Forums

17 sounds
    224 posts

Mhh surprising Acclivity hasn't jumped on that one yet! I think he could do it superbly.

3 sounds
    4 posts

I'm in the process of making some podcast jingles and found your wonderful website. I'm looking for a special sample: I would need the Futurama Character Professor Farnsworth, saying "good news everyone". In case you don't know what i'm talking about, here's an example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6PC1kFqXnps

I don't want to sample the original, don't want to get in trouble because of any copyright violations. So can anyone imitate the professors voice and create a sample that sounds like the original? That would really help me out smile. I could do some Vocal work in return, if you dont mind my (imho) weird sounding voice wink (Disclaimer: I don't have a working mic right now, only the one on my videocam and a crappy usb-mic. A new one is ordered and should arrive this week)

Thanks, Mike

3 sounds
    4 posts

My first post, yippie! grin
    I just uploaded 3 samples with a Glock 19 9mm:

1) Magazin being inserted and slide cycled in a G19 (with an actual bullet being cycled which makes a different sound than cycling an empty slide)
    2) Shooting a single shot
    3) Shooting 8 shots in rapid fire

The shooting samples have a pretty strong echo, because i recorded these samples in an indoor range...
    The files will be available as soon as one of the mods approves them.

Edit: Here they are: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=2277

Mike

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi there
    I am looking for UK shipping forecasts as an mp3

I live in canada and can't find them anywhere

Graham

6 sounds
    10 posts

Sounds like the NT4 has your name all over it. Try it out...I guarantee you'll be blown away smile

1 sound
    16 posts

Thanks for your comments.

I want a new mic but I am definitely going to try what you have recommended Scott.
    I really like stereo recordings.

I had a look at the AKG 414 a few days ago but it's too expensive for my budget.

I'll be able to try out the NT3, NT4 and the AE 5100 in a music store in a few days.

The Audio Technica AE5100 is a large diaphragm condenser so would that not mean
    better, warmer sound eh? Anyone heard it?

But the NT3 and 4 are battery powered which is a big plus.

Any owners of these mics come forth and speak up!

0 sounds
    1 post

I've found at least one sample here I'd like to edit for use in a game I'm writing to be distributed under the terms of the GPL. There's more than one CC licence and I'm not sure which one freesound uses. Is it compatible with the GPL provided my game's documentation includes the appropriate credits?

0 sounds
    1 post

that very nice music

keep it up

828 sounds
    73 posts

Hi everybody,

has anybody had the chance to try this microphone? The data is just like that of the Audio Technica AT 825, with the difference, that the price is s.th. like EUR 59,00.

For the factsheet please use this link: http://www.superlux.com.tw/en/pdf/E523HPA_E.pdf

It would be great to compare both!

Inchadney

0 sounds
    2 posts

well, I don't have any recording equipment, or knowledge about audio editing [except occasionally in Audacity]. I could probably pull off something, but not likely as good as people with more experience; Maybe one of these days... but the contest deadline is June 20th.

So if anyone wants to download my video: tinyurl.com/3aunlb [75MB] and thinks they can make some sweet sound for those parts, I'll gladly add you to the credits.

433 sounds
    228 posts

Can anyone hand me 2 samples of a Glock handgun being fired and reloaded?

6 sounds
    10 posts

For general purpose field & studio work - the Rode NT4 is an excellent choice. I really love that mic!!

Very low self-noise too.

If you're going to be doing lots of work in various locations, it performs great.

If you're after an amazing studio condenser, then my very first and highest recommendation would be for the AKG 414. I've yet to use a finer mic - and that includes lots of high-end gear too!

0 sounds
    1 post

for the microphone sound shout yourself and add a some distortion and treble .. that would do the job wink

3 sounds
    25 posts

Soarer
    I always recorded with the mics clipped onto a pencil for stereo rec.
    They do have low end but my recordings sound quite weak compared to those from the condenser.

This is one of the main problems. Binaural means that the mics are designed to be used in ear or in the vicinity of the ear, relying on the larger surface of the sides of the head to provide some pressure zone for lower frequencies.

In a way, binaural microphones function as a type of pressure-zone microphone; particularly for low frequency response. In fact, Crown makes a nice binaural microphone using two PZMs, called SASS.

Binaural microphones also rely upon some type of barrier between for stereo separation. Clipped onto a pencil, you would not have that. Mounted in someone's ears, you have a very nice barrier.

Also, if you had them clipped to a pencil, chances are that you were not getting the required separation.

That does seem to be a pretty crummy signal to noise ratio, but even with these mics, you would get much better sounding recordings if you used them in the fashion they were designed to be used in.

If you don't like the idea of putting the mics in your ears, or if they don't fit, try clipping them to the temple pieces of a pair of glasses, with the elements as close to the ear position as possible. You'll be much happier with the result and the sound will sound much 'bigger' than co-located mics on a pencil.

-Scott

1 sound
    16 posts

My only option has been using the binaurals with my minidisc because of the plugin power. I then use to record that into my computer. I always recorded with the mics clipped onto a pencil for stereo rec.
    They do have low end but my recordings sound quite weak compared to those from the condenser.

Their s/n is 65 db. The AKG 451 is 76 db. Quite a difference! And it's very easy to hear on the recordings.

I'm quite certain by now that I'm not going to buy the AKG 451's. Their sensitivity is low and they seem to be better for drums.

I am going to have a look at the Audio Technica AE5100. It's a large capsule condenser which is supposed to have a warm, rich and accurate sound. Their s/n is 83 db! That must be very low noise if I understand correctly.

Also the Rode NT-3 and NT-4 look interesting and they are battery powered so that means that I can take them outside for field recordings.

1134 sounds
    284 posts

There is a big download button over there - right click and select 'save as'.

0 sounds
    2 posts

i tried that already, and it drops me in another page where it is enlarged, but gives me no options to save or where it maybe saved on my harddrive

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Could sum1 please leve uick rply telling me hat im doing wrong

You forgot to read the FAQ... your answer is here: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1580

0 sounds
    2 posts

Im trying to download samples. Its droping me into a mini quicktime player, and giving me no destination file save option. It says i have downloaded them in the data block on left of screen. If i have downloaded them, where are they.

Could sum1 please leave a quick reply telling me what im doing wrong

Cheers

0 sounds
    2 posts

I just finished an Anime Music Video, but there are two parts in the song I would like to add some extra sound.

Here is the video: tinyurl.com/3aunlb (I'm guessing there's some reason I can't post a link regularly?)
    It's kinda big [75MB] because its 59.94fps, but you guys are Audio people, so I won't bore you with the Video details tongue

i. one part occurs at 0:52---> I need the sound of someone yelling into a police radio
    ii. the other part involves the entire ending sequence---> I would like a more realistic stadium crowd [yeah... I added that myself :\ ]

Also, I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm going about this the wrong way.
    For those that help me, I can even put you in the ending Credits wink