Forums

975 sounds
    145 posts

BRAM DON'T CHANGE THE LOGO! It's cute. . . .I like it,

And the nightengale is an awesome name - you should name it Nightingale.wav (har har)
    As for customizable backdrops and stuff that would make it feel a little flashy, I love the simplicity and ease of use of freesound especially with Java console for uploading, (except when ur uploading u cant minimize the screen to do anything else) click-typeclicktypeclicktype. Like that sort of, or a Delete function to delete embarrassing samples and things that make ya feel useless, lol. Cool site. I like it.

- Kat

128 sounds
    198 posts

The fact it is going to be released GNU free software gives me a serious woody! Shit, where's my recorder when I need it...

128 sounds
    198 posts

I voted no for the same reasons mentioned. The current waveform pictures give a better idea of what you are about to hear (and roughly how loud/quiet).

975 sounds
    145 posts

Would a Color Spectrum analyzer do the same thing? there is one way to visualize them probably things like Bits Herts, format - ANSI and such. . . .It might work on frequency levels and blue is probably a higher KHZ frequency with yellow being a distorted and lower frequency with less Bits, Hertz and such. I don't know. . .

0 sounds
    2 posts

@Bram, I have seen the latest blog item and it looks quite interesting, however I can't find an explanation of the graphical representation of the wave form. How do the colors effect the waveform? thanks for your help, Juli

1366 sounds
    123 posts

So 50,000 files have now been loaded - this is fantastic but, Bram, any idea which was the 50,000th file - I for one would love to know?

0 sounds
    1 post

I found a tambourine sample that is included in a bigger library. It downloads as a single file, together with other dozens of samples. How can I split them and chose the right one for loading in Kontakt sampler?

thanks

1134 sounds
    285 posts

Hi there - I don't have any user experience with those models but after reading a massive amount of reviews I would say that the Zoom recorders are less sturdy than the Edirol. Some people seem to like the surround option of the Zoom, other people tell that the overall sound quality is not really good. I decided to save a little more money for the Sony thingy. It is made of aluminium and has excellent sound quality. The main thing with choosing a recorder is: how will you use it and what do you need it for? In terms of quality, most recorders are pretty decent - depending on what you want.

15 sounds
    135 posts

You are probably looking for Timpani. Bass Drums maybe another kind that will be useful. Snare drums.(the military ones if I'm not mistaken)

Here's a great Timpani set:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=1548

Give a good listen through the set. Some of them are more experimental with it. But you'll definitely find that kind of war drum sample in the set.

0 sounds
    31 posts

Take the movie a listen to the beat then find the closest sound to that and recreate it.

28 sounds
    45 posts

Wasn't trying to be mean about the grammar... I just didn't know if "grime" was intentionally misspelled, or if it was a real word with all the weird spellings.

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm trying to find a drum beat similar to the kind you'd hear in Lord of the Rings, for example.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello Everyone

So happy to be on that site, very useful and friendly.
    I need your help
    I'm a designer and I have to introduce a new subject to a large audience. I would be happy to find a pack of sounds very close to WII (the famous NINTENDO game) smile or similar to VISTA (WINDOWS) programm start sounds.
    Something a little bit futurist, soft, and very nice to hear.

Someone can help ?
    Many thanks to all of youf or your contributions

Bstrgds
    Edward from FRANCE

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hell there, i just want to know if any one has the "Himalayan ice bell" found on the roland fantom x series
    or could post it
    thanx

15 sounds
    135 posts

I don't know if this would be easy/possible to implement but what if you could make the user choose whether to hear the previews as normalized or not?

Maybe default it to normalize, but people who don't want to hear the normalization can choose some setting to hear all previews unnormalized. The thinking here is amateur users would hear more sounds without constant volume changes, while the pros can choose to hear the sounds the way they actually are.(if they're logged in) My thought is that amateur users probably don't give low volume sound recordings as much of a listen, so normalize might give those sounds more of a chance. This would also make it less tempting for uploaders to normalize themselves(like they might do) when some users don't want something processed in any way.

Sounds like a pain to implement but maybe I'm wrong smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Grime is a style of music & uses a variation of basses & anything else & btw "Plz uz corect gramer" Understatement LOL

3118 sounds
    315 posts

Bram

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/files/player/player.html

opinions?

It seems that mouse over isn't working yet in Safari (3.1) for me...works fine in Firefox. Also I feel the rewind/return to start/whatever you want to call that button looks too much like the letter "K" which could potentially be confusing.
    And to stay with the original topic, one more vote to not normalize.

44 sounds
    99 posts

sad to see no normalizing will be implemented. :cry:

121 sounds
    1552 posts

not normalized, but the nightingale player with the new previews and spectral display on mouse over:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/files/player/player.html

opinions?

I think the spectral display should probably get a button ( small S perhaps? ) instead of on mouse over.

- bram

0 sounds
    1 post

More info at www.jourparjour.net/radio/VNR_Home.htm

submit something!

thanks

email me at st@jourparjour.net with questions