Forums

20 sounds
    25 posts

I finally was able to look up the corresponding values - at least for Europe, they are defined in the ETSI standard document "EN 300 001", chapter 1.7.5.

The repeated cadence for the "Special information tone" is
    An audible indication to the caller advising that the called number cannot be reached for reasons other than subscriber busy or congestion.
    It is defined to be a sequence of three tones, each 300 +/- 40ms long and a pause of 1000 +/- 100ms before the next sequence.
    Frequencies: f1 = 950 +/- 50 Hz, f2 = 1400 +/- 50 Hz, f3 = 1800 +/- 50 Hz

Furthermore:
    Cadence is 330 +/- 70ms "on" for each frequency in the order given, with up to 30ms "off" between adjacent signals. (For GB)

Hope that helps.

(Note that in the POTS in Europe, all these values for information tones are country specific and the document has a list for all countries, although they generally are similar - if not identical; Above values are the common ones for this tone)

44 sounds
    22 posts

Do you mean, like the very beginning of Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the machine", perhaps?

44 sounds
    99 posts

Sweet, thanks!!!

102 sounds
    25 posts

Here we go...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/528848-REG/Rycote_055355_Mini_Windjammer_for_Zoom.html

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi, its not a easy thing?!
    Im searching for scripts or best for real emergency announcements in english.
    Situations like emergency landing and otherssmile.

THANX SO MUCH!!!
    Bart.

0 sounds
    31 posts

Dial in a number that reqires an area code but don't use the code.

Or you can try just leaving out the last number.

44 sounds
    99 posts

If anyone knows of a windjammer solution for the H4 please post it here.

0 sounds
    49 posts

Haha thanks.

I'll see if it works. It's for a local band I'm helping out. If they like the idea I'll use it.

44 sounds
    99 posts

Yeah I forgot to mention about the wind noise. Even with the faux windscreen which looks more like a clown nose, recording outdoors can take quite some effort. It doesn't take much to create a good low rumble wind noise so plan accordingly. It would be nice if they made a windjammer or something for it. I thought i saw someone say that rycote made a windjammer for it but I could never find one.

3115 sounds
    315 posts

I have an H4 as well, I will say two things; First if you use the built in mics outside be sure to figure out some really good wind protection (the mics are very sensitive to wind). Second if you plan to use an external mic, particularly with phantom power, consider getting an external battery pack of some sort (there can be problems with noise).

434 sounds
    230 posts

Check this sound out. It ain't the right one, but it maybe comes close to what you want:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=14057

434 sounds
    230 posts

I'd love to put a link to Freesound in one of my upcoming plugins. Since it uses Freesound samples it's nothing more than right that I do. So do you have a button say 96x24 pixel? That would be helpful.

44 sounds
    99 posts

No problem

37 sounds
    86 posts

Very nice. Yeah... the sound and stats are great.

I think that its the one.

Ill have to post some beach sounds smile

I can see the audio title now.

"Me popping beer top" "Me snorring" "Applying Suntan Lotion to Burn" lol

Thanks Man

44 sounds
    99 posts

Here are some pretty impressive recordings that I found making use of the zoom H4. http://www.dblondin.com/120406.html This may give you a good idea of the recorders potential. I would post my sounds but much of what I do is under copyright and I am not able to post it here.

37 sounds
    86 posts

Looks very impressive and i think ill buy it.

Im going to see if any other suggestions come in

37 sounds
    86 posts

Thanks Im checking it out now smile

231 sounds
    129 posts

perhaps you can upload something then?

that would show some real appreciation..

been a year now - it's not a one way street is it?

it's also amazing that such a prestigious title ( read has a budget!!! ) is gracing us with it's presence here.. whilst it's nice that you are giving the unknown underdogs a chance - I hope they get a free copy of the game when it's done??

really is grand theft!

grand thrift?

hehe!

44 sounds
    99 posts

Take a look at the Zoom H4. It's right at your price point and you can't beat it for the price.

37 sounds
    86 posts

I posted this question a few months back..

HandHeld Digital Recording Device for around $100

Well now im back again... and i've got $300 Woohooo so now the question is where can i get a HandHeld Digital Recording Device for around $300.

Im going to the beach in a few weeks and want to get some new souds! smile