Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

For Yabmail, voice-recorded mail (with or without sound effects), I am looking for some testers for a new service. We are working on a place for posting (voice) recordings, again with or without sound effects. If it’s your thing … get involved, get in touch. It’s is a free thing, so sorry, no money but there is fame and glory.

0 sounds
    31 posts

I haven't posted any sounds here and sounds that I get from my film collection [which I can't count],my 5000 and counting vinyl collection and Computer Music and Future Music free sample dvds get mixed and processed together to make a totally new and unique sound.

If your making a track or film for your own personnel use then I gave you a starting point as to where to find what your looking for.

If you know how to mix and mutate existing sounds then you have nothing to worry about.

IF you recognize the early works of the Chemical Brothers and the Dust Brothers,they tell you outright that they created most of their tracks from records...other peoples records.

I personally know this.

And they never got permission to use them and their record label knew that...why ?

Because they manipulated those sounds into totally new and unique sounds to the point that you could no longer recognize what the original source sounded like...and thats exactly what I do.

I also outright extract sounds from movies and either use them as is or process them for use in my game mods which of course,I don't sell.

By the way if you didn't know this,the way the laws are written and the technology that follows them not only is ridiculous,but they are also down right stupid.

Mind you I am against pirating since I am a Music Producer but I will bet that you,those here on the Freesound site and most likely anyone who ever reads this has,is and will still be breaking copyright laws.

If you have ever owned a VCR and recorded a TV show or movie with it,you broke the law.
    If you have ever owned a record album
    and recorded it to cassette,you broke the law.
    If you have ever DJ'ed at a club and been paid for it [like I have] ,you broke the law.
    If you have ever made a mixed tape or CD,you broke the law.
    If you own a Video Tape collection of movies and shows [like I do],you broke the law.
    If you record a song or a movie on any kind of media and then take that over to a friends house and invite people over to enjoy it, you are breaking the law.

And if you own a DVD recorder or have a cable service that allows your to record a movie or TV show,you are breaking the law.

Now if you think I'm making this up,read the label on a vinyl record and read it REALLY CAREFULLY and think about all those tapes that you and your friends use to listen and share...if your at least in your 30's.

And if your recording your favorite TV shows from your cable box using a VCR,DVD or Digital Cable Service,then read what it says at then end of the show or movie that your recording and READ IT VERY CAREFULLY.

In the 90's when this issue was raised,the major broadcast networks developed a system that allowed a user to open their TV Guide and look at their favorite show or movie and right beside it was a unque number right next to this program.

The user then inputs this number code into their VCR to record their show and VCR companies ran out and build tens of thousands of these units.

What do you think all these people were doing with these units ?

I have a massive Video Tape and DVD collection thats so big I could start my own movie network and I got it from taping and burning from my cable service.

I understand what you mean about unethical but our laws are not written on the basis of ethics but on the basis of profit.

Years ago when the copying of the CD started,SONY came out with a technology that would not allow a person to copy CD's and this would have saved SONY MUSIC and other record companies millions of bucks.

Phillips on the other hand being the developers of the CD took it to court and had it shutdown.

The result was that everyone and their mother started copying CD's and SONY and other major labels began losing millons of dollars [they still made millions in profit but it could have been more were it not for Phillips].

The slap in the face came when Phillips released the Dual CD Burner and that made perfect copies of most commercial CD's.

Unethical ? HELL YEAH.
    Did the government do anything about it ? HELL NO.

If they did,they would have outlawed CD Burners as well as the DVD Burners that we have now.

I truly doubt that after this your going to throw away any of your recorders or any mixed tapes or CD's that were given to you or you made .

By the way, I think I broke the law again about 2 hours ago...I recorded Terminator: The Sarah Conners Chronicles on my cable box.

0 sounds
    1 post

hello people does anyone have some goa samples, presets and leads

tks

31 sounds
    5 posts

If your phone can connect to the PC you can obviously transfer the file that way. Mine is also an MP3 player and all the ringtones are MP3 or MIDI. In my case I can convert to MP3, transfer over USB and then select the MP3 as a ringtone.

You'll have to look at the options for your phone but using Bluetooth from another device is another possible option if you've got it (and MP3 ringtones are supported).

31 sounds
    5 posts

When I started work on this I couldn't find anything like this, but now it seems a few projects like this have popped up. Anyway.. TeleQ generates atmospheres using sounds, and Freesound has been a great resource right from the start of the project.

As a listener, you can just install the app, download a soundscape from the site, load it in and hit 'Teleport In' to hear the soundscape. Unlike some other projects I haven't particularly concentrated on nature so there is a range of 'genres' if you like. Available at the time of writing are:

Ambient:
    Holy: An ambient chamber echoes sounds of praise.
    Sail on Lava: Sail into the sea of lava..
    Circle of Thunder: Continuous thunder surrounds the skies above you.
    Surrounding Water: Static water features surround you. Their position changes every time the TelePack is played.
    Fireworks: Recreating that atmosphere of fireworks exploding in the air around you.

Surreal:
    The Voice: The Voice spins eternal prophecies, while ambient music plays.
    Haunted: An abandoned place plays host to all manner of haunting sounds.
    Steam Ghost: A calming spirit inhabits a pocket of the galaxy, spreading itself over eternity.
    Alien Seasons: Alternates between the three Alien seasons with accompanying music.

Experimental / Art:
    Comb Convention: A convention of combs.. each making their own version of that unmistakable sound.
    Rustling: An eternally rustling dish of pot pourris.
    Shattering: Glass objects shatter on the ground around you.

Other in-progress / planned projects include a pirate ship, battlefield, space battle and factory.

If you want to create soundscapes or make derivatives of the ones I've created you can use the included Editor. At your disposal are options for set or randomised playback, positioning, movement and frequency of sounds. You can make really simple ones that just play a number of sounds randomly or complex scenes with timings and ordered playback.

Thanks to all who have created the sounds I've used. There's far too many to list here but hit 'About' in TeleQ player with a soundscape selected for a full list and links to the sounds used. smile

See www.spacetug.me.uk/teleq for info and the downloads..

44 sounds
    99 posts

this is very unethical and shouldn't be done. The sound created in the movie belongs to someone. Someone owns that sound and ripping it off the dvd is basicly stealing. (please refer to FBI warning) ADAMSTRANGE i hope none of the sounds you have posted here are under copyright. It could get you into big trouble.

0 sounds
    2 posts

I, too, am looking for such a set of samples.

Tim

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Microfluid
    Thanks Mark,
    but as I can see they don't accept any special requests - only a capability of joining their readers list.

I know a guy that was born in Scotland, never asked before if he can speak Scottish but he might want to help. I'll let you know.
    D

4 sounds
    31 posts

Thanks Mark,
    but as I can see they don't accept any special requests - only a capability of joining their readers list.

0 sounds
    31 posts

I love these tracks.

Very Experimental vs Ambient.

I find that they need to be really longer but if your selling your music [ I HOPE THAT YOU ARE] then the alotted time for them on your site is just fine.

Also they just cut off at the end where they should just fade away or have something really interesting happen to them at the end.

But again if these are just snippets of fuller versions then they are perfect.

Where were they mix at and did you get them Mastered ?

Also the site does look like an Archive site but its very simple and to the point which to me makes it more appealing.

This is the classic case where using "Less is More" really works.

0 sounds
    31 posts

Your going to have to be more specific because there are several sounds.

Are you talking about the sound that appears to be climbing and falling in sync with the beat ?

Something like this can be created by laying down a pattern of a closed hihat sample and running it through a reverb plugin.

Set the reverb's "BALANCE or MIX" to 100% wet so that the sound is totally effected.

You don't want it to sound ringy or huge.

After that process the result through a Flanger or Phaser plugin.

But in this case I think the original sound is that of a Guitar Strum running through just a Stereo Phaser or Stereo Flanger and a Stereo Compressor [ the compressor to get it to sound nice and tight].

0 sounds
    31 posts

Try doing a search for

TENSION CABLE WAV,
    TENSION CABLE STRETCHING WAV,
    TENSION CABLE STRESS WAV,
    STEEL CABLE WAV,
    STEEL CABLE STRESS WAV,
    STEEL TENSION WAV,
    STEEL TENSION STRESS WAV,
    STEEL CABLE STRETCHING WAV,

Also a good source for sounds is your movie collection .

Now I'm not sure that the exact sound that your looking for is in this but in the last Bruce Willis Die Hard film there is a scene where he falls through some sort of shaft with an SUV and it gets caught on some steel cables that are trying to hold the car's weight [at least I think they were cables] and its making this tension stretching kind of sound.

If it has the sound but you don't know how to extract the sound let me know and I will show you.

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Good choice indeed!

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Bram
    I've decided on Nightingale as a tribute to the highest-rated sound on freesound by Reinsamba
    - bram

Good choice!
    You made a tribute to rating and to bandwidth, I guess: with roughly 4000 downloads and weighing 40 Mb this sample should be 'responsible' for a good part of FS traffic smile

D

121 sounds
    1545 posts

I've decided on Nightingale as a tribute to the highest-rated sound on freesound by Reinsamba:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=17185

- bram

121 sounds
    1545 posts

I'll reply over there.

- bram

0 sounds
    20 posts

I am not even certain the best way to describe the sound is as I have it in the subject.

Let me paint the picture, and hopefully someone can provide the adequate sound.

An elevator is dropping and the safety cables catch it. I am looking for the sound that those high-tension cables make when they are pulled tight. Its that almost "electric" sound they make.

Maybe if someone knows the correct term I wouldn't even need the a new sound, but as of now, I am turning up nothing. Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

0 sounds
    24 posts

Bram
    karla, take it easy with the forum posts... wink

- bram, moderator/amin

Sure thing bram but I was only updating my post thread and we now only need a male rapper no female singers or rappers are needed at the moment unless you got something that is amazing so
    funny to be added onto the soundtrack. Then yes it's welcome, if you can make people laugh out loud
    come on with it. :wink:

606 sounds
    276 posts

sagmaw
    hello guys...just a silly question; does it accept line-level input/s or is it purely mic-level? i'm thinking of getting one from b&h once it arrives this april. i couldn't find any specs of it accepting line-level. 800USD isn't bad for a 4-track recorder. i sure hope that it can accept line-level though.

thanks!

mark

It does both.

digifish

1134 sounds
    284 posts

In my Opera browser there's a little box that appears over the Freesound link - 'Have you freed your sound today?'

Yeah, I like that slogan. So FreeSound becomes Hyfyst? weirdhock: