Forums

12 sounds
    57 posts

Bumping it for new comers to read and to say I still desperately need theese samples woot

0 sounds
    2 posts

It works, thanks a lot. I thought Firefox was easy to handle!

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, I enjoyed your film very much..the sound design was just right, not over done, you have a nice touch for subtleness.. maybe a wisp of doppler effect on the fall or a flyby...but your the teacher now, we are but humble students.. thanks, jupitor.

36 sounds
    215 posts

Metal001.wav and Metal002.wav are waiting for moderation cool

36 sounds
    215 posts

"Lofi chain recording."
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3981

36 sounds
    215 posts

Give me one week, I will try to make somes cool

0 sounds
    23 posts

Music Machines is another great resource for one-shot drum samples, including the 909, if you haven't found what you're after already.

0 sounds
    23 posts

Here is a page with a shishi-odoshi video with audio from "Outdoor Living Authority" that should help you fashion the sound of it.

0 sounds
    14 posts

Been searching to no avail for a recording of any hockey game. The sounds of skates and puck shooting with organ and commentary!!!! Anyone ever see that kind of thing on the site?
    Thanks!

0 sounds
    2 posts

Very nice, it instantly rememinded me of the Animatrix to. Exept, that it reminded me of that glitched house where the children where playing in. "His nose is bleeding!".

I enjoyed it.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Anyone owns a japanese bamboo deer scarer sound file?

It would help me out big time.

Greetings and thanks,

Brian Bors.

EDIT: I would not mind creating this from other Freesound sounds... but I simply don't know how it sounds, I never heared one. wootops:

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm going nuts trying to find a sample that actually sounds like the rattling of a chain. I'm designing for a small theatre, and they want these sound cues that represent a dungeon prisoner moving around their cell in the dark. so i need a mild variety of samples from rattles to dragging along the floor, to falling, being picked up.
    I've seen them around before and never needed them, now that I need one I can't find one!!!

36 sounds
    215 posts

FireFox 200 is configured by Default to open in players WAV/MP3/MP3
    so you must do these steps:

No 1:
    Make sure the download pannel appear when you get the download link...
    http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6144/z4zd7.jpg
    No 2:
    Go to the File Manager...
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5093/z1pp2.jpg
    No 3:
    Select the file type you need to download...
    http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5304/z2iq7.jpg
    No 4:
    And the action must be to download the file...
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3334/z3kh7.jpg
    No 5:
    Do the same for the other types...

No 6:
    Enjoy FreeSound :twisted: !!!

Ya!!!

0 sounds
    2 posts

It still does not solve the problem. I use Firefox version 2.0.0.4.

15 sounds
    135 posts

Not to be pushy or anything but is there any time frame estimate when the multiple licenses might be implemented? Thanks.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello,

When I've tried to install/compile the main.cpp file, I get this error:
    ------------------------------------
    g++ -c -O2 -Wall -pedantic anyoption.cpp
    g++ -c -O2 -Wall -pedantic main.cpp
    sndfile.h:253: error: '__int64' does not name a type
    sndfile.h:263: error: 'sf_count_t' does not name a type
    sndfile.h:316: error: 'sf_count_t' does not name a type
    sndfile.h:317: error: 'sf_count_t' does not name a type
    sndfile.h:389: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'sf_count_t' with no type
    sndfile.h:389: error: typedef 'sf_count_t' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
    sndfile.h:389: error: 'sf_vio_get_filelen' was not declared in this scope
    sndfile.h:389: error: expected ',' or ';' before '(' token
    sndfile.h:396: error: 'sf_vio_get_filelen' does not name a type
    main.cpp: In function 'long int string2color(std:weirdtring, gdImage*)':
    main.cpp:75: error: no matching function for call to 'transform(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, <unresolved overloaded function type>wink'
    main.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
    main.cpp:633: error: 'struct SF_INFO' has no member named 'frames'
    main.cpp:639: error: 'struct SF_INFO' has no member named 'frames'
    make: *** [main.o] Error 1
    ------------------------------------

Any help would be appreciated, of somebody has an idea?
    Thanks in advance.

0 sounds
    1 post

Dear All,

My name is Brian Vassallo.I am an International musician composing mainly electronic Music.
    I would like to request the following sounds and confirmation for permission to use your samples for the project i am doing.It is a track inspired from the television series" Miami Vice" and the Movie " HEAT". It will be a kind of soundtrack in a sense.

The Author's sounds that i will recieve and use for my project will be credited with his name and site on my video produced for this track.

I will need preferably the sounds today or tommorow,that are:

1. Sound of a helicopter flying above .

2. U.S.A ambulance with fading.

3. Cars passing,or low driving sound in a highway(1 minute at least of length)

Please send me your username/soundfile location etc ..only at contact@brianvassallo.com

This is my first project using freesound samples.I have already found friendly collaboaration and permission from FREQMAN/ERH/ACCLIVITY and if i see a response more and more here for my requests,i will continue to use all of you as a resource for my projects.
    I thank you all and you can find out about me here: www.myspace.com/bvassallo

Thank you and i hear from you then, wink

Sincerely
    BRIAN VASSALLO
    www.brianvassallo.com

3 sounds
    4 posts

To create a jingle for a new project, i would need both a male and a female voice saying "Inside USA".

I will use it for a podcast jingle, the voice artist will be credited on the website smile. Hope someone can help me!

0 sounds
    1 post

All, I host a radio show on WMUC, the University of Maryland's student-run station. My sets are composed of field recording collages and post punk stuff like Godspeed You Black Emperor and Stars of the Lid.

You can stream it on the web at the link below. The show airs on Tuesday from 600-800 EST.

If you can, tune in! If you contribute to this site, I bet you'd really enjoy it.

www.wmuc.umd.edu

-David

0 sounds
    4 posts

Cute video...