed yet, as I'm working on a double CD set that goes through a day in someone's life. I did think it could be ready for summer, but now know that's impossible with all the work that still needs doing.

I write or co-write almost all of the material, plus produce, engineer and arrange. I also perform almost all of the instrumentation and do a lot of singing when no one else wants to (I don't enjoy lead vocals very much).

0 sounds
    1 post

Both sites are excellent and a great idea. We need more dedication to sites such as this online and the generation of more collaborating sites for musical artists of all natures. I too, have been working laboriously at achieving similar things but am not nearly as advanced as either Freesound or SoundSnaps are at this point.

I agree strongly with what you claimed SoundSnaps and commend you for your open attitude wherein you are not competing here. Competition is, IMHO, useless and egotistical on the Internet especially when collaborating is our main goal. Competition would just be a contradiction of our own goals.

I'm very excited with both sites here, and others as well which have cropped up over the last year. I am a musician/producer/engineer and songwriter and would immensely enjoy collaborating with any of you in an effort to help make all of our sites better, together.

Kindest Regards

Peter

0 sounds
    23 posts

Hey Noisecollector

What is your Myspace address?

0 sounds
    7 posts

"Is There Anybody Out There?......." :lol:

1357 sounds
    123 posts

Yes, DJC, congrats and thanks for a year of great contributions and support for fellow freesounders. I am just a newcomer really - I joined in January this year. By the way, love the never ending song.
    http://upload9.postimage.org/232068/stonefaceavgif2.gif

1357 sounds
    123 posts

Good answer LootFragg, very informative. You could also try Audio Recording Wizard - simple but effective and works great for me.

0 sounds
    2 posts

I would like the sounds of photographers, paparazzi or something shouting at a celebrity for pictures, or news reporters shouting questions.

it dosn't need to be clear, its for like a backround ambience thing.

Thanks

6 sounds
    10 posts

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=37286

Could be a warbler or a finch maybe? Any help appreciated smile

0 sounds
    1 post

"hello" would be the word, if she has a sophisticated touch much better... British would be excellent if not.. it is also ok...

thankyou very much

jant

26 sounds
    107 posts

http://myspace.com/thejordanemmansband

That's the site for the band I'm in here in South Korea. I'm engineering, producing, mixing and mastering the entire project, 11 songs in all. The songs that are up are not quite done yet. Should be finished this fall.

0 sounds
    1 post

I need a sample of water filling a header tank or similar, maybe a cistern, the more unusual or old sounding the better, lots of gurgling or faulty ballcock noises the better, pipes nocking and cluncking feeling like an old victorian house in need of repairs. can you help? :?

6 sounds
    10 posts

I'm looking for things like "warning: vehicle is reversing". "caution two-way traffic" etc. preferably from the UK. Anyone got anything like this they've recorded?

Ta.

28 sounds
    287 posts

As their a few artists on here, i thought I'd start a thread allowing people to show off their music (Freesound samples included or not) to the rest of us.

Mine is www.myspace.com/redattack - check it out and add me if you want :wink: the more the merrier!

Your turn...

28 sounds
    287 posts

haha, nice one. i was a year last month or the month before i think. Some guy read about this place in a magazine - sound on sound i think!

Edit: Just looked - its march!.

28 sounds
    287 posts

LootFragg
    And machine guns are always automatic. :!:

not true, you can get single shot and semi-automatic machine guns... :wink:

103 sounds
    191 posts

this is the noise of a cahode ray tube turning on

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=31254

190 sounds
    179 posts

volivieri
    I just joined today (I saw Bram & Jaume's presentation in Prague, and then had dinner with them), and tried to upload a bunch of sounds. I got errors for each file. Some of the errors reported had to do with renaming the files (something I guess freesound does to standardize file names), and some said that my file types were not supported (I'm only uploading wave and aiff files). I think that as a result, all of my tagging and describing may have been lost. I'm new to this whole freesound thing, so it's entirely likely I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Welcome ! grin

121 sounds
    1544 posts

oh damn!

I thought you were in the south, but not in Seville.

ARGH! That's SO stupid of me, ...

- bram

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi Beatboxers. Which beatboxer would like a record to take up in a studio together with Ronny Eckert? Toxic-Clan-Records search beat boxers who together with Ronny Eckert a House Elektro track like to produce. on:
    http: // www.ronny-eckert.com / html / label_.html
    you can announce yourselves.Load a fresh demo up.
    A lot occur your Toxic team!

3055 sounds
    476 posts

Bram
    ugh,
    I was in Seville for a short vacation while this happened!
    - bram

shame on you :x
    EDIT: about your not giving a ring or something, I mean