Forums

98 sounds
    44 posts

Is the sound i uploaded what you want?

18 sounds
    456 posts

You can do in a way. I remember a story (though I can't remember where I heard it or exactly what it was about) where people in a noisy city could hear a coin drop, simply because they focussed on that sound. Other sounds of the same volume they could not hear.
    Still cool though the frogs have a built-in equalizer tongue

18 sounds
    456 posts

Usually the best way of having one person appear as 2 or more is simply to record more. Have them sing a counter-melody or anything resembling the main melody. Think "Bohemian Rhapsody", they didn't simply record one take and applied (at the time not-yet-existing) plugins over it.
    It might appear to take more time, but really, any method you use to achieve it will in the end take the same amount of time. You might not need more recording time, you're working on fiddling with plugins and in the end, at least I think so, plugins are fine for some effects, but if you want to double instruments or vocals, nothing can beat a second recording take.

3121 sounds
    481 posts

I read something amazing: it seems there is a torrent frog somewhere in China that can tune his eardrums to specific ultrasonic sound frequencies. By so doing they are able to communicate with each other even in the noisy environments they live in (because of splashing water)...

That I call 'flexible' hardware !! I wish I my eardrums could do this...

More here: http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/08/0721frogears.html

Saludos

D

98 sounds
    44 posts

You shouldn't say stuff like that.
    I'm telling Brian anyway

795 sounds
    273 posts

i am in no way responsible for this thread, plzzz dont taze me bro! guys stop makin a deal outta it ur gonna get me in troubles sad

0 sounds
    15 posts

dobroide
    Hi,

you may mean a chorus effect? Most sound editors have this effect, er.... Audacity for example

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/effects_chorus.html

Cheers

D

no, what im trying to do in my song is having this girl sound like a group of girls singing together at the same time. i heard there's a plugin to do that but maybe someone knows a different way

12 sounds
    5 posts

Thank you dobroide. I had Sound Professionals in mind too when it came to shopping, and after your link I definitely know I will shop there. Thanks! grin

3121 sounds
    481 posts

Hi,

you may mean a chorus effect? Most sound editors have this effect, er.... Audacity for example

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/effects_chorus.html

Cheers

D

0 sounds
    15 posts

hey guys, i was told there's an effect or a way to accomplish this and I was wondering if any one know how to do it, having a vocal track make it sound like 20 people at the same time. no just mixing 20 channels, the dynamic change for each one of them changes making that person sound like whispers and different things. I know my english is not good, hope you guys understand!!

cheers to all

368 sounds
    257 posts

Well I'm not that gay and I've never tried Audacity,I never met Dobroide but I survive the Northern winters by sticking close with my kind.
    PENGUIN POWER!!!!!

98 sounds
    44 posts

gay people and gay things we are talking about who uses Audacity.
    1 more comment about gay things and i will have brian delete your acount

3121 sounds
    481 posts

hello_flowers
    ill tell u who doesn, gay penguins dont use audacity, they dont use it at all.

flowers, I've met many penguins that use audacity on a regular basis... and not all can be straight
    smile

795 sounds
    273 posts

NOTE:
    hello_flowers
    Sounds added: 782

yes, i know what audacity is tongue
    i dont think anyone whose spent more than ten minutes on the freesound forums doesnt

anyways, yes audacity, at least in my opinion is the single best sound editor, EVER, easy to use for newbies, and yet still an extremely convenient tool for professionals. hands-down, audacity is a MUST HAVE, theres no arguing it.

i would like to note that although intuition assumes i suggest those who dont use audacity are gay/penguins, another amazing feature of the human brain is common sense, which tells us that there are fewer penguins than there are compared to everything that isnt a penguin, common sense also tells us here that because of the absurdity of my statement it was likely to have been a simple joking comment meant to be mainly ignored, although i will say that the use of the g-word was a bit distasteful on my part.

98 sounds
    44 posts

hello_flowers
    ill tell u who doesn, gay penguins dont use audacity, they dont use it at all.

Why do you say that
    Do you even know what Audacity is?

3121 sounds
    481 posts

Luftrum
    Hi all.

Until date, I have been using my Zoom H2's built in microphones, but I find it difficult always walking around with that thing in my hand so I'm looking for a set of small clip-on microphones, binaural/cardoid.

My budget is 200$. I will mainly be recording nature ambience.

What would you recommend? Binaural or cardoid and why?

Preferable a shop in Europe or at least shipping to Europe.

Thank you.

Luftrum
    www.luftrum.com

Luftrum, you may want to check this thread:
    http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1981

Sound Professionals binaurals (cherished by freesounder Digifish) are cheap and can shipped to the EU

Regards
    D

PS, the track 'Silent colors' at your website sounds real good, congrats! And one can almost feel the rain smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Dear Sir/Madame,

our company is creating a polish language website for small kids. We would like
    to use one of the your sounds as a background music to our website
    - http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=21842.

Can we use it as it is, unchanged? Please let us know if it is legal, because
    here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/legalcode we cannot find
    anything about websites and the possibilities of use your sounds in the net.

98 sounds
    44 posts

I have a sound of a bunch of girls laughing i will upload it today.

12 sounds
    5 posts

Hi all.

Until date, I have been using my Zoom H2's built in microphones, but I find it difficult always walking around with that thing in my hand so I'm looking for a set of small clip-on microphones, binaural/cardoid.

My budget is 200$. I will mainly be recording nature ambience.

What would you recommend? Binaural or cardoid and why?

Preferable a shop in Europe or at least shipping to Europe.

Thank you.

Luftrum
    www.luftrum.com

0 sounds
    1 post

hi im new here and i badly need a sound effect like in movies where a monster pops out and it sounds like a real loud DUUUUUU! and it scare the crap out of you, anybody know what to call it? or could you show me where to find it?
    thanx